The *OFFICIAL* 2012 Samsung EH4000/EH5000/EH5300 Owner's Thread... - Page 13 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #361 of 2269 Old 09-07-2012, 04:03 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Got my second EH5300 not sure what model it is yet but i will check as soon as I set it up. Really hoping i dont get a dud this time. I will post my model number and panel type asap
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #362 of 2269 Old 09-07-2012, 06:21 AM

Same model. Same problem. Looks like it's a model problem rather than a defect.

It only really occurs during low light so im just going to try and get used to it or something. Cant be bothered packing it away again and trying my luck for the third time
post #363 of 2269 Old 09-07-2012, 08:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PlasmaPZ80U View Post

was the second set also a sharp panel?

Yeah. Ive called samsung and they are sending a "repair engineer" to come have a look at it sometime soon. I hope he accidently incinerates the TV so I get my money back because I cant deal with packing it away and receiving yet another crappy sharp panel
post #364 of 2269 Old 09-07-2012, 09:51 AM
Advanced Member

Liked: 38
Is the off axis viewing better on the Samsung panel vs. the Sharp panel?

post #365 of 2269 Old 09-07-2012, 09:58 AM

Liked: 15
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrFishcake View Post

Yeah. Ive called samsung and they are sending a "repair engineer" to come have a look at it sometime soon. I hope he accidently incinerates the TV so I get my money back because I cant deal with packing it away and receiving yet another crappy sharp panel

The EH5300 I had purchased did the same thing your TV is doing. Not sure what type of panel it was, it really didn't matter to me. Then i sent it back...
post #366 of 2269 Old 09-07-2012, 11:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chicolom View Post

When you were saying the motion bothered you a week ago, I suggested you try turning OFF all the extra processing (including the Digital noise filter). Digital noise filters usually smear the image together.

thanks man.....yea it seems to be a little better now...can still notice it tho..but it isnt as bad.....im happy for now.....kinda wish ida gotten the 37 inch...but my rooms pretty small..when i move out my parents house ill splurge and get a monster with 120 hz ..but for now..this one will work fine
post #367 of 2269 Old 09-07-2012, 12:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ocellaris View Post

The EH5300 I had purchased did the same thing your TV is doing. Not sure what type of panel it was, it really didn't matter to me. Then i sent it back...

what did you get instead?
post #368 of 2269 Old 09-08-2012, 06:10 AM

Has anybody ever had a repair engineer out from samsung before? I have one coming to inspect the TV this tuesday and I am wondering what is going to happen. I have only had the f**king TV one day and a repair guy is coming out. This is utterly ridiculous and they should just pick this TV up in return for a new one rather than this s**t

Overall ive had a terrible experience with this TV and samsung and I wont be buying another Samsung TV.
post #369 of 2269 Old 09-08-2012, 11:06 AM
Advanced Member

Liked: 47
Quote:
Originally Posted by PlasmaPZ80U View Post

I am considering either the UN40EH5000 or UN40EH5300. I like the extra features the 5300 has, but is PQ as good (black levels, color accuracy, h/v viewing angles, motion blur, etc.)? (assuming I get a Samsung panel on both)

AFAIK they are they same apart from the smart TV stuff.
post #370 of 2269 Old 09-08-2012, 12:07 PM

Liked: 11
Do you know if entering the service menu will void the warranty?
post #371 of 2269 Old 09-09-2012, 05:20 AM

If you mess with the settings, then yeah. Not sure why it would void the warranty. You don't really have to enter it to know, but it does confirm the panel just in case the sticker was labeled wrong.

Add me to the group of happy owners, not just satisfy. I'm satisfy with the coffee I pick up this morning, I'm happy with the 5300 series.

TS01 - My panel is also showing the same code as the other Samsung panels. I saw two returned boxes that were C something.... and the last seal box was a TS01. Their display model was also a TS01. The guy brought me a C model seal (not really seal as it was clearly open) and I ask to see the display model for the dreaded LED Edge bleed. The screen is a mix of glossy / matte which I never seen before. It's not as glossy as my LED Mac Book Pro screen but not as matte as my A550 series.

Further testing needs to be done but I'm certain it can support 4:4:4 sampling which is needed for a clear image as a monitor. I'll write some more later but this panel (S-PVA) is really great, it's no IPS like my sister's Apple display but that a few stacks of pennies more expensive.

Black levels are amazing, it's not as "grey" as the ES6100 series which suffers from the bleeding or clouding problem.
post #372 of 2269 Old 09-09-2012, 06:45 AM

Ok these pages have pretty much convinced me to go for a good deal on an EH5000.

I am going to try to connect my PC over HDMI but at some distance (15m) to be an alternative monitor and sound station to the main PC's resources (CRT all the way, sorry...) . The EH5000 would not appear to have much option if it didn't work over HDMI other than run component quite far which I think would work but would sure be messy (particularly as I'm running some other cables for USB etc already.) Not entirely relevant but there's also the issue of my SoundBlaster card which won't want to give me "what you hear", nor HDMI audio and Analog audio out at the same time, which I need to do this and still use PC. Hence thinking of what options I have:

Can anyone tell me: without a PC audio in or DVI audio In, is there any way via service menu or otherwise that I could connect analog audio in and have it come out of the EH500's speakers at the same time as the DVI input video? I think the answer is likely no
post #373 of 2269 Old 09-09-2012, 07:01 AM

READ THIS IF YOU ARE THINKING OF BUYING A EH5300

I Bought the EH5300 from argos (In store) on the 3rd of September. It was the EH5300KXXU model Version 2 (H Panel / Sharp Panel) And it had terrible problems to do with blue tinted ghosting when movement was on screen, Especially during gaming. So I returned it to the store in exchange for the same TV (6th september) . when I set it up I checked all of the model numbers and settings to find it was the exact same model and screen panel... And guess what?.. it had the exact same problems. At first I just could not be bothered taking it apart and packing it away for the second time so we called Samsung support (Which is terrible) and spent around 20 minutes talking about solutions that I have already tried. so I didnt get a fix, Eventually she told me she would have a repair engineer come out and inspect the TV and try to fix it, Still trying to avoid having to pack it up and return it again I agreed and she told me he would ring within the next 24 hours... He did (Yesterday) And told me he would be here on tuesday....... TUESDAY! what?! are you kidding me that's 4 days from now. So as you can tell my reaction was "F**k That" and although it pains me to say but I am returning this TV for the 2nd time and instead of having one collected from the store. I am having one home delivered from a completely different warehouse so I am hoping I get a more recent version of the TV with a Samsung panel. Third time lucky??

THE BOTTOM LINE

DO NOT buy things In store. They are most likely going to be ****** months old versions of the TV with problems. Buy online and you will most likely get the newest revision.

IF YOU GET THE VERSION 02 OF THE EH5300 THEN EITHER THROW IT OFF A BUILDING (if you are rich) OR RETURN IT RIGHT AWAY.

RANT OVER.
post #374 of 2269 Old 09-09-2012, 08:10 AM

Quote:

READ THIS IF YOU ARE THINKING OF BUYING A EH5300
.....So I returned it to the store in exchange for the same TV (6th september) . when I set it up I checked all of the model numbers and settings to find it was the exact same model and screen panel... And guess what?.. it had the exact same problems.

frown.gif

So you return the model and get another with the same panel "H- sharp" and expect it to be different? The simple thing to do is return the TV, and find another store with a different sticker, be it TS01 or TS02 etc. There a people with C and A's panel that are fine with their TV. The whole panel lottery is quite true for this EH5300 series, not sure about the other ones but it was kind of weird to find all the open / return boxes as C panels.

Once you find a S-PVA panel, you will love it. The blacks are amazing considering this is an LCD/LED lit, the store demos are usually playing bright and over saturated video so it was a nice surprise when I got mine home.

One thing to notice is this 5300 has a "direct led" and not "Edge lit". You give up the thin frame but what you get in return is a uniform light across the screen. I returned my ES6100 because of the bad viewing angles.

Take a look at this: ES6100 problem

1gIRHl.jpg

Centre:

RrpGPl.jpg

CNET reviews the expensive 6500 series and it also is plagued by the bad angles and light/brightness uniformity. My ES6100 sadly had the same problem. I end up buying the EH5300 instead and got the TS01 model.

PJFegl.jpg

TS01 gives this type of panel in the service model.

3umDLl.jpg

I'll upload some pics of the EH5300, so far it doing great!
post #375 of 2269 Old 09-09-2012, 04:19 PM
Advanced Member

Liked: 38
FYI, went to my local Costco where I picked up my 40EH5050 with the Hxxx panel (which BTW, I am keeping instead of the Toshiba L5200u). Anyway, all the Samsungs that they had out were either Hxxx or Cxxx models, so I could not pick up a Txxx S-PVA panel. If they had a Txxx, I would have brought it home to do a side by side comparison.

Good news was they dropped the price by another $30, so now the price is only $499.

post #376 of 2269 Old 09-09-2012, 09:05 PM

Excuse me for my average english but

I just want to share to you my experience regarding my 32" EH5300r AH01 version. I used to watch upscaled DVD movies on my dvd player and thru All share play. I got a 1080p BR copy movie with a lot of CGi effects on my External and played it thru all share play. While watching, I noticed a lot of motion blur, ghosting effect or movements leaving traces which are very noticeable. I tried to adjust all the picture mode settings but still the same.

I was pissed off and was planning to sched an appointment to Samsung.

Then I saw the post regarding ghosting effect while playing games. I didn't tried this before so I connected my laptop thru HDMI and started playing COD3. I didn't find anything wrong compared when I was watching the movie. I had more fun playing because of the higher resolution, 1080p than the native resolution of my laptop which is 1366x768. Also the tv displayed it in superb quality. (my laptop specs are i5 2.7ghz + Ati Radeon 5870 HD 1gb ddr5, 8 Gb ddr3 1366mhz)

After that, I opened the movie on my laptop on VLC player. This time I didn't notice any ghosting effects or movements leaving trails/ traces. motion blur is only during very high speed scenes which for me is normal only due to the 60hz refresh rate of the TV. this is really a big difference than watching it before by USB all share play. I tried to compare the scenes by switching the sources to HDMI to USB and see the difference. It's actually better on laptop thru HDMI than the built in media player of samsung. There is no doubt since my laptop's hardware is far more advance. I enjoyed watching the movie than before because of high resolution and very good PQ.

After this test I appreciated my TV than before, It's not only the panel that affects the quality but also the built in hardware and it's capacity inside the TV. The components are average maybe, just to perform effectively but in an efficient way. If some people in here already tried this before then its your panel which has the problem.

My observation is when an external media player is connected to the TV like BR players, laptops etc. These players have its own processors and sends the HD signals thru HDMI to the TV, the TV receives the signal then reprocesses it to enhance the image quality based on your chosen picture mode then displays it on the TV. if I wish not to enhance then I can select game mode available in HDMI source, to bypass the TV's built in processor.

If I used the built-in media player in my TV, it may not process the media properly since it is already busy running the application plus processing the images at the same time. Consuming more memory which compromises either each or both process. Plus the options for adjustment are limited.

My conclusion is its a hardware limitation that causes poor quality but for me I'm still happy using this TV since it gives me great enjoyment. smile.gif I can say it's a good buy already.
post #377 of 2269 Old 09-10-2012, 05:07 AM

I don't think it matters what Samsung EH model you have they will all suffer with ghosting. Mine is terrible but just got to live with it because the general picture is really good. My mate has even bought a new Samsung 3d tv the high end model ES something and even that ghosts and judder. Never mind! Life goes on.....
post #378 of 2269 Old 09-10-2012, 04:28 PM

How come Samsung doesn't give release notes for latest firmware updates?
post #379 of 2269 Old 09-10-2012, 04:31 PM

Well while writing my previous post, I found a new firmware on the net and installed it right after. I played the same BR ripped movie on USB all share play again and now it played smoothly just like how it was played on my laptop. I guess Firmware update fix it after all..smile.gif

old version: 1012

New version: 1014
released: sept. 2012
post #380 of 2269 Old 09-10-2012, 04:31 PM

LG just released a new 32" internet TV with 120hz rate..
post #381 of 2269 Old 09-10-2012, 05:32 PM

I joined to say I have a TS01 model, and it is a Samsung "A" panel.
post #382 of 2269 Old 09-10-2012, 06:08 PM

Let's not all go crazy over these TS01 / TS02 panels now. They're all made to Samsung's specifications. Even with a S-PVA panel, take the time to look over it and see if there any defects.

While I enjoy the EH5300's "Direct LED" design, the whole TV feels very cheap to me. My A550 series has a bigger stand, more connections and the back of the TV doesn't feel like recycled plastic. There a weird problem with Audio Out which I'm not sure if it's just settings or the actual connections, did you guys try the Optical Out port while in HDMI?

My A550 sends out all audio signals with optical but this set only does it with the HDMI/1 ports. So either I have to set it up where my 360/PS3 does it on their own or I have to use the tv speakers.
post #383 of 2269 Old 09-11-2012, 08:45 AM

Hey guys. So I'm replacing my old 37' tv with either a Samsung Smart LED TV 40' or a LG LED TV 42'.

These are the exact models:

Samsung: 40" EH5300 Series 5 Direct LED TV - OVERVIEW | SAMSUNG

LG: LG 42LS3400 | LG Electronics PH

And I'm a reallll loser when it comes to picking tv's so I need some advice.

1.) I primarily use my TV for gaming. So I would like a TV thats ideal for exactly that. My 37' is a pain to use when I'm playing with a friend (split screen) So will that 2' really make much of a difference?

2.) Just how much bigger is the LG as compared to the Samsung? Cause the LG's bezel is big while the Samsung's is realllly slim. So they're technically the same right?

3.) Spec wise, which is better? I'm kinda leaning towards the Samsung cause its a Smart TV and all that. But which one is better overall?

Thanks guys! biggrin.gif
post #384 of 2269 Old 09-11-2012, 09:30 AM

Just stopping by again to say that my third EH5300 got delivered today and i cant beleive im saying this but i got the exact same one for the third time. Unbeleiveable, the ****** sharp panel 3 times in a row. And yes it had the exact same problems. So ive ditched the EH5300 and went to the EH5000 because i figured I dont really need the smart features. Its in my car now ready to set up when i return home. Something that has thrown me off a little is the fact it is called EH5000KXXU... And the three EH5300 I had also were model KXXU. Needless to say I am bricking it but regardless I have an extra £70 in my pocket from going down the ranks a little and I just hope to god this is a keeper. i will be calibrating it to the same settings as chicolom.

Hopefully my next post isnt another vent of depression.
post #385 of 2269 Old 09-11-2012, 10:08 AM

Quote:

Just stopping by again to say that my third EH5300 got delivered today and i cant beleive im saying this but i got the exact same one for the third time. Unbeleiveable, the ****** sharp panel 3 times in a row. And yes it had the exact same problems. So ive ditched the EH5300 and went to the EH5000 because i figured I dont really need the smart features. Its in my car now ready to set up when i return home. Something that has thrown me off a little is the fact it is called EH5000KXXU... And the three EH5300 I had also were model KXXU. Needless to say I am bricking it but regardless I have an extra £70 in my pocket from going down the ranks a little and I just hope to god this is a keeper. i will be calibrating it to the same settings as chicolom.
Hopefully my next post isnt another vent of depression.

LOL

frown.gif My TS01 has motion blur as well, it's on level with my LN32A550 but the fact that the picture is clear makes it a lot more noticeable.
post #386 of 2269 Old 09-11-2012, 12:13 PM

I actualy cant beleive I am about to type this but....

After setting up and packing away not one... not two.... BUT THREE EH5300 TV's I decide to not buy that TV anymore......

Now after all that I have a EH5000 with not one... BUT TWO ****ING DEAD ****ING PIXELS FOR **** SAKE.

THIS IS STARTING TO SOUND LIKE A COMEDY MOVIE...

OH MY GOOOOODDODOODDODODDONKJELNVBKV RKE;B REB
post #387 of 2269 Old 09-11-2012, 12:23 PM

I'll be returning the UN40eh5000 version HS03. I've had it about a month and the purple ghosting and motion blur is just too much. No more Samsung's for me.
post #388 of 2269 Old 09-11-2012, 12:32 PM

TS02 version here. I noticed more motion blur on this TV than my brothers 3 years old samsung ln40b500(SQ01). Both are 60hz. I don't know if led backlit makes blur worse. Other than that, PQ is far more superior.
post #389 of 2269 Old 09-11-2012, 04:11 PM

Quote:

I actualy cant beleive I am about to type this but....
After setting up and packing away not one... not two.... BUT THREE EH5300 TV's I decide to not buy that TV anymore......
Now after all that I have a EH5000 with not one... BUT TWO ****ING DEAD ****ING PIXELS FOR **** SAKE.
THIS IS STARTING TO SOUND LIKE A COMEDY MOVIE...
OH MY GOOOOODDODOODDODODDONKJELNVBKV RKE;B REB

How did you see the two dead pixels? I think most stores will exchange even with 1. If they are black then yes, they are dead pixels but if they are green, red and blue, they are stuck. Try searching youtube for a stuck pixel fix at 1080p, leave it on for an hour or so. Gently slap the corner, see if that helps.
post #390 of 2269 Old 09-12-2012, 08:47 AM

You're not having much luck - where did you get the eh5000 from? I have the 46in EH5000 (Samsung panel) bought from Amazon UK and its very good.
Reply LCD Flat Panel Displays

Tags
<<. , Displays , Led Hdtv , Samsung , Samsung Un32eh4000 32 Inch 720p 60 Hz Led Hdtv , Samsung Un40eh5300 40 Inch 1080p 60 Hz Led Hdtv , Samsung Un46eh5000 Led Hdtv
Gear in this thread

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page