The *OFFICIAL* 2012 Toshiba L6200U/L7200U Passive-3D Owner's Thread... - Page 14 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #391 of 393 Old 06-09-2014, 12:31 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
The old lady mentioned a high pitch noise the other day. Nothing i noticed though.the one thing that drives me crazy is the show,chasing classic cars. The reds are ****ing terrible washed out jazzed outlines on all red objects and only on that show.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #392 of 393 Old 06-09-2014, 12:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Decado2 View Post

Hey, all of a sudden when I select 3D mode all I get is static and with a little colour and the usual warning message (eye fatigue etc. etc.). I konw long have the option to switch between SBS and top and bottom (though I made sure it was on the right one through the Quick menu). Anyone know what is going on? Did I change a setting by accident? I have a 47L6200U.

Scary, as I just bought the TV a few months ago...
power off unplug and plug it back in voila. Done it a couple times when **** goes bad.
post #393 of 393 Old 09-21-2014, 02:23 PM

Amplifier + Netflix Problem, and no HDMI passthrough

I got a free amplifier and 5.1 speaker system, so I have been trying to optimize everything for 5.1.

Problem 1: The Crying of 1000 Suns
I setup my system to use the Amplifier sound system via IR blaster using the forum found under the toshiba forums found under: /Televisions/Disable-Internal-Speakers-on-55L6200U/td-p/496115 (I can't post links because I don't have 5 posts, so you are going to have to google it, sorry.)

It's nice and all, and allows me to override my tv speakers and use and control the amplifier. What drives me up the wall was after several hours of trying to figure everything out, I figure, Meh... netflix should work as it has 5.1 dolby surround, which it does, AND it is recognized by my receiver (yay). Problem is that if I try to change the volume using the amplifier IR blaster, netflix crashes/explodes/implodes/cries tears of 1000 suns. Does anyone have a workaround for this workaround? I say that because Toshiba didn't put a "disable internal speakers" option and made people do stupid stuff like in the link above to get the IR stuff working... and even then... the TV defaults to the TV speakers when cycled on and off too quickly.

Problem 2: No Passthrough
This is not really a problem that can be solved, but is more like a warning for all purchasers... this TV cannot pass through 5.1 Surround from HDMI to Optical Out. Meaning if you have your Computer hooked up via HDMI to the TV, and then TOSLINKed to the receiver, you only get 2.0. You have to plug everything into the receiver for this to work (my receiver isn't that new), or run another Coax/toslink from the computer to the TV. It is detailed here under Jim the Administrator's 2nd post found in the toshiba forums under /t5/Televisions/new-tv-dolby-digital-not-working-through-optical-audio-output/td-p/141658 (I can't post links because I don't have 5 posts, so you are going to have to google it, sorry.)

Can someone help me with Problem 1? as problem 2 is more just research that a wall hit me with. I am really at my wits end, and I hope I am not losing anymore hair or sleep over this.

Thanks,
aelc
Reply LCD Flat Panel Displays

Tags
Toshiba 55 Led 3d Hdtv Cinema Series Smart Tv 55l7200u , Led Hdtv , Lcd Hdtv , Toshiba 47 Inch 47l6200u
Gear in this thread

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page