Any owner's of LG LM6200? - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 16 Old 03-31-2012, 05:46 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 11
I am particularly interested in the 65" version of this model. Wanted to know if there are any owner's of this set. Also want to mention that I think I found a great deal on the 55" version. Fry's has it listed online for $1199.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 16 Old 03-31-2012, 06:18 PM

Liked: 10
I ordered 65LM6200 for $500 less than going price with a free Bluray player at buydig.com couple of days back. Will post my feedback when I get mine.
post #3 of 16 Old 03-31-2012, 07:23 PM - Thread Starter

I know Fry's had the 65" for $2897. Did you get a lower price than that? Oh please post impressions of this TV, I am either getting this or a 70" Sharp. Those low Sharp prices are starting to tempt me.
post #4 of 16 Old 04-01-2012, 06:53 AM

I bought the 55LM6200 yesterday it was a bundle Blu Ray and Glasses. So far excellent picture after minor tweaks. I am still learning and I am trying to figure out how to adjust the Tru Motion 120hrz ,cant find the menu option for it. Very impressed with the picture. More soon.
post #5 of 16 Old 04-01-2012, 07:11 AM - Thread Starter

From what I have gathered from other posts by owners of the other TV they do not have that option for the tru motion. I do not know if anyone has asked if it was by design or needs some type of firmware upgrade to fix. If you do not mind can you post your impressions in the official thread in the 3d forum.
post #6 of 16 Old 04-01-2012, 01:01 PM

Liked: 15
@ M6SCOTT, how is the screen uniformity on this model? any flashlighting or clouding on dark screen or during night time viewing?
post #7 of 16 Old 04-01-2012, 04:56 PM

Well so far the picture is great you can fiddle with adjustments to fine tune it .I am having an issue with the Blue ray on 3D movies and after talking to LG I think the HDMI cable is not good enough but not sure. The said the update over wi fi must not have taken so they are sending me a CD. When playing a 3D movie it starts to play then blanks out and says no signal? I may return the HDMI cable and get another one. The Audio thru my old receiver is good on optical but I am not getting 5.1. LG said this TV and Blue ray use PCM audio so I wont see the 5.1? I really need to find a way now to see the settings in my receiver but now I don't have any video source that can be connected to the receiver.
post #8 of 16 Old 04-02-2012, 12:12 AM

I set up my 55LM6200 today. It's a nice set, and I got a great deal on it, but....see below. I was going to start the official owners' thread but am not sure if I'm keeping it.

For reference, I'm coming from a Philips 42" TV that I bought back in 2006. I have a Windows Media Center PC, an Xbox 360, an Apple TV, and, just for fun, I hooked up my HD-DVD player.

Some notes:

- Unfortunately, I see slight uniformity and flashlighting issues. Uniformity isn't bad at all, but there is one leak on the left edge of the screen which really bugs me during a black screen or dark scene. Otherwise, the picture looks good out of the box.

- Still getting used to the glossy screen after having a matte screen for the past six years. It's a bit unnerving to see my own reflection during a dark scene. My living room does not get a whole lot of daylight.

- No options for changing TruMotion as far as I can see. I've seen the soap opera effect on other TVs, but I don't see it here.

- The built-in sound seems passable, but I only tried it for a few minutes before hooking up my stereo. I am running the TV's optical out (Toslink) into my receiver. I hear some occasional digital static, but I am unsure whether this the TV's fault.

- Wifi connects great to both my 802.11g and 802.11n WPA2-protected networks, and seems fast.

- I set up my Harmony remote and the Logitech software recognized the TV model number, but it doesn't control the apps part of the TV. The Harmony does switch inputs and power toggle the TV.

- The Magic Remote works okay, but it's a little buggy. It works somewhat like a Wii remote, but there doesn't seem to be a constant center point like on the Wii so you can orient your movement. Sometimes the cursor disappears for a couple of seconds and resets itself in the middle of the screen, as if the TV loses the location tracking and starts over. Also, if you leave the remote on your couch or table and then bump it, the cursor appears. Finally, I keep accidentally hitting down on the scrollwheel, and it keeps asking me if I want to switch to the TV input, which is annoying.

- Apps are cool, but a bit laggy. The UI is not as smooth as Apple TV, but you can do more. Netflix and YouTube work fine. No Amazon Instant Video app. The MOG music application surprisingly isn't personalized - it does not show your own playlists/favorites, only things like editor's picks and new releases. The Facebook app only lets you see 14 updates at a time, and shows posts from users whom you've hidden. Twitter has the same restriction with 35 posts.

- The stand is flat black plastic, not silver-ish as it looks in the product photos. The TV does swivel on the stand.

- Comes with 6 pairs of 3D glasses, and there are demo apps. I cannot see 3D, but my friend seemed to enjoy it.

- It's a lot lighter and thinner than my old TV!

- Firmware is version 3.02.83 and there were no updates available when I checked.

Two things that would make this set a keeper:

- Getting rid of this one light leak. Would this lessen or go away over time?

- Being able to control apps with the Harmony remote. Don't need to replicate the cursor function, just be able to navigate and select options.
post #9 of 16 Old 04-03-2012, 10:23 AM

I recently purchased the 42LM6200, and I'm seeing some of the same issues as rightonbro, so I'm pretty sure it will be going back.

Picture looks great, but not overly impressed with the remote. I see what they're trying to do with it, but for me it doesn't quite work. Specifically, is there some easy way to pause a program with this thing when watching a movie on Vudu or similar? The interface is really no better than watching netflix on the wii... You have to wiggle the remote and then wait for the menu to come up along the bottom, and then move the pointer over to the pause button. A few dedicated buttons for the major functions would have been nice -- perhaps though I'm asking too much and none of the "smart" tv's allow that sort of direct control from the remote.

I'm also not overly fond of a pointer showing up in the middle of my screen anytime I want to do anything including something as simple as changing the volume or channel.

I've also seen the weird issues where the pointer seems to get "confused" from time to time and I have to wiggle the remote back and forth a few times to get it to reset.

Also, wasn't this remote supposed to have some sort of voice recognition or something now too, or was that only on certain models that aren't this one? I mean if I could just tell the damn thing, "PAUSE" when I wanted to pause a streamed movie, that would actually work pretty well!

Last, but not least there's a bit of light bleed near the top left of my set. Not enough to cause me to return it alone, but another thing to add to the list.

I must be the only person on the planet that finds 3D to be more of a gimmick than anything I actually want to use. I'm sure this set does as good of a job as other similar TV's in this area, but I still don't really see the draw of 3D except perhaps to keep kids entertained.
post #10 of 16 Old 04-08-2012, 01:45 PM

Where's the trumotion setting????!!! I can't find the option under settings , Advanced control,....anywhere. I called LG and they were useless. Please help!!
post #11 of 16 Old 04-26-2012, 12:41 PM

I think only the 65LM6200 has trumotion menu settings from what I've read. I just purchased the set and it has it. For some reason they left it off the smaller models. Not sure why. I did have a 8x12 inch area in the lower right quadrant of the screen with some clouding but massaged with microfiber cloth and problem seems to be gone. I would use the Monster Cleaning kit and clean/massage the whole screen, focusing solely on areas with flashlighting and clouding, it may help the problem. Also, if you haven't already and are able to, try mounting the set on the wall with a wall mount. I've read in the LW6500 thread several users that did so and it drastically improved or eliminated the flashlighting and/or clouding problems they experienced. Let me know if you guys have any luck.

Home Theater Addict, Techno Geek, IT Guy and Miami Sports fan!
Here is the breakdown:
post #12 of 16 Old 04-30-2012, 04:29 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 148 Post(s)
Liked: 340
Quote:
Originally Posted by jscott70 View Post

I think only the 65LM6200 has trumotion menu settings from what I've read. I just purchased the set and it has it. For some reason they left it off the smaller models. Not sure why. I did have a 8x12 inch area in the lower right quadrant of the screen with some clouding but massaged with microfiber cloth and problem seems to be gone. I would use the Monster Cleaning kit and clean/massage the whole screen, focusing solely on areas with flashlighting and clouding, it may help the problem. Also, if you haven't already and are able to, try mounting the set on the wall with a wall mount. I've read in the LW6500 thread several users that did so and it drastically improved or eliminated the flashlighting and/or clouding problems they experienced. Let me know if you guys have any luck.

How are you liking it? I'm interested in this set, 65" only. Can't seem to find much info on it.

Thanks

Klipsch RF-62II, RC-500, RS-400, SVS PC12+,
Def Tech SC8000
Harman Kardon AVR 1600
PS3, Apple TV, Sharp 70" Qattron
post #13 of 16 Old 05-02-2012, 08:30 PM

Liked: 15
Quote:
Originally Posted by thachaz View Post

Where's the trumotion setting????!!! I can't find the option under settings , Advanced control,....anywhere. I called LG and they were useless. Please help!!

It's a known issue which is to be resolved this month. Here is some detail which will answer your question:

http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/showthread.php?t=1408659
post #14 of 16 Old 05-15-2012, 06:41 PM

Can someone who owns this set start an official XXLM6200 thread?

Also, does anyone know if there are any settings for the optical out on this TV. Are you able to set the optical out to LPCM?

Thanks
post #15 of 16 Old 05-21-2012, 06:12 AM

surma884, I started the official thread here:

http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/showthread.php?t=1411542

There are two settings I see for Digital Optical Out:
- Auto
- PCM

I have the TV sending audio to my old Onkyo receiver, and I use Auto.
post #16 of 16 Old 05-23-2012, 05:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rightonbro View Post

surma884, I started the official thread here:

http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/showthread.php?t=1411542

There are two settings I see for Digital Optical Out:
- Auto
- PCM

I have the TV sending audio to my old Onkyo receiver, and I use Auto.

Excellent! Thanks.
Reply LCD Flat Panel Displays

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page