The *OFFICIAL* 2012 Samsung EH4000/EH5000/EH5300 Owner's Thread... - Page 55 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1621 of 2302 Old 09-06-2013, 04:09 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Yeah, probably going to try it out before Saturday. Still deciding if I even need a TV with how much i don't watch TV. Oh well, I'll put some info down here for future reference for anyone else.
thanks
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #1622 of 2302 Old 09-06-2013, 04:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PlasmaPZ80U View Post

There are no Samsung panels in the 37", 39", 50" and certain larger sizes I can't remember off the top of my head right now (like maybe 60").

Samsung keeps on introducing new panel codes each year (and even mid-year), which is why many including myself don't know what a Nxxx panel is... the panel code in the SM might help answer your question, though

Yeah, it's so confusing. Haha what does SM mean?
post #1623 of 2302 Old 09-06-2013, 04:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Otto Pylot View Post

What is "best" all depends on what you demand from your panel. Minimal lag times for games, excellent color, better off-axis viewing, etc. No panel has it all. Most seem to consider the S-PVA panel the "best" overall. But not all sizes come with S-PVA panels so you have to decide what you want. An S-PVA panel in only limited sizes or a bigger sized panel with a panel from a different panel mfr. And I'm not arguing over an analogy, in fact I'm not arguing at all, I just didn't think it was a good example. Personally I think all tv mfrs should list what kind of panel a particular set has without having to have the customer jump thru hoops trying to figure out the panel lottery, but that's not gonna happen.

Thanks PlasmaPZ80U for jumping in. I know you have lots of experience with the Samsung's.

Eh, probably just normal viewing. Sports viewing if anything. Pretty sure I'm going to keep this one unless anything major happens before college football tomorrow.

I agree with you, the entire different panel mfr thing kind of irritates me. It shows how long it's been since I've bought a TV and I have 3 Samsungs from waaaaay bak.

Thanks, I'll post some info when I get mine on the wall
post #1624 of 2302 Old 09-06-2013, 04:17 PM

Quote:

if you really want to know (at least in theory/on paper) what each panel type's strengths and weakness are, look up the three main types of panels found in Samsung LED/LCDs: S-PVA, A-MVA, S-MVA

if you want to know exactly how two *specific* different panel TVs (yet still both Samsung TVs) perform side by side, you'll need to buy one of each and make your own observations...

Haha we need to figure out which one we have first! Man, there is a ton of stuff with TVs since I was last looking. I don't know if this is a good site as it's probably going to want to make me buy some TVs I may not need smile.gif
post #1625 of 2302 Old 09-06-2013, 04:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by crashbot View Post

Well, excuse me if there is no moral fibre these days.

Oh gosh, get over it. If we were to return them they would've been unused, unopened, sealed, and brand new. It doesn't make us immoral. Based on Targets return policy, I could actually use it for 44 days from purchase and return it and say "I don't like it". That may be a bit sharp
post #1626 of 2302 Old 09-06-2013, 05:23 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 151 Post(s)
Liked: 242
Quote:
Originally Posted by Justincase1004 View Post

Yeah, it's so confusing. Haha what does SM mean?

SM = Service Menu. But be extremely careful if you venture there. One misstep and you could brick your tv and possibly void your warranty.
post #1627 of 2302 Old 09-07-2013, 09:22 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 94 Post(s)
Liked: 198
Quote:
Originally Posted by dyersituations View Post

By "off axis" are you talking about viewing from an angle?

exactly, both left to right and top to bottom (often these VA panels tend to hold up better top to bottom than left to right)

Quote:

Haha we need to figure out which one we have first! Man, there is a ton of stuff with TVs since I was last looking. I don't know if this is a good site as it's probably going to want to make me buy some TVs I may not need smile.gif

yeah

Quote:

Oh gosh, get over it. If we were to return them they would've been unused, unopened, sealed, and brand new. It doesn't make us immoral. Based on Targets return policy, I could actually use it for 44 days from purchase and return it and say "I don't like it". That may be a bit sharp

buying a TV is a big purchase since most people keep theirs for at least 5 years... you want to be fully satisfied with your purchase before the return/exchange window runs out

also, it's not your fault if Samsung (and most TV manufacturers for that matter) sell the same model with varying panels... the best you can do is try whatever you can find and then decide if it's good enough for your viewing needs or not

Quote:

SM = Service Menu. But be extremely careful if you venture there. One misstep and you could brick your tv and possibly void your warranty.

yes, you should be careful... but to see the panel code all you need to do is look at the home screen of the service menu, take a pic of it and post it here... no need to enter any sub-menus or change anything

just get in via *mute-1-8-2-power*, wait a few seconds for the screen to load and then press *power* to exit

here's what the SM looks like on a EH6000:

and here's a EH5000:

see 46A1AF0D and 46A6AF0D?

the 46 is the screen size and the 'A' after it means it's a Samsung panel

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #1628 of 2302 Old 09-07-2013, 09:25 AM
AVS Special Member

and:

A:Samsung (S-PVA)
H:Sharp (not sure but the 5 series sets that use these tend to suffer from blue/purple ghosting which makes them less desirable than the other three... many reported cases of this earlier in the thread)
P:CMI (chimei) (S-MVA)
R:AUO (au optronics) (A-MVA)

a good source for more info:

http://www.avsforum.com/t/1406151/the-official-2012-samsung-eh4000-eh5000-eh5300-owners-thread/240#post_22332784

post #1629 of 2302 Old 09-08-2013, 02:15 AM

Hi, folks.

On a previous system software version (I'd not noted which) I'd enable the PVR functionality of my EH5300 32" TV. Last night, I went into the LoveFilm app, where it was indicated that I had to update the system software on the TV before it would work. This I did, and LoveFilm now plays all of its content on the TV, finally.

The software version it's now running is listed as 001036. However, following on from this, I can no longer get ruSamsungTVCommunicator to kick the service menu (Factory, 3Speed) into a mode where the options to enable the PVR functionality of the TV.

Any ideas or help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.
post #1630 of 2302 Old 09-08-2013, 03:15 AM

Liked: 21
Quote:

just get in via *mute-1-8-2-power*, wait a few seconds for the screen to load and then press *power* to exit
Thanks for this, but all that happens on my UE32EH5000 in response to those commands is the sound mutes and the set turns off. Are we supposed to hold mute and press other buttons simultaneously (that doesn't seem to work either)?
post #1631 of 2302 Old 09-08-2013, 08:19 AM
AVS Special Member

I don't know if Plasma is using the Samsung remote or not. Sometimes a different remote, for some reason, works for accessing the SM. Firmware version may also come into play as to whether the access code works or not.
post #1632 of 2302 Old 09-08-2013, 08:43 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

Thanks for this, but all that happens on my UE32EH5000 in response to those commands is the sound mutes and the set turns off. Are we supposed to hold mute and press other buttons simultaneously (that doesn't seem to work either)?

try Info, Menu, Mute, Power instead

since my set is a U.S. model (UN) and your is a European one (UE), the access method could be a bit different

*also make sure the set is in standby before pressing any of the buttons*

Quote:

I don't know if Plasma is using the Samsung remote or not. Sometimes a different remote, for some reason, works for accessing the SM. Firmware version may also come into play as to whether the access code works or not.

yeah, I'm using the Samsung remote that came with the TV

post #1633 of 2302 Old 09-08-2013, 11:07 AM

That got it. Maybe the instruction to start in standby should have come first?

Getting to the service menu for UE32EH5000: From standby, press INFO MENU MUTE POWER

My option line reads: "32R6AF0D,EU_UK,5000,NONE"
post #1634 of 2302 Old 09-08-2013, 01:27 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

That got it. Maybe the instruction to start in standby should have come first?

Getting to the service menu for UE32EH5000: From standby, press INFO MENU MUTE POWER

My option line reads: "32R6AF0D,EU_UK,5000,NONE"

yeah, I omitted that without realizing it

R means AUO A-MVA panel (which is the 2nd best overall IMO)

post #1635 of 2302 Old 09-09-2013, 03:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jim480 View Post

I just bought the Samsung UN50EH5000 and VIZIO S4251w-B4 5.1 soundbar. If I plug my ps3 into the TV and then connect the soundbar to the tv via optical cable, will I get 5.1 sound? I read that most TVs will downgrade the audio to 2ch, does the EH5000 do that?

Yes, it does downmix the audio to 2 channels, in that case.

post #1636 of 2302 Old 09-11-2013, 01:31 AM

Hey there!
I have got a dead unit here: Samsung UE32EH4000WXZG. The mainboard doesn't work as it is supposed to. It is really dead, no standby light. Just wanted to ask if anybody has ever heard of a service manual throughout the internet. Searched for hours, but didn't find anything.
Any suggestions? Thanks in advance!
post #1637 of 2302 Old 09-11-2013, 05:20 AM

Maybe just a blown fuse?
post #1638 of 2302 Old 09-12-2013, 04:31 PM

Hey everyone - I have the UN32EH5300 and after 10 months all three HDMI ports seem to be busted. One is grayed out no matter what, and the other two are select-able but show "no signal"

Just tried using different HDMI cables, switching ports, etc., and no luck

Very frustrating....and since one port is always grayed out and the other two are still select-able I'm still trying to find a way to get this working. One by one they stopped functioning, one every 3-4 months
post #1639 of 2302 Old 09-13-2013, 12:16 AM

Why would you want to work around this problem? It seems a clear case of "take it back" to me.
post #1640 of 2302 Old 09-22-2013, 08:15 PM

I'm in the market for a UN32EH4003. Ideally, one touting a Samsung S-PVA panel. I've called various local retailers to see if one might have the elusive "Txxx" model. Not only have I come up dry, but every retailer's version code has been completely alien to anything I've found in this thread.

They are:

GD05
RH04
DH08

I don't believe any of the stores have demo units on display which I could use to access the service menu and take a closer look. Likewise, I would not have time to buy and test them at home before Friday, which is when one retailer's sale ends that I could use to pricematch at any of them.

Does anyone have any information on these panel version codes?
post #1641 of 2302 Old 09-22-2013, 10:25 PM
AVS Special Member

I've never seen those codes before. Are you sure the retailer knows where to find the version number?
post #1642 of 2302 Old 09-22-2013, 11:19 PM

The instructions were clear, each code was given by a different retailer, and each follows the same format as the other version codes mentioned in this thread: two letters followed by a two-digit number not far incremented from 01. I can't be entirely sure as I didn't see it with my own eyes, but I'm confident.
post #1643 of 2302 Old 09-23-2013, 08:48 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

I've never seen those codes before. Are you sure the retailer knows where to find the version number?

they could be valid codes as I myself have seen strange ones on the EH 4 series (like Exxx)

post #1644 of 2302 Old 09-23-2013, 08:50 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anonym00se View Post

I'm in the market for a UN32EH4003. Ideally, one touting a Samsung S-PVA panel. I've called various local retailers to see if one might have the elusive "Txxx" model. Not only have I come up dry, but every retailer's version code has been completely alien to anything I've found in this thread.

They are:

GD05
RH04
DH08

I don't believe any of the stores have demo units on display which I could use to access the service menu and take a closer look. Likewise, I would not have time to buy and test them at home before Friday, which is when one retailer's sale ends that I could use to pricematch at any of them.

Does anyone have any information on these panel version codes?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anonym00se View Post

The instructions were clear, each code was given by a different retailer, and each follows the same format as the other version codes mentioned in this thread: two letters followed by a two-digit number not far incremented from 01. I can't be entirely sure as I didn't see it with my own eyes, but I'm confident.

the problem is even if those codes are valid (and they might be), most are not familiar with them and so your best bet is to ask other owners of the EH4000 and EH4003 to see what codes they have and what those codes translate to in the SM

post #1645 of 2302 Old 09-23-2013, 10:35 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

they could be valid codes as I myself have seen strange ones on the EH 4 series (like Exxx)

Wow. The tv mfrs sure seem to make it harder and harder to determine panel types. Sounds like somebody should go to BB or wherever the new tv's are on display and start doing the loupe test, noting the pixel structure/version number, and start keeping track.
post #1646 of 2302 Old 09-23-2013, 04:16 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

Wow. The tv mfrs sure seem to make it harder and harder to determine panel types. Sounds like somebody should go to BB or wherever the new tv's are on display and start doing the loupe test, noting the pixel structure/version number, and start keeping track.

I think they don't want certain panel types selling better than others or too many returns based on panel type. Essentially, they don't want consumers to know about the panel lottery and/or base purchasing decisions on it. The 'all panels are made to meet the same specs' spiel fits here perfectly. It's better for business when customers buy their TVs based on spec sheets and feature lists (designed by marketing for marketing purposes), not technical details like LCD Matrix/Panel Type. The only LCD maker that I recall specifying panel type is Panasonic with their IPS models and most of those don't review well compared to their plasma lineup.

So, the more codes they can use and the more they can change those codes from 'known' ones the less likely the informed consumer is to be able to choose a panel type they like and make sure they actually get it (at least while in the store looking at a closed box). I know this sounds pretty cynical but I think the whole 'panel lottery' is a deceptive practice that makes finding a good LED/LCD more of a trial and error process than simply choosing the LCD tech you prefer and buying that directly (and kudos to Panasonic for doing that with their IPS equipped LED-LCDs).

post #1647 of 2302 Old 09-23-2013, 04:52 PM
AVS Special Member

^^^^^^ I agree.
post #1648 of 2302 Old 09-27-2013, 08:21 AM

Hi. I want to know what is the RESPONSE TIME for my monitor Samsung UA40EH5000R? the website did not specify it.

Also in the website it states there 100hz Clear motion rate.. Is it the same with REFRESH RATE?

post #1649 of 2302 Old 09-27-2013, 09:08 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by rvyapmd View Post

Hi. I want to know what is the RESPONSE TIME for my monitor Samsung UA40EH5000R? the website did not specify it.

Also in the website it states there 100hz Clear motion rate.. Is it the same with REFRESH RATE?

Response time is measured in ms. 8ms or lower is usually considered acceptable for gaming (or at least is used to be). Refresh rate is usually given in hz. It is entirely up to the mfr as to whether they want to test and state the response time of their panels. Remember, these are televisions, not computer monitors. There are methods out there for determining the response time of your tv but unless someone has done that, and posted the information, you'll have to determine that yourself. Response time can also be tied to panel type so you need to factor that in as well.
post #1650 of 2302 Old 09-29-2013, 02:26 AM

Here's my issue, couple days ago my UN46EU5000 went black... Not completely, if I get real close, like 5"-6" I can see the picture. This a common problem? Can I fix this, if so what do I need?

Thank you all in advance, any help is greatly appreciated!
Reply LCD Flat Panel Displays

Tags
<<. , Displays , Led Hdtv , Samsung , Samsung Un32eh4000 32 Inch 720p 60 Hz Led Hdtv , Samsung Un40eh5300 40 Inch 1080p 60 Hz Led Hdtv , Samsung Un46eh5000 Led Hdtv
Gear in this thread

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page