The *OFFICIAL* 2012 Toshiba L6200U/L7200U Passive-3D Owner's Thread... - Page 14 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

Old 06-09-2014, 01:31 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
The old lady mentioned a high pitch noise the other day. Nothing i noticed though.the one thing that drives me crazy is the show,chasing classic cars. The reds are ****ing terrible washed out jazzed outlines on all red objects and only on that show.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-09-2014, 01:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Decado2 View Post

Hey, all of a sudden when I select 3D mode all I get is static and with a little colour and the usual warning message (eye fatigue etc. etc.). I konw long have the option to switch between SBS and top and bottom (though I made sure it was on the right one through the Quick menu). Anyone know what is going on? Did I change a setting by accident? I have a 47L6200U.

Scary, as I just bought the TV a few months ago...
power off unplug and plug it back in voila. Done it a couple times when **** goes bad.
Old 09-21-2014, 03:23 PM

Amplifier + Netflix Problem, and no HDMI passthrough

I got a free amplifier and 5.1 speaker system, so I have been trying to optimize everything for 5.1.

Problem 1: The Crying of 1000 Suns
I setup my system to use the Amplifier sound system via IR blaster using the forum found under the toshiba forums found under: /Televisions/Disable-Internal-Speakers-on-55L6200U/td-p/496115 (I can't post links because I don't have 5 posts, so you are going to have to google it, sorry.)

It's nice and all, and allows me to override my tv speakers and use and control the amplifier. What drives me up the wall was after several hours of trying to figure everything out, I figure, Meh... netflix should work as it has 5.1 dolby surround, which it does, AND it is recognized by my receiver (yay). Problem is that if I try to change the volume using the amplifier IR blaster, netflix crashes/explodes/implodes/cries tears of 1000 suns. Does anyone have a workaround for this workaround? I say that because Toshiba didn't put a "disable internal speakers" option and made people do stupid stuff like in the link above to get the IR stuff working... and even then... the TV defaults to the TV speakers when cycled on and off too quickly.

Problem 2: No Passthrough
This is not really a problem that can be solved, but is more like a warning for all purchasers... this TV cannot pass through 5.1 Surround from HDMI to Optical Out. Meaning if you have your Computer hooked up via HDMI to the TV, and then TOSLINKed to the receiver, you only get 2.0. You have to plug everything into the receiver for this to work (my receiver isn't that new), or run another Coax/toslink from the computer to the TV. It is detailed here under Jim the Administrator's 2nd post found in the toshiba forums under /t5/Televisions/new-tv-dolby-digital-not-working-through-optical-audio-output/td-p/141658 (I can't post links because I don't have 5 posts, so you are going to have to google it, sorry.)

Can someone help me with Problem 1? as problem 2 is more just research that a wall hit me with. I am really at my wits end, and I hope I am not losing anymore hair or sleep over this.

Thanks,
aelc
Old 11-10-2014, 06:31 PM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Think mine just died!

Hi Everyone,

I picked up this TV back in 2012 and was very happy with it, had a couple small issues with it originally but got most of that sorted out eventually.

Recently had pretty much stopped using it for anything other than a standard TV, and for Netflix.

All the other smart features are pretty much useless, and hardly worth any real effort using.

The picture has alway's been awesome though.

However today I think it kicked the bucket.

It is stuck in a constant "boot" mode, with the Red TOSHIBA logo up, and a flashing green LED.
It eventually blacks out, and repeats the process.

I googled and found a few ppl saying that the 6200's have problems with Main boards dying and it sounds like thats what it might be.
Tried unplugging it, tried to USB flash it to see if i could maybe wake it out of a constant boot, but no success.

Luckily i did buy a 4 year extended warranty for this set, but cost me $220.
I contacted Toshiba but don't expect anything from them.

I know that you can replace the main board and found a few ppl that had success in that regard.
They run around $150USD on Ebay.

Just thought id post about this maybe some owners have similar issues or may in the future.

Will keep post again when this TV is either repaired or recycled lol
Old 11-12-2014, 01:21 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dukiex View Post
Hi Everyone,

I picked up this TV back in 2012 and was very happy with it, had a couple small issues with it originally but got most of that sorted out eventually.

Recently had pretty much stopped using it for anything other than a standard TV, and for Netflix.

All the other smart features are pretty much useless, and hardly worth any real effort using.

The picture has alway's been awesome though.

However today I think it kicked the bucket.

It is stuck in a constant "boot" mode, with the Red TOSHIBA logo up, and a flashing green LED.
It eventually blacks out, and repeats the process.

I googled and found a few ppl saying that the 6200's have problems with Main boards dying and it sounds like thats what it might be.
Tried unplugging it, tried to USB flash it to see if i could maybe wake it out of a constant boot, but no success.

Luckily i did buy a 4 year extended warranty for this set, but cost me $220.
I contacted Toshiba but don't expect anything from them.

I know that you can replace the main board and found a few ppl that had success in that regard.
They run around $150USD on Ebay.

Just thought id post about this maybe some owners have similar issues or may in the future.

Will keep post again when this TV is either repaired or recycled lol
Mine died as well (I hope it's just the mainboard). Same conditions as you described yours (TOSHIBA red logo and blinking green on the led indicator). Looking at ebay, it seems straightforward (just like replacing a mother board on a pc) to fix this. I might just get one from ebay and go from there.
Old 11-12-2014, 10:39 PM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by parapudaw View Post
Mine died as well (I hope it's just the mainboard). Same conditions as you described yours (TOSHIBA red logo and blinking green on the led indicator). Looking at ebay, it seems straightforward (just like replacing a mother board on a pc) to fix this. I might just get one from ebay and go from there.
I am waiting on appointment for mine to be looked at under warranty.

Im kinda pissed about the whole scenario.

If they repair it, it means i paid $220 for a warranty, that ended up being a repair cost.
Then im stuck with a "Repaired" Tv most likely with no real warranty, maybe something on the repair I guess.

What im kinda hoping is maybe they will replace the tv, which means id get my full price back in credit towards one which would give me a larger newer tv than what i got 3 years ago. At least im getting real value for my warranty.

and...

I just had a scenario where i had a couch replaced under warranty, they replaced my couch with the same exact couch, but let me keep my old one, the old one still was fine to use, and we had no real use for it anywhere else, so just kept the old one, sold the new one lol

If they replace my tv and let me keep the old broken one I will probably look into repairing it myself with a Mainboard replacement, that would be awesome.

So if you go ahead with a mainboard on yours and it works, id be interested in finding out how straight forward it was, and what kinda cost in time and part it was in the end.
Old 11-13-2014, 11:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dukiex View Post
I am waiting on appointment for mine to be looked at under warranty.

Im kinda pissed about the whole scenario.

If they repair it, it means i paid $220 for a warranty, that ended up being a repair cost.
Then im stuck with a "Repaired" Tv most likely with no real warranty, maybe something on the repair I guess.

What im kinda hoping is maybe they will replace the tv, which means id get my full price back in credit towards one which would give me a larger newer tv than what i got 3 years ago. At least im getting real value for my warranty.

and...

I just had a scenario where i had a couch replaced under warranty, they replaced my couch with the same exact couch, but let me keep my old one, the old one still was fine to use, and we had no real use for it anywhere else, so just kept the old one, sold the new one lol

If they replace my tv and let me keep the old broken one I will probably look into repairing it myself with a Mainboard replacement, that would be awesome.

So if you go ahead with a mainboard on yours and it works, id be interested in finding out how straight forward it was, and what kinda cost in time and part it was in the end.
This is the sad part, hard to admit but in all honesty this TV is a lemon. I didn't get the extended warrranty at BB which I was being offered for $300 on the initial purchase. Then the TV died, googled around the issue and most of it was pointing to the mainboard. Called an authorized repair shop in the city and it's exactly the same the same thought that they have since the panel is working (I can still see the TOSHIBA red logo)

At this point I can spend $180 at ebay for the mainboard and do it myself or send it to the repair shop for more than $180. I'm leaning on the first one for the obvious reason that the main board has a high rate of failure. If my ebay/DIY will be successful, then I might get another board just just in case.

I'll update this thread once I have the parts and stuff.
Old 11-29-2014, 11:55 AM

About to order the mainboard, but just for the heck of it I plugged back the TV and turn it on again. Toshiba logo appeared, blinking led green is up and after 20 seconds the logo disappeared. Thinking it's normal and will be coming back again, it didn't but this time the green led turns solid. Display information appeared and lo and behold after pressing the menu button, TVs working again. Pressed Netflix and it's on, no network though. Configured the network, did a network test and it passed. Went to Netflix again and its working again. Kids are happy, wife's happy, I got a mixed emotion though. Stupid TV.

Tags
Toshiba 55 Led 3d Hdtv Cinema Series Smart Tv 55l7200u , Led Hdtv , Lcd Hdtv , Toshiba 47 Inch 47l6200u