Official Samsung UNXXES6500 Owner's Thread - Page 20 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #571 of 581 Old 05-22-2013, 08:40 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Anyone have any good sound settings for this tv?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #572 of 581 Old 06-03-2013, 01:57 AM

Long time reader, first time poster;

Had the Australian 60" equivalent (UA60ES6500) f this delivered September last year and it had some light bleeding around the edges but was only noticable on black screens so i let it go.

Then i started noticing the notorious green ghosting issue mentioned here that seems to only affect the 60" models of this set and made it nearly unwatchable for me, so i rang samsung and had them send out a tech who agreed it was unwatchable and offered to replace the board. I declined purely based on what i read here that it wouldn't help (and told him that) and that i wanted it replaced with a 60" model from another line.

Got the call from Samsung today, a little over a week after the tech was here and they are offering to replace mine with a UA60F7100 so im pretty happy about that.

Just thought i'd say thanks for all the info as it helped me get a fairly decent upgrade and suggest that if anyone is having ghosting issues with their 60" models get on the phone and ask for a replacement as it is obviously a known fault with this set.
post #573 of 581 Old 06-06-2013, 06:35 AM

I picked up the samsung keyboard a while back and it was complete garbage so I bought a K400r. I hooked it up to my computer just fine. When I plug the dongle into any usb port on my UN65ES6550 the tv recognizes it and I click OK. I cant get the mouse or touchpad to work in the SmartHub. When I go to device settings in the tv for the keyboard, nothing is there. And when I go to the mouse, it shows the logitech receiver. Any ideas? This is driving me nuts.
post #574 of 581 Old 06-06-2013, 12:23 PM

what is the best 3d glasses to buy for this TV. UN55ES6500. Thanks
post #575 of 581 Old 07-22-2013, 03:10 PM

Hoping someone with more advanced knowledge could help me out with this. I have Directv and on a lot of our hd channels the signal comes in a bit pixeled, it's like this on all tvs in the house but most noticeable on our larger screens. We have the 65 inch of this model. I'm trying to reduce this pixel problem as much as I can for a cleaner image. Should I be using either of the noise filter options or will this just make it worse? I have them turned off for our bluray and gaming inputs, but have always left them on auto for Directv. But I don't have much knowledge about the issue, so I started to think maybe I am just making it worse. Any suggestions about what I should have these two settings set to? Want to get the best picture possible for the upcoming football season. Thank you!
post #576 of 581 Old 07-23-2013, 08:21 AM

Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Liked: 28
It sounds like you need to have your dish recalibrated, pixelation is due to errored bits in the data stream this can be caused by noise or weak signal and i'm willing to bet it is weak signal causing your problem. you will probably need to adjust the orientation of your dish or possibly trim some trees the leaves can block signals.
post #577 of 581 Old 07-23-2013, 09:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RollTide2011 View Post

It sounds like you need to have your dish recalibrated, pixelation is due to errored bits in the data stream this can be caused by noise or weak signal and i'm willing to bet it is weak signal causing your problem. you will probably need to adjust the orientation of your dish or possibly trim some trees the leaves can block signals.
It has been such an on going problem for the past year, they actually came out and replaced all of our receivers with the new genie system and took down the old dish and put up a new one. There was an improvement, but it's still a noticeable problem on many channels. The one thing that they didn't change were the cables, they just used what was installed about 6 years ago and I'm not sure if that would be a contributing factor to this problem. The installers said that it was normal to see that on many of the HD channels and was from their compressed signal, which is why I thought the noise filters would be a good thing to have on. I do feel like I don't see this issue at friends houses though, who have the same service, so maybe I will just have them come out again. Thanks for the response!
post #578 of 581 Old 08-09-2013, 08:26 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 41 Post(s)
Liked: 107
Hey owners, I recently picked up a 32" ES6500, and am having some trouble using my Panasonic 3D glasses with it. The Panasonic glasses won't sync, they're the TY-ER3D4MU. i also have some Samsung SSG-4100s and they sync fine. The Panny glasses are Full HD 3D RF compatible so they should work fine, and I could've sworn that when I first tested 3D on it I used my Panny glasses with it just fine, but now they won't sync at all. I can use either pair of glasses just fine on my Panasonic TV. Thanks

ht Panasonic 60" ZT60, Monitor Audio: Silver RX6, RX Centre, Radius 90HD; Martinlogan Dynamo 700, Marantz SR5006, PS3, Oppo BDP-103D
2ch Sony KDL-32W650A, Sonus faber Toy Monitor, REL T3, Marantz PM8004, Sony BDP-S1000ES, JVC T-X3 tuner, Apple TV, Peachtree Audio DAC•iT, Sennheiser HD598
pc Energy CB-5, Audioengine D1, FiiO A1
post #579 of 581 Old 09-30-2013, 10:08 PM

having trouble with DLNA, i have 2 DLNA Servers: Samsung AllShare installed on PC and recently replaced router with Asus RT-N66U. I have an external drive plugged into router with DLNA function turned on. When i try to watch videos off either device it plays fine for about 20-30 minutes and then disconnects. When i check my network connection it is still there. I can access the internet and also other DLNA Server(the one i wasn't using). I however cannot see the DLNA server i was connected to until i reboot TV. Anyone having this issue?
post #580 of 581 Old 10-12-2013, 11:53 AM

I am a Directv subscriber and am having trouble with the premium 3D movie channel 104. It will not lock on to the 3d, just keeps flipping between side by side images and a full image. I have tried to force it manually as well but with no success. The other two 3d channels work fine however. Has anyone else been able to watch the 3d pay movies?
Thanks.
post #581 of 581 Old 08-31-2014, 12:35 PM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 0
samsung ue40h6240 looking for picture settings thanks
Reply LCD Flat Panel Displays

Tags
Samsung Un40es6100 40 Inch 1080p 120 Hz Slim Led Hdtv , Led Hdtv , Samsung Un40es6500 40 Inch 1080p 120 Hz 3d Slim Led Hdtv , Samsung Un55es6500 55 Inch 1080p 120 Hz 3d Slim Led Hdtv
Gear in this thread

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page