The *OFFICIAL* 2012 Samsung EH4000/EH5000/EH5300 Owner's Thread... - Page 58 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1711 of 2273 Old 11-28-2013, 02:06 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by Otto Pylot View Post

@schmitts - as I suggested to xarlyman above who ventured into the SM as well, if you're still under warranty, play dumb and call for service. Don't tell them that you entered the SM (which usually voids your warranty) and see if they can fix it. As mentioned, a lot of SM settings are set at the factory and it's not always a simple thing as putting the settings back to what they were before because they could be different for each tv and if you didn't write them down......

Quote:
Originally Posted by kkl10 View Post

schmitts, use the ADC Results from here and see if it corrects your issue.
First write down your current settings so in case it doesn't correct the issue you can always turn back.
HDMI calibration should never be messed with, the only way to make the calibration run successfully is by loading a particular checkerboard pattern through HDMI.
Usually this is done already in the factory, I think.

Thank you!

Now is much much better, but in the black screens when the HDMI device is on, it's more gray than black. How can I fix it?

Quote:

@schmitts - as I suggested to xarlyman above who ventured into the SM as well, if you're still under warranty, play dumb and call for service. Don't tell them that you entered the SM (which usually voids your warranty) and see if they can fix it. As mentioned, a lot of SM settings are set at the factory and it's not always a simple thing as putting the settings back to what they were before because they could be different for each tv and if you didn't write them down.....

Unfortunately, I'm not under warranty anymore. I should wrote the settings down (I always do this) before I do **** in SM.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #1712 of 2273 Old 11-28-2013, 02:37 PM

Liked: 11
I just set up my 40 inch 5300 and made the mistake of watching Mr. and Mrs. Smith. The lag was terrible, especially when I compared it to my Panasonic plasma. I'm not too picky (my plasma has screen-door, but the picture is still great), but this is really poor. It looks like ghosting, or a slowed down version of The Matrix (with ghosts).

Anyone come up with a solution for this? Otherwise it's back in the box for this special sale item. I'd like some suggestions for a 40-42 1080 plasma or led. Now's the time!
By the way, my plasma is a PX80 with no IR, no dead pixels, gorgeous picture, and doubled my utility bill!

Happy Thanksgiving to all.
post #1713 of 2273 Old 11-28-2013, 02:40 PM

Could I just do this?
http://wiki.samygo.tv/index.php5/HDMI_Calibration_TIP

Isn't it be faster and easier?

post #1714 of 2273 Old 11-28-2013, 02:54 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 98 Post(s)
Liked: 229
You could. But just keep in mind that if your firmware/build version is different from what the poster used, it might not work, or, god forbid, make it worse. Entering into the SM is a mine field fer sure. Hang in there.
post #1715 of 2273 Old 11-28-2013, 02:58 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by shoreflor View Post

I just set up my 40 inch 5300 and made the mistake of watching Mr. and Mrs. Smith. The lag was terrible, especially when I compared it to my Panasonic plasma. I'm not too picky (my plasma has screen-door, but the picture is still great), but this is really poor. It looks like ghosting, or a slowed down version of The Matrix (with ghosts).

Anyone come up with a solution for this? Otherwise it's back in the box for this special sale item. I'd like some suggestions for a 40-42 1080 plasma or led. Now's the time!
By the way, my plasma is a PX80 with no IR, no dead pixels, gorgeous picture, and doubled my utility bill!

Happy Thanksgiving to all.

My son got the EH5300 around July and it has been a solid performer pq-wise ever since, even when he started using Comcrap. We haven't calibrated his set, just used default settings, and he's been happy with cable/blu-ray/streaming. BTW, he has the S-PVA panel (Txxx code).
post #1716 of 2273 Old 11-28-2013, 04:31 PM

I won't do this, so.

I just want to decrease the gray scale a little bit, but I'm too afraid of mess this up all over again. Where can I set this?

I decrease a little bit the brightness and it worked, but in some parts where picture are too dark, I can see almost nothing, and when I want to watch movies by my external drive, I have to change the picture mode.

How can I solve this?

God, what a dummie I am.

post #1717 of 2273 Old 11-28-2013, 05:58 PM
AVS Special Member

Don't beat yourself up over this. A lot of people have made the same mistake. It happens. You might want to consider using a cal disk such as the free AVS HD-709 disk or a commercial one such as Spears & Munsil or WoW. You may be able to adjust your pq so that it looks ok.
post #1718 of 2273 Old 11-28-2013, 06:50 PM

I've jsut bought a 37eh5000 for my parents. But when installling it, I've just realized that there is a lighter rectangle in the center of the screen. It has a similar size and shape than the TV menus. It is difficult to notice it, but if you focus on it, when the screen is dark (dark scenes or changing the channel) you can see it. It is a rectangle not as dark as the rest of the screen.

wOriWS
post #1719 of 2273 Old 11-28-2013, 07:46 PM

I was at Target, I can look at the numbers before I buy it. If it's a bad one I won't buy it.ttHh8k

post #1720 of 2273 Old 11-28-2013, 08:06 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hennii View Post

I just bought a version code UD03. I confirmed via the Service Menu that it comes with a Samsung Panel.

Thanks so much man! I just bought one of the UD03 models of the 40EH5300 at Target and the service menu says "Type: 40A6AF1D" and my understanding is that A is a S-PVA Samsung panel correct? I am pretty dang excited right now being able to get a deal and the panel I wanted!

EDIT: Does anyone have a guide for a loupe test on these panels? I am 90% sure this is S-PVA, but I'm kind of curious.

Lastly does the Netflix app not support profiles? This is kind of a major bummer for me if that's the case as while I realized this wasn't the latest and greatest in smart TVs I just wanted basic Netflix support, maybe there is a future update in the works? Says Netflix version: 3.10501
post #1721 of 2273 Old 11-28-2013, 10:20 PM
AVS Special Member

For the EH5300 series, the code number for the S-PVA panel is Txxx. The Code number should be on the sticker on the box or on the label that is on the side of the tv. I know there is a way to access the SM to check as well but I don't know how accurate that is, not to mention that accessing the SM is a dangerous thing to do (very easy to brick the tv). The loupe test is nothing more than taking a 10X or greater magnifying lens and looking at the pixel pattern. You can Google S-PVA for pictures of the pixel pattern.
post #1722 of 2273 Old 11-29-2013, 02:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by giustino View Post

Hello guys, I have a samsung tv ue32eh5300 and I would like to know if it is possible to enable the recording of TV channels by usb hard disk.
Thanx in advance.
Is it realy impossible? :-)
post #1723 of 2273 Old 11-29-2013, 05:37 AM

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked: 60
Quote:
Originally Posted by schmitts View Post

Thank you!
Now is much much better, but in the black screens when the HDMI device is on, it's more gray than black. How can I fix it?

It may be because 2nd_R_L, 2nd_G_L and 2nd_B_L are higher than they should, these settings affect black level.
But first you should see if "HDMI Black Level" setting in User menu is correctly configured and make sure you didn't raise the RGB Offsets in white balance settings.
Raising RGB Offsets raises black level so they shouldn't be higher than 25 in User menu.
After checking all this and if the problem persists try equally lowering the 2nd_R_L, 2nd_G_L and 2nd_B_L settings by small decrements (3 or 4) until the black level gets to a level close to what you remember on a specific "Brightness" setting in User menu before running HDMI calibration.
This is a somewhat lousy and painfull method to address the issue, so if you don't feel confident then just don't do it and avoid entering Service menu again.
Quote:
Originally Posted by schmitts View Post

Could I just do this?
http://wiki.samygo.tv/index.php5/HDMI_Calibration_TIP

Isn't it be faster and easier?

I don't recommend you do this.
In any case I suggest you follow Otto Pylot advice and get a calibration disk to do the basic calibration on your TV.
This might correct the issue as well without the need to enter service menu.
post #1724 of 2273 Old 11-29-2013, 06:45 AM

Just picked up the UN46EH5000 on a Futureshop Sale here in Canada. Must say that I was fortunate to find a Version:TS02 amongst the UD03's.

The picture is absolutely gorgeous and the cmr and ghosting all basically non existent. This is a PC Gaming tv and I couldnt be happier with my 

purchase. I also registered with Samsung and had the warranty extended. 

I'm going to be diving into the calibration stuff sometime today so I'm gonna be active on the AVS forum.

Has anyone used this TV primarily as a "PC Monitor"? Many of the advanced settings are greyed out using the "PC" input naming.

Thanks for all the great threads on this forum. You guys really know your stuff!

Cheers!

post #1725 of 2273 Old 11-29-2013, 08:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by reallynotnick View Post

I just bought one of the UD03 models of the 40EH5300 at Target and the service menu says "Type: 40A6AF1D" and my understanding is that A is a S-PVA Samsung panel correct?

Quote:

For the EH5300 series, the code number for the S-PVA panel is Txxx. The Code number should be on the sticker on the box or on the label that is on the side of the tv. I know there is a way to access the SM to check as well

The UD03 is a new version number and appears to have an S-PVA panel also as it is an A panel type when I checked the service menu. Though I didn't have a high enough power magnifier to be able to tell the difference between PVA and MVA as they are both very similar.
Quote:
Originally Posted by xkalibr View Post

Just picked up the UN46EH5000 on a Futureshop Sale here in Canada. Must say that I was fortunate to find a Version:TS02 amongst the UD03's.

As has been pointed out by myself and another user the UD03 is also a S-PVA panel so you would have been fine with one of those, but glad you are also enjoying your set!
post #1726 of 2273 Old 11-29-2013, 09:04 AM
AVS Special Member

^^^^ I hope your are correct about UD03 being an S-PVA panel, but the only real way to determine that for sure is by the loupe test. If the past is any indicator on the panel lottery, it's very unusual for a mfr to change the "panel code" on the same model/year. Txxx could be TS01, TS02, TH01, etc but the first letter usually stays the same. The subsequent year they will change the panel code letter. But, if the panel looks good to you and performs the way you expect, then the panel type is irrelevant.
post #1727 of 2273 Old 11-29-2013, 01:41 PM

I recently purchased a Samsung UE42F5000AKXXU 42-inch tv,  Can someone please help me out and let me know what panel i have, would be very great full :) knowing my luck it will most probably be the worst of the lot

post #1728 of 2273 Old 11-30-2013, 05:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by reallynotnick View Post

The UD03 is a new version number and appears to have an S-PVA panel also as it is an A panel type when I checked the service menu. Though I didn't have a high enough power magnifier to be able to tell the difference between PVA and MVA as they are both very similar.
As has been pointed out by myself and another user the UD03 is also a S-PVA panel so you would have been fine with one of those, but glad you are also enjoying your set!

My mistake I was under the impression that the UD versions were some other manufacturer. I wonder if they are for better or worse than the TS0 versions
post #1729 of 2273 Old 11-30-2013, 06:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by xkalibr View Post

My mistake I was under the impression that the UD versions were some other manufacturer. I wonder if they are for better or worse than the TS0 versions

Yeah I am curious too if there is any real difference between the two. I did some further research into that type code and found out the 1 in it means 2nd panel version (a 0 is the first). So I am guessing UU02 and UD03 will all have a newer panel by Samsung, whether that is good or not I don't know.

So for example my TV is Type: 40A6AF1D
40: size of TV
First A; Manufacturer and A is Samsung
6: 60hz
Second A: Anti-glare
F: Full HD (1080p)
1: Second panel
D: This is supposed to be backlight technology so it might mean direct LED but the codes I have found never mentioned D (C = CCFL; L = LED; E = Edge LED)
post #1730 of 2273 Old 11-30-2013, 04:43 PM

I purchased a Monster brand HDMI cable today from Target. I had been using a very cheap HDMI cable before. It does make a difference. I also found that the 5300 works very well as a monitor for my Sony VAIO.

I got these from Consumer Reports:

Picture Mode: Movie
Contrast (Picture): 90
Brightness: 45
Color: 54
Tint: G46R54
Sharpness: 0
Color Temperature: Warm2
Backlight: 18
Miscellaneous: Flesh Tone = 0, Color Space = auto, White Balance(all = 25) Gamma = 0, HDMI Black level = low, Film mode = auto1, all else off or 0

The picture is very good.
post #1731 of 2273 Old 11-30-2013, 05:09 PM

I guess I lost the 5300 panel lottery -CMI. I found it on the box. When you order online from COSTCO, you don't get the option of choosing your panel.

I will use the tv for casual viewing, movies, computer monitor - no gaming.

Has anyone had any problems with the CMI panel? I am purchasing a Square Trade warranty on it, just in case.
post #1732 of 2273 Old 11-30-2013, 08:43 PM

Quote:

The picture is very good.

Quote:

I guess I lost the 5300 panel lottery -CMI. I found it on the box. When you order online from COSTCO, you don't get the option of choosing your panel.

Has anyone had any problems with the CMI panel? I am purchasing a Square Trade warranty on it, just in case.

The first quote is all that matters, you didn't really lose if the TV looks good to you and you are happy with it. Here on AVS we can all get a little crazier and be perfectionists, in all honesty the differences are small and sometimes I wish I were more naive and could just enjoy a TV with even a few minor flaws.

Anyway the panel itself is generally one of the least likely to fail parts in an LCD, there shouldn't be any life-span problems between the panel types.
post #1733 of 2273 Old 11-30-2013, 10:56 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

I purchased a Monster brand HDMI cable today from Target. I had been using a very cheap HDMI cable before. It does make a difference.

Monster cables are a rip for the price that they charge. All you need is a Certified High Speed HDMI cable from a reputable dealer such as Monoprice, Blue Jeans, etc. You probably had a bad cable to begin with and the Monster cable had little to do with it other than it was a new cable. Don't be taken in by Monster's marketing.
post #1734 of 2273 Old 11-30-2013, 11:41 PM

Liked: 21
Quote:

I had been using a very cheap HDMI cable before. It does make a difference.

No it doesn't. Anyone who thinks it does is kidding themselves they can see justification for being so stupid as to have fallen for the salesman's patter.

As far as HDMI is concerned, a cable is a cable is a cable. HDMI is digital not analogue, and that's the point of digital. The cable is either good enough and works, or isn't good enough and doesn't work. It's not a question of "these two cables both work but this one works a little better than that one". I bought a 10 metre cable on Amazon for less than 10UKP, and it works at 1080p so what else do you need?
post #1735 of 2273 Old 12-01-2013, 07:36 AM

Hi I recently moved this Samsung 26EH4000 HD TV from a room above my garage (which was way too cold) into my room which tends to have alot more dust buildup. However I don't think that is my problem atm.

What concerns me is when I have the tv turned off and I look at my LED screen I keep seeing smudges that look like fingerprints appear back on the screen even after I wiped them off with microfiber cloth.

My question is what do you think is causing this and making it repeatedly appear again? The only thing I can think of is that I have no curtains in my room and right now in these cold months it is 22 degrees outside and the heat is trying to fight that but I don't think this is a condensation thing because they look EXACTLY like fingerprints even though I have not touched the screen.

Thanks for any help and just to repeat it doesn't affect the actual performance of the TV (so far)
post #1736 of 2273 Old 12-01-2013, 09:40 AM

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked: 60
Quote:
Originally Posted by XboxGamer22 View Post

Hi I recently moved this Samsung 26EH4000 HD TV from a room above my garage (which was way too cold) into my room which tends to have alot more dust buildup. However I don't think that is my problem atm.

What concerns me is when I have the tv turned off and I look at my LED screen I keep seeing smudges that look like fingerprints appear back on the screen even after I wiped them off with microfiber cloth.

My question is what do you think is causing this and making it repeatedly appear again? The only thing I can think of is that I have no curtains in my room and right now in these cold months it is 22 degrees outside and the heat is trying to fight that but I don't think this is a condensation thing because they look EXACTLY like fingerprints even though I have not touched the screen.

Thanks for any help and just to repeat it doesn't affect the actual performance of the TV (so far)

It most likelly a ghost... you might want to call the ghostbusters in your area to see if they can resolve your issue...
post #1737 of 2273 Old 12-01-2013, 10:02 AM

Very funny but I'd like a more serious response.
post #1738 of 2273 Old 12-01-2013, 10:07 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by XboxGamer22 View Post

Did you ever notice it before when your tv was in its previous location? If the smudges disappear after wiping them off and then come back looking the same it could be something on the outside of the panel that may need a little more vigorous cleaning. I'd try warm distilled water and a clean microfiber cloth. You may even want to try a good quality eye glass cleaner (something like what the optician would give you) on a small area and see if that works. If not, it may on the inside of the panel in which case you'll probably just have to live with it.
post #1739 of 2273 Old 12-01-2013, 10:47 AM

Thanks alot for the response Otto! I will definitely try those recommendations. I just wish I knew the cause of it, but like you said it could be an inside panel thing.
post #1740 of 2273 Old 12-01-2013, 12:24 PM
AVS Special Member

Just don't use any of the commercial panel cleaners like Monster etc. They contain other organic/inorganic chemicals that my react with the panel coating itself or what ever is on the panel and make it worse. The safest cleaning is with warm, distilled water, and a high quality, clean microfiber cloth.
Reply LCD Flat Panel Displays

Tags
<<. , Displays , Led Hdtv , Samsung , Samsung Un32eh4000 32 Inch 720p 60 Hz Led Hdtv , Samsung Un40eh5300 40 Inch 1080p 60 Hz Led Hdtv , Samsung Un46eh5000 Led Hdtv
Gear in this thread

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page