post #2791 of 3966 Old 02-08-2013, 02:45 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 140 Post(s)
Liked: 568
Quote:
Originally Posted by tampa8 View Post

I can only tell you Amazon works flawlessly on my 7600, same a Vudu. Only Youtube every once in awhile seems to momentarily freeze, but haven't seen that in awhile.

To answer another post, yes I have everything and Amazon because the instructions being followed are not what my settings are...... As previously discussed due to people possibly bricking their TV if they don't or can't follow the instructions I do not want to post the procedure. (And it's possible someone's TV has different settings for whatever reason)

Is that really possible? I find it hard to believe there wouldn't be a fail-safe "reset".

WARNING: You have now entered a no @#$%tard zone. Please gather your anti-vaccine propaganda nonsense and slowly back out the way you came in.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2792 of 3966 Old 02-08-2013, 03:25 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I managed to get it back. The icon is messed up but it still works.
post #2793 of 3966 Old 02-08-2013, 05:35 PM
Advanced Member

Liked: 39
Quote:
Originally Posted by huangtingting1 View Post

Hey guys I am thinking about getting the 47LM7600 and I am wondering about the 3D. It will be in my room right in front of my bed. My bed sits high so I am eye level with it. I know they say that you should not watch 3D when laying down. What do you guys think? I usually have my pillows so I am leaning up a bit.

Thanks,
Bob

What would you get if you don't get the 7600? Will whatever that is be as good overall just without the 3D?
post #2794 of 3966 Old 02-08-2013, 10:13 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by huangtingting1 View Post

Hey guys I am thinking about getting the 47LM7600 and I am wondering about the 3D. It will be in my room right in front of my bed. My bed sits high so I am eye level with it. I know they say that you should not watch 3D when laying down. What do you guys think? I usually have my pillows so I am leaning up a bit.

Thanks,
Bob

When they say that, they are referring to your head orientation being sideways, as it would be if you were laying on a couch. That's not the case with your bed, or at least I hope not (lol).

Draw an imaginary horizontal straight line that intersects your eyes at the pupil. If that line is parallel to the floor (and hence parallel to the top and bottom of the TV) then things are ok, which is the case with the TV at your feet and you lying on your back. If you want to lay sideways (as if on a couch) and watch 3D tv with your eyes in an up/down orientation, put the TV on its side. smile.gif

It got confusing to the public for a while there because in the beginning of this technology LG made this absurd claim that passive glasses allow you to see 3D when lying down (with your head sideways), and it was premature and debunked, because the 3D comes from Left/Right images being fed to the left and right eyes from a camera with Left and Right apertures, and this is a horizontal orientation that just cannot suddenly work if the camera remains flat but your head and glasses go sideways. They've since pulled that crap from the propaganda.

WARNING: You have now entered a no @#$%tard zone. Please gather your anti-vaccine propaganda nonsense and slowly back out the way you came in.
post #2795 of 3966 Old 02-09-2013, 05:49 AM

Liked: 12
Quote:

I can only tell you Amazon works flawlessly on my 7600, same a Vudu. Only Youtube every once in awhile seems to momentarily freeze, but haven't seen that in awhile.

To answer another post, yes I have everything and Amazon because the instructions being followed are not what my settings are...... As previously discussed due to people possibly bricking their TV if they don't or can't follow the instructions I do not want to post the procedure. (And it's possible someone's TV has different settings for whatever reason)

Tampa, it seems like getting the Amazon app and maintaining full functionality of the LG apps is a bit more involved which makes me glad I've never fooled with the engineer updates and is why I won't!, I'm worried ill mess up my tv! I do agree that VuDu is flawless, I only wish that Amazon would be available to the general masses!
post #2796 of 3966 Old 02-09-2013, 06:01 AM

Liked: 11
LG service just replaced the 47LM7600 system board on my tv. But, now when I go to the Home screen, I get static. I don't use the tv's internal tuner. So, all I want is a blank or blue screen when going to the tv's home page. Any suggestions how to fix that? Also, when using a universal remote, is there a way to go to the home screen so that I can access apps like Netflix without having to go to the tuner? Finally, I can't go from the tv's home page to an input like hdmi without having to use multiple steps. Anyone been through this same issue and how did you resolve it?
post #2797 of 3966 Old 02-09-2013, 06:56 AM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 420brady View Post

Tampa, it seems like getting the Amazon app and maintaining full functionality of the LG apps is a bit more involved which makes me glad I've never fooled with the engineer updates and is why I won't!, I'm worried ill mess up my tv! I do agree that VuDu is flawless, I only wish that Amazon would be available to the general masses!

Just to be clear, Engineer mode really has nothing to do with getting Amazon. Two different things. But anyone who is worried should not be making changes, I agree.
post #2798 of 3966 Old 02-09-2013, 07:06 AM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by skatze View Post

LG service just replaced the 47LM7600 system board on my tv. But, now when I go to the Home screen, I get static. I don't use the tv's internal tuner. So, all I want is a blank or blue screen when going to the tv's home page. Any suggestions how to fix that? Also, when using a universal remote, is there a way to go to the home screen so that I can access apps like Netflix without having to go to the tuner? Finally, I can't go from the tv's home page to an input like hdmi without having to use multiple steps. Anyone been through this same issue and how did you resolve it?

Why are you leaving it on the TV tuner if you don't use it? Simply leave the TV in whatever input you want so there is no "Static".
As for the Home screen, If you mean when you first turn on the TV, a Harmony remote can take you right to the Home screen. Otherwise I'm not sure what going to a tuner first means. If your universal remote does not have the Home button, you need one that does.
post #2799 of 3966 Old 02-09-2013, 08:26 AM
Advanced Member

I see I now have Red Box Instant added....
post #2800 of 3966 Old 02-09-2013, 10:19 AM

I had Amazon back for little while, but it is gone again for me. Redbox and Netflix both require updates so they won't open.
post #2801 of 3966 Old 02-09-2013, 12:48 PM
Advanced Member

Can't update them? Do you have Red Box or Red Box Instant.. Netflix said it needed to be updated, I did so with no problem, but I do not subscribe.
post #2802 of 3966 Old 02-09-2013, 01:07 PM

Again....can someone tell me what the Amazon application does?

Also " Initialisation of Premium" What does this do? Don't want to say "OK" only to find I've mucked things up
post #2803 of 3966 Old 02-09-2013, 02:01 PM

Quote:

Can't update them? Do you have Red Box or Red Box Instant.. Netflix said it needed to be updated, I did so with no problem, but I do not subscribe.

They won't update for me. Like I said earlier, I am on a 6200 series though. This has always been the go to thread for me though because the firmware releases, etc. typically go hand in hand.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mayjer View Post

Again....can someone tell me what the Amazon application does?

Also " Initialisation of Premium" What does this do? Don't want to say "OK" only to find I've mucked things up

It basically resets the premium section of the apps. Nothing bad, but if you aren't having any problems then I wouldn't mess with it. The amazon application is for prime streaming videos.
post #2804 of 3966 Old 02-09-2013, 04:38 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by peezysc View Post

They won't update for me. Like I said earlier, I am on a 6200 series though. This has always been the go to thread for me though because the firmware releases, etc. typically go hand in hand.

Ya, would expect them to both be able to update if one can. What does it say or do when you try to update?
post #2805 of 3966 Old 02-09-2013, 07:05 PM

I'm looking to purchase a sound bar for my LM7600. Can anyone suggest a good one?

I have it mounted on a wall with a mount that telescopes out about 10 inches. Would the sound bar mount to the bottom of the TV frame?

Thanks

I'm tapping, but it still ain't talking!
post #2806 of 3966 Old 02-09-2013, 08:01 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 62 Post(s)
Liked: 79
How can you check the manufacturing date on a set while boxed?
post #2807 of 3966 Old 02-09-2013, 10:28 PM

Quote:

It basically resets the premium section of the apps. Nothing bad, but if you aren't having any problems then I wouldn't mess with it. The amazon application is for prime streaming videos.

So no real reason to get into the "Premium" option? ("resets the premium section"? )"

Not really sure what's meant by streaming videos.....like youtube or similar?
post #2808 of 3966 Old 02-10-2013, 06:21 AM
Advanced Member

Mayjer, Do you know what Netflix or Hulu is? That's what the Amazon app does, thousands of movies TV shows, a ton of them free if a prime member.
post #2809 of 3966 Old 02-10-2013, 07:02 AM

Quote:

Ya, would expect them to both be able to update if one can. What does it say or do when you try to update?

Hey tampa, It's just saying no update found at this time. I reverted back to the default premium apps, and everything is fine. Maybe since Amazon is no longer in QA and Redbox instant has moved up from QA2, we might see an official release soon. Either way, I've still got Amazon on about 3 different devices that connect to the TV, but I guess I just like tinkering with things. biggrin.gif
post #2810 of 3966 Old 02-10-2013, 11:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr.Shankenstein View Post

How can you check the manufacturing date on a set while boxed?
check the first 3 numbers of serial.... 210= october, 211= november, 212= december...etc.
post #2811 of 3966 Old 02-10-2013, 02:55 PM

Liked: 14
Quote:
Originally Posted by neocvera View Post

I can verify that lcds exist with auto detect for inputs. Mine was a 37" Westinghouse from many years past.

Wish more newer sets would have this feature along with custom labels for inputs.

Monoprice has auto detect/switching hdmi switchs, with varying # of ports.

Not much $ either.
post #2812 of 3966 Old 02-10-2013, 03:10 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 62 Post(s)
Liked: 79
Quote:
Originally Posted by rer420 View Post

check the first 3 numbers of serial.... 210= october, 211= november, 212= december...etc.

Do the later manufacturing dates have better quality control? I was curious if the flashlighting in the later models had been remedied?
post #2813 of 3966 Old 02-10-2013, 03:54 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:

I guess I just like tinkering with things. biggrin.gif

I agree!
post #2814 of 3966 Old 02-10-2013, 04:08 PM

Quote:

I see I now have Red Box Instant added....
How do I install redbox instant in my 7600 TV?
post #2815 of 3966 Old 02-10-2013, 04:25 PM

Quote:

Mayjer, Do you know what Netflix or Hulu is? That's what the Amazon app does, thousands of movies TV shows, a ton of them free if a prime member.
. ( Never heard of this Hulu )
Ah...so how does one become a prime member....does it cost?
I dont see this amazon application anyway
post #2816 of 3966 Old 02-10-2013, 04:54 PM

Liked: 14
I have my new 7600 setup with a combination of the cnet settings and my own tweaks with the disney WOW dvd. Everything looks REALLY nice, better than the Samsung 6900 I just returned. But theres one thing....the blacks are too washed out, not as defined as they should be. When someone has a black shirt the details get lost. Any tricks to address this?

Love this TV so far.
post #2817 of 3966 Old 02-10-2013, 05:28 PM
Advanced Member

You set up your TV exactly as I did.

If you don't already, turn on local dimming to low. That helps some and in my opinion makes the overall picture better including light at the edges. I never recommend anything higher than low. If WOW had you make the brightness more than what the CNET settings are, try go back to the CNET settings for brightness. I would say Samsung does have better blacks overall, but the 7600 isn't far behind.
I'm actually surprised you find blacks washed out using the CNET settings, or in combo with WOW unless you turned up brightness alot.
post #2818 of 3966 Old 02-11-2013, 12:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kevreh View Post

But theres one thing....the blacks are too washed out, not as defined as they should be. When someone has a black shirt the details get lost. Any tricks to address this?

Local Dimming on HIGH made my blacks much better.
post #2819 of 3966 Old 02-11-2013, 01:05 AM

Quote:

Amazon Prime is this kind of ridiculous scheme from Amazon to get people to pay $80 a year for free shipping even though you can get free shipping on the same items for any order over $25 and you still get charged shipping for items that aren't part of the free shipping category. People realized this was idiotic, so they tossed in a very limited number of free movies and tv shows for streaming. Many titles you still have to pay to rent. The only good thing about their streaming is that they put tv shows up much earlier than Netflix which is usually an entire season behind and is often missing random episodes.

Hulu is another tv and video streaming site. Hulu + is their paid service. Both are full of seemingly endless and repeated commercials. Many titles available on the free service are not available on the paid service which is bizarre and the paid service the only way you can access it from Apple mobile devices and various set top boxes and smart tvs. Like Amazon Prime, their tv shows are available much more quickly than they are on Netflix, but you have to watch all those commercials. Their best feature is that the paid service has nearly the entire Criterion Collection available for streaming without commercial interruption so, if you're a film buff, they'd probably be a more fulfilling subscription option than Netflix or Amazon Prime would be for you.

Mubi is another pay movie streaming service with a lot of foreign and independent films. And, of course, you can always overpay iTunes for rentals or purchases. The RedBox streaming app currently has a really, really limited selection of mostly straight to dvd/streaming titles that only a masochist would pay to watch but, hopefully, they'll be able to get some better content before the service goes wide. Crackle also has a small selection of popular but generally older movies and tv shows and they are free with commercials. The Internet Archive has a very interesting collection of old public domain movies, music, radio shows, etc. all for free. SnagFilms has a bunch of documentaries for free. If your primary is interest is current tv shows, a good and growing percentage of channels allow you stream the most recent few episodes for free on their sites generally with commercials but some without; PBS, ABC, NBC and TNT are among the channels that allow streaming without a subscription. And there are many, many other streaming sites of varying legality including YouTube which is now offering legal movie rentals mixed in with some of the less than legal uploads of films people make to the site.
post #2820 of 3966 Old 02-11-2013, 07:11 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by StCelery View Post

Quote:

Amazon Prime is this kind of ridiculous scheme from Amazon to get people to pay $80 a year for free shipping even though you can get free shipping on the same items for any order over $25 and you still get charged shipping for items that aren't part of the free shipping category. People realized this was idiotic,

You need to discuss something that you actually know something about.

Let's just list this out. Before the advent of their video:
  1. No the people didn't realize this was idiotic, because it wasn't. It's a technique used in the past by membership style stores, where it invokes the psychology of "now that I've paid for membership, why go anywhere else?"
  2. And from the individual's perspective, it's not a ridiculous scheme either----in fact (long before the video angle) it was such a runaway hit that I heard for weeks on the radio how other sites felt they had no choice but to emulate it.
  3. And further, it's not "free shipping", it's "free two-day shipping".
  4. Further it ALSO gives you an overnight shipping fee of $3.99.
  5. And (this is huge) it relieves you of having to wait and accumulate the $25 for free shipping. That dramatically increases the ease and decision making on my part: I don't have to worry about buying something and then buying something else just to not get hit with shipping cost. Just buy it and >poof< and two days later it shows up.

All this for the "prime eligible" products, of which there are such a plethora that I routinely just shop ONLY for those. Super inexpensive items have recently been dubbed as "addon items" because they are less than the shipping cost, but you can also ask your search to exclude these items if you want, and I've often found them anyway with free shipping without prime.
tampa8 likes this.

Reply LCD Flat Panel Displays

Tags
Lg Cinema Screen 55lm7600 55 Inch Cinema 3d 1080p 240 Hz Led Lcd Hdtv , Led Hdtv , Displays , Onkyo Tx Nr609 7 2 Channel Network Thx Certified A V Receiver , Lg Nb3520a Sound Bar Audio System With Wireless Subwoofer Bluetooth Streaming , Samsung Un55d7000 55 Inch 1080p 240 Hz 3d Led Hdtv Silver
Gear in this thread

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page