The *OFFICIAL* 2012 Toshiba L6200U/L7200U Passive-3D Owner's Thread... - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 392 Old 03-26-2012, 01:28 PM - Thread Starter
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Toshiba released four new, flagship passive-3D LED HDTV models from CES 2012. Press release details can be found at: http://us.toshiba.com/pressrelease/1...age=editorials

LAS VEGAS, CES 2012, LVCC Central Hall Booth #11026 — Jan. 9, 2012 — Toshiba's Digital Products Division (DPD), a division of Toshiba America Information Systems, Inc., today announced an all-new level of 3D Smart TV for 2012. Featuring a full suite of new capabilities including ePortal, MediaGuide, Open Browser, SearchAll, MediaShare, Send & Play, eManual, Tablet Remote App Capability (TRAC), built-in Wi-Fi®, and the dual core CQ Engine™. Toshiba is changing the Smart TV experience.

"Toshiba's new Smart TVs should be called Genius TVs," said Scott Ramirez, vice president of product marketing and development, Toshiba America Information Systems, Inc., Digital Products Division. "Our 2012 premium 3D TVs make discovering, navigating, and organizing content simple, and provide new levels of interaction with network-connected PCs and tablets, making the promise of a truly smart house a reality."

New Features:
  • ePortal with MediaGuide, SearchAll, Open Browser and eManual

Consumers don't just want a good Smart TV, they want a seamless Smart TV experience. Toshiba's new ePortal makes it easy to find and control all elements of the system. The built-in MediaGuide, featuring Rovi data, provides detailed program metadata for unmatched content discovery and organization. SearchAll allows consumers to enter any keyword and automatically search TV channels, streaming video, and the home network for related content. Open Browser gives users access virtually any website and then create bookmarks for favorites. And, eManual puts the owner's manual on screen for quick access to possible questions.

• MediaShare, TRAC Tablet Remote App Capability and Send & Play

Toshiba's new Smart TVs include a new level of interoperability with other network-enabled devices in the home. MediaShare is a simple graphic DLNA® interface that allows the Smart TV to easily access and stream videos, music and photos from other home network devices. TRAC ensures that Toshiba Smart TVs are fully compatible with Android™-based devices. Used in conjunction with a free Toshiba Remote app that will be available in the Android Market, TRAC takes advantage of the full IR code library and IR blaster built into the TV, to provide unique total A/V system control. At the push of a button, the Send&Play app makes it simple to wirelessly share web-based content from a Toshiba Tablet on to Toshiba's Smart TVs via the web browser on the TV.

• Dual Core CQ Engine and Built-in Wi-Fi

Both Toshiba 3D Smart TV Series move to an all-new level of power with the dual core CQ (Cinema Quality) Engine. This 1GHz dual core ARM processor creates superior picture quality with enhanced brightness, sharpness, color saturation and sharpness. In addition, the added power of the CQ Engine ensures a robust smart TV experience with additional connectivity features and increased speed.

• Passive 3D and TriVector 2D to 3D Conversion

Toshiba utilizes Passive 3D Technology to create a fully immerse and comfortable 3D experience. With Passive 3D, consumers can enjoy hours of quality 3D without concerns about bulkier battery operated glasses that need recharging. In addition, with TriVector 2D to 3D Conversion, consumers can watch movies and TV in 3D, and even play standard video games in 3D, all the time. In addition, the TVs come with four pairs of passive 3D glasses.

Cinema Series 3D Smart TV
  • L7200 Series:

For those looking for the best possible experience, Toshiba's premium L7200 Cinema Series LED Smart 3D TV takes cosmetic design, picture quality and connectivity to all new levels. Full HD 1080p resolution high-quality panels ensure amazing 2D and 3D picture quality and detail, while ClearScan™ 240Hz technology minimizes blurring in fast motion video and Local Dimming provides deep contrast.

In addition, L7200 Cinema Series includes two-way ported speakers enhanced by the Audyssey® Premium Suite, which creates deeper bass and blocks distortion at louder volumes, while equalizing the softest and loudest sounds to the dynamic range of the audio system. The TVs also feature Toshiba's first-ever Aero™ bezel-less design, bringing the picture right to the edge of the glass for an amazing viewing experience as well as an elegant black glass table stand.

The L7200 Cinema Series features a full host of connectivity options including 4 HDMI ports, two USB video ports and an HD PC input. The Smart TV also comes with a full-size wireless keyboard for easy web navigation. The L7200 Cinema Series will be available in 47- and 55-inch class screen sizes.

3D Smart TV
  • L6200 Series:

The combination of Toshiba's Aero bezel-less design, immersive passive 3D, and robust Smart TV capabilities makes the L6200 Series hard to beat. The Smart 3D TVs feature 1080p Full HD panels with ClearScan 120Hz technology for great picture quality and detail and the Audyssey premium sound enhancement suite for increased bass and improved sound clarity. The L6200 Series will be available in 42-, 47- and 55-inch class screen sizes.

Pricing and Availability:
  • L6200U:

42L6200U - TBA
    47L6200U - TBA
    55L6200U - TBA
  • L7200U:

47L7200U - TBA
    55L7200U - TBA

The Toshiba L7200 Cinema Series and L6200 3D Smart TVs will be available in March 2012. Pricing will be unveiled closer to availability. Both products will be sold at major retailers, e-tailers and direct from Toshiba at ToshibaDirect.com.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 392 Old 03-28-2012, 11:30 AM - Thread Starter
Advanced Member

These new Toshiba TVs are the most affordable bezel-less TVs you can find. Some sample pictures can be found at:

http://www.akascope.com/2012/01/09/t...tvs-beautiful/

Tell me how you think they look.
post #3 of 392 Old 03-31-2012, 10:49 AM - Thread Starter
Advanced Member

repost...
post #4 of 392 Old 04-04-2012, 09:33 PM

Liked: 10
May be a pricing error but it's showing $991 on Toshiba's site. I'm brand new so it won't let me post the url but just search for it on slickdeals.
post #5 of 392 Old 04-07-2012, 07:13 PM
AVS Special Member

I'm about to receive ownership of this beauty real soon

I purchased the 47" 6200 version online for $897 and am expecting delivery sometime in the coming weeks.

Will update everybody on all the features and PQ and SQ when i get it.
post #6 of 392 Old 04-08-2012, 01:45 AM - Thread Starter
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by SurfingMatt27 View Post

I purchased the 47" 6200 version online for $897 and am expecting delivery sometime in the coming weeks.

I believe we knew each other in the CRT forum section, and you had the Sony 34hs420 before. Tell us how this new Toshiba look when you receive it.
post #7 of 392 Old 04-08-2012, 03:47 AM

Liked: 15
Quote:

Can you also test the input lag?
post #8 of 392 Old 04-08-2012, 04:08 AM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 66 Post(s)
Liked: 30
Whos making the panels for these toshiba ?
post #9 of 392 Old 04-08-2012, 08:17 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by InYourEyes View Post

I believe we knew each other in the CRT forum section, and you had the Sony 34hs420 before. Tell us how this new Toshiba look when you receive it.

Yes it's me from the old CRT Sony 34hs420 forum, been a long time lurker lately just haven't posted much that's all, mostly been lurking here for the past few years.

And yes i'll be sure to keep everybody up to date with this model Toshiba, i bought it for a great price,and it's one of the few models actually made by Toshiba so it's the real deal.
post #10 of 392 Old 04-08-2012, 08:24 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ruudboek View Post

Can you also test the input lag?

Sure thing! I intend to test gaming whole heartely and Blu-ray, cable tv and DVD testing to put this Toshiba through the paces. Anyone that knows me from the old Sony 34HS420 thread knows that i'm very detail oriented in my tv research findings and i'm sure i will help plenty of people with their picture settings and findings like i've done in the past.

The tv is coming soon in about a week in a half, so when i get it i'll put it through the paces for anyone interested in this particular model, and hopefully my findings will be of use to everyone.
post #11 of 392 Old 04-08-2012, 08:29 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by joehonest View Post

I know for certain that this tv is a real Toshiba, per my friend InYourEyes, but as for the panel i'm not 100% sure. Does Toshiba make it's own panels?
post #12 of 392 Old 04-08-2012, 09:37 AM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 66 Post(s)
Liked: 30
Quote:

I know for certain that this tv is a real Toshiba, per my friend InYourEyes, but as for the panel i'm not 100% sure. Does Toshiba make it's own panels?

NO, Toshiba doesn't, which is why there QC is so poor....
post #13 of 392 Old 04-08-2012, 11:14 AM - Thread Starter
Advanced Member

Quote:

It's one of the few models actually made by Toshiba so it's the real deal.

I'm not so sure as Toshiba has continued to get worse every year since the last six years when Toshiba first outsourced 85% of their CRT tube television models to Orion in Thailand. Recently, the news say that Toshiba had sold their last TV factory in Mexico to Compal Electronics, a Taiwanese maker, on July 2011. It's a similar situation to Sony in 2008 when Sony sold their last TV plant in Mexico to Hon Hai Foxconn.

But my understanding is that Toshiba will use Toshiba-made parts for only the L6200/L7200 models in this shared Compal-owned TV plant. All the other Toshiba models sold in stores are Compal-made televisions.
post #14 of 392 Old 04-08-2012, 11:14 AM - Thread Starter
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by joehonest View Post

Toshiba is using LG Displays panel for this model.

Previously, Toshiba used Chi-Mei, Samsung, Sharp, and LG panels. Chi-Mei was the worst. Toshiba has never made a LCD panel.

post #15 of 392 Old 04-08-2012, 02:34 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 18 Post(s)
Liked: 86
I don't have much faith in any new Toshiba sets. All their stuff has been disappointing over the past couple of years and they seem to neglect the NA market, and either have poor distribution or just a poor relationship with vendors in general. The last Toshiba set I really liked was the SV670U, which came out the same year I returned two XV645 sets for being defective. IMO even the TL515 didn't look very good even after trying to adjust it, not to mention when I tried 3D it was rife with crosstalk.

ht Panasonic TC-P60ZT60, Monitor Audio: Silver RX6, RX Centre, Radius 90HD; Martinlogan Dynamo 700, Marantz SR5006, PS3, Oppo BDP-103D
2ch Marantz PM8004, Sony BDP-S1000ES, JVC T-X3 tuner, Monitor Audio Silver RX1, REL T3, Apple TV, Peachtree Audio DAC•iT
lr Panasonic 50ST60, Sony BDP-S5100
post #16 of 392 Old 04-08-2012, 04:17 PM
AVS Special Member

Well bad news on my part.. My order was canceled because it was out of stock, and the price hiked back up to $1450

I may be looking at another tv after all, possibly Sony or Sharp.
post #17 of 392 Old 04-09-2012, 10:39 AM - Thread Starter
Advanced Member

Quote:

Well bad news on my part.. My order was canceled because it was out of stock, and the price hiked back up to $1450

I may be looking at another tv after all, possibly Sony or Sharp.

Sorry to hear you go. This particular model has a MSRP of $1,199.99. Price will eventually drop by summertime.
post #18 of 392 Old 04-09-2012, 10:44 AM
AVS Special Member

i was thinking about what you said about Toshiba of recently also with their quality and stance going down, also made me begin to think i should look at other brands.
post #19 of 392 Old 04-09-2012, 11:14 AM - Thread Starter
Advanced Member

Quote:

i was thinking about what you said about Toshiba of recently also with their quality and stance going down, also made me begin to think i should look at other brands.

You do own a Toshiba 40RV525U 40" LCD, right? Do you like it? This one was an outsourced Toshiba TV model, and it's manufactured by Compal in China. Surprise???

If you like it, I see no reason why you need to leave Toshiba, assuming you think Compal is a good TV manufacturer. 95% of Toshiba TVs sold in stores right now are made by Compal, and Compal is a fast-growing company that continues to get better every year.

I used to own a Toshiba 40FT1U 40" LCD that I already returned, also made by Compal, and the built-in speakers had trouble going loud enough. It's a poor replacement to my Toshiba-made 37LX96 LCD, which I bought in 2006.
post #20 of 392 Old 04-09-2012, 11:53 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

You do own a Toshiba 40RV525U 40" LCD, right? Do you like it? This one was an outsourced Toshiba TV model, and it's manufactured by Compal in China. Surprise???

If you like it, I see no reason why you need to leave Toshiba, assuming you think Compal is a good TV manufacturer. 95% of Toshiba TVs sold in stores right now are made by Compal, and Compal is a fast-growing company that continues to get better every year.

I used to own a Toshiba 40FT1U 40" LCD that I already returned, also made by Compal, and the built-in speakers had trouble going loud enough. It's a poor replacement to my Toshiba-made 37LX96 LCD, which I bought in 2006.

I actually gave that to my brother and his girlfriend, it's been serviced though 2 times, for a bad panel and a circuit board replacement but otherwise it's been working ok for them since the repairs.
post #21 of 392 Old 04-09-2012, 12:37 PM - Thread Starter
Advanced Member

Quote:

I actually gave that to my brother and his girlfriend, it's been serviced though 2 times, for a bad panel and a circuit board replacement but otherwise it's been working ok for them since the repairs.

Talk about Compal quality? My 2006 Toshiba-made 37LX96 is still going strong and trouble-free for 6 years now, and even the DVD player slot at the side continues to be trouble-free.
post #22 of 392 Old 04-10-2012, 07:05 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 16 Post(s)
Liked: 40
Toshiba sure neglected larger screen sizes.
post #23 of 392 Old 04-10-2012, 02:26 PM

Quoted: 5 Post(s)
As of the date of this posting, April 10, 2012 I have not seen either of these 2012 Toshiba models in brick and motar store in-person yet.

I'm wondering if the "Tri-Vector 2-D to 3-D" conversion works well, especially with these passive 3-D displays. I'm interesting in hearing the other poster's observations.

Specifications on Toshiba "dot" com are impressive and the MSRp will probably result in a decent street-price.

Other competitor's passive 3-D displays are under-whelming and the competitor's 2-D to 3-D conversion typically are almost imaginary. (just my opinion, YMMV).
post #24 of 392 Old 04-13-2012, 09:46 AM
AVS Special Member

Well after carefull consideration and more in depth research between other model tv's, i've finally gave in and bought one of these off Amazon, specifically the HighDefinition Store.

So i should get the Toshiba 47" 6200U delivered within 2 weeks, they are out of stock right now, but i got a phonecall this afternoon saying another shipment is in next week and was asked if i'm still interested or would like to cancel.

The guy i spoke to Tom seemed really cool and laid back, they even throw in a 3' HDMI cable for free!.
post #25 of 392 Old 04-13-2012, 10:06 AM - Thread Starter
Advanced Member

Quote:

Well after carefull consideration and more in depth research between other model tv's, i've finally gave in and bought one of these off Amazon, specifically the HighDefinition Store.

So i should get the Toshiba 47" 6200U delivered within 2 weeks, they are out of stock right now, but i got a phonecall this afternoon saying another shipment is in next week and was asked if i'm still interested or would like to cancel.

The guy i spoke to Tom seemed really cool and laid back, they even throw in a 3' HDMI cable for free!.

Good to hear you reconsider the Toshiba L6200U model. This is a really cool looking, bezel-less frame model, and priced lower than many competitors.

What made you purchase another Toshiba, despite you experienced some problems with the 40RV525U you owned before? Was it the video processing circuit that gave great picture quality, or was it the price? Toshiba is famously known for its video processing circuit, despite the outsourcing.

A 3' HDMI cable can be purchased on eBay for 99 cents shipped at anytime. I already purchased three so far. Maybe that's where the retailer bought it from, so they don't mind giving you one for free.
post #26 of 392 Old 04-13-2012, 02:33 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

Good to hear you reconsider the Toshiba L6200U model. This is a really cool looking, bezel-less frame model, and priced lower than many competitors.

What made you purchase another Toshiba, despite you experienced some problems with the 40RV525U you owned before? Was it the video processing circuit that gave great picture quality, or was it the price? Toshiba is famously known for its video processing circuit, despite the outsourcing.

A 3' HDMI cable can be purchased on eBay for 99 cents shipped at anytime. I already purchased three so far. Maybe that's where the retailer bought it from, so they don't mind giving you one for free.

Well what made me choose this Toshiba was even though my past Toshiba tv was most likely a lemon at the time, i liked it's PQ for gaming and Blu-ray and it had great black levels. So what made me most interested in this particular 6200U model was the bezel less design, and the CQ engine processor and upon reading about AU Optronics panels they seem very High quality after reading info from the official AUO website.

So yeah it was a couple of things that made me reconsider, mostly the panel quality, the bezel less design, and the CQ engine processor which should be good for gaming and Blu-ray, and i heard the Audessy Sound system was pretty good which is a plus since i don't have a sound sytem yet but will soon.

This Toshiba looks to be a step up from previous models IMO, and when i get it i'll take pictures and report on it's features and PQ.
post #27 of 392 Old 04-13-2012, 02:56 PM

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Hi everyone, I was just wondering if anyone heard when the 42" version of the L6200U series might be released?
post #28 of 392 Old 04-13-2012, 05:36 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forrest Gump View Post

Hi everyone, I was just wondering if anyone heard when the 42" version of the L6200U series might be released?

it's available on amazon in the HighDefinition Store for $1147. The same place i'm buying the 47" version.
post #29 of 392 Old 04-18-2012, 10:19 AM

Liked: 15
I have quite some high hopes that toshiba is going to be the first decent tv set of 47 inch and larger that is going to give us sub 1 frame (16ms) input lag.
Why?
3 reasons:

1. The 2011 47VL863B was tested by http://www.hdtvtest.co.uk/ to have 16 ms input lag.

2. The features of the Toshiba L6200 series specifically mention the game mode feature:

Gaming mode
Enjoy hair-trigger action on your Toshiba TV with a special setting that reduces game controller delay.

http://us.toshiba.com/tv/3d/42l6200u

3. The CQ engine is dual core. I've red somewhere that that could benefit reduction of inputlag a lot.

Also the 3d on the L6200 is passive, which means barely any crosstalk, so no headaches. It might even make 3d gaming doable.

If only black levels have improved, that was a big problem on the 2011 47VL863B.
post #30 of 392 Old 04-18-2012, 12:57 PM
AVS Special Member

Still waiting for my 47" 6200U to be shipped, hopefully i'll get mine next week. I hope we see some reviews on the proffesional sites soon. i'm anxious to see how it performs compared to other tv's.
Reply LCD Flat Panel Displays

Tags
Toshiba 55 Led 3d Hdtv Cinema Series Smart Tv 55l7200u , Led Hdtv , Lcd Hdtv , Toshiba 47 Inch 47l6200u
Gear in this thread

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page