The *OFFICIAL* 2012 Samsung EH4000/EH5000/EH5300 Owner's Thread... - Page 78 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 
post #2311 of 2321 Unread 10-03-2014, 04:30 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 239 Post(s)
Liked: 79
Can you keep an eye out and be more specific, as to what the message was, and how long or if it had a count down timer. Take a picture next time and share it here. Does your firmware need an update?

You're right that is "misfeature".

Obviously you can disable the network interface, but who besides me would do that? I got tired of seeing "Smart Hub has been updated" messages.

Thanks for posting that..
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2312 of 2321 Unread 10-03-2014, 11:56 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 10
You should be able to see the message in the attached picture. The text is:

"Go deeper into Gracepoint. Take part in
our exclusive polls and quizzes throughout
the episode!

Press [ENTER] on your Samsung TV remote
YAHOO!"

"[ENTER]" is displayed as the Enter symbol on the Samsung remote.

If I don't respond to or dismiss the message, it goes away after about 1 minute.

The set updated itself just before I watched this.

I also got disgusted and disabled the network once, but I put it back on. I don't know if this function uses the network connection or gets everything from the video. I have the program recorded on DVD and the quiz function comes up while I'm watching the DVD. The message doesn't always come up in the same places on repeated plays.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	10-04-14_0238.jpg
Views:	34
Size:	184.4 KB
ID:	294010  
post #2313 of 2321 Unread 10-05-2014, 12:58 PM

Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by bjarmon View Post
Strange question, but i'm sure someone here at AVS has done it.

I am looking at the UN26EH4000 model but the issue is that the space that I must fit it in is only 23.9" and the measurements of this set are 24.2". Does anyone think that by removing the bezel and just having the panel + (components behind it), will help me to lose that extra 0.3" ? Thanks for any help guys/girls
You could try and put the panel in at a slight angle and it might fit.
post #2314 of 2321 Unread 10-05-2014, 10:55 PM

Liked: 0
i have a UN46EH5300FXZA, and i was wondering what a good calibration would be for this set?

i mainly just use it to play games, though, with the occasional movie here and there.

i haven't been able to find anything using google, and searching just the model number gives me places to buy, and stuff from samsungs website about the tv, except for this thread on this forum, and since the title says EH5300, i just assume my tv fits here.
post #2315 of 2321 Unread 10-06-2014, 12:56 PM

Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Liked: 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by we r me go boom View Post
i have a UN46EH5300FXZA, and i was wondering what a good calibration would be for this set?

i mainly just use it to play games, though, with the occasional movie here and there.

i haven't been able to find anything using google, and searching just the model number gives me places to buy, and stuff from samsungs website about the tv, except for this thread on this forum, and since the title says EH5300, i just assume my tv fits here.
Look at post #2283
post #2316 of 2321 Unread 10-06-2014, 03:48 PM

Wink

Quote:
Originally Posted by p5browne View Post
Calman has a new Software out, and I've come up with a small change on how I calibrate. Will probably get another go at things later this week.

Just checked - set only has 142 hours on it. Will wait for 200. Wife's current Contract over end of September, so she'll be back home racking up more hours. Problem then will be getting it to re-calibrate when she's Not Here!
Sounds great, no rush really I'm really happy with your last re-calibration settings @ 100 hours.

I'll check back again and comment on your third charm re-calibration settings if and whenever available.

Thanks again for your consideration and your previous posts on great calibration settings for EH5000 series.
post #2317 of 2321 Unread 10-06-2014, 05:42 PM

Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by johnboy813 View Post
You could try and put the panel in at a slight angle and it might fit.
That would make it fit, but would defeat the purpose of what I am trying to do. I need it to fit inside of this beast (re purposing this cabinet to accept a modern console with a widescreen lcd), but it has to be under 24 inches so I don't destroy the cabinet.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	red_baron_a - Copy.jpg
Views:	12
Size:	82.7 KB
ID:	298098  
post #2318 of 2321 Unread 10-06-2014, 09:03 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 112 Post(s)
Liked: 194
Quote:
Originally Posted by bjarmon View Post
That would make it fit, but would defeat the purpose of what I am trying to do. I need it to fit inside of this beast (re purposing this cabinet to accept a modern console with a widescreen lcd), but it has to be under 24 inches so I don't destroy the cabinet.
Been there, done that. Teak cabinet wouldn't allow for more than a 42". Disassembled part of the cabinet to get the 55" in. (Kept the Teak left overs in the closet. Have come in handy for shelving.)
Now the new 60" have gone thinner, can put one of those in, or go for the 65" curved, with the left and right sides curved out pass the sides. (OLED 4K in 2016?)
post #2319 of 2321 Unread 10-06-2014, 11:32 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Quoted: 239 Post(s)
Liked: 79
Just chatted up Vicky K

Quote:
Originally Posted by rperlberg View Post
You should be able to see the message in the attached picture. The text is:

"Go deeper into Gracepoint. Take part in
our exclusive polls and quizzes throughout
the episode!

Press [ENTER] on your Samsung TV remote
YAHOO!"

"[ENTER]" is displayed as the Enter symbol on the Samsung remote.

If I don't respond to or dismiss the message, it goes away after about 1 minute.

The set updated itself just before I watched this.

I also got disgusted and disabled the network once, but I put it back on. I don't know if this function uses the network connection or gets everything from the video. I have the program recorded on DVD and the quiz function comes up while I'm watching the DVD. The message doesn't always come up in the same places on repeated plays.
Got to get rid of the Yahoo or other created accounts and flush the apps.. Reset the SmartHub to Factory.
Here's the fix.. Here's the Page

Good luck.. this I did early summer. But I spoofed your excellent description, Google landed me on a Samsung page and a chat floater greeted me.. So I took the plunge and got all wet for the team.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	Vicky K.jpg
Views:	293
Size:	286.3 KB
ID:	298474  
post #2320 of 2321 Unread Yesterday, 01:12 PM

yeah, i saw that, however no values go over 100, so i have no idea what to do for the first ones.
post #2321 of 2321 Unread Yesterday, 01:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HareyMon View Post
Look at post #2283
yeah, i saw that, however no values go over 100 so i have no idea what to do for the first part
Reply LCD Flat Panel Displays

Tags
<<. , Displays , Led Hdtv , Samsung , Samsung Un32eh4000 32 Inch 720p 60 Hz Led Hdtv , Samsung Un40eh5300 40 Inch 1080p 60 Hz Led Hdtv , Samsung Un46eh5000 Led Hdtv
Gear in this thread