The *OFFICIAL* 2012 Samsung EH4000/EH5000/EH5300 Owner's Thread... - Page 82 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews

Forum Jump: 
 21Likes

Old 06-02-2016, 10:02 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 0
Woobieizer,

"Can you do anything on this set, or is going into loop from a power off state to a power on state?" I only tried once and it automatically started with Channel 14. After a few minutes looping on Channel 14 decided to turn off and start searching how to stop this scan.

Have wondered if a "Factory Reset" would do this?

Do you know how I can do this for this LED TV?

Have been looking for the "Samsung UN32EH4003 Service Manual" but have found nothing to date.

Thanks

Ken
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-03-2016, 07:08 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 13 Post(s)
Quoted: 477 Post(s)
Liked: 226
Quote:
Originally Posted by KenithO View Post
Woobieizer,

"Can you do anything on this set, or is going into loop from a power off state to a power on state?" I only tried once and it automatically started with Channel 14. After a few minutes looping on Channel 14 decided to turn off and start searching how to stop this scan.

Have wondered if a "Factory Reset" would do this?

Do you know how I can do this for this LED TV?

Have been looking for the "Samsung UN32EH4003 Service Manual" but have found nothing to date.

Thanks

Ken
To enter the service menu:
Set off
With Remote push each key once:
Code:
Mute  1 8 2  Power
The set will come on and show the menu.
using the directional keys and select:
Select Options
Look at menu for 'Factory Reset'
>Select>wait for confirmation and power off set. Repower
Old 07-05-2016, 05:28 PM

Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Any body know how I can find out ask the supported refresh rates for this tv. I have 5300 series and would like to know all the supported. When I press info, defending on the media being played it has shown 24, 60 and 30 Hz but would like to know about other refresh rates such as 25, 50...

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk
Old 07-25-2016, 11:21 AM

Quoted: 8 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Question Netflix video settings

Hello

I cant make Netflix look as good as my Sony Bluray player, even when both use same settings the bluray player Netflix app video is far superior, I wonder why this happens, is just that the TV cant handle higher quality so it reduces it automatically? I tried wireless and wired connection. default Movie mode for both apps.

regards.
Old 07-26-2016, 11:48 PM

Quoted: 19 Post(s)
Liked: 22
What TV?
Old 07-27-2016, 07:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by crashbot View Post
What TV?
Its un40eh5300, I have been tweaking the settings, and using the netflix test patterns to calibrate it,
I was able to make it look better than IE Edge or any browser, and definitely much better than the Wii U or any Android phone.

but i still think the netflix app of bluray player looks better.
Old 07-27-2016, 09:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by crashbot View Post
What TV?
It looks like Netflix is capped at 3000 kbps for every single device in my home, edge browser is supposed to support 5800 kbps but its not doing it. netflix test patters show 5800 kbps rate and looks amazing but all other shows and movies doesn't look that good.

I was testing the bluray player using a VPN and I know it was streaming at 5800 kbps, but then it stopped working maybe because that proxy detection is blocking me now. so different frame rates might be the case of the difference of quality.

Edit: I did some testing with some episodes i found that are @ 6180 kbps, from the native app it looks ok, but not impressive, I put the same episode with the same setting on the laptop connected by hdmi, and renaming the input as BluRay, it looks better. I think the input name has something to do, and thats why the bluray player looked better the other day. but i really dont know whats does different for each input name.

thank you!

Last edited by pepepaco1980; 07-28-2016 at 08:06 AM.
Old 08-09-2016, 09:23 AM

I have a UN50EH5300FXZA and it's intermittently powering off. It seems to be completely random in terms of amount of time the TV is on and frequency of the issue. I have experienced it when using Apple TV, Mac Mini, or Comcast Cable box.

TV is connected via HDMI 2 to a Yamaha receiver, and the receiver handles all input switching between the previously mentioned devices. I have verified all ECO options are off on the TV and the receiver.

Any ideas?
Old 11-13-2016, 07:22 PM

I have a Samsung UE32EH5000.

Can a expert please tell me this : Does this TV fully support RGB Full color space ? Does it display black levels below 16 ?
I cant find this info anywhere.

I want to make it fully compatible with my PS4, and I know that I have to use either :

PS4 RGB Full + TV HDMI Black level Normal

or

PS4 RGB Limited + TV HDMI Black level Low. The settings have to match.

But I read a lot about this and its said that the best way is to use Limited/limited. I thought the other way is better, I am confused as hell right now. :P
Old 11-14-2016, 02:18 AM

I'm not claiming to be an expert, but on the picture settings you will find an "Advanced Control" sub-menu, which includes a colour gamut option... one of which is "wide".

IIRC normal TV is transmitted with the full 24-bit colour space, but DVDs use a reduced span. To expand the DVD output to the full contrast ratio available on the TV, you choose a setting named "cinema" (or similar) - but using the cinema setting for input with the full 24 bits results in artifacts ("solarisation") in the dark and light areas when the input has illegal values for the mapping.

In summary, the proper setting for normal TV is what you want.

However, I have to say that beauty is in the eye of the beholder: try both settings for your PS4 and use whichever appears best. If you can't see a difference, it doesn't matter.

Last edited by crashbot; 11-14-2016 at 02:30 AM.
Old 11-14-2016, 02:44 AM
Lionheart of AVS

Mentioned: 49 Post(s)
Quoted: 1365 Post(s)
Liked: 2335
Quote:
Originally Posted by CroCodile20 View Post

Can a expert please tell me this : Does this TV fully support RGB Full color space ? Does it display black levels below 16 ?

I want to make it fully compatible with my PS4, and I know that I have to use either :

or

But I read a lot about this and its said that the best way is to use Limited/limited. I thought the other way is better, I am confused as hell right now. :P

I don't own the TV, however...

Since your TV has a "HDMI Black Level" setting, then it does support "Full-range RGB".

For more on this setting, see the "Spoiler!" below:

Spoiler!

As to which setting is better, try it and decide for yourself.

In either case, as long as you have both TV and PS4 matching, you should be okay.

Richard
Old 11-14-2016, 07:20 AM

Okay, we concluded that my tv supports Full RGB, then its best to have it all set on Full/Full (HDMI black level Normal), at least its the best for videogames.

But if I wanted to watch some MKV movie or some Blu Ray, I would have to revert back everything to limited, or not ? Cause I read somewhere that all TV/Blu ray content is made in Limited rgb color space.
Old 11-14-2016, 03:01 PM

If I play TV through my projector set to "cinema" (ie DVD playback), I get solarisation - so I conclude that UK TV uses the full 24-bit gamut.

I don't know for sure, but I would think Blu-Ray (not being so limited for data capacity) also uses the full gamut. The industry is now talking about High Dynamic Range, which is 30 bits plus.

Regardless, with the TV set to full gamut and a reduced gamut input, I doubt you would notice much difference.
Old 11-15-2016, 12:23 AM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 12
Quote:

or

Limited only makes sense for Video content. For Computer and console use. USE FULL.
You are losing information otherwise
CroCodile20 likes this.
Old 11-15-2016, 01:44 AM

Quoted: 24 Post(s)
Liked: 17
If the TV menu has a selection for black level NORMAL/LOW, then it can accept FULL levels. I would assume if you feed it RGB and it displays it, the set handles it. I used to feed my EN32EH5300 RGB 4:4:4 FULL 12 bit from my Media Center PC and it was happy and pretty. :-)

Pau;
CroCodile20 likes this.
Old 11-15-2016, 02:36 AM
Lionheart of AVS

Mentioned: 49 Post(s)
Quoted: 1365 Post(s)
Liked: 2335
Quote:
Okay, we concluded that my tv supports Full RGB, then its best to have it all set on Full/Full (HDMI black level Normal), at least its the best for videogames.

But if I wanted to watch some MKV movie or some Blu Ray, I would have to revert back everything to limited, or not ? Cause I read somewhere that all TV/Blu ray content is made in Limited rgb color space.

Yes, for movies you should have both the player and TV set to "Limited-range" (HDMI Black Level setting on "low").

As far as setting it to "Full-range" for games, it it not really necessary since you are probably not going to notice much difference anyways. Just try it both ways and see for yourself - if it looks better to you on "Full" than go right ahead and set it to "Full". In either case, the important thing is that they both "match".

My recommendation is: if you are using your console primarily for gaming, than use "Full-range"; if you are primarily using it for watching movies, than just leave it on "Limited-range". Unless of course, you don't mind switching back-and-forth between the two.

Richard
CroCodile20 likes this.
Old 11-15-2016, 09:46 AM

IIRC the setting for each source can be set independently.

Full gamut is the safest - if you send the limited version full-gamut data, the results are not nice. The other way around is OK (just not optimum - but you may not notice).
Old 11-26-2016, 01:13 PM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Do you guys know if the UN32EH4003 works fine with the PS4 Pro? Because I've been reading that the system is having compatibility issues with the HDMI input of various TVs from Samsung, LG, Vizio, etc. and since the UN32EH4003 is pretty old + only 720p I was wondering if it was safe for me to buy the console. I know the console is mostly aimed at 4k Tvs but don't care about that.
Old Today, 07:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anderegg View Post
I just finished calibrating my EN32EH5300 TS01 using my Spyder4. I am in TV news/production (I own a DSC chart and vectorscope!) and I am very anal about things looking natural and perfect! My gold standard for what a TV camera should produce is 60 Minutes interviews, the TV show. The blacks are deep, but just above blacks are not washed out, and faces look perfect, the right color, tone, saturation. As a profession I am a night time news photographer, so the ability to SHOOT very low light and still get black detail without it turning grey is important to me, as is not getting overexposure and clipping in highlights at the same time. I am not a fan of the "flat" look. Anyway, here are my "9300k 1.8 gamma" HTPC settings I use now. The PC is set to limited 16-235 RGB, and I first calibrated the TV with a stock PC HDMI output, then reran the Spyder on the PC after initially getting the TV calibrated on it's own. It is worth mentioning that Gamma 0 on my set = 1.9. The +/- adjustments are simply .1 increments from 1.9 in either direction. I also used the HDMI low black level to increase contrast. These settings took hours to get right, as the Spyder only wants to spit out unsaturated very ugly brown Warm2, with buried blacks if left to it's own judgement. Maybe it gets better deviation figures in ugly brown mode, but it has to uglify everything to get a good average apparently.

Service Menu WB adjustments

Sub Brightness: 112
Red Offset: 129
Green Offset: 127
Blue Offset: 124
Sub Contrast: 117
Red Gain: 137
Green Gain: 127
Blue Gain: 154

MOVIE

Backlight: 20
Contrast: 98
Brightness: 45
Sharpness: 50
Color: 39
Tint: G47/R53
Gamma: +1
Colorspace: Native
Colortone: Warm 1

Spyder4 always wanted 98 for contrast, and around 38-39 for color as well as that R53 tint shift, regardless of the other settings tested. Alternate HMDI Normal black level brightness value would be 31, if you prefer a slightly flatter picture. Contrast in Spyder testing for both low/45 and normal/31 blacks at base 0.14cd/m, was just under 1700:1. Adjusting the brightness even 1 notch positive, would bring the black level to 0.28cd/m, and drop the contrast down to 1400:1. Yes, hard to calibrate, due to even the slightest variation causing pretty sizable changes in specs. I use this for watching cable TV on Windows Media Center, very happy, looks as good as the EVF on my broadcast cameras.

Paul Anderegg
this also works for the Sharp HH02, the improvement is abysmal. thank you very much I love my TV once again.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Tags
<<. , Displays , Led Hdtv , Samsung , Samsung Un32eh4000 32 Inch 720p 60 Hz Led Hdtv , Samsung Un40eh5300 40 Inch 1080p 60 Hz Led Hdtv , Samsung Un46eh5000 Led Hdtv