Samsung D7000 and D8000 stutter issues question? - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 5 Old 03-26-2012, 01:12 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Is the picture stuttering/juddering or missing frames an isolated issue? Or is this issue a problem with all the 2010 and 2011 sets? It's mentioned all over those two threads but not everyone complains about it. Changing the AutoMotion Plus to "clear" minimizes it but it's still there. Samsung is saying its working as expected. How is picture judder normal? The top of the line flagship 8000 series with this issue is not acceptable. Besides this issue I love my tv. I am hearing it's a software problem that started a few updates ago. ANYONE ELSE?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 Old 03-26-2012, 04:19 PM

Liked: 14
Sounds like the same thing that has been happening with my Vizio ever since the last firmware update. Are these TVs also updated via internet, and is there a way to force them back to previous firmware in case of a problem?
post #3 of 5 Old 03-26-2012, 06:00 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Liked: 12
There is 3:2 frame rate conversion Judder on 60Hz LCD models which is normal and which is correctable on 120Hz models.
Then there is 24fps film Judder which is caused by the source camera during a slow pan or similiar scene. This is partially correctable using motion compensation on 120Hz sets.
post #4 of 5 Old 03-26-2012, 06:10 PM - Thread Starter

Liked: 10
Ok? So how is that helpful? All I know is I paid a lot of money for Samsungs Flagship model D8000 which is 240hz and also AutoMotion Plus which are both supposed to give me a clear non blur picture and it doesn't. And Samsung tells us it's normal? I don't get it. How are cheaper Tvs able to give us a smoother picture with fast motion with no bells and whistleS
post #5 of 5 Old 03-26-2012, 06:15 PM

Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked: 27
Quote:
Originally Posted by walford View Post

There is 3:2 frame rate conversion Judder on 60Hz LCD models which is normal and which is correctable on 120Hz models.
Then there is 24fps film Judder which is caused by the source camera during a slow pan or similiar scene. This is partially correctable using motion compensation on 120Hz sets.

I don't see any judder on my UN55D8000 and I have updated my firmware every time available since September of last year. I have cable tv Cisco 8640 HD DVR connected via HDMI to a Yamaha RX- v671 then HDMI to HDMI2.
Dave,
Reply LCD Flat Panel Displays

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page