Forum Jump: 

post #631 of 1887 Old 12-06-2012, 05:27 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by steve1971 View Post

My 46HX750 has no problems with Directv's 3D channels. Whats seems to be the problem your having or what info do you need? If you need any help let me know.

Thank you. I installed it yesterday and it's connected as follows. I have a HR21/700 DirecTv box connected directly to TV with a HDM cable in the HDMI 4 port. The audio from HR21 goes directly to Onkyo for audio. A PS3 directly connected to TV with a HDMI cable in the HDMI 2 port. The audio from PS 3 goes directly to Onkyo.

When I go to any of the 3D channels, lets say 106 (ESPN) it displays "This program cannot be viewed because this TV is not 3D capable." I monkeyed around with some of the settings but to no avail. The ONLY thing I can come up with is that the HDMI cables are not current enough. I'd guess that they are around 3-4 years old. I have read that, yes I must have a high speed type, where others say it's not necessary. Aside from that I'm at a loss, but encouraged that your model is working good. Hopefully you can direct me in the right direction.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #632 of 1887 Old 12-06-2012, 05:36 PM

Liked: 14
Well... looks like i won't be joining your family after all guys.

Called Dell today to get a shipping status update and i get bounced around for an hour until i end up being told that they cannot obtain this TV from Sony anymore and it will NOT ship and i have to cancel it and have a new TV price matched so i can still get it before i leave on vacation at the end of this month.

Get sent to the returns/cancellation department and they tell me i have to cancel the TV and the best they can offer me is 10% off a different television, they aren't even willing to work with me on price matching and say "We are going out of our way to offer you 10% off and we do not even HAVE to do that sir"

I more or less got mad at them and told him i was going to call my channel manager(I work for a Dell VAR) and explain the issue and see if there is anything he can do for me.

I am not happy right now.

I think they're still sending me that Sony Sound Bar for free though haha
post #633 of 1887 Old 12-07-2012, 05:55 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 111 Post(s)
Liked: 246
Quote:
Originally Posted by splattered View Post

Well... looks like i won't be joining your family after all guys.
Called Dell today to get a shipping status update and i get bounced around for an hour until i end up being told that they cannot obtain this TV from Sony anymore and it will NOT ship and i have to cancel it and have a new TV price matched so i can still get it before i leave on vacation at the end of this month.
Get sent to the returns/cancellation department and they tell me i have to cancel the TV and the best they can offer me is 10% off a different television, they aren't even willing to work with me on price matching and say "We are going out of our way to offer you 10% off and we do not even HAVE to do that sir"
I more or less got mad at them and told him i was going to call my channel manager(I work for a Dell VAR) and explain the issue and see if there is anything he can do for me.
I am not happy right now.
I think they're still sending me that Sony Sound Bar for free though haha

I have no clue as to why Dell would say they cannot obtain the HX750 anymore from Sony because Sony still makes them and sells them on their site! Thats B.S they are telling you that. I think they are giving you the run around splatter. Personally I would order it either from Sony or Amazon. Dont hold you breath on them sending you the sound bar because they probably will say they cant get them anymore from Sony either. Sorry to hear buddy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrmogway View Post

Thank you. I installed it yesterday and it's connected as follows. I have a HR21/700 DirecTv box connected directly to TV with a HDM cable in the HDMI 4 port. The audio from HR21 goes directly to Onkyo for audio. A PS3 directly connected to TV with a HDMI cable in the HDMI 2 port. The audio from PS 3 goes directly to Onkyo.
When I go to any of the 3D channels, lets say 106 (ESPN) it displays "This program cannot be viewed because this TV is not 3D capable." I monkeyed around with some of the settings but to no avail. The ONLY thing I can come up with is that the HDMI cables are not current enough. I'd guess that they are around 3-4 years old. I have read that, yes I must have a high speed type, where others say it's not necessary. Aside from that I'm at a loss, but encouraged that your model is working good. Hopefully you can direct me in the right direction.

Try and refresh your Directv box and see if that works. I doubt its your tv . It might be your HDMI cables but I doubt that as well but now days with the technology we have to deal with who knows? One more thing are you sure your Directv Box is 3D ready? It may show 3D channels but it may not be able to support 3D. You might want to check on that. Oh crap I forgot do you have the 3D features on your tv turned on? Go into your menu and go to Picture and Display. Once there go to 3D Settings. Click on it and go to Auto 3D and set it to on then go to 3D Signal Notification and set that to on as well. Whew!!!!!! Thats a whole lot of info! lol Hope it works out and if you need anymore help just let me know.
post #634 of 1887 Old 12-07-2012, 09:30 AM

Liked: 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by boatbuilder42 View Post

I used 3 - high Speed HDMI Cables w/Ferrite Cores from monoprice.
Yes I had it hooked up correctly. I had HDMI from cable box to the SAT/CATV in on the soundbar. Blu Ray into the soundbar HDMI input and then the HMDI ARC out to the HDMI ARC in on the back of the HX750. I had ALL settings correct for the HDMI passthru and ARC.
Also the volume bar displayed on the TV was different than what it shows when you use the analog audio out or the optical out. The volume bar was much bigger and as stated... I had to crank it on the TV into the 60 range.... And the volume would increase on the display of the 150 until I hit max. It was also annoying that the volume level on the TV did not match the volume number on the soundbar.... but this had to be due to the fact that the soundbar when to 50 as it's max. The TV goes to 100. So yes the HDMI ARC was working.
When you say 11 as the volume level is that what it shows on the TV volume or is that the volume level on the soundbar?

Volume level on the soundbar. The TV has no volume settings when the bar is connected and turned on
post #635 of 1887 Old 12-07-2012, 11:12 AM

Also, the fact that the HDMI cables have ferrite cores and are from monoprice doesn't really matter if they don't support the new HDMI functionalities. Like I said, my $6 Amazon cables have been working great.

Just check the specs and make sure.

Edited, because I don't want to sound snarky. It's just that if it's the best possible cable, but isn't designed for HDMI 1.4 (ethernet, ARC, etc) then it doesn't matter how nice a cable it is/was.
post #636 of 1887 Old 12-07-2012, 04:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by steve1971 View Post

Try and refresh your Directv box and see if that works. I doubt its your tv . It might be your HDMI cables but I doubt that as well but now days with the technology we have to deal with who knows? One more thing are you sure your Directv Box is 3D ready? It may show 3D channels but it may not be able to support 3D. You might want to check on that. Oh crap I forgot do you have the 3D features on your tv turned on? Go into your menu and go to Picture and Display. Once there go to 3D Settings. Click on it and go to Auto 3D and set it to on then go to 3D Signal Notification and set that to on as well. Whew!!!!!! Thats a whole lot of info! lol Hope it works out and if you need anymore help just let me know.

I figured out the problem. I completely forgot that I have an HDMI splitter for HD to another room. I unplugged the cable from it and put it in the DirecTv box, jumped to CH 103 and bingo, 3D! I now have to see if there is a splitter that can do 3D. I think it's a tall order. Thank you Steve1971 for your help. smile.gif
post #637 of 1887 Old 12-07-2012, 05:41 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrmogway View Post

I figured out the problem. I completely forgot that I have an HDMI splitter for HD to another room. I unplugged the cable from it and put it in the DirecTv box, jumped to CH 103 and bingo, 3D! I now have to see if there is a splitter that can do 3D. I think it's a tall order. Thank you Steve1971 for your help. smile.gif

No problem and I am glad you figured it out and got 3D up and running.

smile.gif
post #638 of 1887 Old 12-07-2012, 06:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gnuf View Post

Also, the fact that the HDMI cables have ferrite cores and are from monoprice doesn't really matter if they don't support the new HDMI functionalities. Like I said, my $6 Amazon cables have been working great.
Just check the specs and make sure.
Edited, because I don't want to sound snarky. It's just that if it's the best possible cable, but isn't designed for HDMI 1.4 (ethernet, ARC, etc) then it doesn't matter how nice a cable it is/was.

I couldn't even use optical out on the hx750
and achieve the volume I got through the analog out. This is the what I'm trying to get explanation on if possible.
post #639 of 1887 Old 12-07-2012, 11:15 PM

So I'm in need of a little setting advice here since I can't seem to get it right.

I've had the 46HX750 now for about 3 weeks and I'm on the edge of bringing it back. Prior to this I had a 2009 40"XBR9

My issue is that my main content is coming from iTunes, directly from a macbook pro via HDMI.

I'm getting I guess tearing/jumping or skipping of the video is what you would call it. I'm not sure of the exact terminology. During scenes with medium to high speed panning motion is when it occurs and it's driving me pretty nuts. I can deal with things not being ultra sharp and clear but this type of thing totally makes my eyes freak out then I spend the next hour of the movie or show I'm watching just looking for any reoccurrence, which obviously detracts from the viewing experience.

On the previous TV I never experienced the issue with the same exact setup.

The best example I can find of the motion I'm refering to is this video:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tZXGtyMVusg&list=FLJTmnUcx__NG8Au72YXDhIQ&index=1

0:41-0:59 1:17-1:19, 1:52-2:01; and 2:44 -3:02 is where the particular motion really stands out in that video to help explain

I've tried almost every combination of Scene Select/Motionflow and Cine-Motion and while some help I still can't seem to completely eliminate it. Any thoughts or ideas. I'm not against going back and picking up the 850 or a different brand altogether if it will make this go away.
post #640 of 1887 Old 12-08-2012, 10:29 AM

Liked: 14
Well it was nice known ya guys... Dell price matched the LG LM7600, that's the best they could do for me. At least i am getting to keep the sony sound bar they shipped to me for free, i hope its fully compatible with the LG.

If i happen to get the LG and it ends up a total mess i will probably get a refund and seek out the HX750 elsewhere... we shall see smile.gif
post #641 of 1887 Old 12-08-2012, 04:54 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by splattered View Post

Well it was nice known ya guys... Dell price matched the LG LM7600, that's the best they could do for me. At least i am getting to keep the sony sound bar they shipped to me for free, i hope its fully compatible with the LG.
If i happen to get the LG and it ends up a total mess i will probably get a refund and seek out the HX750 elsewhere... we shall see smile.gif

Nice tv splattered and I wish you all the best with it I really do. To bad you couldnt get the HX750 but if the LG dont work out then look for the HX750 elsewhere like you said. Let us know how the LG works out for you. That being said I never thought I would say it but I am getting a Samsung Sound bar and replacing my old AVR setup with it. I hope its compatible with my tv because if not then it goes back! I decided to go with a soundbar because it will fit in better with my setup and with size of the room I have my setup in its the best route to go. This is Samsungs last chance with me though.....any crap then its bye bye.
post #642 of 1887 Old 12-09-2012, 08:16 AM

I just took delivery of a 55HX750....so far I am blown away. It's about the perfect size for my living room and the picture is stunning. My previous TV was a Samsung 40LNT4066, which I thought was perfect.....I didn't know what I was missing.
post #643 of 1887 Old 12-09-2012, 08:48 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coppertone View Post

I just took delivery of a 55HX750....so far I am blown away. It's about the perfect size for my living room and the picture is stunning. My previous TV was a Samsung 40LNT4066, which I thought was perfect.....I didn't know what I was missing.

Congrats Coppertone! smile.gif
post #644 of 1887 Old 12-10-2012, 05:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JPGIII View Post

So I'm in need of a little setting advice here since I can't seem to get it right.
I've had the 46HX750 now for about 3 weeks and I'm on the edge of bringing it back. Prior to this I had a 2009 40"XBR9
My issue is that my main content is coming from iTunes, directly from a macbook pro via HDMI.
I'm getting I guess tearing/jumping or skipping of the video is what you would call it. I'm not sure of the exact terminology. During scenes with medium to high speed panning motion is when it occurs and it's driving me pretty nuts. I can deal with things not being ultra sharp and clear but this type of thing totally makes my eyes freak out then I spend the next hour of the movie or show I'm watching just looking for any reoccurrence, which obviously detracts from the viewing experience.
On the previous TV I never experienced the issue with the same exact setup.
The best example I can find of the motion I'm refering to is this video:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tZXGtyMVusg&list=FLJTmnUcx__NG8Au72YXDhIQ&index=1
0:41-0:59 1:17-1:19, 1:52-2:01; and 2:44 -3:02 is where the particular motion really stands out in that video to help explain
I've tried almost every combination of Scene Select/Motionflow and Cine-Motion and while some help I still can't seem to completely eliminate it. Any thoughts or ideas. I'm not against going back and picking up the 850 or a different brand altogether if it will make this go away.

Are you sure you've seen this with every combination of Motionflow? Cinemotion I've left at auto 1 because it will turn itself off if it's not applicable.

Motionflow on clear, off, or clear plus should not have any of that artifact that you mention. When motionflow is on Smooth, Standard my understanding is the tv is adding frames so in a fastmoving scene, it may not keep up. Switch motionflow to clear or off, and those artifacts should disappear. Also make sure you're streaming/internet connection is keeping up
post #645 of 1887 Old 12-10-2012, 01:30 PM

I do have some input after spending some time with it..

1. The menu layout is really cumbersome to me. I find myself getting frustrated with navigating around. It will take some getting used to. I'm a Menu, back, enter, scroll kind of guy and this thing threw me for a loop.

2. The picture is beyond amazing in my eyes. In fact, in some scenes the situations almost look cheap and fake because the detail is so precise. I was watching Collateral and could stop myself from focusing on the little details. It almost looked like it was filmed in someones house with bad lighting. I wasn't "immersed" in the movie......kind of hard to explain, but does anyone know what I'm talking about?

3. My Samsung 40LNT4066 practically doubled as a space heater, so it's nice that this thing runs cool and doesn't heat the room.

4. I was weary about the purchase because of the reviews of black levels, but it looks great to me.

5. The box says "HX75", not "HX750". Weird.

6. I have not changed any settings on the set yet. Which settings in this thread has been proven? Any recommendation?
post #646 of 1887 Old 12-11-2012, 05:32 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coppertone View Post

I do have some input after spending some time with it..
1. The menu layout is really cumbersome to me. I find myself getting frustrated with navigating around. It will take some getting used to. I'm a Menu, back, enter, scroll kind of guy and this thing threw me for a loop.
2. The picture is beyond amazing in my eyes. In fact, in some scenes the situations almost look cheap and fake because the detail is so precise. I was watching Collateral and could stop myself from focusing on the little details. It almost looked like it was filmed in someones house with bad lighting. I wasn't "immersed" in the movie......kind of hard to explain, but does anyone know what I'm talking about?
3. My Samsung 40LNT4066 practically doubled as a space heater, so it's nice that this thing runs cool and doesn't heat the room.
4. I was weary about the purchase because of the reviews of black levels, but it looks great to me.
5. The box says "HX75", not "HX750". Weird.
6. I have not changed any settings on the set yet. Which settings in this thread has been proven? Any recommendation?

Hey coppertone I am glad your enjoying your tv as much as I am. The menue is kind of tricky at first but after awhile you will get used to it. The PQ is indeed amazing and my old V5100 seemed like a space heater like your Sammy was and my tv like yours runs very cool which I like. And to me the black levels are very good and I have been saying that all along. If you want to change your settings let me know and I will PM the ones I use to you. I had mine set up useing CalMan Spectracal and they look great or you can find the settings here: LCDTVBuyingGuide.com. Just search for the 55 or 46inch HX750 and once there go to settings and they should still have them listed and if you have trouble finding it let me know and I will send the settings to you.
post #647 of 1887 Old 12-11-2012, 10:28 AM

I've been a member here awhile and used this site to research most of my audio/video purchases over the years. The past few days I have read this entire string and the HX seems to have almost a love/hate report. Any way Sams Club has an Open Box 55HX751 which from what research I have done seem to be the same as the 750 with glasses included. This set would replace a Panasonic TH-50PX80U that is 4 years old. They have been reducing the price on this for several weeks and it is now down to $750. Any opinions? By the way my LR is not brightly lit.
post #648 of 1887 Old 12-11-2012, 10:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by malligood View Post

I've been a member here awhile and used this site to research most of my audio/video purchases over the years. The past few days I have read this entire string and the HX seems to have almost a love/hate report. Any way Sams Club has an Open Box 55HX751 which from what research I have done seem to be the same as the 750 with glasses included. This set would replace a Panasonic TH-50PX80U that is 4 years old. They have been reducing the price on this for several weeks and it is now down to $750. Any opinions? By the way my LR is not brightly lit.

For 750 bucks it's a steal, assuming they will still take it back if it's defective in some way
post #649 of 1887 Old 12-11-2012, 11:27 AM

I got my TV back, at last. smile.gif

Well, there's one thing which definitely IS all right with the new set: Blacks are as dark as the darkest nights... NO clouding at all besides the inevitable little white spots in the corners. biggrin.gif
(They had the TV for over three weeks... I'm wondering how many screens they tried until they got this result...)

Besides that - well, still banding. But better than before. If I don't spot another fault during the next couple of weeks I think I'll keep the set. But somehow they wiped all my settings... took me some time to fix this, but there's another plus - suddenly I'm receiving NHK World TV. Before the repair, my TV wasn't able to find it...

Speaking of television: What scene selection (don't know if that's the appropriate name which's been used by Sony for you english speaking guys...?) are you using for watching television? As opposed to watching Blu-Rays and DVDs...
Before the repair, I mindlessly enabled the cinema setting for tv as well. But when I did the same before, I somehow realized that using cinema for tv footage gives you somehow poor results. Standard or Automatic looks so much better, so I stayed with Automatic. But which exact settings are you using there? Brightness, sharpness, etc...
post #650 of 1887 Old 12-11-2012, 11:50 AM

I think I may pull the trigger after work. I was reading the manual on the Sony site and it was indicating you should only use the Sony wall mount. Has anyone here uses other brand mounts?
post #651 of 1887 Old 12-11-2012, 03:27 PM

I'm using a mount that I bought at Target and it's working just fine.
post #652 of 1887 Old 12-11-2012, 04:04 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

I think I may pull the trigger after work. I was reading the manual on the Sony site and it was indicating you should only use the Sony wall mount. Has anyone here uses other brand mounts?

At one time I used the mount that came with my entertainment Center and it worked just fine.
post #653 of 1887 Old 12-11-2012, 06:44 PM

I've been reading some reviews on this model and I think I'll probably end up buying it. I was gonna go with the Samsung UN46ES6500, but this Sony seems to get slightly better reviews. Though I've read that it takes awhile for the Menu to come up after first turning on the set. Is this always true?
post #654 of 1887 Old 12-11-2012, 07:14 PM

I haven't had any problems with the menu taking long.
post #655 of 1887 Old 12-11-2012, 09:48 PM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 15
Quote:

I've sold quite a few of the hx750 with the store mounts and haven't had an issue
post #656 of 1887 Old 12-12-2012, 05:03 AM

Thanks for the feedback. Picked my set up last night.
post #657 of 1887 Old 12-12-2012, 05:29 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ssetta View Post

I've been reading some reviews on this model and I think I'll probably end up buying it. I was gonna go with the Samsung UN46ES6500, but this Sony seems to get slightly better reviews. Though I've read that it takes awhile for the Menu to come up after first turning on the set. Is this always true?

The menu comes up on my tv right away.
post #658 of 1887 Old 12-12-2012, 06:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ssetta View Post

Though I've read that it takes awhile for the Menu to come up after first turning on the set. Is this always true?

Yes, at least for me. It's quite annoying, you turn on the TV and have to wait maybe 30 seconds or more until you can access the menue. Afterwards it's no problem and appears quite instantly.
It takes not as long to just access the input list to perhaps change from TV to HDMI 1, but there's a time delay as well.
post #659 of 1887 Old 12-12-2012, 06:27 AM
Advanced Member

Liked: 38
Quote:
Originally Posted by clancy688 View Post

Yes, at least for me. It's quite annoying, you turn on the TV and have to wait maybe 30 seconds or more until you can access the menue. Afterwards it's no problem and appears quite instantly.
It takes not as long to just access the input list to perhaps change from TV to HDMI 1, but there's a time delay as well.

I get this on my HX850, these tv's are basically computers now with all they have to load up on startup. Its not a fault, just turn it on before you need it ie tv show starts at 8.00 so turn it on 5 minutes early. Or just don't try to touch a button for a minute after you turn it on.

Aaron
post #660 of 1887 Old 12-12-2012, 08:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by clancy688 View Post

Ditto with me.
Reply LCD Flat Panel Displays

Tags
Lcd Hdtv , Sony Kdl46hx750 46 3d Led Hdtv , Sony Bravia Kdl46hx750 46 Inch 240 Hz 1080p 3d Led Internet Tv , Sony Bravia Kdl55hx750 55 Inch 240hz 1080p 3d Led Internet Tv , Sony Kdl46hx750 46 Inch Led 3d Wifi Xr480 Internet Tv , Sony Kdl46hx750 46 Inch 3d Wifi Xr 480hz Led Hdtv With Bdps590 3d Blu Ray , Sony Kdl55hx750 55 Inch 3d Wifi Xr 480hz Led Hdtv Bdps590 3d Wifi Blu Ray
Gear in this thread - Sony by PriceGrabber.com

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page