Forum Jump: 

post #2701 of 3968 Old 01-26-2013, 02:45 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by tampa8 View Post

The LG7600 does not change input when you turn on a device other than an LG device. Simplink works with other LG devices. As asked, do you have a TV that does? What's the model? As JBWIII mentioned, it would take both items to work together to do that, I'm not sure TV's in general do what you are asking.

If that is important, use a Harmony remote, problem solved!

Actually, the LG7600 does change inputs with other brands when Simplink is on. I have a Magnavox DVD player which will work with Simplink.
StCelery likes this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2702 of 3968 Old 01-26-2013, 04:33 PM

Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by merlo 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chuck Smith View Post

I see there are more people with the rebooting issue now as well. Mine hasn't rebooted in a week. Since I initally reinstalled Plex. I'm not sure if I got the updated Plex but I've restarted it multiple times and can't get the tv to reboot again. I'm not really upset about it, but there is a LG tech coming out tomorow to look at it and possibly replace the power board. Not sure if I want him taking it apart if nothing is actually wrong with it. Any suggestions on what I should do?

When you see him, please ask him how to label the HDMI input manually other than choosing from the labels in the Settings.

For instance, I want to call HDMI 1 "Canon/ GoPro", HDMI 2 "Apple TV" and HDMI 4 "PS3".

LG's Tech Support on the phone says, it can't be done. But my Verizon (Motorola) FiOS set-top box label HDMI 3 automatically: Verizon FiOS. So it is possible.

Chuck - so what happened during the technician's visit?
post #2703 of 3968 Old 01-26-2013, 11:06 PM

Hi. I'm having a problem with my LM7600's Wi-Fi connectivity.
Wi-Fi was working until recently, but now it just doesn't.

When the TV starts up, if I go to Home, I see the "Connecting network" notice, and it's there for a while, but it doesn't connect.

If I go to "Network Connection", I'm sent to the screen that shows the instructions to connect to a wired or wireless network, but when I click "Start Connection", it just shows a screen that says "To connect to the network, check the connection status of LAN cable or AP.", with "Try again" as the only option, which when clicked takes me to the previous screen.

Going to "Network Status" takes me straight to the second screen described before.

It seems as if the TV has become unaware of its Wi-Fi capability.
I tried performing an "Initial Setting" restore from the TV's menu, but it didn't help.

The TV is working perfectly in all other aspects, and it has the latest firmware, 4.31.30, which I updated over Wi-Fi when it still worked.

Any help will be very much appreciated.
I'm scared to death that this could be a hardware issue, since I'm not in the US and it would be a nightmare to get it serviced.
post #2704 of 3968 Old 01-27-2013, 06:04 AM
Advanced Member

Liked: 39
Unplug the TV while it is on, wait a few minutes then plug it back in. See if it now works.
Even if other wifi devices are working, restart the router. (With a hard reset - unplug it, wait a couple of minutes then plug it in again.) With some internet modems you may have to first reset the that modem also or the router might not see the modem. See if that works.

Also, think if you have changed anything that could now be interfering with the signal between the TV and the router.

If you still can not get a connection find a way to do a hard connection to the router and see if the TV will now connect. When you do that, while you have a connection see if there is a software update. The latest for those doing the Engineer updates is 04.31.43. However there are no posts about Wifi problems with your version nor did I have one with that version. But if you see one available it could fix the problem.
post #2705 of 3968 Old 01-27-2013, 09:40 AM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 46
Quote:
Originally Posted by tgm1024 View Post

Ever wonder how often LG gets screwed by lazy technicians who just replace one thing after another the way car dealership repair departments do?

If LG is like auto manufacturers they don't pay for diagnosis time on warranty repairs. Technicians don't like to work for free so some tend to resort to "throwing parts at it".

Steve S.
post #2706 of 3968 Old 01-27-2013, 12:40 PM
Advanced Member

Hi guys, I have the chance to buy this tv for $850. Is it a good performer for xbox games, picture quality/lag wise? When you disable the motion tech on this one, does the picture quality go down alot?
post #2707 of 3968 Old 01-27-2013, 01:55 PM

Hi all,

today i tried to connect my laptop to this TV via HDMI cableAm running Ubuntu OS in my laptop. i connect the laptop to HDMI4 input. . Am able to see the laptop screen on TV, but i am not able to hear any sound. Am able to hear the sound only from my Laptop.

where is the issue? should i do any configuration changes?

Thanks.
post #2708 of 3968 Old 01-27-2013, 02:24 PM
Advanced Member

Liked: 39
It's not the TV it's the setting on the laptop. Have to find the sound settings while the HDMI is active and change them from laptop to HDMI.
post #2709 of 3968 Old 01-27-2013, 02:57 PM

Liked: 14
Quote:
Originally Posted by splattered View Post

Technician called me today and rescheduled for monday because it was raining and he didnt want the replacement part to get wet... and apparently the sub part turned out to be the whole panel?? I am really confused as to whats going on with my repair here.

My TV lighting issues have gotten much worse in the month i've had it... at first it was just a bit of bleeding around the edges and the top left corner was much brighter than the rest of the panel, but last night i noticed in a dark scene that all four corners are very bright now. Weird, i thought the light bleed issues were supposed to get BETTER with time?
post #2710 of 3968 Old 01-27-2013, 05:04 PM

Liked: 12
I must say that I'm sorry for those of you having problems with this tv. This has been one of the best purchases I've ever made. I got mine from BB in early December and haven't had a single problem with the tv. I was even able to price match the tv 2 times for an extra $200 in savings. The PQ was fantastic out of the box, the WiFi has been flawless. I have an LG BR plater and Simplink works as it should. My LG soundbar turns on automatically with the tv power since its connected with an optical cable. I've since adjusted the settings to the CNET recommended settings and the PQ is even better. My set only has minimal light bleed which can hardly be noticed (my wife says im crazy when i point it out to her). It turns out, so I've just discovered, that i get a free in home calibration by the BB Geek Squad. I'm going to schedule that soon so it'll be interesting to see how the in home calibration differs from the CNET settings. The only think I've been nervous to try is the engineering menu with the newer software updates...I just don't want to chance messing anything up.

Anyway, I certainly don't intend for this to be a 'look at me' post, but, I just want people who are on the fence about this tv to know that it can be excellent and well worth the investment!
post #2711 of 3968 Old 01-27-2013, 06:11 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 149 Post(s)
Liked: 574
Quote:
Originally Posted by 420brady View Post

I must say that I'm sorry for those of you having problems with this tv. This has been one of the best purchases I've ever made. I got mine from BB in early December and haven't had a single problem with the tv. I was even able to price match the tv 2 times for an extra $200 in savings. The PQ was fantastic out of the box, the WiFi has been flawless. I have an LG BR plater and Simplink works as it should. My LG soundbar turns on automatically with the tv power since its connected with an optical cable. I've since adjusted the settings to the CNET recommended settings and the PQ is even better. My set only has minimal light bleed which can hardly be noticed (my wife says im crazy when i point it out to her). It turns out, so I've just discovered, that i get a free in home calibration by the BB Geek Squad. I'm going to schedule that soon so it'll be interesting to see how the in home calibration differs from the CNET settings. The only think I've been nervous to try is the engineering menu with the newer software updates...I just don't want to chance messing anything up.

Please, DO NOT. Repeated a different way:

....I would feel terrible if you posted back with "@#$%, I should have left it alone."

Quote:
Anyway, I certainly don't intend for this to be a 'look at me' post, but, I just want people who are on the fence about this tv to know that it can be excellent and well worth the investment!

No, this is totally welcome!!! Forums usually (by their nature) collect people who need help getting something fixed. Folks are far far less likely to run to a forum and say "Hey, mine's great!", and as you surmised, it's valuable information to hear the other side more often!

WARNING: You have now entered a no @#$%tard zone. Please gather your anti-vaccine propaganda nonsense and slowly back out the way you came in.
post #2712 of 3968 Old 01-27-2013, 06:28 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by tHE_uKER View Post

Hi. I'm having a problem with my LM7600's Wi-Fi connectivity.
Wi-Fi was working until recently, but now it just doesn't.

When the TV starts up, if I go to Home, I see the "Connecting network" notice, and it's there for a while, but it doesn't connect.

Hold on. As a software engineer, I've got to say that my first reaction is that this smells like something entirely within the router. Assuming you didn't change any settings at all (big if!), the most common reasons in my experience for routers punting connections are that either
  1. The router is temporarily borked (so power cycle it), ....OR....
  2. The router has run out of IP addresses----you may have only (say) 10 slots available and someone's iPod or iPhone just happened to grab the last slot, leaving nothing for your TV. This is easily remedied----log into your router as admin and add slots. This varies from router to router, so I can't give details on that, but there will definitely be someplace in the router to show you "currently connected devices", and you'll see if every IP is used up.

HOWEVER, that all said, if you DO think there's even a 1% chance that you mucked with the router's options even a little, check the following (not in any order)
  • encryption password
  • see if the TV is WEP-only and you set your router for WPA- or WPA2-only
  • make sure no 802.11b-only (as in "bumblebee") device is connected. This can sometimes cause routers to pull down the entire connection to 802.11b. I know, I know, don't ask me to explain that one.
  • make sure you didn't turn on mac address filtering, or if you did, make sure the TV's mac address is whitelisted

WARNING: You have now entered a no @#$%tard zone. Please gather your anti-vaccine propaganda nonsense and slowly back out the way you came in.
post #2713 of 3968 Old 01-27-2013, 06:32 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

Unplug the TV while it is on, wait a few minutes then plug it back in. See if it now works.
Even if other wifi devices are working, restart the router. (With a hard reset - unplug it, wait a couple of minutes then plug it in again.) With some internet modems you may have to first reset the that modem also or the router might not see the modem. See if that works.

Also, think if you have changed anything that could now be interfering with the signal between the TV and the router.

If you still can not get a connection find a way to do a hard connection to the router and see if the TV will now connect. When you do that, while you have a connection see if there is a software update. The latest for those doing the Engineer updates is 04.31.43. However there are no posts about Wifi problems with your version nor did I have one with that version. But if you see one available it could fix the problem.

......what he said.

post #2714 of 3968 Old 01-27-2013, 08:24 PM

Quote:

It's not the TV it's the setting on the laptop. Have to find the sound settings while the HDMI is active and change them from laptop to HDMI.
ya, you are correct. i fixed the problem. After connecting the laptop to TV, had to restart the laptop, to see the HDMI option in sound settings dialog. we have to select HDMI output instead of laptop speakers. then it worked.
post #2715 of 3968 Old 01-28-2013, 01:28 AM

I was able to get into the service menu of the 55LM6700 with the 0413 code but most of the options are greyed out including THX and THX 3d which are both set to off by default. Not sure how to "un-grey" them except maybe a different 4 digit pin meant for this year's model.
post #2716 of 3968 Old 01-28-2013, 02:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeffrey M View Post

I was able to get into the service menu of the 55LM6700 with the 0413 code but most of the options are greyed out including THX and THX 3d which are both set to off by default. Not sure how to "un-grey" them except maybe a different 4 digit pin meant for this year's model.

you cant ungrey them cause that is not an option for your tv.
all you can do is change pcm to ac3 under tool option 7.
post #2717 of 3968 Old 01-28-2013, 09:01 PM

Technician came today and swapped out panels.. did not fix the issue. Now it is the bottom left corner that is super bright as opposed to the upper left corner. Still has bleeding along the edges too.

The technician acknowledged that this didn't fix the issue and said it may take 2 or 3 panel swaps before i get a good one.

I called LG and made them put on my file that the issue persists but that i wish to give it 2-4 weeks to allow the issue to correct itself and that if it is still there i will be calling in for another service request.
post #2718 of 3968 Old 01-29-2013, 08:04 AM

Just picked up my 55 LM7600 from Futureshop on sale. Out of the box the picture looked great, with some tweaking the picture looked phenomenal. My Video Games look and play amazing, no lag in game mode, movies look great, all in all I am completely impressed.

There is a tiny bit of light bleed on the top left corner, but I could really care less, no need to be picky with a panel that looks that good for the price.

Anybody thinking about picking up this tv don't even hesitate, there isn't one thing about this tv I don't like. Do yourself a favor though and download the LG TV Remote app for iPhone or Android. It really makes controlling the tv much easier. A keyboard would be nice but I'm sure that will come with an update.

Also check out the Cnet review that states the 7600 has better picture quality than the flagship 9600. That should be enough to convince you.
post #2719 of 3968 Old 01-29-2013, 08:29 AM

Liked: 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by splattered View Post

Technician came today and swapped out panels.. did not fix the issue. Now it is the bottom left corner that is super bright as opposed to the upper left corner. Still has bleeding along the edges too.

The technician acknowledged that this didn't fix the issue and said it may take 2 or 3 panel swaps before i get a good one.

I called LG and made them put on my file that the issue persists but that i wish to give it 2-4 weeks to allow the issue to correct itself and that if it is still there i will be calling in for another service request.

I had a power supply issue on an LG TV years ago (model 42LB1DR,or something like that, purchased new). Anyway, after 3-4 times of the technician coming to my house, LG arranged for me to get a whole new TV. Isn't there some sort of lemon law where you could basically complain? It's an awful lot of trouble for you as a consumer to keep having to have a technician coming over with no luck fixing the problem. This may not be the answer, but I thought I'd mention my experience.
post #2720 of 3968 Old 01-29-2013, 09:22 AM

Quote:

I had a power supply issue on an LG TV years ago (model 42LB1DR,or something like that, purchased new). Anyway, after 3-4 times of the technician coming to my house, LG arranged for me to get a whole new TV. Isn't there some sort of lemon law where you could basically complain? It's an awful lot of trouble for you as a consumer to keep having to have a technician coming over with no luck fixing the problem. This may not be the answer, but I thought I'd mention my experience.

I dunno i think the lemon law may only apply to vehicles in California?
post #2721 of 3968 Old 01-29-2013, 10:00 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

LG probably just sick to death of repair technicians thinking they can get away with the "replace and hope" style of repair.

post #2722 of 3968 Old 01-29-2013, 08:16 PM

Hey everyone. Wow this is a decently long thread biggrin.gif

This past Saturday, I purchased the 47LM7600 from Best Buy. I did about a week of reviewing all of my options for a new TV beforehand, demoed some sets, figured out I wasn't going to do a plasma (I'm a huge gamer, and I know everyone says burn-in isn't an issue anymore, but I'm superstitious, and besides, I like gaming and watching TV in a brightly-lit environment anyways), so I decided this LG was perfect. Best Buy price matched my local Fry's at $849, and now I'm just waiting for the store to receive it from the warehouse, which should be either tomorrow or Thursday.

I'm coming from a 40 inch Samsung 1080p LCD, model LN-T4066F, that I bought for almost double the price at the end of 2008. I was happy with it for awhile, but about 2 years ago I started to notice some very bad color banding in my PS3 games and some TV/Blu Ray content (extremely apparent on the PS3 home screen, which showed roughly 15-20 different color bands). No setting I messed with on TV has alleviated it, although I admit I'm not too savvy with picture settings. A couple of months ago, the set started to take a very long time to come on, would randomly power cycle, and would sometimes display a pinkish-purple series of dots/static. I looked it up and found this was a big cap issue, and I actually have a free tech service scheduled at the end of the week to replace the caps.

I used this as an opportunity to buy the LG for my media room, since the Samsung once repaired will be replacing a 32 inch Sony in the Living Room.

I've read most of the thread, and I don't really have much in the way of questions as of yet. Maybe one, but it's more subjective than anything else. How much better should I expect the quality of the picture on the LG? Will it only look like a modest upgrade from the Samsung, or will I be blown away coming from a 40 inch LCD from 2008?

Thank you for everyone who has shared their knowledge in this thread.
post #2723 of 3968 Old 01-29-2013, 08:26 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by MMcCraryNJ View Post

Hey everyone. Wow this is a decently long thread biggrin.gif

This past Saturday, I purchased the 47LM7600 from Best Buy. I did about a week of reviewing all of my options for a new TV beforehand, demoed some sets, figured out I wasn't going to do a plasma (I'm a huge gamer, and I know everyone says burn-in isn't an issue anymore, but I'm superstitious, and besides, I like gaming and watching TV in a brightly-lit environment anyways), so I decided this LG was perfect. Best Buy price matched my local Fry's at $849
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
ARG!

Is anyone else supremely frustrated that so many people can get insanely low prices like this??????
StCelery likes this.

post #2724 of 3968 Old 01-29-2013, 08:43 PM

Thanks for everyone's suggestions, but you are missing the point.
Even if I didn't have a router at all, the TV should perform a SSID detection, and even when that failed, allow me to manually enter the SSID of a hidden network.
Well, that's not happening.
The TV gets stuck looping back and forth between two screens that do nothing.
It seems like the TV is now oblivious of it having built-in Wi-Fi.
post #2725 of 3968 Old 01-29-2013, 08:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tgm1024 View Post

Is anyone else supremely frustrated that so many people can get insanely low prices like this??????

Sorry! If it makes you feel better, I totally missed out on the $799 + Blu Ray Player + 6 Additional 3D Glasses that happened back in August. *shrug*
post #2726 of 3968 Old 01-29-2013, 08:51 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

Sorry! If it makes you feel better, I totally missed out on the $799 + Blu Ray Player + 6 Additional 3D Glasses that happened back in August. *shrug*

Actually I do feel better for a different reason. I jumped the gun. I see LM7600 and assume it's 55". My mistake. But there have been a lot of far lower prices than I'm ever able to find. At least for the TV's I'm interested in. :-/

post #2727 of 3968 Old 01-29-2013, 10:30 PM

mad.gif
post #2728 of 3968 Old 01-29-2013, 10:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GustavoTorres View Post

I was able to enter EZAdjust menu... anyone know how to turn on tool option 3 and 5... I want to turn on THX!!!

How did you get to the menu using lg commander? I need the 3 digit code for the new 2012 smart tv/3d models - could you please provide? I know 255/254, etc no longer work (i've tried...)
post #2729 of 3968 Old 01-30-2013, 04:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nohbahdi View Post

How did you get to the menu using lg commander? I need the 3 digit code for the new 2012 smart tv/3d models - could you please provide? I know 255/254, etc no longer work (i've tried...)
0413 is the code to get in to the hidden menus
more info here:
http://openlgtv.org.ru/wiki/index.php/Access_hidden_service_menus_/_modes
post #2730 of 3968 Old 01-30-2013, 08:57 AM

Quote:

I've read most of the thread, and I don't really have much in the way of questions as of yet. Maybe one, but it's more subjective than anything else. How much better should I expect the quality of the picture on the LG? Will it only look like a modest upgrade from the Samsung, or will I be blown away coming from a 40 inch LCD from 2008?

Thank you for everyone who has shared their knowledge in this thread.

I went from a 40" Sony Bravia that was apparently top of the line when it came out. Several years old now. I think you're going to be very pleasently surprised at how good the LG looks with high def content.
tampa8 likes this.
Reply LCD Flat Panel Displays

Tags
Lg Cinema Screen 55lm7600 55 Inch Cinema 3d 1080p 240 Hz Led Lcd Hdtv , Led Hdtv , Displays , Onkyo Tx Nr609 7 2 Channel Network Thx Certified A V Receiver , Lg Nb3520a Sound Bar Audio System With Wireless Subwoofer Bluetooth Streaming , Samsung Un55d7000 55 Inch 1080p 240 Hz 3d Led Hdtv Silver
Gear in this thread

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page