The *OFFICIAL* 2012 Samsung EH4000/EH5000/EH5300 Owner's Thread... - Page 10 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 
post #271 of 2354 Old 08-24-2012, 10:19 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Still no word on the version: HS03 sharp panels yet? All the 40eh5000 I've seen for sale have this version. How do these compare to the other panels?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #272 of 2354 Old 08-24-2012, 10:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chicolom View Post

It would be helpful if people with Txxx panels would check the service menu to see who the vendor is with the instructions I posted above. Axxx should be AUO optronics.
I ordered mine, just waiting now...when arrive im gonna check it and post here
post #273 of 2354 Old 08-24-2012, 11:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mule65 View Post

Here's the label on the back of my 37". Version is AS01 -- is that AUO optronics? I couldn't get into the service menu. I'm really happy with this set. The motion blur is nothing compared to MOST big Sony and Samsungs I've seen.

Try to get into service menu by typing this sequence: MUTE 1 8 2 POWER

I own a Brazilian UN40EH5300G and that is the way to access service menu in it.

In Type value there's a A letter after 40, therefore it must have a Samsung panel, according to chicolom instructions.

I do not have access to it right now, but later I'll check to see which 4-digit version number it is.

post #274 of 2354 Old 08-24-2012, 12:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaioTheBrain View Post

In Type value there's a A letter after 40, therefore it must have a Samsung panel, according to chicolom instructions.
I do not have access to it right now, but later I'll check to see which 4-digit version number it is.

Post here once you checked...

Esperando a minha chegar semana q vem.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Henry Toole View Post

Still no word on the version: HS03 sharp panels yet? All the 40eh5000 I've seen for sale have this version. How do these compare to the other panels?

I´m not sure but it seems to be very good, since sharp is very good brand...can you see motion blur? and things like that?
is there any problem?

if no, you have a good panel...
post #275 of 2354 Old 08-24-2012, 01:25 PM
Advanced Member

Liked: 47
Quote:
Originally Posted by mule65 View Post

Here's the label on the back of my 37". Version is AS01 -- is that AUO optronics? I couldn't get into the service menu. I'm really happy with this set. The motion blur is nothing compared to MOST big Sony and Samsungs I've seen.

Thanks for the Pic. Axxx should be AUO optronics.

SORRY, I posted the wrong instructions for accessing the Service Menu (UK instructions). I'll edit the other post.

Try:

(TV in Standby Mode)
Mute, 1, 8, 2, Power (in rapid succession).

Look under "Type", then look at the letter immediately following the inch size.

Vendor:
A:Samsung
H:Sharp
P:CMI
R:AUO
post #276 of 2354 Old 08-24-2012, 01:35 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:

Thanks for the service menu instruction correction. Please post your 4 digit version later smile.gif
post #277 of 2354 Old 08-24-2012, 03:08 PM

It seems as if there is no hope in determining the panel type without first buying the television. I went to a local Target and the sales associate reported the version number on the box indicated TS04. As best as I can tell that is simply the firmware number and has no connection with the panel type. This was not the TV that was on display, but the one in stock in the back.
post #278 of 2354 Old 08-24-2012, 05:00 PM

How many of you are seeing bad motion handling when gaming in this screen just out of interest?
Thanks
post #279 of 2354 Old 08-24-2012, 06:33 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mychambo View Post

It seems as if there is no hope in determining the panel type without first buying the television. I went to a local Target and the sales associate reported the version number on the box indicated TS04. As best as I can tell that is simply the firmware number and has no connection with the panel type. This was not the TV that was on display, but the one in stock in the back.

There is hope, that version number TS04 is connected with the panel type. Same as the version codes on my big post on the previous page. See my upcoming post below for more details.
post #280 of 2354 Old 08-24-2012, 07:25 PM
Advanced Member

Okay, I did some scouting at Best Buy and HH Gregg and got some good pictures of the labels.

Also, it's looking like the Txxx version is a Samsung panel. At least the UN40EH5000, version TS02, that I saw in the store was (checked in the service menu at the store and it's showing an "A" panel vendor = samsung). I also checked the 39"UN39EH5003 and it showed a Chei Mei panel. A checked some a 46" UN46EH6000 and it had a Version CS01 Chei Mei panel.

Oh, and the version code is on the box label too, which means you can check it without opening it. The sales guy said he could look in the back at the boxes for a specific version for me.

post #281 of 2354 Old 08-25-2012, 09:08 PM

Quote:

Checked it already. It's TS02.

post #282 of 2354 Old 08-25-2012, 09:20 PM

Can anyone tell me about supply on the 40eh5300. Everywhere I look B&M online they are all out of stock. I'd rather buy locally but no one has this set. What gives?

Thanks all,
Joseph
post #283 of 2354 Old 08-26-2012, 04:26 AM

Hi guys, I bought a 46eh5300 last week. The tv is great, but after some testing I notice that the panel uniformity is uneven, with a zone ligther than the other rest of the panel area when showing dark images, and that is very annoying during night. Anyone of you got the same model with the same problem? How is your uniformity? I read that the panel uniformity of EH series is very good due to the direct backlight.

Here's a photo (sorry for the noisy picture).
As you can see, in the lower part of the screen, from middle to right there's a linear zone where the screen is brighter.

I tried every setting, from backlight intensity, to luminosity and contrast, but the effect is still perceptible in a dark room.

Should I return it to the store and check another one?
post #284 of 2354 Old 08-26-2012, 06:18 AM
Advanced Member

^ Hmm, which version do you have? if you don't know how to check that read the previous Page leading up to this one.
post #285 of 2354 Old 08-26-2012, 10:31 AM

Liked: 12
I dont have any uniformity issues on my 32EH5000 id say its 99% uniform.

As for the panel types, I dont think the Samsung panels are the defacto 'better' panels. I had the AU optronics panel on my first set and it handled motion from moving text quite well as compared to the samsung panel I had BUT it did leave some smearing unlike the samsung panel which blurrs the text a bit ( just like how a 2ms TN does ) but does not have any smearing.
post #286 of 2354 Old 08-27-2012, 01:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by darkhacker View Post

Hi guys, I bought a 46eh5300 last week. The tv is great, but after some testing I notice that the panel uniformity is uneven, with a zone ligther than the other rest of the panel area when showing dark images, and that is very annoying during night. Anyone of you got the same model with the same problem? How is your uniformity? I read that the panel uniformity of EH series is very good due to the direct backlight.
Here's a photo (sorry for the noisy picture).
As you can see, in the lower part of the screen, from middle to right there's a linear zone where the screen is brighter.

I tried every setting, from backlight intensity, to luminosity and contrast, but the effect is still perceptible in a dark room.
Should I return it to the store and check another one?

I am sure I can see the reflection of your camera flash in the screen. Try again with the flash set to off, I am sure that is affecting the picture you posted.
cheers,
Ian
post #287 of 2354 Old 08-27-2012, 01:48 AM

nope, no flash in there. It's in the image the dot you see.
post #288 of 2354 Old 08-27-2012, 05:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandozer View Post

I am sure I can see the reflection of your camera flash in the screen. Try again with the flash set to off, I am sure that is affecting the picture you posted.
cheers,
Ian
would be nice if you turn off the lights and take another picture...
post #289 of 2354 Old 08-27-2012, 10:27 AM

I received my UE40EH5000 about two weeks ago which I bought from Amazon, and I'm very happy with it.

I've been using a Pioneer 43" plasma for the past six or so years but have got bored with screen retention, so decided to get a cheap LCD until something better comes along, such as the OLED tvs which are supposed to be released this year.

I'm going to keep the Samsung for four or five years and hopefully OLED will be as good as it's supposed to be, and get one of them then.

I've tried 'P40L0''s calibrated settings (from this forum) and they look good enough for me: The picture quality is sharper than my plasma with better blacks (and I don't have to worry about screen retention anymore).

Sound is good enough for me aswell when watching a bit of tv! I have an Onkyo when I watch a Blu ray.

I can't believe that such a cheap tv has such a good picture!

I'm also happy about the connections being on the back: I was expecting them to be on the side which would not have been great. This must be due to the extra room they have to work with, compared to the 32 inch I guess.

A few questions:

1. Is the tv 24P compatible?

2. I use 'Standard Picture mode' for all inputs, which are calibrated but should I use 'Movie mode' when watching blu ray or a HD movie on one of the HD tv channels. I'm not too sure what to do?

3. In 'Picture option'/ 'film mode'/ - What is the difference between 'auto 1' and 'auto 2' and should I be using it or not?
post #290 of 2354 Old 08-27-2012, 04:22 PM

MOTION BLUR !!!!!!!

anyone notice awful motion blur with this tv ..the un32eh5000??? i play alot of NBA 2k12 and it gets blurry as heck when passing the basketball or going up and down the court,etc.....also on my dvds and blu rays....its awful....if someone so much as walks by slightly fast in the background it becomes a blur...its very distracting..feels like my eyes are spinning around in my head

is there anyway to calibrate it to fix this ?? or is this simply because its a 60hz tv ?? i tried the LED motion sensing thing and all it does it make the screen darker

my girlfriend has a 32 inch Dynex LCD its 720p and she bought it for like 189 at Bestbuy.......a regular standard DVD looks almost like a blu ray on that thing and theres no motion blur whatsoever on movies or television....i may take my xbox over and plug it up and if theres reduced blur i may send this Sammy back and go with the Dynex.

unless anyone has any other suggestions??? would finding a 120hz tv fix this?
post #291 of 2354 Old 08-28-2012, 06:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by robster80 View Post

MOTION BLUR !!!!!!!
anyone notice awful motion blur with this tv ..the un32eh5000??? i play alot of NBA 2k12 and it gets blurry as heck when passing the basketball or going up and down the court,etc.....also on my dvds and blu rays....its awful....if someone so much as walks by slightly fast in the background it becomes a blur...its very distracting..feels like my eyes are spinning around in my head
is there anyway to calibrate it to fix this ?? or is this simply because its a 60hz tv ?? i tried the LED motion sensing thing and all it does it make the screen darker
my girlfriend has a 32 inch Dynex LCD its 720p and she bought it for like 189 at Bestbuy.......a regular standard DVD looks almost like a blu ray on that thing and theres no motion blur whatsoever on movies or television....i may take my xbox over and plug it up and if theres reduced blur i may send this Sammy back and go with the Dynex.
unless anyone has any other suggestions??? would finding a 120hz tv fix this?

as far as i know this somekind of lotery, could you check your panel version?
Some guys here says that there is no motion blur at all...and some say that is the worst motion blur ever...
I don´t think that there is a way to fix, only return your TV and ask another sammy to see if it get better...
post #292 of 2354 Old 08-28-2012, 12:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sabbra View Post

as far as i know this somekind of lotery, could you check your panel version?
Some guys here says that there is no motion blur at all...and some say that is the worst motion blur ever...
I don´t think that there is a way to fix, only return your TV and ask another sammy to see if it get better...

it says version number TS01

is this a good panel or do i need to return it? i wouldnt say its the worst motion blur ever, its just a bit distracting...especially when ive seen lower end tvs with only 720p having better motion
post #293 of 2354 Old 08-28-2012, 07:05 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by robster80 View Post

it says version number TS01
is this a good panel or do i need to return it? i wouldnt say its the worst motion blur ever, its just a bit distracting...especially when ive seen lower end tvs with only 720p having better motion

TS01 should be a samsung S-PVA panel. If you want to be sure check the service menu and post your results. S-PVA doesn't have the best motion, but it should have the best contrast and viewing angle.
post #294 of 2354 Old 08-29-2012, 12:11 AM

Does anyone here have HS02 panel ? I just bought 40EH5300 from Turkey yesterday and it is HS02...

I couldn't remember service menu remote combination so i couldn't verify it but is it possible to be a Sharp panel ?
post #295 of 2354 Old 08-29-2012, 01:02 AM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by dweller1907 View Post

Does anyone here have HS02 panel ? I just bought 40EH5300 from Turkey yesterday and it is HS02...
I couldn't remember service menu remote combination so i couldn't verify it but is it possible to be a Sharp panel ?

I'm not sure about the Hxxx panels. Is there a reason you can't check it anymore? The service menu stuff is on the previous page > http://www.avsforum.com/t/1406151/the-official-2012-samsung-eh4000-eh5000-eh5300-owners-thread/240#post_22332784

If you check it let us know the result.
post #296 of 2354 Old 08-29-2012, 07:58 AM

Quote:

TS01 should be a samsung S-PVA panel. If you want to be sure check the service menu and post your results. S-PVA doesn't have the best motion, but it should have the best contrast and viewing angle.

dang really? contrast is great and i see no problems with viewing angle.....just the motion........any idea which panel is the one with the best motion?? of course id hate to send mine back for a different panel and end up getting one with even worse motion or worse picture
post #297 of 2354 Old 08-29-2012, 08:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dweller1907 View Post

The one I got is an HS03. In the service menu it said 40H6AFOD. According to online sources H = sharp. It's very easy to get into the menu with the directions posted in this thread. Still debating if I want to keep the UN40EH5000 or not. Returned a Sony for terrible clouding. This set has no flash lighting or clouding at all which is nice. The motion could be a lot better and some settings have weird purple trails on dark scenes, some settings don't. Was thinking of going for the eh406000 but even with the 120 HZ people seem to be reporting similar problems and who knows what panel I could end up with. I guess since my main TV is a plasma it's difficult to adjust, and anything over 40" is too big for the room it's in. I would still like to know how these supposed sharp panels compare to the samsung panels.
post #298 of 2354 Old 08-29-2012, 01:47 PM

Quote:

I'm not sure about the Hxxx panels. Is there a reason you can't check it anymore? The service menu stuff is on the previous page > http://www.avsforum.com/t/1406151/the-official-2012-samsung-eh4000-eh5000-eh5300-owners-thread/240#post_22332784
If you check it let us know the result.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Henry Toole View Post

The one I got is an HS03. In the service menu it said 40H6AFOD. According to online sources H = sharp. It's very easy to get into the menu with the directions posted in this thread. Still debating if I want to keep the UN40EH5000 or not. Returned a Sony for terrible clouding. This set has no flash lighting or clouding at all which is nice. The motion could be a lot better and some settings have weird purple trails on dark scenes, some settings don't. Was thinking of going for the eh406000 but even with the 120 HZ people seem to be reporting similar problems and who knows what panel I could end up with. I guess since my main TV is a plasma it's difficult to adjust, and anything over 40" is too big for the room it's in. I would still like to know how these supposed sharp panels compare to the samsung panels.

I couldn't get in the service menu because at the time, i couldn't remember the combination.

And for now, i don't have the tv with me, it's in my new house, so as soon as i get there i will check it immediatly wink.gif
post #299 of 2354 Old 08-29-2012, 06:18 PM

please anyone.....is there a better panel than the TS01 for motion?? ive either got to exchange it or just get a different tv altogether...its just unacceptable for motion to suck this bad
post #300 of 2354 Old 08-29-2012, 08:10 PM

also...why do regular dvds have such an awful picture on this thing? it literally looks about like a vhs tape qualitywise......i swear my girlfriends dynex which is a 720p plays regular dvds and they look like blu rays...we watched "tree of life" the other night..it was a flawless picture....is it my blu ray player perhaps? i have a panasonic bdk35...2008 model
Reply LCD Flat Panel Displays

Tags
<<. , Displays , Led Hdtv , Samsung , Samsung Un32eh4000 32 Inch 720p 60 Hz Led Hdtv , Samsung Un40eh5300 40 Inch 1080p 60 Hz Led Hdtv , Samsung Un46eh5000 Led Hdtv
Gear in this thread

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page