Help a newb! UN55es7500 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 8 Old 04-07-2012, 02:33 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I was watching clash of the titans (HD) on apple TV last night on my Samsung ES7500 and the PQ,for the most part was dazzling!

Some scenes produced, in my opinion inky blacks and good detail.

BUT, I noticed during a part of the closing credits the clouds appeared to look like 'bands(?)', not sure if this is the right term. Is this one of the normal short comings of LED/LCD?

Im still within my 30 day cycle, so I'm trying to do as much demoing as possible, still no GT/VT 50s or pnxxe8000s at BB!!!

I took a look at the st50, but it was mainly playing 3d stuff, so no help there!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 Old 04-07-2012, 06:01 PM

Liked: 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dstew419 View Post

I was watching clash of the titans (HD) on apple TV last night on my Samsung ES7500 and the PQ,for the most part was dazzling!

BUT, I noticed during a part of the closing credits the clouds appeared to look like 'bands(?)', not sure if this is the right term. Is this one of the normal short comings of LED/LCD?

Im still within my 30 day cycle, so I'm trying to do as much demoing as possible, still no GT/VT 50s or pnxxe8000s at BB!!!

I took a look at the st50, but it was mainly playing 3d stuff, so no help there!!

I've had the pne8000 at my best buy for almost a month does the best buy your going to have a magnolia?
post #3 of 8 Old 04-07-2012, 06:17 PM

Liked: 12
hey Dstew419,

Is amazon.com an option for you? They usually have better prices and they probably have what you are looking for in stock. They are the best retailer as far as returns/exchanges hands down.

(Purchased a 40 inch sony (40ex720) in February, had a problem with it and went to exchange it, they didn't have it anymore. Guess what? They sent out a 46 inch (46ex720) no questions asked.)

Good luck dstew - i wish i could help you with your problem but it sounds unfamiliar to me.
post #4 of 8 Old 04-07-2012, 06:27 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 13 Post(s)
Liked: 50
Quote:

Some pictures would be helpful, have you seen it again?
post #5 of 8 Old 04-08-2012, 09:12 AM

Quote:

I think you are talking about color banding, it happens when TVs can't reproduce all gradients of a color or a shade due to panel limitations OR compressed video feed, my Panny GT30 does it on streaming content or Blu Ray rips, but not on actual blu ray discs. Since you streamed your movie, it was most likely apples compression as the bit rates of HD through streaming are no where near as high as from a Blu ray player. This is done so your Internet connection can handle streaming without constantly buffering. ( a typical movie on Blu ray is 15-30 GB, streaming from next flix HD eats about 1.5-2 GB max - that compression essentially takes color info out)

Try watching the same scene on Blu ray disc, you'll be surprised.
post #6 of 8 Old 04-08-2012, 09:47 AM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by dmeech10 View Post

I think you are talking about color banding, it happens when TVs can't reproduce all gradients of a color or a shade due to panel limitations OR compressed video feed, my Panny GT30 does it on streaming content or Blu Ray rips, but not on actual blu ray discs. Since you streamed your movie, it was most likely apples compression as the bit rates of HD through streaming are no where near as high as from a Blu ray player. This is done so your Internet connection can handle streaming without constantly buffering. ( a typical movie on Blu ray is 15-30 GB, streaming from next flix HD eats about 1.5-2 GB max - that compression essentially takes color info out)

Try watching the same scene on Blu ray disc, you'll be surprised.

To everyone: thanks for your help/input!

@dmeech10: what you said makes a lot of sense. I forgot to mention that the clouds in the distance appeared fine, it was when they got close that the color banding occurred. To date I have never seen anything like this with any blue ray movie I have played, just with the streamed content.
post #7 of 8 Old 04-08-2012, 08:59 PM

Quote:

To everyone: thanks for your help/input!

@dmeech10: what you said makes a lot of sense. I forgot to mention that the clouds in the distance appeared fine, it was when they got close that the color banding occurred. To date I have never seen anything like this with any blue ray movie I have played, just with the streamed content.

NP, glad to help.

BTW how do you like your ES7500? How does it look in a dark room? (I'm thinking of switching to LED as plasma isn't that great for daytime viewing and was looking at the es7500) The thing I love about my plasma is that blacks are damn near black in a dim room, not sure if LEDs look the same. During the day, since plasma doesn't get bright enough, the blacks/colors look slightly washed out, so I'm looking for a great ALL around TV.
post #8 of 8 Old 12-28-2012, 08:36 AM

1 week back, i bought UN55ES7500. I like the picture very much after tweaking few features. After seeing threads in AVS forum, went home and tested the blank black screen for any light bleeding or screen problem (in a dark room, obsolutely not light). I havent noticed any. Its perfect and then i watched 3d movie almost 1 and 1/2 hour. And then tested again in dark room. Now i could able to see some cloding on screen and then blue light in corners. Down left and down right corners are having more blue light bleeding rather than top corners. Top left corner also bleeding with blue light. I am new to this fourm and new to LCD and LED technology. when i watched 3d and movies from netflix or from usb, i havent noticed any light (i watched movies before this problem occurs, after this problem i havent watched any movie).

I tested the same today morning after 8AM, with some light in room, its quire noticeable with out any picture playing.While watching 3d movie, i havent noticed this problem (ofcourse after watching 3d only i tested)

Now i am scared that if this problem grows, down the line 6 months, i cant return tv. Or i am thinking of exchanding tv rather than return and test again. But no gurantee that new tv works properly. OR ELSE thinking return back.

Anybody can help me to understand this problem whether the problem will occur more after passing by few months or it will go off after some time. OR else any solution for this
Reply LCD Flat Panel Displays

Tags
Samsung Un55es7500 55 Inch 1080p 240 Hz 3d Slim Led Hdtv
Gear in this thread

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page