The *OFFICIAL* 2012 Samsung EH4000/EH5000/EH5300 Owner's Thread... - Page 81 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Baselworld is only a few weeks away. Getting the latest news is easy, Click Here for info on how to join the Watchuseek.com newsletter list. Follow our team for updates featuring event coverage, new product unveilings, watch industry news & more!


Forum Jump: 
Reply
 
Thread Tools
post #2401 of 2420 Old 04-26-2015, 04:06 AM
Member
 
Nemix77's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 28
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by RDrgn View Post
PC mode is pretty bad for gaming IMO because it ignores CMS controls and image quality suffers noticeably.
I find input lag, ghosting and natural sharpness all better in PC Mode, not too noticeably different compared to Gaming Mode but it's there for those who have keen eyes then again it could be a placebo effect from configuring the PS3 in Full RGB in PC Mode.

Not having the audio locked to Movie Mode is also a plus in PC Mode when compared to Game Mode but overall I agree Gaming Mode is better for most users simply because in PC Mode color adjustments cannot be made thus image quality in terms if vibrant colors suffers especially for gaming due to the more natural colors in PC Mode.

Last edited by Nemix77; 04-27-2015 at 07:21 AM.
Nemix77 is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #2402 of 2420 Old 04-27-2015, 09:01 AM
Newbie
 
vicrol123's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Posts: 9
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 11
how restart service menu to recalibrate image?

Cheers!
vicrol123 is offline  
post #2403 of 2420 Old 04-30-2015, 06:46 PM
Member
 
Nemix77's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 28
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Question Quick question...

I'm thinking about upgrading to a 40" EH5000 from my 37" which is a Chi Mei panel, I want the bigger size for gaming and figure that regardless of panel I get with a 40" it cannot be worst then my current Chi Mei panel on my 37".

Just a question:

Does anyone know which panel comes with version UF04?

I kinda need a quick and accurate response if possible, it'll be very appreciated.
Nemix77 is offline  
post #2404 of 2420 Old 05-14-2015, 06:50 AM
Newbie
 
Join Date: May 2015
Posts: 5
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 0
hi everyone! is there a way to get the netflix app with multi-profile (v 4.x) on the Samsung 40 EH5300?
bienporteno is offline  
post #2405 of 2420 Old 05-18-2015, 10:30 AM
AVS Special Member
 
p5browne's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Sudbury, Ontario, CANADA
Posts: 5,192
Mentioned: 47 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 909 Post(s)
Liked: 706
Samsung UN32EH5300 - May 18, 2015
Calibrated using iScan Duo for Patterns, Spectracal C6 on tripod profiled off i1Pro 2,
and using Calman 5.5.0 Beta Build # 1935
Panel Hours: 870

NOTE: NEVER Change settings without first writing down the Originals!

Service Menu: White Balances

Sub Brightness: 112

Red Offset: 110
Green Offset: 111
Blue Offset: 109

Sub Contrast: 117

Red Gain: 126
Green Gain: 123
Blue Gain: 155

Service Menu ADC Reselts:

Original: 0/0/0/0/0/0 (L) 134/134/134 (H) 49/49/49
Calibrated: 0/0/0/0/0/0 (L) 135/150/149 (H) 39/33/28

Movie Values after calibration:
Backlight: 18
Contrast: 89
Brightness: 42
Sharpness: 25
Colour: 50
Tint: 50/50

Advanced settings:
Dynamic: Off
Black Tone: Off
Flesh Tone: 0
RGB Only Mode: Off
colour Space: Native

White Balance: All 25s - Calibrated in Service Menu

Motion Lighting: Off

Gamma: 0

Picture Option:
Colour Tone: Warm2
Digital Noise Filter: Auto
MPEG Noise Filter: Auto
HDMI Black Level: Normal
Film Mode: Off
LED Motion Plus: Off
Eco Mode: Off

NOTES: Warning! If, when working in the Service Menu, and you accidently land in the ADC on HDMI Calibrated
Do NOT use Left, nor Right Arrow keys! Use the Menu Key to back out!

Facts: 2 Point only adjusts values at 30 and 100%.
ADC Results has a broader coverage to get the points inbetween 0 to 100%, and not specific points.
(L) More or less 50% and down (H) 50% and up
vicrol123 likes this.
p5browne is online now  
post #2406 of 2420 Old 05-19-2015, 02:02 PM
Newbie
 
vicrol123's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Posts: 9
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by p5browne View Post
NOTE: NEVER Change settings without first writing down the Originals!
if i dont backup that settings, how i reset?

i used your settings without reset (the 2 latest calibrations)

Cheers!
vicrol123 is offline  
post #2407 of 2420 Old 05-20-2015, 03:59 PM
AVS Special Member
 
p5browne's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Sudbury, Ontario, CANADA
Posts: 5,192
Mentioned: 47 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 909 Post(s)
Liked: 706
Factory Resets, reset the Normal Menus and settings, not the Service Menu's. (Why you MUST write down the Original settings! or as some have mentioned, take a picture with their mobile phones - fine, until some one steals it!)

Last edited by p5browne; 05-20-2015 at 04:04 PM.
p5browne is online now  
post #2408 of 2420 Old 05-20-2015, 04:45 PM
Newbie
 
Join Date: May 2015
Posts: 5
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 0
help please!

hi everyone! is there a way to get the netflix app with multi-profile (v 4.x) on the Samsung 40 EH5300?
bienporteno is offline  
post #2409 of 2420 Old 05-23-2015, 12:07 AM
Senior Member
 
crashbot's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Posts: 232
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 16 Post(s)
Liked: 21
To be fair, one doesn't absolutely HAVE TO note the original calibration settings, but that is to take the risk of making a mess of the recalibration and then not being able to revert to the original calibration.

If you want to learn the hard way, go ahead.
crashbot is offline  
post #2410 of 2420 Old 05-23-2015, 02:54 PM
Newbie
 
Join Date: May 2015
Posts: 5
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 0
hey, please, can anybody answer me? I fell like I'm being absolutely ignored lol

my question was: is there a way to get the netflix app with multi-profile (v 4.x) on the Samsung 40 EH5300?

thanks in advance.
bienporteno is offline  
post #2411 of 2420 Old 05-24-2015, 12:02 AM
Senior Member
 
crashbot's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Posts: 232
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 16 Post(s)
Liked: 21
If it's not there already, then no!
crashbot is offline  
post #2412 of 2420 Old 05-24-2015, 01:10 PM
Newbie
 
Join Date: May 2015
Posts: 5
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 0
I see. thanks for answering crashbot (: nevertheless, I am thinking of buying a new TV... last question and I'll not bother you anymore: between the Samsung 4K UHD HU7000 50' and the LG 4K UHD UB8500 49'; which one would you choose?
I've compared them, and the only difference I found was that the LG is 3D and the Samsung isn't, that's the only difference I found. I'm not particulary interested on having a 3D TV, but in my country, both TVs cost the same. would you choose the LG because it has everything the Samsung has, PLUS the 3D?
again, I can't thank you enough!
bienporteno is offline  
post #2413 of 2420 Old 05-25-2015, 12:34 AM
Senior Member
 
crashbot's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Posts: 232
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 16 Post(s)
Liked: 21
Since I have no knowledge of either of those TVs, I could not answer the question without a significant investment in time researching them.

If it were me, however, I would be reluctant to invest in 4K unless there was a clear prospect of 4K material being commonly available, and then I would have to ask whether 50" is big enough to get the benefit of 4K.
crashbot is offline  
post #2414 of 2420 Old 05-27-2015, 08:59 AM
Newbie
 
Join Date: May 2015
Posts: 5
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 0
I see... I'll look into that then. Thanks a lot for your help crashbot!
bienporteno is offline  
post #2415 of 2420 Old 05-28-2015, 02:09 AM
Member
 
mithras1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Posts: 129
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 58 Post(s)
Liked: 37
Quote:
Originally Posted by p5browne View Post
Samsung UN32EH5300 - May 18, 2015
Calibrated using iScan Duo for Patterns, Spectracal C6 on tripod profiled off i1Pro 2,
and using Calman 5.5.0 Beta Build # 1935
Panel Hours: 870

NOTE: NEVER Change settings without first writing down the Originals!

Service Menu: White Balances

Sub Brightness: 112

Red Offset: 110
Green Offset: 111
Blue Offset: 109

Sub Contrast: 117

Red Gain: 126
Green Gain: 123
Blue Gain: 155

Service Menu ADC Reselts:

Original: 0/0/0/0/0/0 (L) 134/134/134 (H) 49/49/49
Calibrated: 0/0/0/0/0/0 (L) 135/150/149 (H) 39/33/28

Movie Values after calibration:
Backlight: 18
Contrast: 89
Brightness: 42
Sharpness: 25
Colour: 50
Tint: 50/50

Advanced settings:
Dynamic: Off
Black Tone: Off
Flesh Tone: 0
RGB Only Mode: Off
colour Space: Native

White Balance: All 25s - Calibrated in Service Menu

Motion Lighting: Off

Gamma: 0

Picture Option:
Colour Tone: Warm2
Digital Noise Filter: Auto
MPEG Noise Filter: Auto
HDMI Black Level: Normal
Film Mode: Off
LED Motion Plus: Off
Eco Mode: Off

NOTES: Warning! If, when working in the Service Menu, and you accidently land in the ADC on HDMI Calibrated
Do NOT use Left, nor Right Arrow keys! Use the Menu Key to back out!

Facts: 2 Point only adjusts values at 30 and 100%.
ADC Results has a broader coverage to get the points inbetween 0 to 100%, and not specific points.
(L) More or less 50% and down (H) 50% and up
With which panel code? (or 'type' code since you already enter the service menu)
mithras1 is offline  
post #2416 of 2420 Old 05-31-2015, 07:57 AM
AVS Special Member
 
p5browne's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Sudbury, Ontario, CANADA
Posts: 5,192
Mentioned: 47 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 909 Post(s)
Liked: 706
Quote:
Originally Posted by mithras1 View Post
With which panel code? (or 'type' code since you already enter the service menu)
Samsung TVs in North America - Power Off - wait 10 seconds
Mute > 1 > 8 > 2 > Power On
Note: Service Menu is in Dynamic Mode
DO NOT USE Arrow keys if you land on ADC HDMI Calibration. Use the Menu Key to Back out! (Arrow Keys will result in a Purple Screen!!!!)
I only manipulate the ADC Results.

UN65HU9000 with SEK-3500U - Mine
PN64F8500 / UN55HU7250 / UN32EH5300 / 2 X LG 55LHXs - wife's !
p5browne is online now  
post #2417 of 2420 Old 05-31-2015, 09:12 AM
Member
 
mithras1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Posts: 129
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 58 Post(s)
Liked: 37
Quote:
Originally Posted by p5browne View Post
Samsung TVs in North America - Power Off - wait 10 seconds
Mute > 1 > 8 > 2 > Power On
Note: Service Menu is in Dynamic Mode
DO NOT USE Arrow keys if you land on ADC HDMI Calibration. Use the Menu Key to Back out! (Arrow Keys will result in a Purple Screen!!!!)
I only manipulate the ADC Results.
Actually I was wondering which panel the one you did it on has. Since this model can have three different panels (Samsung, Sharp and Chimei Innolux) the settings would probably not apply as well to the other panels ...
Have not picked one up yet but it was on sale this week over here (but then found out it was even cheaper a year ago so no rush; rather pick up the 2014 32H5303 with perhaps somewhat updated Smart software but still $80 difference)

Last edited by mithras1; 05-31-2015 at 09:16 AM.
mithras1 is offline  
post #2418 of 2420 Old 06-05-2015, 06:34 AM
AVS Special Member
 
p5browne's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Sudbury, Ontario, CANADA
Posts: 5,192
Mentioned: 47 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 909 Post(s)
Liked: 706
Quote:
Originally Posted by mithras1 View Post
Actually I was wondering which panel the one you did it on has. Since this model can have three different panels (Samsung, Sharp and Chimei Innolux) the settings would probably not apply as well to the other panels ...
Have not picked one up yet but it was on sale this week over here (but then found out it was even cheaper a year ago so no rush; rather pick up the 2014 32H5303 with perhaps somewhat updated Smart software but still $80 difference)
Samsung Panel UU02

UN65HU9000 with SEK-3500U - Mine
PN64F8500 / UN55HU7250 / UN32EH5300 / 2 X LG 55LHXs - wife's !
p5browne is online now  
post #2419 of 2420 Old 08-09-2015, 04:16 AM
Newbie
 
Join Date: Aug 2015
Posts: 1
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 0
Anyone please find me a lastest eh5300 firmware?
Longhai is offline  
post #2420 of 2420 Old 08-21-2015, 12:38 PM
Newbie
 
Join Date: Aug 2015
Posts: 1
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 0
AV Calibration Settings for UN50EH5300

Hi,

I'm looking for the AV Calibration settings (not HDMI) for a UN50EH5300

I've searched every where and can't find them.

I have managed to get the TV to do a successful Automatic Calibration with a checkerboard pattern, but the colors are still all messed up.

Someone please help.

Thanks
Jamie
jaiume is offline  
Reply LCD Flat Panel Displays

Tags
<<. , Displays , Led Hdtv , Samsung , Samsung Un32eh4000 32 Inch 720p 60 Hz Led Hdtv , Samsung Un40eh5300 40 Inch 1080p 60 Hz Led Hdtv , Samsung Un46eh5000 Led Hdtv
Gear in this thread

Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page


Forum Jump: 

Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off