Official Samsung UNxxES8000 Owners' Thread - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 15 Old 04-09-2012, 07:10 AM - Thread Starter
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 32 Post(s)
Liked: 38
I've decided to start an offical Owners' Thread for the Samsung UNxxES8000 Series TV. Yes, there is already a thread started for the ES8000, but it's not an owners thread. It's basically become a rumor mill, complaint department, and debate between people who don't actually even own the TV. This thread is for people that either own the TV, or are thinking of buying it and have questions.

I should have the 60" Model in the next week or so when Samsung excahnges my current D8000 for the ES8000. I look forward to sharing my experiences and pictures of this tv. Hopefully soon we can have people posting some picture setting reccomendations. Good luck to all current owners and future owners of this TV!!!!

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 15 Old 04-09-2012, 07:30 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 19 Post(s)
Liked: 93
Not only that, there is already a thread like this in existance.
post #3 of 15 Old 04-09-2012, 07:31 AM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
post #4 of 15 Old 04-09-2012, 07:33 AM
AVS Special Member

...and should be deleted.
post #5 of 15 Old 04-09-2012, 07:36 AM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by BoilerJim View Post

Not only that, there is already a thread like this in existance.

Yep, this thread should be locked or deleted.

http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/showthread.php?t=1403960
post #6 of 15 Old 04-09-2012, 07:41 AM - Thread Starter
Advanced Member

Wow. Chill out guys. When I did a search for the ES8000 Owners' Thread, I didn't get any results. I'll edit the title to ES8000.

post #7 of 15 Old 04-09-2012, 07:54 AM

As an actual owner for about 2-3 weeks, I have very recently experienced the TV turning off and on about 5-6 times per hour. Have recently updated firmware to 1015. Have TV running through Denon 2112 receiver via HDMI and signal comes from Comcast 3501 DVR dual tuner. Samsung is coming out for a visit this Thursday. Any suggestions! I am not very technically savy.

Thanks.
post #8 of 15 Old 04-09-2012, 07:58 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by JewDaddy View Post

Wow. Chill out guys. When I did a search for the ES8000 Owners' Thread, I didn't get any results. I'll edit the title to ES8000.

Why edit the title? This thread needs to be closed. The "real" one already has over 500 posts in it. If you did a search, you must have typed something in wrong because it's been hanging around the front page for some time now.

Keeping this thread going is absolutely ridiculous!!! Hope the mods see this soon.
post #9 of 15 Old 04-09-2012, 08:02 AM - Thread Starter
Advanced Member

Quote:

Why edit the title? This thread needs to be closed. The "real" one already has over 500 posts in it. If you did a search, you must have typed something in wrong because it's been hanging around the front page for some time now.

Keeping this thread going is absolutely ridiculous!!! Hope the mods see this soon.

I don't understand why you're so angry about this. If you're talking about the "Official Samsung UNxxES8000 Thread" that's not necessarily an owner's thread. I've been following it and posting in there since it opened. A few people have even made comments that someone should start an "Owners" thread because there were so many people in there posting that don't have the TV. Send me a link to the Official Owners' thread that already has over 500 posts. I would like to see that.

post #10 of 15 Old 04-09-2012, 08:06 AM - Thread Starter
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by gjschwartzman View Post

As an actual owner for about 2-3 weeks, I have very recently experienced the TV turning off and on about 5-6 times per hour. Have recently updated firmware to 1015. Have TV running through Denon 2112 receiver via HDMI and signal comes from Comcast 3501 DVR dual tuner. Samsung is coming out for a visit this Thursday. Any suggestions! I am not very technically savy.

Thanks.

Unfortunately I won't have mine for a couple weeks, so I'm really not sure. Is there any way for you to revert back to the old firmware? Also, have you tried doing a hard reset on the TV? I've always found that to work on Computers and TV's.

post #11 of 15 Old 04-09-2012, 08:06 AM
AVS Special Member

I'm not "angry," just frustrated because there's just so much unnecessary duplication, not just with this thread but with others as well because it's so much easier to start a new thread than look for an existing one that will serve the purpose. I guarantee that you can call it an owners' thread but most posts won't be from owners. They never are.
post #12 of 15 Old 04-09-2012, 08:15 AM - Thread Starter
Advanced Member

Quote:

I'm not "angry," just frustrated because there's just so much unnecessary duplication, not just with this thread but with others as well because it's so much easier to start a new thread than look for an existing one that will serve the purpose. I guarantee that you can call it an owners' thread but most posts won't be from owners. They never are.

I understand. I'm actually guilty of that myself. I've created threads just to ask a question because that seemed easier at the time. I've stopped doing that for the reason you mentioned. I can delete the thread if it truly offends someone but like I said earlier, after following the Official Samsung thread since the beginning, people have bogged it down with bullsh*t. After hearing enough people complain and suggest someone start an actual Owner's thread, I figured I would do it. I realize it won't keep people who don't own the TV out, which is already proven But I was hoping to get a fresh start with this tv and get it on the right track. If the thread goes nowhere in a week or so, I'll just go ahead and delete it. Sorry if I offended anyone.

post #13 of 15 Old 05-07-2012, 07:09 PM

My ES7500 is doing this. Did you ever find a fix?
post #14 of 15 Old 05-07-2012, 07:10 PM

Did you ever find a fix?
post #15 of 15 Old 06-23-2012, 11:04 PM

My new un60es8000 was turning of every 10 min, i discovered the set was not getting along with the d-link DGS-1008G gigabit switch. It was continuously losing network connectivity. when i plugged it into the router supplied by my ISP the rebooting stopped.

I still have nasty jets of light bleed in the 4-corners of the set though... even with tweaking backlight etc.
Reply LCD Flat Panel Displays

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page