The *OFFICIAL* 2012 Samsung EH4000/EH5000/EH5300 Owner's Thread... - Page 67 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1981 of 2272 Old 02-16-2014, 12:33 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 21
I have an EH4000 similarly posted with an elderly friend, used with a PVR on HDMI and a DVD on SCART. It doesn't switch away from the HDMI input, so that is no problem, and the SCART automatically takes over when the DVD player is switched on, so again no problem. It is used with a Logitech Harmony remote, and programmed to switch on the TV and PVR as a macro.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #1982 of 2272 Old 02-16-2014, 01:29 PM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Quoted: 135 Post(s)
Liked: 56
Quote:
Originally Posted by mollywhopper View Post

im not screwed. I used the avs checkerboard pattern, went to service menu then down to ADC/WB then to ADC then to HDMI Calibration. Put the avs checkerboard picture up fullscreen on windows viewer hide the mouse, then pressed right on the HDMI calibration and let it do its thing. resulting in HDMI Calibration saying Success. just asking what others peoples settings are. yes mine will be off by like 1-5 on some settings but its not a disaster. here of my results.

ADC Result:
2nd_R_L 134
2nd_G_L 134
2nd_B_L 134
2nd_R_H 49
2nd_G_H 49
2nd_B_H 49

White Balance:
Sub Brightness 128
R-Offset 128
G-Offset 128
B-Offset 128
Sub Contrast 128
R-Gain 128
G-Gain 128
B-Gain 128

Just a quick question.. if things are close, and the calibrations was 'Successful'; did you go back to thru your 'system' settings and turn off the 'Eco' solutions, and all the 'Dynamic Back-lighting'.
Remember that after a SM venture all the Picture settings land on Dynamic with the Back-lighting jacked to 20 and Contrast @ 100%.
post #1983 of 2272 Old 02-16-2014, 01:36 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by avnb View Post

Can this TV be set to automatically default to HDMI1 when turned on?  

This is granted; hard to see all words.. but the menu nav is spot on.

All user setting will be on as stated in a previous post.. see above.
post #1984 of 2272 Old 02-16-2014, 04:23 PM

Liked: 10
What brand is the dvd?
post #1985 of 2272 Old 02-16-2014, 05:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Woobieizer View Post

Just a quick question.. if things are close, and the calibrations was 'Successful'; did you go back to thru your 'system' settings and turn off the 'Eco' solutions, and all the 'Dynamic Back-lighting'.
Remember that after a SM venture all the Picture settings land on Dynamic with the Back-lighting jacked to 20 and Contrast @ 100%.

I did the calibration using hdmi to my tv from my pc while in pc mode. I don't really watch anything else I streaming my cable and watch all bluray movies thru my pc. gotta love that 4.4.4 chroma. things look sharp. but are you saying that I should turn all those on and then calibrate again? like for instance, default everything on my tv and just hook up the hdmi to my tv and leave it on dynamic and then calibrate?

post #1986 of 2272 Old 02-16-2014, 05:45 PM

Is this the service menu? Don't want to get into that,
post #1987 of 2272 Old 02-16-2014, 06:03 PM

Not sure what scarf is, Dvd is connected to tv via RCA cables. Appears as av on the input screen. Cable box is always on. So you are saying that after I turn off DVD player and turn off tv, when I turn it back on it should 'reset' to hdmi . I'll give it a try
post #1988 of 2272 Old 02-17-2014, 12:20 AM

Liked: 21
This is SCART:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/SCART

It's standard in Europe, almost universal for connecting video pre-digital, don't you have it? Phono/RCA doesn't auto-switch, SCART does. I don't think the TV will automatically return to HDMI if the phono (AV) input is selected, but with SCART you don't even have to turn the TV off - loss of the switching signal on the SCART input cancels the override and the set resumes what it was doing before (ie HDMI).

If you don't have SCART, then I think you do need to force boot to HDMI.
post #1989 of 2272 Old 02-17-2014, 05:03 AM
Advanced Member

Quote:

I did the calibration using hdmi to my tv from my pc while in pc mode. I don't really watch anything else I streaming my cable and watch all bluray movies thru my pc. gotta love that 4.4.4 chroma. things look sharp. but are you saying that I should turn all those on and then calibrate again? like for instance, default everything on my tv and just hook up the hdmi to my tv and leave it on dynamic and then calibrate?

No to your question. What I am asking based on the given facts. You entered SM to Calibrate. SM entry resets the tv to all high output setting. Your calibration of HDMI was successful and not a disaster. You restarted your TV and found something you still needed to tweek and you're asking this community for example settings for ADC Results and White Balance, as well as ADC Target....

Instead of using any ADC Results you may obtain, or ADC Target parameters to test. Did you post SM calibration use the regular Menu to adjust the TV's: Backlight, Contrast, Saturation, Sharpness, Eco Setting? Ya know the simple stuff.. just starting here..

Smoking Gun: YIKES! (Click to show)
A thread full of SM warnings and workarounds
post #1990 of 2272 Old 02-17-2014, 07:30 AM

Hi all,

I would like some help and opinions on using the 32" EH5000 UK model in '4:4:4 chroma mode' with the PS4.

I would like to use this mode mainly for the 'true' 1:1 pixel mapping it allows, the thing is I am not sure if this set is set to the right colour space for this mode & input ?

I have set the PS4 to output in 1080p & RGB mode 'Full' and have also set the TV's black level to 'Normal'

Now what I find is that the colours when PS4 is hooked up to HDMI/DVI1 and labelled as 'PC' is that they are muted or washed out - just not got any intensity or richness. This was the same with PS3 & Xbox 360 in the past when they were hooked up in this mode.

I did some Googling and found one reference to a guy mentioning that this TV does not use the correct colour space when in PC mode with consoles etc. - can anyone confirm this ? Surely some other people on here are using games consoles with this TV in 4:4:4 mode for the crisp image and less jaggies.

In Battlefield 4 on PS4 when I use Game mode and have colour set to '45' the image is rich and the grass is green, sea and sky blue but not none of them over saturated to my eye at least but when I switch the label to PC and 4:4:4 kicks in the grass and other thing mentioned just seem lifeless and flat colour wise.

I just need to know if this is how colours should look in 4:4:4 mode or if this TV is treating the signal different and washing them out.

I like this TV a lot and have owned it for about 14 months now and it is used in a man cave for console Gaming almost exclusively with the odd BR every now and then, this issue is starting to bug me and I am potentially considering upgrading to a Sony W6 as this seems to be getting rave reviews for it's ability to make the PS4 and consoles in general sing with it's 4:4:4 Game mode.

Hope someone can clarify this situation once and for all for me - many thanks for your time.

P.S.

I must lastly mention that I am on Firmware 1020 or such and there seems to be a 1028 version out now - I shall update this soon but not sure if this will make any difference with the issue I have.
post #1991 of 2272 Old 02-17-2014, 04:03 PM

Liked: 11
Try adjusting the white balance for the colors in 4:4:4 mode. If you raise the RGB individual gains together with the same level it should help potentially. Also try adjusting the offsets
post #1992 of 2272 Old 02-17-2014, 05:18 PM

Quote:

No to your question. What I am asking based on the given facts. You entered SM to Calibrate. SM entry resets the tv to all high output setting. Your calibration of HDMI was successful and not a disaster. You restarted your TV and found something you still needed to tweek and you're asking this community for example settings for ADC Results and White Balance, as well as ADC Target....

Instead of using any ADC Results you may obtain, or ADC Target parameters to test. Did you post SM calibration use the regular Menu to adjust the TV's: Backlight, Contrast, Saturation, Sharpness, Eco Setting? Ya know the simple stuff.. just starting here..
  Smoking Gun: YIKES! (Click to show)
A thread full of SM warnings and workarounds

1. got the avs calibration vids and pics

2. went to the SM and calibrated using the checkerboard pic for a base settings (which wasn't off by much I should say)

3. HDMI in pc mode, I calibrated using the avs vids and only ended up having to turn brightness down on my blacks.

all im asking is what was the settings other peoples gave them on there same model I have.

I like how you put that sm warnings. lol   smartass? or no? I don't wanna take it wrong ha

post #1993 of 2272 Old 02-17-2014, 06:07 PM
Advanced Member

post #1994 of 2272 Old 02-17-2014, 07:14 PM

Quote:

lol.. we're good! smile.gif

what I mean by went to the sm menu and calibrated is I used the service menu's auto calibration with the checkerboard picture. and it says success after its done, I used the tv menu in pc mode and manually calibrated using the avs vids and pics

post #1995 of 2272 Old 02-17-2014, 07:23 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:

1. got the avs calibration vids and pics
2. went to the SM and calibrated using the checkerboard pic for a base settings (which wasn't off by much I should say)
3. HDMI in pc mode, I calibrated using the avs vids and only ended up having to turn brightness down on my blacks.

all im asking is what was the settings other peoples gave them on there same model I have.

I like how you put that sm warnings. lol smartass? or no? I don't wanna take it wrong ha

Quote:

what I mean by went to the sm menu and calibrated is I used the service menu's auto calibration with the checkerboard picture. and it says success after its done, I used the tv menu in pc mode and manually calibrated using the avs vids and pics

CHECK! Still Good wink.gif
post #1996 of 2272 Old 02-17-2014, 07:44 PM

I'm having problems with getting the auto calibration in the service menu on my EH4000 not to fail.(768p set)

I've tried what feels like everything so far.

I've used this http://i6.minus.com/i9hWkWnG74cwU.png picture with the PS3 in 1080p mode. It just keeps constantly changing the white balance it seems like over and over.
Using the same picture inverted. The purple calibration block just flashes in two spots and does nothing.

I've used the same picture resized to 720p and 768p in PS3 720p mode, non and inverted same results.

Now i've got it hooked up to my PC in 4:4:4 mode running at native 768p and it still fails
post #1997 of 2272 Old 02-17-2014, 08:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrBonk View Post

I'm having problems with getting the auto calibration in the service menu on my EH4000 not to fail.(768p set)

I've used this http://i6.minus.com/i9hWkWnG74cwU.png picture with the PS3 in 1080p mode. It just keeps constantly changing the white balance it seems like over and over.
Using the same picture inverted. The purple calibration block just flashes in two spots and does nothing.

I've used the same picture resized to 720p and 768p in PS3 720p mode, non and inverted same results.

Now i've got it hooked up to my PC in 4:4:4 mode running at native 768p and it still fails

bcd7e601_vbattach159570.jpg 13k .jpg file  try this image plz. I used this and it worked beautifully

Attached Images
File Type: jpg bcd7e601_vbattach159570.jpg (13.0 KB, 12 views)
post #1998 of 2272 Old 02-17-2014, 08:06 PM

Quote:

im waiting for my post to be viewed by a moderator cause I sent you the attachment of the checkerboard picture you are supposed to use. resizing to 720, or 1080p doesn't work its a certain size.

post #1999 of 2272 Old 02-17-2014, 08:14 PM

I tried and it does the same thing as the inverted pattern from before. It flickers from one place and disappears.

I'll try to make a video showing what's happening.

Would setting it to factory reset help i'm wondering?
post #2000 of 2272 Old 02-17-2014, 08:14 PM

Quote:

im waiting for my post to be viewed by a moderator cause I sent you the attachment of the checkerboard picture you are supposed to use. resizing to 720, or 1080p doesn't work its a certain size.

Oh I just saw that i'll give that a shot
post #2001 of 2272 Old 02-17-2014, 08:16 PM

Quote:

I tried and it does the same thing as the inverted pattern from before. It flickers from one place and disappears.

I'll try to make a video showing what's happening.

Would setting it to factory reset help i'm wondering?

plz do a factory reset from service menu and then try again. what model tv? ill try to help as much as I can.

post #2002 of 2272 Old 02-17-2014, 08:16 PM

This picture right? http://i4.minus.com/iRmyD7hXp9cMU.jpg

And it's the 2012 UN32EH4000, with a chimei panel. I'll try this one more time and then i'll try factory reset
post #2003 of 2272 Old 02-17-2014, 08:20 PM

Quote:

And it's the 2012 UN32EH4000, with a chimei panel. I'll try this one more time and then i'll try factory reset

yes that is the picture but did you download mine and try it? use it in fullscreen (no mouse in the way)

post #2004 of 2272 Old 02-17-2014, 08:22 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:

Factory reset will not resolve a failed calibration. You need to read the Smoking Gun thread back to front or front to back. Take a Screen shot of your ADC Target sub menu and post it here.
Thanks.
post #2005 of 2272 Old 02-17-2014, 08:39 PM

Here's the ADC Target sub menu (I haven't touched any of these values by default. I only tried adjusting them for 0-255 for RGB and trying calibration again. And then I changed them back to how I found them. Which is this)
http://i3.minus.com/ibulhFwpbYgjj6.JPG

And here's what happens with the image scaled to full screen in 768p PC mode with no mouse or anything
(Sorry don't really have a decent video camera) https://mega.co.nz/#!rNohWaaS!Zm0xXlHT_v4h8PwKsQiljU2uRcdzUZEKLuHItY34sGE

Before I accidently hit the HDMI calibriation and messed it up to "failure" it had said "Success"
post #2006 of 2272 Old 02-17-2014, 08:55 PM

Quote:

Here's the ADC Target sub menu (I haven't touched any of these values by default. I only tried adjusting them for 0-255 for RGB and trying calibration again. And then I changed them back to how I found them. Which is this)

And here's what happens with the image scaled to full screen in 768p PC mode with no mouse or anything
(Sorry don't really have a decent video camera) https://mega.co.nz/#!rNohWaaS!Zm0xXlHT_v4h8PwKsQiljU2uRcdzUZEKLuHItY34sGE

Before I accidently hit the HDMI calibriation and messed it up to "failure" it had said "Success"

Quote:

Before I accidently hit the HDMI calibriation and messed it up to "failure" it had said

why 768p? cant you go to 720p or 1080p?

post #2007 of 2272 Old 02-17-2014, 08:57 PM

Oh I can, but the TV is a 768p set. That's why it's set to 768p because it's the native resolution. I'll try with the PS3 again set to 720p and 1080p I guess.
post #2008 of 2272 Old 02-17-2014, 09:16 PM

Quote:

Oh I can, but the TV is a 768p set. That's why it's set to 768p because it's the native resolution. I'll try with the PS3 again set to 720p and 1080p I guess.

did anything work? do you have a computer with hdmi? if so try that. if not , then try to use a usb drive and put the picture on it and try to auto calibrate. theres gotta be a way.

post #2009 of 2272 Old 02-17-2014, 09:33 PM

Oh that's what I was using before when I had it set to 768p.

On the same input, through the PS3 set to 720p or 1080p with your image, if I set the ADC "2nd" target for "High" to 251 the purple square doesn't flash and immediately disappear but instead it moves from the black square, to the white one below it and then stops. And then it seems like it is just continuing to adjust the white point/brightness or something.

The "HDMI Calibration - Failure" never seems to change .

If I set the ADC 2nd high to 250, it flashes and disappears like before. Setting it to 255 seems to provide the same result as 251, stops and settles at the first white square.

Maybe i'll try with my PC again.
post #2010 of 2272 Old 02-17-2014, 09:40 PM

Quote:

Oh that's what I was using before when I had it set to 768p.

On the same input, through the PS3 set to 720p or 1080p with your image, if I set the ADC "2nd" target for "High" to 251 the purple square doesn't flash and immediately disappear but instead it moves from the black square, to the white one below it and then stops. And then it seems like it is just continuing to adjust the white point/brightness or something.

The "HDMI Calibration - Failure" never seems to change .

If I set the ADC 2nd high to 250, it flashes and disappears like before. Setting it to 255 seems to provide the same result as 251, stops and settles at the first white square.

Maybe i'll try with my PC again.

~~ - ADC Target - 1st_AV_Low (64) - 1st_AV_High (880) - 1st_AV_Delta(2) - 1st_COMP_Y_Low (64) - 1st_COMP_Cb_Low (512) - 1st_COMP_Cr_Low (512) - 1st_COMP_Y_High (940) - 1st_COMP_Cb_High (512) - 1st_COMP_Cr_High (512) - 1st_COMP_Delta (2) - 1st_PC_Low (4) - 1st_PC_High (1004) - 1st_PC_Delta (2) - 2nd_ACH_Low (4) - 2nd_ACH_High (940) - 2nd_PC_Low (4) - 2nd_PC_High (940) - 2nd_Delta (2)        ive never messed with adc target im not even quit sure what its for actually. the service menu on all Samsung tvs used those settings as far as ive looked up. try all those and leave them. then go to try to auto calibrate?

Reply LCD Flat Panel Displays

Tags
<<. , Displays , Led Hdtv , Samsung , Samsung Un32eh4000 32 Inch 720p 60 Hz Led Hdtv , Samsung Un40eh5300 40 Inch 1080p 60 Hz Led Hdtv , Samsung Un46eh5000 Led Hdtv
Gear in this thread

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page