1Likes

post #871 of 872 Old 10-03-2014, 12:06 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 7 Post(s)
Liked: 14
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChromeJob View Post
I've had to connect my Yamaha DVD-S550 DVD player to my TV as my Yamaha RX-V775 amp won't upscale the 480P output. This has reminded me once again that the Picture options and calibrations (e.g. White Balance, 10 pt white balance in Movie) have to be reset for each and every input (including Smart Apps). Has anyone found a way around this? If the TV loses its settings, that's about 3-4 times I have to set up calibration points. TIA!
I've learned from a friend that if you "rename" the input souces (SOURCES | TOOLS | EDIT NAME), some of the "names" (e.g. PC) will limit some of the picture options under MENU, and reconfigure the display with optimized settings for that type of input. E.g. connect a laptop DP or HDMI out to HDMI, then "rename" the input source from "---" or "AV Receiver" to "PC," and many of the picture options will change. Changing back to the previous "name" seems to restore picture settings you had configured previously.

For those having issues with Dolby Digital audio streams (PCM) from HDMI ARC or SPDIF optical out, I've gotten confirmation from Netflix support that their Smart Hub app has a known problem with drop outs in audio. My Yamaha RXV775 receiver identifies the audio streams a Dolby Digital when in fact it's Dolby Digital+. Audio streams from the Netflix apps on my Chromecast and Panasonic BDT210 are identified correctly by the amp as DD+. Netflix is allegedly working on a fit to their app.

Modest "theater": Samsung UN40ES6150, Panasonic BDT210, Yamaha RXV775. Bose 401 mains, 301 Series III surrounds, Yamaha NS-C444 center.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply LCD Flat Panel Displays

Tags
Samsung , Samsung Un60es6100 60 Inch 1080p 120 Hz Slim Led Hdtv Black , Led Hdtv , Samsung Un55d6000
Gear in this thread