Looking for info on Phillips 55PFL5706 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 2 Old 04-09-2012, 05:07 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I was in Costco today and saw they have the Phillips 55PFL5706 55" LCD TV for $880. I'm seriously thinking of buying it. It would replace my Phillips 42PFL7432D 42" which has the screen of a champ and is still going strong but had a few quirks, including a dead HDI port. It's issues are well covered in it's own thread.

I haven't been able to find much info on the Phillips 5705/5706 line of LCD TV's. I did find some info on the 5505 which had decent reviews. If it's a similar panel, it sounds like this has minimal latency and a ton of options. But, that's a big if, since TV's change all the time.

But I watched a bit of this TV in Costco and it had a gorgeous picture. They were playing an HD concert from ZZ Top which was on a black stage with black background and the skin tones and colors contrasting with deep blacks was gorgeous.

Anyway, I'd appreciate if anyone has any information. $880 for a 55" tv with wireless networking, a good color screen, and tons of processing options is really tempting.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 Old 04-28-2012, 06:39 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 100 Post(s)
Liked: 134
I once considered buying 5505. If I recall correctly 5705 was LED version of 5505 and was not considered as good. I assume 5706 is simply 5705 with wifi and apps.

5705 was not a bad TV by any means. 5505 was relatively better, IIRC.
Reply LCD Flat Panel Displays

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page