Official Sony KDL-46HX750 & KDL-55HX750 Owners Thread - Page 13 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #361 of 1887 Old 10-19-2012, 12:18 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 11
FYI: I'm getting my new panel on monday. Hopefully it'll be an improvement. smile.gif
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #362 of 1887 Old 10-19-2012, 01:04 PM

Liked: 18
Quote:
Originally Posted by clancy688 View Post

FYI: I'm getting my new panel on monday. Hopefully it'll be an improvement. smile.gif

w00t!
post #363 of 1887 Old 10-19-2012, 04:28 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 56 Post(s)
Liked: 211
Quote:

Cool Clancy. I'll have my fingers crossed for ya.
post #364 of 1887 Old 10-19-2012, 05:15 PM

Liked: 10
I sure will Steve...got it running....been struglin with programing the remote...my old 880 the volume up and down is feeble at best...went to BB and bought the Harmony touch...it wont control the DN box good enough , will have to try the cadilac model....
in reguards to the BDPS590...anyone know if there is a way to indicate a large cap letter in the MSN number...I have some of them...cant get wireless up and running...mad.gif....the Sony player does have a very sharp pic...for sure.
post #365 of 1887 Old 10-20-2012, 10:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beckler View Post

Just got my new 55HX750. I can't seem to connect to a wireless network. On my laptop, put right next to TV, I can see and connect to my network with 4 or 5 bars in windows7 (nearly full signal strength) as well as about 10 neighbor's networks. Occasionally just one shows up on the TV after the scan (always the same one), but never mine.
So I'm thinking it must be a router setting? Or is there a setting on the TV that I'm missing? I've tried the Auto setup (in Network Setup menu) and Custom where I manually enter SSID/password; neither works. It just says 'available router not found'. Any ideas? Sony Live chat didn't really help, nor does the "manual" really. Thanks.

Well to update this, it appears to just be a signal strength issue. When I moved the TV about 15 feet temporarily, it gets 5 bars (full) and seems to connect fine to internet services. (TV upstairs, router downstairs). It makes no sense though that a netbook can get almost full strength at the original location but the TV can't even connect? This tells me they must be using inferior hardware and that disappoints me. Anwyay I have to figure out the wired connection or try to move the router (can't really because it's fiber optic to ISP).
post #366 of 1887 Old 10-20-2012, 12:12 PM

Quote:

Well to update this, it appears to just be a signal strength issue. When I moved the TV about 15 feet temporarily, it gets 5 bars (full) and seems to connect fine to internet services. (TV upstairs, router downstairs). It makes no sense though that a netbook can get almost full strength at the original location but the TV can't even connect? This tells me they must be using inferior hardware and that disappoints me. Anwyay I have to figure out the wired connection or try to move the router (can't really because it's fiber optic to ISP).

I tried connecting through applications as the book says...it found my wireless network, it said to type in a pin number that it created...i found a place on my win/7 wireless connection to put in the pin...and even after that..it said could not connect....fustrating....there is no instructions on this that I can find. confused.gif
post #367 of 1887 Old 10-20-2012, 01:02 PM

I think I found the answer.......http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zt9iPGJFiRs apparently I need a usb dongle eek.gif

Steve
post #368 of 1887 Old 10-20-2012, 01:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Starhound View Post

I think I found the answer.......http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zt9iPGJFiRs apparently I need a usb dongle eek.gif
Steve

http://www.staples.com/Linksys-AE1200-Wireless-N-USB-Adapter/product_425008?cid=PS:GooglePLAs:425008&KPID=425008
post #369 of 1887 Old 10-20-2012, 02:32 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

Hey Steve,

I wouldnt go as far as to say they (Sony) must be useing inferior hardware when you cant hook up to the internet with your tv. My router is also downstairs in our basement and my tv had no troubles getting the link and hooking up with it. So far I have had no issues while useing my tv's internet features so all I can say is it has to be something with your router signal or its the company your getting your internet through. We use Comcast and we have 2 laptops, My Sony Blu Ray player and tv plus one other electronic and they all use wireless internet and no problems at all. I dont blame you for being upset cause I would be to but I think its something else thats got to be wrong and not your tv. I think it comes down to either the router or your internet provider.
post #370 of 1887 Old 10-21-2012, 12:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by steve1971 View Post

Hey Steve,
I wouldnt go as far as to say they (Sony) must be useing inferior hardware when you cant hook up to the internet with your tv. My router is also downstairs in our basement and my tv had no troubles getting the link and hooking up with it. So far I have had no issues while useing my tv's internet features so all I can say is it has to be something with your router signal or its the company your getting your internet through. We use Comcast and we have 2 laptops, My Sony Blu Ray player and tv plus one other electronic and they all use wireless internet and no problems at all. I dont blame you for being upset cause I would be to but I think its something else thats got to be wrong and not your tv. I think it comes down to either the router or your internet provider.

Hi Steve ,
I think its more of a "Me" thing....I am not too geeky dude...lol biggrin.gif....my wireless on my win/7 computer shows Sony Baravia...and the signal on the tube has all the bars...its not connecting...so its probably because I dont fully understand how syncing wireless works....perhaps , maybe we could talk on the phone , I am thinking you could talk me through it. I am running over to Walmart (which I hate) to pick up sumthing...I can hit ya with a pm if its ok.....back in a bit
post #371 of 1887 Old 10-21-2012, 02:11 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

Hi Steve ,
I think its more of a "Me" thing....I am not too geeky dude...lol biggrin.gif....my wireless on my win/7 computer shows Sony Baravia...and the signal on the tube has all the bars...its not connecting...so its probably because I dont fully understand how syncing wireless works....perhaps , maybe we could talk on the phone , I am thinking you could talk me through it. I am running over to Walmart (which I hate) to pick up sumthing...I can hit ya with a pm if its ok.....back in a bit

Hey Steve........send me a pm and I will see if I can walk you through the process..........that being said......has anyone tried out their tv's built in speakers? My wife and I are replacing my AV Reciever which as decided to break down and I have to live with my built in tv speakers for a bit. I tried them out today just to see what I will be expecting and believe it or not they aint to bad. I have it set to custom so I will be ready for tomorrow when the AVR will be tossed out. Now granted it aint the full surround sound that I want but for the time being I can live with my tv's built in speakers........not too long......but I can live with them. They are better then my V5100's were thats for sure and custom gives you a chance to tweak the tv's speakers for a temporary listenable sound that I can enjoy for the time being.
post #372 of 1887 Old 10-21-2012, 03:06 PM

Quote:

Hey Steve........send me a pm and I will see if I can walk you through the process..........that being said......has anyone tried out their tv's built in speakers? My wife and I are replacing my AV Reciever which as decided to break down and I have to live with my built in tv speakers for a bit. I tried them out today just to see what I will be expecting and believe it or not they aint to bad. I have it set to custom so I will be ready for tomorrow when the AVR will be tossed out. Now granted it aint the full surround sound that I want but for the time being I can live with my tv's built in speakers........not too long......but I can live with them. They are better then my V5100's were thats for sure and custom gives you a chance to tweak the tv's speakers for a temporary listenable sound that I can enjoy for the time being.

Ok I will...I probably cant try anything until after the ballgame...my wifey would shoot me...we are from the St Louis area....
post #373 of 1887 Old 10-21-2012, 03:09 PM

Quote:

Ok I will...I probably cant try anything until after the ballgame...my wifey would shoot me...we are from the St Louis area....

Pm sent. smile.gif
post #374 of 1887 Old 10-22-2012, 05:18 AM

Liked: 11
So... got that new panel. There are improvements, but they are small ones.

Flashlighting/Clouding decreased. It's still there, but not as visible as before. Interestingly it's exactly where I expected it to be. I told both technicians to screw with less force. One did, the other apparently didn't care. On his side, there's a little clouding... but as I said, not very visible. I'm watching BSG right now, and I don't see it.

Banding decreased as well. There's still banding all over the panel, but at least it's not as pronounced as before.

And the small white spot is still exactly at the same place. But also smaller than before. I think this may be a manufactoring defect of all those panels (the technician told me both are Sharp panels).

So all in all an improvement, but not the improvement I hoped for. Will continue to monitor the situation (of course I will, that's what I bought the TV for, to monitor it...).
post #375 of 1887 Old 10-22-2012, 07:29 AM

Quote:

Hey Steve,

Well I don't doubt that my Actiontec router could be junk--I don't know. I'm just saying there is a lot of variation when it comes to wifi hardware in general--some of it works better. At least two different laptops connect perfectly fine with the router in the basement, including my netbook held right next to the TV, as I stated. The TV however can't even find enough signal to connect at all! The conclusion is obvious. Unless just by chance these laptops happened to be matched well the the router antenna. That just doesn't make any sense though...
post #376 of 1887 Old 10-22-2012, 08:34 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

So... got that new panel. There are improvements, but they are small ones.
Flashlighting/Clouding decreased. It's still there, but not as visible as before. Interestingly it's exactly where I expected it to be. I told both technicians to screw with less force. One did, the other apparently didn't care. On his side, there's a little clouding... but as I said, not very visible. I'm watching BSG right now, and I don't see it.
Banding decreased as well. There's still banding all over the panel, but at least it's not as pronounced as before.
And the small white spot is still exactly at the same place. But also smaller than before. I think this may be a manufactoring defect of all those panels (the technician told me both are Sharp panels).
So all in all an improvement, but not the improvement I hoped for. Will continue to monitor the situation (of course I will, that's what I bought the TV for, to monitor it...).

That sucks dude but at the very least its not as bad as before. Thank god I havent had the issues your experiencing. Guess I got lucky. But if the Panels are from Sharp, which Sony no longer uses their Panels, then that may explain some things.

Quote:

Well I don't doubt that my Actiontec router could be junk--I don't know. I'm just saying there is a lot of variation when it comes to wifi hardware in general--some of it works better. At least two different laptops connect perfectly fine with the router in the basement, including my netbook held right next to the TV, as I stated. The TV however can't even find enough signal to connect at all! The conclusion is obvious. Unless just by chance these laptops happened to be matched well the the router antenna. That just doesn't make any sense though...

I didnt say your router was junk but its just strange that your router is in the basement such as mine is and your having issues and I am not.....and all our electronics that use WiFi are upstairs. Dont know what to tell you.
post #377 of 1887 Old 10-22-2012, 10:58 AM

I'm interested in general thoughts on the 55HX750. I'm not a hardcore tv guy at all. I watch mainly sports and the kids watch movies. So basic stuff. No game play really. Just general usage.

I read the CNet review and am now hesitant. Best Buy has dropped the price to $1499 and is including a Sony Soundbar.

My living room is pretty bright. I currently have a 3 year old Panasonic plasma in there which I content with a good deal of glare in the day time. I'd like to eliminate that.

I also do not understand the 120 HZ vs 240 HZ either. I'm assuming 240 is always better, but will I notice a difference watching football on the plasma vs 120/240 HZ?

I've always been a fan of Sony. We have a 10 year old Sony Grand Wega downstairs which I'm looking to retire. The bulb is due to go out again. I love the audio on that thing too but realize the thin TVs aren't as capable of great audio output now.

Bestbuy is offering a Samsung 6900 at a good deal as well.

Any input would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.
post #378 of 1887 Old 10-22-2012, 04:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lynchy22 View Post

I'm interested in general thoughts on the 55HX750. I'm not a hardcore tv guy at all. I watch mainly sports and the kids watch movies. So basic stuff. No game play really. Just general usage.
I read the CNet review and am now hesitant. Best Buy has dropped the price to $1499 and is including a Sony Soundbar.
My living room is pretty bright. I currently have a 3 year old Panasonic plasma in there which I content with a good deal of glare in the day time. I'd like to eliminate that.
I also do not understand the 120 HZ vs 240 HZ either. I'm assuming 240 is always better, but will I notice a difference watching football on the plasma vs 120/240 HZ?
I've always been a fan of Sony. We have a 10 year old Sony Grand Wega downstairs which I'm looking to retire. The bulb is due to go out again. I love the audio on that thing too but realize the thin TVs aren't as capable of great audio output now.

I have the samsung 6900 right now got it last week for 1300 50 inch on sale, and its nice but not worth the price, I am now returning it for ether a 7100 or hx850 model. Also if u can spare the the extra 500 you should look at the hx850 its way way better than the 750, and 6900.
post #379 of 1887 Old 10-22-2012, 05:07 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lynchy22 View Post

I have the 46inch HX750 and all I can say is I love it and I am sure you would love the 55inch HX750. PQ and blacks levels are excellent and watching sports on it is out of this world! mdsniper7 said the HX850 is way better but I beg to differ. There isnt much difference between the 2 tv's and if you ask me the HX750 is on par with the 850. As for Cnets review? If it aint a Plasma and its a Sony they rarely have anything positive to say. I lost faith in their reviews a long time ago so I wouldnt trust their reviews all that often. They have an axe to grind with Sony and I have no clue as to what that is but their review of the 46HX750 is a bunch of B.S if you ask me.
post #380 of 1887 Old 10-22-2012, 05:37 PM
Advanced Member

Liked: 38
Quote:

I have the 46inch HX750 and all I can say is I love it and I am sure you would love the 55inch HX750. PQ and blacks levels are excellent and watching sports on it is out of this world! mdsniper7 said the HX850 is way better but I beg to differ. There isnt much difference between the 2 tv's and if you ask me the HX750 is on par with the 850. As for Cnets review? If it aint a Plasma and its a Sony they rarely have anything positive to say. I lost faith in their reviews a long time ago so I wouldnt trust their reviews all that often. They have an axe to grind with Sony and I have no clue as to what that is but their review of the 46HX750 is a bunch of B.S if you ask me.

The HX850 has superior dimming to the HX750, they may both be Dynamic Edge Led, but the HX750 has something called frame dimming meaning it dims the entire screen on dark scenes to create deep blacks and save energy. The HX850 has zones it can dim to keep bright areas bright and dark areas dark. Basically far more precise control of the backlight and dimming.

Not trying to make waves, just stating what i know.

Aaron
post #381 of 1887 Old 10-23-2012, 05:50 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by HaRd2BeAr View Post

The HX850 has superior dimming to the HX750, they may both be Dynamic Edge Led, but the HX750 has something called frame dimming meaning it dims the entire screen on dark scenes to create deep blacks and save energy. The HX850 has zones it can dim to keep bright areas bright and dark areas dark. Basically far more precise control of the backlight and dimming.
Not trying to make waves, just stating what i know.
Aaron

Hey Aaron I know your not trying to make waves but from what I understand Sony was trying to say the HX850 was local dimming and that is not the case and they even corrected themselves on that because local dimming applies only to full array LED to which the HX850 is not. I have the chart in front of me and here's the differences....the only differences between the two tv's:

Motion Clarity: HX850- MotionFlow XR960 HX750- MotionFlow XR480

Glare Reduction: HX850- OptiContrast Panel HX750- Matte Screen Finish Means Less Glare..

Picture Engine: HX850- X Reality Pro HX750- X Reality

Gorilla Glass: HX850-Yes HX750- No

Otherwise both have Dynamic Edge LED Backlight and have nearly identicle features. The big reason why I went with the HX750 was due to the HX850's Gorilla Glass. I have a bright room and the glare would have been distracting plus I saw both tv's sitting side by side at my local BB and at Sears and as far as PQ I noticed no difference between the 2........and I mean none and I feel I am a pretty good judge of tv's, and thats not saying anyone else isnt is but I go with what looks good to me. But what frusterates me is alot of people think the HX850 is local dimming and that just isnt true but thats Sonys fault because they shouldnt have initally made that comment but once they corrected that error it was to late. Also what makes me mad is on some sites reviews claim the HX750 has mid level black levels and I wonder just what kind of settings they have the tv at because the black levels on mine are so black that while watching movies at night when a scene switches to black the room goes totally black and the shadow details are excellent. That being said the HX850 is a great tv...an excellent tv....but it is my belief that the HX750 is right on par with it when it comes to black levels and PQ and in the end thats all that matters to me. Now if you want the extras that I pointed out above then the person should by all means go for it but I feel your only paying more for features that dont make a whole lot of difference in the long run. Both are excellent tv's from Sony and really you cant go wrong with either one.
post #382 of 1887 Old 10-23-2012, 07:44 AM
Advanced Member

Quote:

Hey Aaron I know your not trying to make waves but from what I understand Sony was trying to say the HX850 was local dimming and that is not the case and they even corrected themselves on that because local dimming applies only to full array LED to which the HX850 is not. I have the chart in front of me and here's the differences....the only differences between the two tv's:
Motion Clarity: HX850- MotionFlow XR960 HX750- MotionFlow XR480
Glare Reduction: HX850- OptiContrast Panel HX750- Matte Screen Finish Means Less Glare..
Picture Engine: HX850- X Reality Pro HX750- X Reality
Gorilla Glass: HX850-Yes HX750- No
Otherwise both have Dynamic Edge LED Backlight and have nearly identicle features. The big reason why I went with the HX750 was due to the HX850's Gorilla Glass. I have a bright room and the glare would have been distracting plus I saw both tv's sitting side by side at my local BB and at Sears and as far as PQ I noticed no difference between the 2........and I mean none and I feel I am a pretty good judge of tv's, and thats not saying anyone else isnt is but I go with what looks good to me. But what frusterates me is alot of people think the HX850 is local dimming and that just isnt true but thats Sonys fault because they shouldnt have initally made that comment but once they corrected that error it was to late. Also what makes me mad is on some sites reviews claim the HX750 has mid level black levels and I wonder just what kind of settings they have the tv at because the black levels on mine are so black that while watching movies at night when a scene switches to black the room goes totally black and the shadow details are excellent. That being said the HX850 is a great tv...an excellent tv....but it is my belief that the HX750 is right on par with it when it comes to black levels and PQ and in the end thats all that matters to me. Now if you want the extras that I pointed out above then the person should by all means go for it but I feel your only paying more for features that dont make a whole lot of difference in the long run. Both are excellent tv's from Sony and really you cant go wrong with either one.

Hi Steve, this is from the UK Sony site. Note - Dynamic Edge LED with local dimming for the HX85 and Dynamic Edge LED with Frame dimming for the HX75.

http://www.sony.co.uk/hub/lcd-television/benefits/tv-picture-quality/article/led-backlighting

http://www.sony.co.uk/product/tv-139-55-lcd/kdl-55hx853/features#tab

http://www.sony.co.uk/product/tv-139-55-lcd/kdl-55hx753/features#tab

The HX85 has 8 zones horizontally placed which believe me, does make a difference. It does have some haloing but imo it is a close match for the HX929.

http://www.avforums.com/reviews/Sony-Bravia-HX853-KDL-55HX853-46HX853-40HX853-3D-LED-LCD-TV-Review_306/Review.html

Quote from HX85 review -
Quote:
Sony have simplified their local dimming techniques this year and it’s certainly better than last year’s mediocre attempts. The 55KDL-HX853 utilises 8 dimming zones running horizontally across the panel. On the face of it that doesn’t sound very many but as the dimming works from both left and right sides, you can effectively double that number.[/QUOTE

Quote from HX75 review -
Quote:
Whilst the 55HX753 shares a lot of the same qualities of the 853 we looked at, it’s not quite a facsimile and the less rapid backlight modulation of the model reviewed here results in a more typical LED/LCD TV type picture, which makes the 753 appear a little more digital than the more expensive model.

Avforums is a very respected enthusiast site in the UK and they hold nothing back ie if something looks bad they say it, they also are in touch with various companies feeding back issues etc.

Aaron
post #383 of 1887 Old 10-23-2012, 07:59 AM
AVS Special Member

Well Aaron I guess it comes down to this and thats buy what you want but with what I see on my tv PQ wise and black level wise it equals the HX850 and I am glad that I bought the HX750. I dont really care either way because Sony made some excellent HDTV's for 2012 and they are the HX850 and HX750 and with that Sony is back in the game and in a big way. Now if only they can keep it up. We shall see but if their 4K HDTV is any indication of what the future holds? Watch out Samsung, Panasonic ect!
HaRd2BeAr likes this.
post #384 of 1887 Old 10-23-2012, 08:07 AM
Advanced Member

Quote:

Well Aaron I guess it comes down to this and thats buy what you want but with what I see on my tv PQ wise and black level wise it equals the HX850 and I am glad that I bought the HX750. I dont really care either way because Sony made some excellent HDTV's for 2012 and they are the HX850 and HX750 and with that Sony is back in the game and in a big way. Now if only they can keep it up. We shall see but if their 4K HDTV is any indication of what the future holds? Watch out Samsung, Panasonic ect!

Very true Steve, Sony have stepped up imo although it took me a few attempts to get a good set.eek.gifsmile.gif
post #385 of 1887 Old 10-24-2012, 10:37 AM

Quote:

Hey Steve,

I have to attest to the shoddy internet features on the HX750 as well. I have 3 other Sony branded product in my house, among many other wireless enabled devices. Nothing else suffers from one bit of internet connectivity issues outside of my TV. 5 out of 10 attempts to access Internet Apps fail. I will immediately go to connect to them via my Sony Bluray player located directly under the TV and have zero issues connecting or playing back any of the Apps. Even more unfortunate, this is my second HX750 suffering like this.
post #386 of 1887 Old 10-24-2012, 11:11 AM

Liked: 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by gatorboi352 View Post

I have to attest to the shoddy internet features on the HX750 as well. I have 3 other Sony branded product in my house, among many other wireless enabled devices. Nothing else suffers from one bit of internet connectivity issues outside of my TV. 5 out of 10 attempts to access Internet Apps fail. I will immediately go to connect to them via my Sony Bluray player located directly under the TV and have zero issues connecting or playing back any of the Apps. Even more unfortunate, this is my second HX750 suffering like this.

Are the issues you are having purely when connected via wireless? I am considering this set and will have it connected via ethernet and was curious if there are issues with that as well.
post #387 of 1887 Old 10-24-2012, 11:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by shinerburke View Post

Are the issues you are having purely when connected via wireless? I am considering this set and will have it connected via ethernet and was curious if there are issues with that as well.

Yes I am speaking specifically toward wireless connectivity. Have never attempted a wired set up with this unit.
post #388 of 1887 Old 10-24-2012, 11:50 AM

Liked: 15
Quote:
Originally Posted by gatorboi352 View Post

never had an issue with the apps failing how far away is the tv from router
post #389 of 1887 Old 10-24-2012, 12:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by smooth tha boss View Post

15 feet and one interior wall. My Sony BluRay player is the same distance and hasn't hiccuped once.
post #390 of 1887 Old 10-24-2012, 03:57 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by smooth tha boss View Post

I am with you on this. The apps on my tv have yet to fail and neither does my Sony Blu ray players apps fail and they are both set to wireless. I am stumped as to why other are having this problem and not me. Guess I am just lucky. Oh and our router is down in our basement and again no problems.
Reply LCD Flat Panel Displays

Tags
Lcd Hdtv , Sony Kdl46hx750 46 3d Led Hdtv , Sony Bravia Kdl46hx750 46 Inch 240 Hz 1080p 3d Led Internet Tv , Sony Bravia Kdl55hx750 55 Inch 240hz 1080p 3d Led Internet Tv , Sony Kdl46hx750 46 Inch Led 3d Wifi Xr480 Internet Tv , Sony Kdl46hx750 46 Inch 3d Wifi Xr 480hz Led Hdtv With Bdps590 3d Blu Ray , Sony Kdl55hx750 55 Inch 3d Wifi Xr 480hz Led Hdtv Bdps590 3d Wifi Blu Ray

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page