Trying to tune up a Sceptre X405BV-FHD from Wal-Mart - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 2 Old 04-03-2012, 02:10 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Has anyone tweaked their Sceptre X405BV-FHD colors? I picked up one from WalMart for $300 and it is a decent TV, but the coloring seems off (and i tried to mess with it myself). Anyone out there have some picture settings for it they liked?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 Old 04-15-2012, 12:45 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 15
Quote:
Originally Posted by toozie21 View Post

Has anyone tweaked their Sceptre X405BV-FHD colors? I picked up one from WalMart for $300 and it is a decent TV, but the coloring seems off (and i tried to mess with it myself). Anyone out there have some picture settings for it they liked?

Other than setting the temp to cool, I didn't have to tweak mine at all as it was great out of the box. I finally did make some small tweaks using the "set up" option on the Wall-E Blu. Nothing major though. Like I said, looked great out of the box.

Also, FWIW, I bought this set the day it went on sale for $299. The night before, my Sony KDS55A300 blew up. I'm talking a giant puff of black smoke coming out the back of the set. Needless to say, I was bummed. Got this Sceptre 40" as a temporary set until I decided what to go with, but TBH, I haven't spent much time looking for another TV since I've put this Sceptre set in my old sonys spot, and have spent alot of time enjoying it. It was a fantastic deal, and even more, a fantastic TV. While I would like to have had another TV the same size or bigger than my blown up Sony, I'm not in a rush now, and this temporary Sceptre set is now permanent.
Reply LCD Flat Panel Displays

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page