Samsung UN55ES6100FXZA - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Baselworld is only a few weeks away. Getting the latest news is easy, Click Here for info on how to join the Watchuseek.com newsletter list. Follow our team for updates featuring event coverage, new product unveilings, watch industry news & more!

Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 20 Old 04-02-2012, 07:20 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Bought this display on Friday. A long overdue upgrade from a Sony rear projection. But as easy as the Sony was to calibrate...this one is equally as hard. Way too many auto-correct settings. Any calibrate this set yet and care to share the settings?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 20 Old 04-02-2012, 08:22 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 18 Post(s)
Liked: 22
Quote:
Originally Posted by InsuranceWhiz View Post

Bought this display on Friday. A long overdue upgrade from a Sony rear projection. But as easy as the Sony was to calibrate...this one is equally as hard. Way too many auto-correct settings. Any calibrate this set yet and care to share the settings?

I have a 46ES6100 being delivered tomorrow. I would turn off as much of that stuff as you can and then calibrate with a good disc.....should get you close.

-KevinEpson 5020UB 1080p 3LCD projector/ GIK Acoustic room treatmentsScreen Innovations Black Diamond Zero Edge 1.4 110" 16:9Marantz AV7702 pre/proWyred4Sound 5-channel ampOppo BDP-105/Darbee DarbletJTR 3TX LCRs, Single8 HT-LP surrounds, twin JTR Orbit Shifter LF subwoofers
post #3 of 20 Old 04-02-2012, 08:35 PM - Thread Starter

Will try it. In my limited research I thought some of the settings had benefit. Overall I'm very happy with it.
post #4 of 20 Old 04-02-2012, 08:46 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:

Will try it. In my limited research I thought some of the settings had benefit. Overall I'm very happy with it.

List the specific settings you are talking about. From what I gather, most recommend to turn that stuff off. I'll calibrate and post my settings over the next day or two, as well as what I turned off. Do the same and we'll see how similar we are.

-KevinEpson 5020UB 1080p 3LCD projector/ GIK Acoustic room treatmentsScreen Innovations Black Diamond Zero Edge 1.4 110" 16:9Marantz AV7702 pre/proWyred4Sound 5-channel ampOppo BDP-105/Darbee DarbletJTR 3TX LCRs, Single8 HT-LP surrounds, twin JTR Orbit Shifter LF subwoofers
post #5 of 20 Old 04-03-2012, 07:33 PM - Thread Starter

Haven't had time to really test these settings but here are the initial settings using Avia:

Backlight: 15
Contrast: 95
brightness: 45
sharpness: 50
color: 50
tint: 46

dynamic contrast: off
black tone: off
flesh tone: 0
rgs only: off

color space: custom

red:
red:30
green:0
blue:0

green:
red:0
green:40

blue:
blue:25

gamma:0

color tone: warm 1
digital noise filter: off
mpeg noise filter: off
auto motion: clear
led motion plus: off

Have not had time to truly test these settings but set looks good so far.
post #6 of 20 Old 04-03-2012, 07:49 PM

Liked: 16
Does anyone know if this panel is better than the D6000 from 2011? I have the 55d6000 right now.
post #7 of 20 Old 04-03-2012, 09:11 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:

Haven't had time to really test these settings but here are the initial settings using Avia:

Contrast: 100
brightness: 45
sharpness: 45
color: 50
tint: 50

dynamic contrast: off
black tone: off
flesh tone: 0
rgs only: off

color space: custom

red:
red:35

green:
green:48

blue:
blue:28

gamma:0

color tone: warm 1
digital noise filter: off
mpeg noise filter: off
auto motion: clear
led motion plus: off

Have not had time to truly test these settings but set looks good so far.

Are you in movie mode I assume? And calibrated contrast was really at 100??? I got my 46es6100 delivered at about 6pm but haven't been able to unpack and set up yet. I'll calibrate the best I can soon and throw up my settings. I've got the original video essentials, Avia, DVE HD basics blu, and Spears n Munsil blu................what is considered to be best now for video cal?

post #8 of 20 Old 04-03-2012, 09:21 PM - Thread Starter

I calibrated in Standard. Bumped the contrast down to 95 on edit. Set it as high as it would go within Avia's range. I have no idea what's considered the best disc. I only own Avia. But picture looks very good. Always eager to tweak though.
post #9 of 20 Old 04-03-2012, 09:25 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:

I calibrated in Standard. Bumped the contrast down to 95 on edit. Set it as high as it would go within Avia's range. I have no idea what's considered the best disc. I only own Avia. But picture looks very good. Always eager to tweak though.

When you feel like it, recal in movie mode. I believe it's supposed to be more accurate to begin with and will provide the best calibrated results.

post #10 of 20 Old 04-04-2012, 06:56 PM - Thread Starter

Settings in Movie mode:

Brightness: 50
Sharpness: 50
Color: 50
Tint: 50

Dynamic Contrast: off
Black tone: dark
Flesh tone: 0
RGB only: off
Color Space: Auto
Gamma:0

Color tone: Warm 2
Digital Noise filter: low
MPEG Noise filter: low
Film Mode: off
Auto Motion: clear
LED Motion: off

I doubt these are anywhere near professional settings. But to my untrained eye they look very good.
post #11 of 20 Old 04-04-2012, 07:05 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:

Settings in Movie mode:

Sharpness: 50
Tint: 50

Dynamic Contrast: off
Black tone: dark
Flesh tone: 0
RGB only: off
Color Space: Auto
Gamma:0

Color tone: Warm 2
Digital Noise filter: low
MPEG Noise filter: low
Film Mode: off
Auto Motion: clear
LED Motion: off

I doubt these are anywhere near professional settings. But to my untrained eye they look very good.

Look better than the standard mode cal?

post #12 of 20 Old 04-04-2012, 07:27 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by KevinH View Post

Look better than the standard mode cal?

Hard to say without comparing side to side. Both looked good.

Yours up and running yet?
post #13 of 20 Old 04-04-2012, 07:43 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:

Hard to say without comparing side to side. Both looked good.

Yours up and running yet?

Not yet though I did manage to get it out of the box I think I'll have a good bit of time Friday evening to sit down and put a cal disc in.

post #14 of 20 Old 04-05-2012, 12:28 PM

just want to jump in here also. i picked up a un46es6100 last night. all hooked up. started playing with some settings last night, but not long enough to know if they're "correct" or not. i'll play with it more this weekend, but i look forward to seeing what you guys come up with. (i'm new to this stuff and have a very untrained eye for it.)

thanks!
post #15 of 20 Old 04-05-2012, 12:44 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmt9779 View Post

just want to jump in here also. i picked up a un46es6100 last night. all hooked up. started playing with some settings last night, but not long enough to know if they're "correct" or not. i'll play with it more this weekend, but i look forward to seeing what you guys come up with. (i'm new to this stuff and have a very untrained eye for it.)

thanks!

Jmt, I'd go ahead and invest in a blu version of a calibration disc. DVE or Spears n Munsil etc. You'll use it for many years for your TVs and/or audio systems.....well worth it. It'll get you the best cal you can get short of hiring an ISF professional.

post #16 of 20 Old 04-05-2012, 12:47 PM - Thread Starter

post #17 of 20 Old 04-05-2012, 01:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by KevinH View Post

Jmt, I'd go ahead and invest in a blu version of a calibration disc. DVE or Spears n Munsil etc. You'll use it for many years for your TVs and/or audio systems.....well worth it. It'll get you the best cal you can get short of hiring an ISF professional.

Yeah, I just did a quick google search and they're cheap, so I'll try to pick one up locally this weekend if I can. If not, I may order one next week. Thanks!
post #18 of 20 Old 04-04-2013, 11:54 AM

Samsung Smart TV screen display jittery stuttering hiccup problems.

I have the Samsung Smart TV 55" UN55ES6100FXZA. From day one of setting it up and watching hi-def cable broadcasts, the tv screen experienced jittery problems.

After reading as much blogs and reviews to find the "answers" and tried all suggestion and settings for the "film modes" and "auto motion plus", they do work some, but none worked well enough to my satisfaction.

I remember when watching cable programs on this tv, every now and then I would see a message on the upper right of the screen that says it is "updating", so I'm thinking I do not want to see this, how do I disable it. I found there is no "option" to disable the wi-fi in the menus (I may be mistaken but I have not found this option yet). To make the story short, after disabling the wi-fi, the tv all of a sudden is fast and smooth and responsive!

I have read in another avsforum blog to turn off "SyncPlus" to make the screen run smoother. I did try it and seems to work well. But I still think disabling the wi-fi maybe even better.

For anyone that are experiencing jittery screen display on their Samsung Smart TV, can give these solutions a try.

How to turn off SyncPlus:
Smarthub -> SyncPlus -> Tools-> Samsung SyncPlus Service: Off

How to disable Wi-fi:
Menu -> Network Setting -> (scroll down to bottom of menu) Add Network -> Next -> (here type anything you want ie: 123 or xyz) -> Next -> (select) Open -> Next -> OK

After I "disabled" the Wi-fi on my tv, below are my "current" settings.

Screen: 16:9

Picture: Movie (why not standard? because in standard the tv picture fades in and out due to some sensor and its very annoying)
Backlight: 15 (can adjust this up or down to preference)
Contrast: 85
Sharpness: 50 (I like images that are crisp and sharp)
G50/R50

Advanced Settings -
Dynamic: Off
Black Tone: Off
Flesh Tone: 0
RGB Only Mode: Off
Color Space: Native (I'm not sure what the advantage is if set to "auto")
White Balance: (default)
10p White Balance: Off
Gamma: 0
Expert Pattern: Off
xvYCC: Off
Motion Lighting: Off

Picture Options -
Color Tone: Standard
Digital: Off
Mpeg: Off
Film Mode: Off
Auto Motion Plus: Off
Led Motion Plus: Off

System -
Eco Solution: Off
General:
Game Mode: Off
BD Wide: Off
Menu Transparency: High
Sound Feedback: Off
Panel Lock: Off
Boot Logo: Off
Anynet+ (HDMI-CEC): Off

Sound -
Sound Mode: Standard
Sound Effect:
SRS TruSurround HD: On
SRS TruDialog: Off
Equalizers: (default)
post #19 of 20 Old 05-29-2013, 12:48 PM

(Please refer to my previous post above for more info)

Well, I have updated my Samsung 55" Smart TV UN55ES6100FXZA to firmware 001031, and I am very pleased with the results. The update has drastic improvements on the smoothness of the display while watching cable broadcasts. Below is my "new" changes to my settings, I still have the "wi-fi" and "smarthub" disabled. But I noticed it is still bloody hell trying to watch BBC's "Nightmare Kitchen", it is still very jittery, I think it is the show itself because "Top Gear" shows just fine.

Film Mode: Off
Auto Motion Plus: Off (for those whom enjoys this mode, I noticed the "Standard" setting works very well)

Thank You Samsung!
post #20 of 20 Old 08-16-2013, 03:55 PM

(Please refer to my previous 2 posts above for more info)

I just updated both of my tv's (UN55ES6100 & UN46ES6100) with the latest firmware 001043, and my experience with both tv's while watching cable broadcasts has been very positive. I noticed the overall picture quality and smoothness of motion has been nicely improved. Even the tv show Nightmare Kitchen is much more watchable because it is much smoother in picture quality, but now noticed have some ghosting.

Below are my "new" setting changes on both tv's that seems to work well with this new update. Please note that after "all" the updates has been made, I still have the "wifi" and "smarthub" disabled (please refer to previous posts.)

Picture Settings -
Backlight: 09 or 10 (I prefer 09)
Contrast: 75

Advanced Settings -
Dynamic Contrast: Off
Color Space: Native

Picture Options -
Digital Noise Filter: Off
MPEG Noise Filter: Off
Auto Motion Plis: Off (for those whom enjoys this mode, I noticed "Clear", "Standard", "Smooth" all works very well.)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply LCD Flat Panel Displays

Tags
Samsung Un55es6100 55 Inch 1080p 120 Hz Slim Led Hdtv Black
Gear in this thread