Vizio E320VA vs E321VL & Walmart Incompetence - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 3 Old 04-02-2012, 07:58 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I ordered a Vizio E321VL for store pick up from Walmart. When I picked it up today they gave me a Vizio E320VA instead. I didn't notice until I got it back home and set it up. Haven't tested it much but so far don't have any complaints about it's performance and the specs seem pretty similar. Is one better than the other? Do you think it's worth going back to the store to get the right one, if they even have it?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 Old 04-07-2012, 08:19 AM

I saw these side by side yesterday. They were playing store style video rather than OTA, which would have made comparisons much more meaningful.

E320VA is cheaper and I expect older. It is fluorescent backlight and thicker. It has rear-firing speakers at the bottom.

E321VL is edge LED backlit and thinner. The E321VL has a hump at the bottom in profile. That seemed to be a downside for a wall mount tilted down. That hump seemed to be the rear-firing speakers. Side by side the E321VL audio was a little ahead of the E320VA audio. That seems to me to indicae that the E321VL has a faster processor.

To my non-expert eye, the E320VA picture looked at least as good. I was leaning toward the E320VA for wall mounting, since the forward firing speakers seemed to make more sense.
post #3 of 3 Old 04-07-2012, 02:50 PM - Thread Starter

Thanks for the reply but I think you were comparing a different model. The E320VA and E321VL both have fluorescent backlighting. Their dimensions are pretty close though the E321VL is a couple inches taller and a couple pounds heavier. The E320VA has a little bump out in the front for the speakers, the E321VL doesn't have a bump front or back. Price is the same on the Vizio site but Walmart doesn't list the E320VA on it's website so I don't know if they were the same there or in the store.

http://www.vizio.com/e320va.html

http://www.vizio.com/e321vl.html
Reply LCD Flat Panel Displays

Tags
Vizio E320va 32 Inch Class Lcd Hdtv Black
Gear in this thread

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page