AVS Forum banner
851K views 2K replies 517 participants last post by  Rick90332 
#1 ·
I picked up a new Samsung UN32EH5000 32" 1080p version for my bedroom. This narrow-bezel, compact-sized TV is the only one that can fit on my small bookcase on top. I'm spending some time calibrating this TV right now, and I would appreciate anyone sharing their picture settings.

#2,292 ·
Strange question, but i'm sure someone here at AVS has done it.

I am looking at the UN26EH4000 model but the issue is that the space that I must fit it in is only 23.9" and the measurements of this set are 24.2". Does anyone think that by removing the bezel and just having the panel + (components behind it), will help me to lose that extra 0.3" ? Thanks for any help guys/girls

#2,297 ·
Interactive quiz

I was watching Gracepoint on my Samsung 5300 and an interactive quiz came up at the bottom of the screen that I had to dismiss with the Exit button. As if it weren't bad enough that the networks are putting all kinds of annoying graphics on the screen, now my own TV is generating more annoying unwanted crap. Is there any way to disable this misfeature?

#2,298 ·
Can you keep an eye out and be more specific, as to what the message was, and how long or if it had a count down timer. Take a picture next time and share it here. Does your firmware need an update?

You're right that is "misfeature".

Obviously you can disable the network interface, but who besides me would do that? I got tired of seeing "Smart Hub has been updated" messages.

Thanks for posting that..

#2,299 ·
You should be able to see the message in the attached picture. The text is:

"Go deeper into Gracepoint. Take part in
our exclusive polls and quizzes throughout
the episode!

Press [ENTER] on your Samsung TV remote
YAHOO!"

"[ENTER]" is displayed as the Enter symbol on the Samsung remote.

If I don't respond to or dismiss the message, it goes away after about 1 minute.

The set updated itself just before I watched this.

I also got disgusted and disabled the network once, but I put it back on. I don't know if this function uses the network connection or gets everything from the video. I have the program recorded on DVD and the quiz function comes up while I'm watching the DVD. The message doesn't always come up in the same places on repeated plays.

Attachments

#2,301 ·
i have a UN46EH5300FXZA, and i was wondering what a good calibration would be for this set?

i mainly just use it to play games, though, with the occasional movie here and there.

i haven't been able to find anything using google, and searching just the model number gives me places to buy, and stuff from samsungs website about the tv, except for this thread on this forum, and since the title says EH5300, i just assume my tv fits here.

#2,309 ·
Hey,

I have the EH5300 but i am looking to find recommended settings for the playstation 4
i am looking for like a month now.

If anyone has good calibrated setting for this HDTV for the tv i really apreaciate it for letting
me know because i really cant find anything on the internet about this HDTV.

Sincerly,

Un

#2,311 ·
I just picked up a 32EH5300 from Best buy open box for 200.30 tax and all. So far I really like it. I have it connected to my pc. I have been playing with settings trying to make it look better. I feel like I'm still missing something. THe imput lag is fine for me. I don't notice it anymore then my 24" dell monitor I was using. I'm just curious if anybody has settings for PC in darker room, and do I need to update this set? Anything else a new owner should know?

Oh I looked and the screen is UU02? Who makes that?
Thanks!

#2,312 · (Edited)
#2,318 ·
No

Hi,

I own a Samsung UA40EH5000.
I would like to install a UE40EH5000 firmware on it (same model, different region) because it compatible with my language.

Does anyone know if it's OK?
I don't want to brick my TV...

Thanks!
Don't follow the temptation: Per hristoslav2
The tuner and boards differ per COMPLETE model number.. hence a difference in firmware.
How to read the model? / For OLED and LCD models /
Model: UE-40H6510AWXZG
U - sets backlight

• U - LED backlight
  • L - CCFL backlight
  • K - OLED

E - continental destination

• E - Europa
  • A - Asia, Africa, Australia
  • N - North America, Korea, South America
  • F -?

40 - diagonal screen size in inches / 1 inch = 2.5 cm /

• 65 "- 162.5 cm
  • 60 "- 150.0 cm
  • 55 "- 137.5 cm
  • 50 "- 125.0 cm
  • 48 "- 120.0 cm
  • 46 "- 115.0 cm
  • 42 "- 105.0 cm
  • 40 "- 100.0 cm
  • 39 "- 97.5 cm
  • 32 "- 80.0 cm

H - Release Year Model

• HU - Ultra HD 2014
  • H - Full HD Edge led 2014
  • F - Edge led 2013
  • FH - Hybrid model 2013 (Direct led)
  • ES - Edge led slim model 2012
  • EH - Hybrid model 2012 (Direct led)
  • E - CCFL 2012
  • D - 2011
  • C - 2010
  • B - 2009
  • A - 2008

6 - series

• 4 - starter model
  • 5 - budget class
  • 6 - middle class
  • 7 - middle class
  • 8 - high series
  • 9 - flagship series

7 - Fixes subspecies attention these goodies under 5 have a low chassis series, but housing the displayed

• 2 -
  • 3 -
  • 4 -
  • 5 -
  • 6 -
  • 7 -
  • 8 -
  • 9 -

1 - determines the design and color of the hull and the stand / annually for each series is different 0 - dealer - a specific pattern of variation of the extras and the channel of distribution. Often directly related to the sub.

• 1 -
  • 2 -
  • 3 - an old model with truncated interface - example UE32FH4003W
  • 5 -
  • 6 -
  • 7 - the presence of a DVB-T2 tuner

AW - responsible for raised tuner

• AW - DVB-T / C
  • AK - DVB-T2 / C
  • AB - DVB-T2 / C / S2
  • AT - 2 x DVB-T2 / C / S2
  • AL - DVB-T2
  • AS - DVB-T2
  • SS - DVB-T / C / S2
  • SB - DVB-T2 / C / S2,
  • ST - 2 x DVB-T2 / C / S2
  • SL - 2 x DVB-T / C / S2
  • LX - DVB-T2
  • SX - DVB-T2
  • DK - Multisistem
  • AF - ATSC / Clear QAM
  • F - ATSC
  • AH - DTV ISDB-T / DVB-T
  • AG - ISDB-T DTV / GINGA
  • G - DTV ISDB-T
  • AR - Analog + DTV tuner Ready
  • AM - DVB-T / C / MHEG 5
  • AJ - iDTV tuner / DTMB
  • YJ -
  • LG -
  • J - iDTV tuner
  • M - DVB-T / MHEG
  • BM - DVB-T / C / MHEG 5
  • BT -?
  • BR - DTV tuner Ready
  • RX -
  • R - DTV tuner Ready

X - chassis ?? sign of finished product (S-SKD and C-CKD)

• X - standard chassis?
  • P -?
  • L -?
  • C - with built-in lightning protection, surge and high humidity
  • M -?
  • S -?

XH -Regional code (now two-letter)

• XH - Eastern Europe (Bulgaria, Hungary, Poland, Romania, Serbia ...)
  • XE - Norway, Sweden, Denmark
  • XN - Belgium Netherlands Luxembourg
  • XC - Spain, Slovenia
  • XU - England, MHEG 5
  • XX -?
  • BT - Baltics / Lithuania, Latvia, Estonia /
  • RU - Russia
  • UA - Ukraina
  • UZ - Uzbekistan / Tajikistan
  • CS - Kazakhstan
  • ZF - France HBBTV
  • ZG - Germany, Austria & Switzerland
  • ZH - Czech Republic, Slovakia
  • ZT - Italy, MHP (1.1.3)
  • TK - Turkey
  • ZC - Canada
  • ZA - USA
  • ZX - Mexico
  • ZD - Brazil
  • DF - Argentina
  • ZL - Columbia
  • ZS - Chili
  • PE - Pery
  • PA - Costa Rica, Ecuador, El Salvador, Guatemala, Honduras, Nicaragua, Panama, Dominican Republic, Venezuela
  • ZN - Arab countries?
  • ZK - Hong Kong
  • XY - Australia
  • XS - Singapore
  • XP - Philippines
  • XM - Malaysia
  • XD - Indonesia
  • XD - Indonesia?
  • XZ - China
  • XL - India
  • XL - India
  • XT - Thailand
  • XA - Africa
  • MS - Asia?
  • MN - United Arab Emirates (UAE)
  • HC - Iran
  • HD -?
  • SH - Iran
  • SK -?
  • L - India
  • RD - New Zeeland
  • EG - Egypt

#2,322 ·
OK @Woobieizer you convienced me, thanks.

Another quick question: is it possible that the official importer of Samsung to my country has a custom firmware for the TVs he's importing which support my language and are not available for download at the Samsung website?
Higher possibility is contacting Samsung via the product page, or calling there 800 number, or even online chat to explain your situation fully, as opposed to asking on a forum.

#2,323 ·
Hey all... I've been out of the hobby for a while. Without getting into all the little details is the Sammy UN48H5500 a no brainer at $497 out the door? I need a new TV for my bedroom and don't want to go crazy doing comparisons for weeks. I'll save the craziness for when I upgrade my family room. :)

#2,324 ·
Would the calibration settings be the same for a Samsung UN40EH5000?

In the market for the Samsung UN40EH5000 and would like to know if the calibration settings for it would be the same as the device listed in post 2283 (a Samsung UN32EH5300).

Sub Brightness: 128 / 112 / 112
Red Offset: 128 / 131 / 131
Green Offset: 128 / 129 / 123
Blue Offset: 128 / 126 / 118
Sub Contrast: 135 / 117 / 117
Red Gain: 148 / 140 / 122
Green Gain: 128 / 128 / 128
Blue Gain: 165 / 152 / 166

Movie Values after calibration:
Backlight: 18
Contrast: 92 / 94
Brightness: 47 / 46
Sharpness: 20 / 34
Colour: 50 / 50
Tint: 50/50 / 50/50

Advanced settings:
Dynamic: Low / Off (If haze is an issue, put on Low, but it does affect specs.
Black Tone: Off
Flesh Tone: 0
RGB Only Mode: Off
colour Space: Native
White Balance: All Values at defaults of 25

Gamma: 0 / -1

Picture Option:
Colour Tone: Warm2
Digital Noise Filter: Off
MPEG Noise Filter: Off
HDMI Black Level: Normal
Film Mode: Off
LED Motion Plus: Off

TIA

#2,326 ·
I need a little help. I updated the firmware to 1008 on my UN32EH4003FXZA and after restart, have a prompt that says:

Main Board has changed. Please go into Service Mode and setup below options. Type, Local Set, Front Color Options. Samsung support of course wants to dispatch a tech.

I figured I would return my TV but after reading up on SM options, it would seem I may want to go do some tweaks. Only, I cannot locate anywhere that documents my default settings. I thought everything was on the internet!

I know to not blindly make changes and to document all settings.

Does anyone have a link to the answers I need to provide above, to at least get that prompt from appearing every time I turn on my TV? I live in the US. Or, preferred settings!

Thanks in advance.
Randy

#2,328 ·
Thanks Woo, I did live chat only, and they simply had me unplug the power 30 seconds, They are recommending repair.

The store to return it is only 5 minutes away no restock fee, but I figure its a good time to give the AVS forum preferred SM tweaks a whirl.

I just need a baseline and to get rid of the annoying prompts. Perhaps the next time I update any Samsung firmware, I should go into SM and document everything first. On a different Sam SmartTV, I am not sure I like the latest firmware.... the picture looks darker.

#2,329 · (Edited)
Messing in the service menu, especially to select a panel type is bad business. Yet..
You can take off the back cover and grab a pic of your label and proceed to Samsung Parts or Google the number to find out which panel came / is installed.. takes the guess work out of the many preselects that are populated in the SM.

What most ppl do is take a pic of the menu here: to see what's what for panel. You need to reverse engineer the process to find the panel type to re-input back into the SM. Or you can just hunt and peck the different inputs that start with 32xxxxxx
Ie mine is:
46A6AF1D
Why is this imperitive to be correct.. Ask hristoslav2 the next time you visit.. code breaks down the exact specs of the panel config.
EXAMPLE Type 40A1UF0C?
40 - Inch - size
A - Vendor
1 - Panel frequency
  • 6 - 50/60Hz
  • 1 - 100/120Hz
  • 2 - 200/240Hz
U - Panel type
  • A - AntiGlare
  • T - TN
  • U - Ultra Clear
F - Resolution
  • H - HD ready
  • F - FullHD,
  • U - Ulthra HD
0 - /Panel 1st/2nd (1st=0, 2nd=1…)
  • 0 -
  • 1 -
  • 2 -
C - BLU (BackLight Unit)
  • C - CCFL,
  • L - LED,
  • D - Direct LED
  • E - Edge LED
  • V - Vertical Edge LED (above and below)
  • S - Side by side LED (left & right)

You've got homework to do.. if you have your box it's easier.

11 different versions with as many or more panel options:

#2,490 ·
Messing in the service menu, especially to select a panel type is bad business. Yet..
i mistakenly flashed UNEH5000 FRIMWARE ON MY UAEH5000, NOW ITS SHOWING MAINBOARD HAS BEEN CHANGED OKEASE GI UBTI SERVICE MENU.

AND ITS NOT SETTING CABLE CHANNELS. USB MEDIA PLAYING FINE. I CANNOT AFFORD SAMSUNG SERVICE REPAIR. CAN YOU PLEASE TELL ME HOW CAN I FLASH BACK UA40E5000 FRIMWARE SO MY FAMILY CAN WATCH TV AGAIN. ITS MY DAD TV :(

I SEARCGED THE FORUM BUT DIDNT FIND ANY SOLUTION PLEASE HELP OR GUIDE ME.

#2,330 ·
I have my version, DD09. That points to board part number: BN96-23845A

Googling that looking for settings now.... but not having much luck. If you know the 3 items I need I will present my disclaimer now, no one is held liable as I am likely going to return it at this point. But I want to learn and maybe even make it better.

If there is a time to brick a TV for me, it is now.

I did peruse my SM "type" options. There are many 32xxx options to choose from. Oddly, there is one to the left of the NONE option, out of place since all the other choices are listed numerically. I have not dared choose him yet, I have not changed a single thing actually.

Thanks again Woo, including the pics and links.

#2,331 ·
UPDATE.

I am returning the TV. It just occurred to me that I would likely need to do a full audit of every SM setting, to have full confidence in this TV.

I am anyone faces the same issue with the same TV in the future, ping me!

For the record I will not be doing the firmware update to 1008 as soon as I get home, again!

Thanks again Woo.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.