Official Sony KDL-46HX750 & KDL-55HX750 Owners Thread - Page 16 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #451 of 1887 Old 11-05-2012, 11:08 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 16
according to walmart.com the return policy is 90 days.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #452 of 1887 Old 11-05-2012, 10:13 PM

Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by baboyizm View Post

I tried the HT Mag and a mix of steves settings in the thread and it makes a big difference. Both settings are pretty much the same, except for a few of them. I did change it to Warm 1 though. The soap opera effect is gone from standard, but sometimes I do like it. NBA games look a lot better from my Dish receiver. Bluray from PS3 has improved as well. The default Vivid settings made The Dark Knight look pretty bad. Standard was a little better. The new settings are the best. I still haven't tried any PS3 games or 3D yet. The only issue I'm having is it looks a little grainy and not as sharp. I'm having this issue with any setting or mode. It could be coming from my source material. Hopefully its not a bad set.

grainy?!
post #453 of 1887 Old 11-06-2012, 08:53 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 112 Post(s)
Liked: 246
Quote:

I tried the HT Mag and a mix of steves settings in the thread and it makes a big difference. Both settings are pretty much the same, except for a few of them. I did change it to Warm 1 though. The soap opera effect is gone from standard, but sometimes I do like it. NBA games look a lot better from my Dish receiver. Bluray from PS3 has improved as well. The default Vivid settings made The Dark Knight look pretty bad. Standard was a little better. The new settings are the best. I still haven't tried any PS3 games or 3D yet. The only issue I'm having is it looks a little grainy and not as sharp. I'm having this issue with any setting or mode. It could be coming from my source material. Hopefully its not a bad set.

Grain has nothing to do with the set. More then likely its the source. When it comes to veiwing 3D try the settings you are useing in 2D. I find they work very very well on mine.
post #454 of 1887 Old 11-06-2012, 09:12 AM

Liked: 11
What does everyone have for their "Preferences" settings? The setting for ECO and Ambient light?? Does the set have a sensor on the front of it that actually detects ambient light? If so what do you have for the setting? I discovered this in the i-manual for Picture settings. Which they would have provided a hard copy of the "manual" for this set in the box.

Also I utilized the PC Audio out this weekend and hooked it up to my old JVC EX-D1. It's shows to use this audio out option in the i-manual. I was trying the RCA outs on the other TV inputs and was unable to get any sound to my AVR... until I tried a 3.5mm plug to RCA connection. So I hooked that up to my Audio inputs and I set the receiver to MAX audio and I've never heard this little receiver get so loud before!!! I guess it must amp the single when turning up the volume on the TV. You have to keep the audio out setting set to Variable and you can control the volume level through the TV.

Now I'm contemplating getting an Optical to analog RCA adapter from monoprice to utilize the Optical out connection on the TV. Not sure if I'd gain any quality through using that optical connection even if it converted to RCA.
post #455 of 1887 Old 11-06-2012, 04:36 PM

Quoted: 10 Post(s)
Liked: 11
I'm having trouble with Netflix loading at 11 pm at night. Hard wired connection. Comcast internet: Speedtest show it 5 times faster than my ATT dsl (30,000mpbs). Anyone else having problems? Also, does this tv have Amazon prime?

Memphis Home Builder
post #456 of 1887 Old 11-06-2012, 05:57 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by boatbuilder42 View Post

What does everyone have for their "Preferences" settings? The setting for ECO and Ambient light?? Does the set have a sensor on the front of it that actually detects ambient light? If so what do you have for the setting? I discovered this in the i-manual for Picture settings. Which they would have provided a hard copy of the "manual" for this set in the box.
Also I utilized the PC Audio out this weekend and hooked it up to my old JVC EX-D1. It's shows to use this audio out option in the i-manual. I was trying the RCA outs on the other TV inputs and was unable to get any sound to my AVR... until I tried a 3.5mm plug to RCA connection. So I hooked that up to my Audio inputs and I set the receiver to MAX audio and I've never heard this little receiver get so loud before!!! I guess it must amp the single when turning up the volume on the TV. You have to keep the audio out setting set to Variable and you can control the volume level through the TV.
Now I'm contemplating getting an Optical to analog RCA adapter from monoprice to utilize the Optical out connection on the TV. Not sure if I'd gain any quality through using that optical connection even if it converted to RCA.

I have my ECO setting at low as well as my Ambient light sensor at low....I am a power saver! lol

Quote:
Originally Posted by rjhseven View Post

I'm having trouble with Netflix loading at 11 pm at night. Hard wired connection. Comcast internet: Speedtest show it 5 times faster than my ATT dsl (30,000mpbs). Anyone else having problems? Also, does this tv have Amazon prime?

No problems here with Netflix and yes the tv supports Amazon Prime.
rjhseven likes this.
post #457 of 1887 Old 11-07-2012, 04:55 PM

Is anyone running a Dish Network HD feed with HDMI? How is your picture on standard with the HX750? My picture doesn't seem right. I know some of the HD channels will look pretty bad and I'm not really concerned with SD. I tried new cables with a Vip722k and a 211K to see if it was the box. I used steves and the HD Theater settings. It helped a lot, but still seems a little off. Is the picture that bad with the standard settings and a HD sat feed. Blurays looks ok and PS3 games seem ok.
post #458 of 1887 Old 11-07-2012, 06:24 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

Is anyone running a Dish Network HD feed with HDMI? How is your picture on standard with the HX750? My picture doesn't seem right. I know some of the HD channels will look pretty bad and I'm not really concerned with SD. I tried new cables with a Vip722k and a 211K to see if it was the box. I used steves and the HD Theater settings. It helped a lot, but still seems a little off. Is the picture that bad with the standard settings and a HD sat feed. Blurays looks ok and PS3 games seem ok.

I use Custom Mode for my settings and it seems to be the mode suggested by HT Magazine and alot of other sites on the net. I have Directv HD and I use HDMI and the PQ to my eyes is excellent. Try the LCDtvbuyingguide.com settings because they calibrated the HX750 useing the excellent CalMan Spectracal Calibration tool and the PQ is excellent with regular Directv HD and Blu ray......not that the tv needs much calibration since its PQ is pretty much spot on right out of the box. If you cant find the settings PM me and I will send them to you.
post #459 of 1887 Old 11-12-2012, 10:59 AM

i just bought the hx750 and overall it i really like the tv. however, there is a pretty bad light leak along the bottom and left side. is this a common issue wit this model or should i take it back to best buy and get a new one?
post #460 of 1887 Old 11-12-2012, 05:13 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by perezident96 View Post

i just bought the hx750 and overall it i really like the tv. however, there is a pretty bad light leak along the bottom and left side. is this a common issue wit this model or should i take it back to best buy and get a new one?

No its not a common issue. If I were you take it back to BB and get a new one! Hopefully it gets resolved for you.
post #461 of 1887 Old 11-12-2012, 11:11 PM

It looks like my Dish Network feed is pretty bad. I hooked up some rabbit ears and the local channels came out really nice. The TV is really growing on me. I have started to notice some light bleed at the corners and some clouding. Its not noticeable in a lit room, but with a dark room and letter box bars you can see them. It is a lot better with light bleed/clouding than the Samsung I returned. Should I play LCD roulette and try to get a better one? My only problem is Best Buy doesn't have any in stock locally.
post #462 of 1887 Old 11-13-2012, 01:23 AM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 15
Quote:

It looks like my Dish Network feed is pretty bad. I hooked up some rabbit ears and the local channels came out really nice. The TV is really growing on me. I have started to notice some light bleed at the corners and some clouding. Its not noticeable in a lit room, but with a dark room and letter box bars you can see them. It is a lot better with light bleed/clouding than the Samsung I returned. Should I play LCD roulette and try to get a better one? My only problem is Best Buy doesn't have any in stock locally.
ota local hd channels are uncompressed video so it'll look better then your dish network
post #463 of 1887 Old 11-13-2012, 05:58 AM
AVS Special Member

****Update**** for you guys who dont know it yet my tv downloaded a new firmware this morning, its update PKG1.507AAA. The older one listed on 10/3/12 was firmware PKG1.504AAA. Dont know what improvements have been made to the tv as of yet but keep an eye out for it on your tv guys. I was really hopeing Sony added Vudu but I dont see it mad.gif But this firmware may fix the clouding or light bleed some have been experiencing on their tv's.
post #464 of 1887 Old 11-13-2012, 12:12 PM

Liked: 18
Quote:
Originally Posted by steve1971 View Post

****Update**** for you guys who dont know it yet my tv downloaded a new firmware this morning, its update PKG1.507AAA. The older one listed on 10/3/12 was firmware PKG1.504AAA. Dont know what improvements have been made to the tv as of yet but keep an eye out for it on your tv guys. I was really hopeing Sony added Vudu but I dont see it mad.gif But this firmware may fix the clouding or light bleed some have been experiencing on their tv's.

"But this firmware may fix the clouding or light bleed some have been experiencing on their tv's."

Unfortunately no software update is capable of fixing hardware based issues. Clouding and light bleeding are directly related to screen panels and the LED lighting behind the panel.

Also of note: every firmware update that has been put out for the HX750 since its inception has been to update the internet apps and the content in them (so far).
post #465 of 1887 Old 11-13-2012, 12:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gatorboi352 View Post

Unfortunately no software update is capable of fixing hardware based issues. Clouding and light bleeding are directly related to screen panels and the LED lighting behind the panel.

Posts in the 640 thread are claiming otherwise....
post #466 of 1887 Old 11-13-2012, 12:14 PM

Quote:

No its not a common issue. If I were you take it back to BB and get a new one! Hopefully it gets resolved for you.

I will argue that is it certainly more common than it should be, and that goes for ALL LED TVs, not just this model. The technology itself is just way to susceptible to clouding, bleeding, and flash lighting. And especially to banding, something that did not exist on older LCD based sets.
post #467 of 1887 Old 11-13-2012, 12:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lucidream View Post

Many many posts in the 640 thread are claiming otherwise....

Perhaps the cause behind their issues are software based, but I can't see how. I would argue that it is the claims of folks attempting to come to terms with or justify their expensive purchases more so than it actually fixing their problem.
HaRd2BeAr likes this.
post #468 of 1887 Old 11-13-2012, 12:18 PM

Quote:

Many many posts in the 640 thread are claiming otherwise....

Are you saying that they are claiming Sony has released a software update recently for the 640 that has removed their clouding and flash lighting issues?
post #469 of 1887 Old 11-13-2012, 01:09 PM
Advanced Member

Liked: 38
Quote:

Perhaps the cause behind their issues are software based, but I can't see how. I would argue that it is the claims of folks attempting to come to terms with or justify their expensive purchases more so than it actually fixing their problem.

100% agree with this, no way a software update can fix a hardware fault.

Aaron
post #470 of 1887 Old 11-13-2012, 01:18 PM
AVS Special Member

This is from my freind at Sony about the new firmware update that my tv did this morning:

Scott Fuentes:
Hi Steve, this update is what we call internally as an unlisted specification update. Often times Sony will release updates which only effect the internal workings of the TV. In these cases the actual details regarding the update will not be released because the customer will not see any effects of the changes. Sony usually only releases details about a release when it is a major change that the customer will see some effects from.
Thanks, Scott

So I guess that answers the question I had. Scotts a great guy.
post #471 of 1887 Old 11-13-2012, 01:20 PM

Quote:

This is from my freind at Sony about the new firmware update that my tv did this morning:
Scott Fuentes:
Hi Steve, this update is what we call internally as an unlisted specification update. Often times Sony will release updates which only effect the internal workings of the TV. In these cases the actual details regarding the update will not be released because the customer will not see any effects of the changes. Sony usually only releases details about a release when it is a major change that the customer will see some effects from.
Thanks, Scott
So I guess that answers the question I had. Scotts a great guy.

Interesting. The first update that didn't update the Internet Apps. I wonder if it will stop the abnormally loud pops and cracks my set makes whenever i switch to a different input.
post #472 of 1887 Old 11-13-2012, 01:23 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

I will argue that is it certainly more common than it should be, and that goes for ALL LED TVs, not just this model. The technology itself is just way to susceptible to clouding, bleeding, and flash lighting. And especially to banding, something that did not exist on older LCD based sets.

I beg to differ with you gator. Older LCD sets useing CCFL Backlighting had many of the same issues that LED sets have. This is just an issue that in some cases is unavoidable, ****** as it is for some people its just the way it is. Do we have to accept it? No.....we can return the set and hope the new one wont have an issue.
post #473 of 1887 Old 11-13-2012, 01:29 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

Interesting. The first update that didn't update the Internet Apps. I wonder if it will stop the abnormally loud pops and cracks my set makes whenever i switch to a different input.

Yea gator I aint to happy that this new update didnt include the Vudu Streaming App. Sony includes it on their Blu ray players but not their Tv's? Dont make any sense to me.
post #474 of 1887 Old 11-13-2012, 02:13 PM

Quote:

Are you saying that they are claiming Sony has released a software update recently for the 640 that has removed their clouding and flash lighting issues?

Yep.

"My EX640 has had two software/firmware updates from Sony since I bought it and now the slight clouding and flashlighting I had originally (which really were not bothersome) have now been virtually eliminated. How do they do that!!!??? Kudos to Sony for a great low-priced TV."

"Honestly. After a firmware update and breaking the TV in more I never notice the backlight issues anymore. Seems to have fixed itself somehow?"
post #475 of 1887 Old 11-14-2012, 07:07 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

Hopefully it will gator.

Quote:

Yep.
"My EX640 has had two software/firmware updates from Sony since I bought it and now the slight clouding and flashlighting I had originally (which really were not bothersome) have now been virtually eliminated. How do they do that!!!??? Kudos to Sony for a great low-priced TV."
"Honestly. After a firmware update and breaking the TV in more I never notice the backlight issues anymore. Seems to have fixed itself somehow?"

Honestly I have never heard of a firmware update that fixed clouding or flashlighting on a HDTV but I have heard that over time the issues will go away or fade as the set gets broken in.
post #476 of 1887 Old 11-14-2012, 07:52 AM

Quote:

Yep.

I'm sorry, but to suggest a software update was directly related to their clouding and/or flashlighting issues clearing up is flat out poppycock. Yes I just wrote poppycock.
post #477 of 1887 Old 11-14-2012, 07:54 AM

Quote:

Honestly I have never heard of a firmware update that fixed clouding or flashlighting on a HDTV but I have heard that over time the issues will go away or fade as the set gets broken in.

Agreed. Perhaps in both of their situations the firmware update happened to coincide with a coincidental and unrelated clearing up of their hardware issues. Lucky them!
post #478 of 1887 Old 11-14-2012, 10:43 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

I'm sorry, but to suggest a software update was directly related to their clouding and/or flashlighting issues clearing up is flat out poppycock. Yes I just wrote poppycock.

Poppycock? LOOOOL I havent heard that one in a long time gator. That being said the firmware my tv downloaded yesterday morning seems to have made the blacks on my tv more darker then they were before and the colors seem more cripser and I didnt even mess with my settings! This could all be because of my eye sight I dont know but its seems the new firmware update did make a differnence in making the blacks even deeper and the colors more eye popping.

Now say "poppycock" to that gator! LOL biggrin.gif
post #479 of 1887 Old 11-14-2012, 10:58 AM

Quote:

Poppycock? LOOOOL I havent heard that one in a long time gator. That being said the firmware my tv downloaded yesterday morning seems to have made the blacks on my tv more darker then they were before and the colors seem more cripser and I didnt even mess with my settings! This could all be because of my eye sight I dont know but its seems the new firmware update did make a differnence in making the blacks even deeper and the colors more eye popping.
Now say "poppycock" to that gator! LOL biggrin.gif

See, I feel like if the firmware did what you are claiming it did, that would be something Sony would want to relay to the end user. You said yourself that Sony told you "Often times Sony will release updates which only effect the internal workings of the TV. In these cases the actual details regarding the update will not be released because the customer will not see any effects of the changes." What you're stating pretty much contradicts Sony's statement quoted if indeed the firmware update did darken your blacks and crisp up the colors, which btw I can assure you is total poppycock malarkey. smile.gif
post #480 of 1887 Old 11-14-2012, 11:02 AM

Sounds great Steve. I'm gonna do the update tonight, and will comment. By the way, I figured out why I'm not getting the best blacks. My tv is ontop of a fireplace mantel, and I am viewing it from a low angle. I brought the tv down lower, and the blacks were much deeper at a level viewing angle. Unfortunately, it's back up there ontop of the fireplace, because I can't figure out a better permanent setup frown.gif
Reply LCD Flat Panel Displays

Tags
Lcd Hdtv , Sony Kdl46hx750 46 3d Led Hdtv , Sony Bravia Kdl46hx750 46 Inch 240 Hz 1080p 3d Led Internet Tv , Sony Bravia Kdl55hx750 55 Inch 240hz 1080p 3d Led Internet Tv , Sony Kdl46hx750 46 Inch Led 3d Wifi Xr480 Internet Tv , Sony Kdl46hx750 46 Inch 3d Wifi Xr 480hz Led Hdtv With Bdps590 3d Blu Ray , Sony Kdl55hx750 55 Inch 3d Wifi Xr 480hz Led Hdtv Bdps590 3d Wifi Blu Ray
Gear in this thread - Sony by PriceGrabber.com

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page