Official Sony KDL-46HX750 & KDL-55HX750 Owners Thread - Page 19 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #541 of 1887 Old 11-25-2012, 06:32 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Maybe, but it does help with the black levels on this tv! It doesn't miraculously make blacks perfect but certainly improves them, from my point of view anyway.

I've not owned this tv for long and coming from a Samsung le40a786 which was full array LED with local dimming, blacks are some what of a disappointment. Although, I must say that overall picture quality is much improved compared to the Samsung.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #542 of 1887 Old 11-25-2012, 08:43 AM

Just bought the 55" version, it'll be delivered on the 2nd. My last TV was a 46" V5100; hopefully this one will be as good for gaming and football. Can't wait.
post #543 of 1887 Old 11-25-2012, 11:35 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 112 Post(s)
Liked: 246
Quote:
Originally Posted by b_humbug View Post

Just bought the 55" version, it'll be delivered on the 2nd. My last TV was a 46" V5100; hopefully this one will be as good for gaming and football. Can't wait.

Trust me as a former owner of a 46V5100 the HX750, I have the 46inch version, far surpasses the V5100 in every way. And for gameing and football? Trust me it will blow you away. But I will let you make up your own mind when your tv arrives and you get a chance to test it out.
post #544 of 1887 Old 11-25-2012, 02:05 PM

Finally pulled the trigger and got myself a 55hx750 on Amazon. I really didn't see the point in spending $$$ on hx850 for gorilla glass and a few minor improvements. TV delivers Tuesday, and then its time to play with all the settings smile.gif I'm really praying that the black levels are not too bad.
post #545 of 1887 Old 11-25-2012, 04:08 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by l0neranger View Post

Finally pulled the trigger and got myself a 55hx750 on Amazon. I really didn't see the point in spending $$$ on hx850 for gorilla glass and a few minor improvements. TV delivers Tuesday, and then its time to play with all the settings smile.gif I'm really praying that the black levels are not too bad.

I felt the same when I bought my 46HX750 and the blacks are better then I thought they would be and it all comes from the set having Dynamic Edge lighting which makes a world of difference.
post #546 of 1887 Old 11-26-2012, 05:28 AM
AVS Special Member

Last night my wife and I watched a movie on Crackel and I dont know if it has anything to do with my tv's upscaleing abilities or not but Crackel looks good on this tv, save for the stupid commercials which is not the tv's fault, I really enjoyed the quality of the movie. No its not 1080p but quality wise movies look good on Crackel on my tv and I am shocked. Anyone else notice this or have any thoughts?
post #547 of 1887 Old 11-26-2012, 07:57 AM

Liked: 18
Quote:
Originally Posted by dktcluff View Post

Best Buy just swapped out my 55EX710 with the 55HX750. I have a Sony STR-DH710 receiver. When I had the EX710 and used the receiver remote to switch between inputs (like TV to HDMI1) the receiver would change both the audio and the video from one source to the other.
Now, with the HX750, it only changes the audio. I have to use the TV remote to change the input in order to switch the video content.
I have "high speed" hdmi cables, I didn't change any settings on the receiver, I did set up the Bravia Sync through the TV (got the "Connected" response on the receiver), I am connected to HDMI1 (ARC).
Can anyone offer any insight on this? I'm really stumped.

That's odd. It certainly sounds like you got your bases covered there. I wonder if either the receiver or the TV would require an update to allow both audio and video to be controlled.

I do know on my Sony receiver (BDV-E570) that the remote has two separate buttons for changing inputs. One called "Function" that only changes the audio and then "TV Input" which obviously changes the video. The thing is, when I change the TV Input, audio automatically comes along with it. Is this similar to what you're trying to do?
post #548 of 1887 Old 11-26-2012, 09:06 AM

Liked: 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Isble View Post

Trying to use a soundbar (non Sony) with my HX750. I connected it using the optical digital audio output from the TV. When I go to Options, Speakers, and change from TV speakers to Audio System, I get no sound to the soundbar. How do I disable the TV speakers and still get audio output for the soundbar? Right now I have to leave the TV speakers active and turn their volume down to 0.

I ran into the same issue this weekend. Picked up a JBL soundbar and used the optical out on the back of the TV and the only option was to turn down the TV volume all the way... I don't understand why this is the only option where I can use the Headphone 3.5 mm jack out to analog RCAs and then control the volume through the TV. Is the set not able to recognize the optical out is is use when you have the settings set to Audio system? It's funny... even in the i-Manual for Speakers... it has the tip setting audio system out on the 3.5 mm jack... but not on the optical digital out option. I don't recall the exact verbiage right now... but it's not present under the optical diagram. ANY ideas here?
post #549 of 1887 Old 11-26-2012, 11:55 AM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 17 Post(s)
Liked: 13
Does anyone have the dimensions for the 55HX750 box ?

I need how long, and how tall the box is...

Thanks

Shelly
post #550 of 1887 Old 11-26-2012, 02:19 PM

Liked: 14
I am going back and forth on this TV vs the LG 557600... both are similarly priced but the X750 doesn't include 3D glasses which seem to be rather pricey whereas the 7600 includes 6 pairs.

Is there a cheap place to get glasses for the X750? $50 a pop is pricey, esp since i would need to buy at least 3 pairs ugh.

Does this TV have the dual 3D display that the LG sets have? Wear a special pair of glasses and two people can see an entirely different screen while playing a game etc (Not 100% sure how it works)

I currently own an older samsung A650 LCD tv and it has served me well so far and then some, but i'm wanting to upgrade to a larger set.

From different reviews i've read around the web, people seem to be very happy with the built in Apps on the LG and lots of people complain about them on the Sony?

Also, i've read that the LG provides a ton of calibration options whereas the Sony is lacking in that dept?

Does anyone have experience with both the Sony and LG model that could tell me which is better for gaming?

I use both PS3 and 360... FPS games adventure games etc.

OH, i also play Rocksmith and passing sound from the console directly to my Samsung produces very little lag which is great for that game...

Does anyone here use their X750 to play Rocksmith that could chime in on that as well?

****Oh, also these sets come with a 1 year warranty... would it be a good idea to pay an additional fee for an extended warranty? I did that with my Samsung and never ended up even needing it.
post #551 of 1887 Old 11-26-2012, 06:15 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by splattered View Post

I am going back and forth on this TV vs the LG 557600... both are similarly priced but the X750 doesn't include 3D glasses which seem to be rather pricey whereas the 7600 includes 6 pairs.
Is there a cheap place to get glasses for the X750? $50 a pop is pricey, esp since i would need to buy at least 3 pairs ugh.
Does this TV have the dual 3D display that the LG sets have? Wear a special pair of glasses and two people can see an entirely different screen while playing a game etc (Not 100% sure how it works)
I currently own an older samsung A650 LCD tv and it has served me well so far and then some, but i'm wanting to upgrade to a larger set.
From different reviews i've read around the web, people seem to be very happy with the built in Apps on the LG and lots of people complain about them on the Sony?
Also, i've read that the LG provides a ton of calibration options whereas the Sony is lacking in that dept?
Does anyone have experience with both the Sony and LG model that could tell me which is better for gaming?
I use both PS3 and 360... FPS games adventure games etc.
OH, i also play Rocksmith and passing sound from the console directly to my Samsung produces very little lag which is great for that game...
Does anyone here use their X750 to play Rocksmith that could chime in on that as well?
****Oh, also these sets come with a 1 year warranty... would it be a good idea to pay an additional fee for an extended warranty? I did that with my Samsung and never ended up even needing it.

First $50 bucks a pair for 3D glasses aint bad. I have no clue what dual 3D display is so I cant help you there. The HX750 dont need a ton of calibration options being that its pretty good right out of the box as far as PQ is concerned, 1 or 2 tweaks to the PQ setup and you will be set.. I have no complaints with the HX750's built in apps. They all work very well. and lastly the HX750 is awsome for gaming and I dont think you would have any complaints. I have never gotton a warranty on any of the sets I have had in the past because I didnt need them.
post #552 of 1887 Old 11-26-2012, 06:24 PM
GTZ

Liked: 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by shelly40 View Post

Does anyone have the dimensions for the 55HX750 box ?
I need how long, and how tall the box is...
Thanks
Shelly

From Sony's site:

Package Carton (W x H x D) : 57 x 35 1/4 x 7 inches (1446 x 895 x 175 mm)
post #553 of 1887 Old 11-26-2012, 11:21 PM

Sweet, thanks for the reply steve smile.gif

I went ahead and pulled the trigger from Dell... i got the 55" HX750 with 3 years of warranty for $1,355 after shipping and taxes.

Not an amazing price but i am extremely excited nonetheless...

I've always purchased things from Dell in the past with Warranty... i had a PC that was a total lemon hardware wise and they had to come out and fix it several times within 6 months so they just went ahead and built me a brand new PC and sent it out, it was a TOTAL step up from what i had before too.

What are your guys' thoughts on TV Armor for these sets? I have one of the models that use straps and a bend up top that goes over my Samsung and it saved the TV from being destroyed by my son a few times and keeps the screen clean from spills and finger prints etc. It's a bit heavy though and i've read that it can put too much tension on a TV chassis and/or cause heating problems from blocking the vents up top. I bought that thing like 4 years ago though and it hasn't appeared to cause any problems with my Sammy. I looked them up for a 55" size today and there are ones that just have sticky tape on the sides that apply to the bezel... i'd hate to do that to an expensive TV though :/
post #554 of 1887 Old 11-26-2012, 11:43 PM

Wow... i read the LG 7600 CNET review and they seemed pretty blown away by it... the Dell rep really pushed me towards the Sony model (And it was cheaper) and a friend of mine has an older high end Bravia and it looks great. Then i go to read the CNET review for the X750 and they totally crap all over the set. The colors are apparently super awesome but the black levels are really awful? Seriously!? Worse than a VIZIO? Are they really that bad??? The TV has been out for some time now since that review, is it possible that a firmware release has come out that improves PQ? Lots of reviews i read on Amazon and other sites praise the set... man i wish i had read the CNET review first, i might have ponied up a little more for the 7600. Hmm what to do what to do. :/
post #555 of 1887 Old 11-26-2012, 11:49 PM
Advanced Member

Liked: 38
Is that an LG led lcd? Seeing as they use ips panels, it is highly unlikely it has better blacks than the Sony, if anything they will be a lot lighter.

Aaron
post #556 of 1887 Old 11-27-2012, 12:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HaRd2BeAr View Post

Is that an LG led lcd? Seeing as they use ips panels, it is highly unlikely it has better blacks than the Sony, if anything they will be a lot lighter.
Aaron

Check out the CNET reviews for both the LG 55LM7600 and the Sony KDL-55HX750, they rave about the LG black levels and 3D performance is seemingly better.

Man i just scrolled back through this thread... wish i had done that before buying the Sony haha

So since the TV has released people have asked about the CNET review and complained about black levels and other things i also asked...

As long as the black levels are at least on par with my current Samsung i guess i might be happy (LN40A650) but back when the Sammy TV was released CNET said it had some of the best blacks available on an LCD so i don't really have my hopes up.

I read in some other reviews that the sony set has problems with 3D PQ, Artifacts, 2D-3D is supposed to be terrible, and off-viewing angles for 3D? I wear prescription glasses and i'm starting to wonder if Active 3D is for me long term.

In this thread i do see that a firmware update has been released but no data is available? Some owners claim it improves PQ? I know firmware updates have improved my judder/PQ for my Samsung in the past but i have doubts that it helped PQ for this Sony as it wasn't specifically mentioned in the firmware release notes from what i read in this thread.

I still haven't seen any definitive info on lag for gaming either other than "I haven't seen any on mine yet!"

Ahhh man i'm really torn on keeping this set now.

All input from you guys that have experience with this set since its release would be GREATLY appreciated!
post #557 of 1887 Old 11-27-2012, 05:00 AM

Here is the CNET UK review for the 40" HX753. This is the European model of the same TV!

http://reviews.cnet.co.uk/tvs/sony-40hx753-review-50008845/

They praise it for it's deep black levels and strong contrast performance.

I'm not sure I agree with the black levels but they aren't that bad, not great but not bad!

The next link is for the HDTV Test review which measures gaming performance.

http://www.hdtvtest.co.uk/news/sony-kdl-40hx753-46hx753-201208062060.htm?page=Performance

I only play a little bit of COD on PS3, and certainly not enough to comment on whether it's gonna be responsive enough for you but hopefully the above review will help you.

This TV for me me coming from a Samsung LE40A786 which was full array LED backlighting with local dimming blacks on the Sony are not as good as the Sammy but shadow detail was much better and picture Quality is a big improvement!

Hope this helps.
post #558 of 1887 Old 11-27-2012, 05:14 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

Wow... i read the LG 7600 CNET review and they seemed pretty blown away by it... the Dell rep really pushed me towards the Sony model (And it was cheaper) and a friend of mine has an older high end Bravia and it looks great. Then i go to read the CNET review for the X750 and they totally crap all over the set. The colors are apparently super awesome but the black levels are really awful? Seriously!? Worse than a VIZIO? Are they really that bad??? The TV has been out for some time now since that review, is it possible that a firmware release has come out that improves PQ? Lots of reviews i read on Amazon and other sites praise the set... man i wish i had read the CNET review first, i might have ponied up a little more for the 7600. Hmm what to do what to do. :/

splattered,

Dont buy into everything Cnet says. They consider themselves the final word on a product when in fact some of their reviews are just down right drivel......which means B.S! The Black Levels on the HX750 are not awful and for them to say they are worse then a Vizio just proves to me they have an axe to grind with Sony for some reason. The LG 7600 is not better then the HX750 in fact I would say the HX750 has better PQ and black levels then the LG. But again its up to you.....your money, your choice.
post #559 of 1887 Old 11-27-2012, 05:17 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

Check out the CNET reviews for both the LG 55LM7600 and the Sony KDL-55HX750, they rave about the LG black levels and 3D performance is seemingly better.
Man i just scrolled back through this thread... wish i had done that before buying the Sony haha
So since the TV has released people have asked about the CNET review and complained about black levels and other things i also asked...
As long as the black levels are at least on par with my current Samsung i guess i might be happy (LN40A650) but back when the Sammy TV was released CNET said it had some of the best blacks available on an LCD so i don't really have my hopes up.
I read in some other reviews that the sony set has problems with 3D PQ, Artifacts, 2D-3D is supposed to be terrible, and off-viewing angles for 3D? I wear prescription glasses and i'm starting to wonder if Active 3D is for me long term.
In this thread i do see that a firmware update has been released but no data is available? Some owners claim it improves PQ? I know firmware updates have improved my judder/PQ for my Samsung in the past but i have doubts that it helped PQ for this Sony as it wasn't specifically mentioned in the firmware release notes from what i read in this thread.
I still haven't seen any definitive info on lag for gaming either other than "I haven't seen any on mine yet!"
All input from you guys that have experience with this set since its release would be GREATLY appreciated!

All I know is my HX750 dont have problems with 3D PQ, Artifacts and the 2D-3D conversion is never gaurenteed to be good on any set that has this feature and if you want my opinion Active is way better then Passive when it comes to 3D but thats another discussion altogether.
post #560 of 1887 Old 11-27-2012, 06:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gatorboi352 View Post

That's odd. It certainly sounds like you got your bases covered there. I wonder if either the receiver or the TV would require an update to allow both audio and video to be controlled.
I do know on my Sony receiver (BDV-E570) that the remote has two separate buttons for changing inputs. One called "Function" that only changes the audio and then "TV Input" which obviously changes the video. The thing is, when I change the TV Input, audio automatically comes along with it. Is this similar to what you're trying to do?

Thanks for the response. I did check to make sure that both devices have the latest firmware, and they do.

I have a PS3 on HDMI1 in to the receiver and a PC on HDMI2 in, then the HDMI out goes to the TV (ARC input). When I jump between HDMI1 and HDMI2 (PS3 and PC) it does change the audio and the video. It's just when I go from one of the HDMI to TV (or vis versa) that it doesn't change the video with the audio. So it's definitely in the TV.

Oh well, it must be a new "feature". It's frustrating, but certainly not a show stopper.
post #561 of 1887 Old 11-27-2012, 06:36 AM

Liked: 18
Quote:
Originally Posted by dktcluff View Post

Thanks for the response. I did check to make sure that both devices have the latest firmware, and they do.
I have a PS3 on HDMI1 in to the receiver and a PC on HDMI2 in, then the HDMI out goes to the TV (ARC input). When I jump between HDMI1 and HDMI2 (PS3 and PC) it does change the audio and the video. It's just when I go from one of the HDMI to TV (or vis versa) that it doesn't change the video with the audio. So it's definitely in the TV.
Oh well, it must be a new "feature". It's frustrating, but certainly not a show stopper.

Ah of course, yes I can see how this would be the case then, as unfortunate as it is. Best bet may be to run a digital audio out from the TV to the receiver for when switching from the HDMI inputs over to the TV input. The digital audio out on the TV is strictly for 5.1 audio on "over the air" broadcasts, and might just trigger the receiver to switch over the audio too when changing to the TV input.
post #562 of 1887 Old 11-27-2012, 06:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danjen22 View Post

Here is the CNET UK review for the 40" HX753. This is the European model of the same TV!
http://reviews.cnet.co.uk/tvs/sony-40hx753-review-50008845/
They praise it for it's deep black levels and strong contrast performance.
I'm not sure I agree with the black levels but they aren't that bad, not great but not bad!
The next link is for the HDTV Test review which measures gaming performance.
http://www.hdtvtest.co.uk/news/sony-kdl-40hx753-46hx753-201208062060.htm?page=Performance
I only play a little bit of COD on PS3, and certainly not enough to comment on whether it's gonna be responsive enough for you but hopefully the above review will help you.
This TV for me me coming from a Samsung LE40A786 which was full array LED backlighting with local dimming blacks on the Sony are not as good as the Sammy but shadow detail was much better and picture Quality is a big improvement!
Hope this helps.

I'm confused... 30ms? That's awful if i'm reading that right? O_o

http://www.practical-home-theater-guide.com/lcd-response-time.html

I'm used to seeing 2ms to 8ms LCD response times, how could 30ms be great "relative to a CRT monitor" ???

I do see complaints in that review about 3D performance... which is part of the reason i'm even upgrading to a new TV.

I'm not trying to just dog the heck out of this set, i usually do tons of research before buying something like this but was rushed because of Cyber Monday deals.

I really want this to be a great TV but i'm reading lots of negatives everywhere i look.

Arghhh

*I'm also reading that the passive 3D on the LG sets is really nice...

http://www.pcworld.com/article/225218/active_3d_vs_passive_3d.html

Active can produce a better picture but passive is more comfortable and look really good on the newer generation sets?

Man i have never been so torn in my life haha
post #563 of 1887 Old 11-27-2012, 08:43 AM
Advanced Member

Quote:

I'm used to seeing 2ms to 8ms LCD response times, how could 30ms be great "relative to a CRT monitor" ???
I do see complaints in that review about 3D performance... which is part of the reason i'm even upgrading to a new TV.
I'm not trying to just dog the heck out of this set, i usually do tons of research before buying something like this but was rushed because of Cyber Monday deals.
I really want this to be a great TV but i'm reading lots of negatives everywhere i look.
Arghhh
Active can produce a better picture but passive is more comfortable and look really good on the newer generation sets?

Think You are confusing pixel response with input lag for gaming. Most lcds are around 8sec pixel response time.

Its not uncommon on large lcds to see input lag as high as 100ms so 30ms isn't bad.

Aaron
post #564 of 1887 Old 11-27-2012, 08:45 AM
Advanced Member

Quote:

No ips panel has surpassed 1000:1 contrast ratio, with the panel this Sony uses ie pva Yugoslavia are looking at 2000:1 +.
post #565 of 1887 Old 11-27-2012, 09:16 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

Arghhh

If you are so torn over the HX750 and the LG set your lookin at and if your believeing every negative review your seeing about the HX750 online then cancel your order and go with the LG set! 30ms response time awful? Hell no. Negative 3D performance? I think the 3D performance of the HX750 is pretty damn good and this is coming from a guy who has seen the good and bad on sets when it comes to 3D performance. The bottom line is if your gut is telling you to go with the LG your looking at then again cancel the order for the HX750 and get the LG. Dont buy something your not going to be happy with.
post #566 of 1887 Old 11-27-2012, 09:24 AM

Quote:

Think You are confusing pixel response with input lag for gaming. Most lcds are around 8sec pixel response time.
Its not uncommon on large lcds to see input lag as high as 100ms so 30ms isn't bad.
Aaron

Quote:

No ips panel has surpassed 1000:1 contrast ratio, with the panel this Sony uses ie pva Yugoslavia are looking at 2000:1 +.

Ahhh ok that makes WAY more sense haha ... Well in that case, has there been mention of the pixel response of this TV then? 2ms? 4ms?

Here is a post from the owner's thread for my current Samsung, wondering how this compares to the X750:
Quote:
CONTRAST & RESPONSE TIME NUMBERS

The Samsung LNxxA650 series has a quoted dynamic contrast of 50,000:1, but Podol, a Korean ISF calibrator that did a review of this set came up with different numbers:
http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/showp...9&postcount=61

Quote:
Originally Posted by Podol

Regarding contrast ratio, 71F's dynamic CR's are better in my measurement.
But A650 is better in panel's static CR with turning off any dynamic backlight control.
71F(Korean Model# F81BD)'s Max CR measured 27525:1(even better than Samsung's own 25000:1 spec) and then blacks read 0.012 nits that time.
That's close to Pioneer Kuro's blacks(0.013 cd/m² initially, 0.006 cd/m² after few seconds)
On the other hands, A650's max dynamic CR is limited to around 10K to 1, still better static CR than 71F.

Most new TV's from any major brand, IMO, have enough blacks and CR's unless you're watching it in a darkened room
A650 has around 2000 to 1 non-dynamic, static CR.(2291 : 1 for my measurement)
And that's pretty good enough and better than 71F, I think.
I assume Samsung changed their dynamic backlight control algorithm less aggressively this time and that's why 71F has more CR.
But A650's panels static CR's higher than 71F.

The TV is quoted to have a response time of 4ms. How that figures into real numbers has not been tested yet, but as a indication hometheatermag.com tested Samsung's previous 120hz model with 8ms. response time & they came up with 600 lines motion resolution.
post #567 of 1887 Old 11-27-2012, 09:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by steve1971 View Post

If you are so torn over the HX750 and the LG set your lookin at and if your believeing every negative review your seeing about the HX750 online then cancel your order and go with the LG set! 30ms response time awful? Hell no. Negative 3D performance? I think the 3D performance of the HX750 is pretty damn good and this is coming from a guy who has seen the good and bad on sets when it comes to 3D performance. The bottom line is if your gut is telling you to go with the LG your looking at then again cancel the order for the HX750 and get the LG. Dont buy something your not going to be happy with.

My gut isn't telling me to cancel my order, it's telling me to freak out and do as much research as i can before the TV gets here so i can justify my purchase... haha

To be honest i've had my eye on the 7600 model for awhile but i kept missing it when it was on sale... and i kept reading about PQ loss in 3D with Passive technology in general.

I read mostly good reviews on the Sony and i'm a hardcore gamer so i was convinced this was a fantastic set for the price... but then dug deeper after i purchased and saw a bunch of negative stuff from owners on here and from some professionals out there.

I wonder.. would it be possible to have the black levels improved at all through a service menu or official firmware update? Not sure how that all works...
post #568 of 1887 Old 11-27-2012, 10:02 AM
Advanced Member

Quote:

Ahhh ok that makes WAY more sense haha ... Well in that case, has there been mention of the pixel response of this TV then? 2ms? 4ms?
Here is a post from the owner's thread for my current Samsung, wondering how this compares to the X750:

Trouble with pixel response is that some manufacturers measure it differently, grey to grey or black to white will result in different figures. I don't think you will find the HX750 a step down lets put it that way. Same for static contrast ratio (the most important figure over dynamic).

Aaron
post #569 of 1887 Old 11-27-2012, 10:04 AM
Advanced Member

Quote:

My gut isn't telling me to cancel my order, it's telling me to freak out and do as much research as i can before the TV gets here so i can justify my purchase... haha
To be honest i've had my eye on the 7600 model for awhile but i kept missing it when it was on sale... and i kept reading about PQ loss in 3D with Passive technology in general.
I read mostly good reviews on the Sony and i'm a hardcore gamer so i was convinced this was a fantastic set for the price... but then dug deeper after i purchased and saw a bunch of negative stuff from owners on here and from some professionals out there.
I wonder.. would it be possible to have the black levels improved at all through a service menu or official firmware update? Not sure how that all works...

I would seriously doubt a firmware upgrade could improve the sets black levels.
post #570 of 1887 Old 11-27-2012, 10:59 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

If your a hardcore gamer then I am sure the HX750 will more then satisfy you. That being said and I am going to say this in all honesty and that is dont believe everything you hear or I should say read on the internet because some people and professionals dont have the same set, yes they may be the same model but each set that comes off the assembly line has its own quirks. I have read in Home Theater Magazine where they will do a review on a set and its not good and then they send it back for another one and the one they get is much better then the one they did their review on. Some may get sets where theres screen uniformity issues and others may not have that problem on the set they have. This is just one instance. Its what people call hit or miss and no tv is the same. My HX750 has no issues and there are others who's sets have issues and so on. I got lucky biggrin.gif. As for a firmware update that improves black levels? I agree with HaRd2BeAr and that is I have heard of no firmware that fixes Black Levels as if the HX750 needs a fix in that area....it dont in my opinion.
Reply LCD Flat Panel Displays

Tags
Lcd Hdtv , Sony Kdl46hx750 46 3d Led Hdtv , Sony Bravia Kdl46hx750 46 Inch 240 Hz 1080p 3d Led Internet Tv , Sony Bravia Kdl55hx750 55 Inch 240hz 1080p 3d Led Internet Tv , Sony Kdl46hx750 46 Inch Led 3d Wifi Xr480 Internet Tv , Sony Kdl46hx750 46 Inch 3d Wifi Xr 480hz Led Hdtv With Bdps590 3d Blu Ray , Sony Kdl55hx750 55 Inch 3d Wifi Xr 480hz Led Hdtv Bdps590 3d Wifi Blu Ray
Gear in this thread - Sony by PriceGrabber.com

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page