Samsung UN60ES7500 & PN60E8000 Turns off and on Every 10-15 Mins - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 11 Old 04-13-2012, 06:53 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I am having a issue with my Samsung television turning off and on every 10-15 mins. I am really asking for help as I have been spending countless hours on this and did every possible troubleshooting on this. I first bought and return 2 plasma Samsung PN60E8000 which would turn off and on every 10-15 mins when I am watching TV. I then just switched to a Samsung UN60ES7500 and it is still happening the TV shuts off and on every 15 mins when I have it on. So I am on my 3rd TV and it is still giving me issues.

I have tried different sources, different hdmi cables, different power outlets, different Directv boxes hooked up to it. I have tried everything I can think of and also I am working with some audio guys that are certified Samsung techs and they couldn't figure out the cause of this happening.

Has anyone heard of anything like this happening? Is there anything I should do or should I call geek squad or just return it to best buy again. I am paying these audio guys to set up the TV and I don't want them to do it a fourth time. I am really frustrated and at this point I just want a working TV. Any help or comments is appreciated.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 11 Old 04-13-2012, 07:23 PM

It's been happening with the es8000s, check out the owners thread. No solution yet.
post #3 of 11 Old 04-14-2012, 08:10 PM

A week ago I had a new UN46E6500 delivered to my place, and after some setup, firmware and the like, it started to do the "power down and then start up again" every 10-15 minutes.

I troubleshooted and worked with Samsung tech Support via chat. Samsung said service was needed on the TV (was not in my place more than 10 hours).

A 2nd unit was delivered Thurs. and again after setup and firmware, it is doing the same thing.

Not a happy camper.
post #4 of 11 Old 04-23-2012, 02:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by raislak View Post

A week ago I had a new UN46E6500 delivered to my place, and after some setup, firmware and the like, it started to do the "power down and then start up again" every 10-15 minutes.

I troubleshooted and worked with Samsung tech Support via chat. Samsung said service was needed on the TV (was not in my place more than 10 hours).

A 2nd unit was delivered Thurs. and again after setup and firmware, it is doing the same thing.

Not a happy camper.

Finally worked out with BestBuy to get the UN46D6900 instead. No problems with that at all.

PDH
post #5 of 11 Old 05-07-2012, 07:02 PM

Me too! New ES7500 turning on and off every 5 minutes or so. They replaced it with a new TV and now it is doing the same thing. Any suggestions on what to do? Is this is factory defect?
post #6 of 11 Old 05-29-2012, 05:31 PM

My first es8000 turned off every 5 minutes they changed it

The second one is doing the same after 4 days working properly.

This definetely a Major factory defect, what do we do?

Samsung we need an answer
post #7 of 11 Old 08-27-2012, 07:07 PM

I had the same problem where it turned off and on every seven minutes.

I fixed this by resetting smart hub to its defaults, and resetting the TV to its defaults, done by opening the menu and navigating to the right location. The smarthub reset was probably unnecessary, but I had nothing to lose.

After the reset of the TV, my TV has worked fine.

Hope this helps.
post #8 of 11 Old 08-28-2012, 09:52 AM

It's been happening with the es8000s, check out the owners thread. No solution yet. 51.jpg
post #9 of 11 Old 09-29-2012, 07:13 AM

The "off then on" problem seems to occur in many different Samsung models inculding my week-old lcd 60" 8000 series. But Samsung continues to sell this crap. If you were unfortunate enough to buy one of these gems, there's only one solution; take the damn thing back and avoid another Samsung. Fortunately for me, i'm still in the Best Buy 30-day return window. Others may find themselves in the unfortunate position of the samsung warranty which may involve a service tech not observing the problem and therefore not being repaired. Better yet, your TV could be sent out for a few weeks to a repair center. Ever get anything back from a repair center after a major repair? Fun. And you spent how much for this experience? If you're really lucky, you can experience this apparantly well-known defect while out of warranty. Good luck with that, sucker! In my opinion, Samsung sucks!
post #10 of 11 Old 08-09-2013, 09:39 PM

Yup! I got the same problem with a Samsung PN60e8000. It stated shutting itself down and restarting after a few minutes. I had a Samsun repairman come out to fix it. He charged me $400. It failed right after he left. The Samsung repairman no longer returns my calls. Nor did the second repairman. I have decided I had enough of Samsung.
post #11 of 11 Old 11-21-2013, 12:16 PM

I have been having the same problem, but with screen blurring. Basically when turning on the cable box, smarthub, or at random the screen scrambles in lines and colors then the tv automatically powers down. Afterwards, the system goes into a bootloop and I am forced to unplug the TV. Fortunately, I am still covered by manufacturers warranty. Tevh support referred me to a certified repair shop. They picked it up at my house so I didn't have to deal with transportation myself. All things considered I am pissed but at least Samsung is trying to make it as painless as possible. However, I should note, the tech repair technician said this is a very common problem. He said the main boards simply don't last and burn out. So what happens in 4 months when I am out of support and get stuck with the bill?? mad.gifmad.gifmad.gifmad.gif
Reply LCD Flat Panel Displays

Tags
Samsung , Samsung Un60es7500 60 Inch 3d Slim Led Hdtv , Samsung Pn60e8000 60 Inch Ultra Slim Plasma 3d Hdtv , Lcd Hdtv , Led Hdtv
Gear in this thread

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page