LED suggestions on a budget - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 2 Old 03-15-2012, 06:15 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Hello all! Can anyone recommended the best LED TV for my money? I've done a little research and from what I've seen, the regular edge LED is almost not worth it because of color and uniform light issues, dynamic edge LED is a lot better, and full array LED is great but more than likely way out of my price range.

I'm looking for:
-$800 or under (But I would be willing to hold off for a bit to save up a little more)
-40"-46"
-Watch a lot of TV and movies (no sports though) and I play a lot of games, mostly online shooters
-I don't care at all about 3D
-I don't care at all for extra features (internet, apps, etc...),

I basically just want a good PQ and a bigger size to upgrade from my old 2008ish Sony LCD 32" (don't know the exact model and I'm not at home yet to check).

Another note is that I have access to Sony discounts so anything by Sony would be an automatic discount, but I'm not against getting a different brand if it meets my requirements better.

Thanks for any help and advice!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 Old 03-15-2012, 07:24 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Check out the new Samsung EH5000 and EH6000 series. They've both recently been reviewed in some detail on TelevisionInfo.com, and the reviewer actually prefers the picture quality of the EH5000 to the more expensive EH6000 (note that they're in the process of changing their scoring scale, and the overall score currently shown for the EH5000 does not mesh with the other scores on the site, including the one for the EH6000):

http://www.televisioninfo.com/conten...DTV-Review.htm (EH5000 review)

http://www.televisioninfo.com/conten...DTV-Review.htm (EH6000 review)

I currently have one of each in the 40" size (will soon be returning one of them), and am fairly pleased with the picture and audio quality. Not the best TVs in the world, but for the price, really hard to beat.
Reply LCD Flat Panel Displays

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page