this also works for the Sharp HH02, the improvement is abysmal
. thank you very much I love my TV once again.
I wonder if the Advanced Settings also works in PC mode, since in this mode I cant change the Color nor Tint, I have started to use PC mode and stream netflix from my laptop as I have the Impression it looks even better this way. But I dont know if I should revert advanced settings, Or I should move the tint and color from my laptop settings, since I cant change the TV in PC mode. Ill appreciate any help. thanks!
Also Id like to add that for sharp panels, few more points on Color makes the image much better, I noticed this since in PC mode the color is fixed at 50, but I dont recommend beyond 45 since it will bleed on more saturated images.
could also anyone confirm that Standard PC mode using netflix on IE Edge, looks better than the TV netflix app?? or
For PC mode Im using similar settings besides Anderegg's as above:
Brightness: 31/HDMI Black level Normal
Colortone: Warm 1
Edit: I changed the settings to Brightness: 31/HDMI Black level Normal and changed my video card to output limited black range, it looks much better now.
I really would like someone in this forum to test the following just so see if i'm right:
is very important to use exactly these values:
- Optionally use the advanced Service menu settings from Anderegg's
- Connect your laptop to the HDMI DVI input.
- Change the input name to PC in the TV sources tools
- change your video card to output Limited Color Range (very important) and 59Hz Freq.
- change TV video mode to Standard, Contrast: 98, Brightness: 31, HDMI Black level Normal ,Gamma: +1, Colorspace: Native, Colortone: Warm 1
- open netflix using Microsoft Edge, and play anything on it. Edge should stream 1080p unlike other browsers.
- compare the image vs the built in Netflix app
can you see the difference? which one you like the most?
Edit: I continue testing different options, there is another combination that I like even more:
I switch the Video card output to Full range, changed the TV source name to Bluray, Then I setup the settings just like the ones from Anderegg's settings but instead of Movie mode I'm using standard mode, brightness should be 50-51/HDMI black level Normal. Sharpness I left it at 0, since it introduces noise in Bluray mode.
For some reason, Movie mode makes video noise brighter inside the darks, and in Standard mode, that noise blends much better in the dark areas. I also see more wider colors in both dark and bright areas.this is using netflix from Microsoft Edge browser.
I hope this helps anyone else. I'll continue trying to improve the image to the max. thank you.