Sony HX750 vs. HX850? - Page 3 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #61 of 80 Old 03-07-2013, 12:28 PM
AVS Club Gold

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 37
?....did it get blessed by the Pope before he retired?

"We can complain because rose bushes have thorns or rejoice because thorn bushes have roses". - Abraham Lincoln
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #62 of 80 Old 03-07-2013, 01:25 PM

Liked: 18
Quote:
Originally Posted by steve1971 View Post

Hey gator no you wouldnt find it on a google search because it is a demo model. I guess now the cat is out of the bag so to speak and now you know why I love my tv as much as I do and rave about it as much as I do. Now if I could only find an AVR to pair it up with!
Like I just told gator my tv is a demo model and I wouldnt believe every review Cnet does. But the HX850 is an excellent tv and deserves all the high praise it gets.

Two things here in light of this:

1) I believe you are not being truthful here for reasons related to many of your comments in the Official HX750 thread. You just don't seem very.... authentic or educated in your responses on these forums.

2) If for some off the wall unbelievable reason you actually did have some sort of weird, demo-y, altered HX750, that pretty much also nullifies everything you've ever said about your TV in any of these threads IN COMPARISON TO everybody else's HX750s and their experiences with them.

So either way whether you're making this up or not, you've basically made an ass out of yourself in doing so, and it's certainly not the first time you've done that on these forums. Way to go, Steve. Very disappointing for sure.
post #63 of 80 Old 03-07-2013, 01:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Browninggold View Post

?....did it get blessed by the Pope before he retired?

That's about the most plausible answer at this point.

smh and lmao
post #64 of 80 Old 03-07-2013, 01:30 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 18 Post(s)
Liked: 86
Lol. I agree. You didn't say anything other than "it's a demo model," which means next to nothing. Then you prefix it in your blu-ray.com profile as an XBRHX750, which has never existed. The 750 was not designated as an XBR model even at CES 2012. Saying its an XBR does not make it one.

ht Panasonic TC-P60ZT60, Monitor Audio: Silver RX6, RX Centre, Radius 90HD; Martinlogan Dynamo 700, Marantz SR5006, PS3, Oppo BDP-103D
2ch Marantz PM8004, Sony BDP-S1000ES, JVC T-X3 tuner, Monitor Audio Silver RX1, REL T3, Apple TV, Peachtree Audio DAC•iT
lr Panasonic 50ST60, Sony BDP-S5100
post #65 of 80 Old 03-07-2013, 04:19 PM

Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gregck View Post

Never saw your post last year - BUT gorilla class is one of the reasons I and others have chose the 2011/2012 sony lines over similar models. It definitely provides a premium feel and it all depends on the user, you obviously don't care for it but I find it quite amazing. Guess whatever fits in your budget works best!

i absolutely love the look of the 850 vs 750.
post #66 of 80 Old 03-07-2013, 04:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gatorboi352 View Post

That's about the most plausible answer at this point.

smh and lmao

what i dont get is how would one know it was an xbr demo model unless it stated that on it.
post #67 of 80 Old 03-07-2013, 05:05 PM
Advanced Member

Liked: 38
Quote:
Originally Posted by jtown017 View Post

what i dont get is how would one know it was an xbr demo model unless it stated that on it.

Maybe settings it shouldn't have.
post #68 of 80 Old 03-07-2013, 05:10 PM

Liked: 11
gatorboi352 your post reveals a lot about yourself. do you feel good taking somebody down like that? feel sorry for the people that have to hang around you. hope you sleep well tonight.
steve1971 likes this.
post #69 of 80 Old 03-07-2013, 05:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by loverotties View Post

gatorboi352 your post reveals a lot about yourself. do you feel good taking somebody down like that? feel sorry for the people that have to hang around you. hope you sleep well tonight.

Hop over to the Official HX750 thread and scan through a few 10s of pages on there including a couple of steve's childish rants and feuds with other members and you'll understand where I'm coming from. Hell, I've even defended the guy a few times on there. Knowing what I know now, I can't believe I ever did.
post #70 of 80 Old 03-07-2013, 06:36 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 59 Post(s)
Liked: 214
Quote:
Originally Posted by loverotties View Post

loverotties its ok I can take the heat and aint at all bothered by what gatorboi and others have said. I just read the hate and laugh.
Quote:
Originally Posted by gatorboi352 View Post

Hop over to the Official HX750 thread and scan through a few 10s of pages on there including a couple of steve's childish rants and feuds with other members and you'll understand where I'm coming from. Hell, I've even defended the guy a few times on there. Knowing what I know now, I can't believe I ever did.

As for your comments gator? I regret all thoughs rants and feuds with other memebers over on the HX750 thread and if I could take back all I said I would because indeed it was childish and very stupid on my part but whats done is done. You and others want to run me down then thats ok too, I personally dont give a hoot. I never asked for you to defend me. I think what it all stems from is I own something you and a few others dont and that deep down bothers you and if thats the case then its just plain crazy and childish on your part. I aint gonna respond anymore to your hate filled rants about me or my charachter because it aint worth my time because your opinion of me dont matter one bit. You want to make it personal then by all means pm me ok?

Enough said.
post #71 of 80 Old 03-08-2013, 12:36 PM

Quote:

loverotties its ok I can take the heat and aint at all bothered by what gatorboi and others have said. I just read the hate and laugh.
As for your comments gator? I regret all thoughs rants and feuds with other memebers over on the HX750 thread and if I could take back all I said I would because indeed it was childish and very stupid on my part but whats done is done. You and others want to run me down then thats ok too, I personally dont give a hoot. I never asked for you to defend me. I think what it all stems from is I own something you and a few others dont and that deep down bothers you and if thats the case then its just plain crazy and childish on your part. I aint gonna respond anymore to your hate filled rants about me or my charachter because it aint worth my time because your opinion of me dont matter one bit. You want to make it personal then by all means pm me ok?

Enough said.

i think its childish to flaunt and give "tips" on what you supposedly have especially when you are trying to compare 750 to 850 or 750 xbr to others that arent xbr.

i.e. if you really want to know, go over to bluray and check out my sig
i.e. check your pm but i wont send it to anyone else.

Who gives a crap! I am actually sure most of us would think it was awesome if you do happen to have something that others don't. We would all be interested.
Plus what does it hurt to tell people on a sony hx750 FORUM.

I'm sure if you just came out and said, "Hey guys, I think i have something awesome! I think i got a XBR demo version of the 750!! Check out these photos of these settings i have or bla bla bla"
It would be like someone saying they have no clouding or banding or dse and people are excited for them. I am sure if you just came out and not played games you would have received a good reception of your secret tv.
post #72 of 80 Old 03-08-2013, 01:56 PM

Liked: 13
Quote:

... I think what it all stems from is I own something you and a few others dont and that deep down bothers you and if thats the case then its just plain crazy and childish on your part. I aint gonna respond anymore to your hate filled rants about me or my charachter because it aint worth my time because your opinion of me dont matter one bit. You want to make it personal then by all means pm me ok?

Enough said.
Steve,

If you have some special version of this TV, great, I don't care. But I think what bothers people, stems more from the fact that your comments, praise, etc in the 55HX750 thread are based on what is now being revealed as not a standard HX750 TV that everyone else in the HX750 thread has. That comes across as being dishonest, or at least being disingenuous, especially with the sheer quantity of posts in the HX750 thread claiming how great yours looks (without revealing you have a "special version"). I think that speaks directly to your character.

Maybe yours is so "great" because its this special set. Does yours have a different panel, a different back light, other different components or circuits compared to the retail model the rest of us have? Maybe the many calibration settings you posted are good only from your special Hx750 that no one else has or can get. Lets face it, even you posted how settings from one model set don't always work on another model set.
jtown017 likes this.
post #73 of 80 Old 03-08-2013, 03:07 PM

+1 MARK
post #74 of 80 Old 03-09-2013, 05:27 AM

steve - not necessarily sticking up for you in my post to gatorboi352. that post got very personal and ugly and then got immature on his post on the other thread. sounds like you're guilty of acting similar in previous posts. don't really care if you have a special tv or not. i have enjoyed the help everyone has provided me in reading this thread and the other thread. sharing calibrations helped me get my tv from something i was already happy with out of the box to something even better. also like everyone having opinions, sometimes different from mine, that allows me to consider other views. sounds like most of us like our hx750 or hx850 with pretty good reasons for preferring one over the other. i think that's why these forums exist. everyone gets to post their views or help others out. it would be nice if you and others would think twice before posting something so very negative that it takes the fun out of it for the rest of us.
post #75 of 80 Old 03-09-2013, 05:45 AM

steve - just something to consider - when the posts were going on about flashlighting and at the time you were the only one that didn't have any, why didn't you post that your tv was special as a possible reason? lots of reasons for everyone to have doubts but as i said, don't really care.
post #76 of 80 Old 03-09-2013, 05:52 AM

I bought a hx750 last November and find the settings that tcruise7771 provided are just beautiful and I've been reading the other thread with interest. I actually have tried some of the other settings I found here and there but the tcruise7771 is the real deal. But the dissing that Stevie boy has been doing is amazing, and interesting to follow to us quiet ones. Stevie needs to go away and take his childish behaviors with him. Unbelievable.
post #77 of 80 Old 03-11-2013, 09:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark_Venture View Post

Steve,

If you have some special version of this TV, great, I don't care. But I think what bothers people, stems more from the fact that your comments, praise, etc in the 55HX750 thread are based on what is now being revealed as not a standard HX750 TV that everyone else in the HX750 thread has. That comes across as being dishonest, or at least being disingenuous, especially with the sheer quantity of posts in the HX750 thread claiming how great yours looks (without revealing you have a "special version"). I think that speaks directly to your character.

Maybe yours is so "great" because its this special set. Does yours have a different panel, a different back light, other different components or circuits compared to the retail model the rest of us have? Maybe the many calibration settings you posted are good only from your special Hx750 that no one else has or can get. Lets face it, even you posted how settings from one model set don't always work on another model set.

This. So much this. And what loverotties said as well.

Sure my reaction was brash and rushed. And I was even warned for it, but no matter to me. Everything steve has put us through on these threads and making them a little less enjoyable every time he had another rant or immature reply, so I guess I kind of exploded. For that I do apologize to everyone else.
post #78 of 80 Old 03-22-2013, 09:54 AM

Liked: 12
Can someone elaborate on the differences in 3D performance between these two models? I'm leaning more towards the 750, mainly due to the screen glare on the 850. I'd consider the 850 is there was honestly a noticeable difference in 3D performance. From what I've seen on store demo units, the 3D looked pretty similar between the two.

I'm looking to make my purchase next week, before these models are replaced with the 2013 models. I definitely don't want a passive 3D set, so the 2012 models are a must for me.
post #79 of 80 Old 03-22-2013, 11:48 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 59 Post(s)
Liked: 214
Quote:
Originally Posted by goldenegg View Post

Can someone elaborate on the differences in 3D performance between these two models? I'm leaning more towards the 750, mainly due to the screen glare on the 850. I'd consider the 850 is there was honestly a noticeable difference in 3D performance. From what I've seen on store demo units, the 3D looked pretty similar between the two.

I'm looking to make my purchase next week, before these models are replaced with the 2013 models. I definitely don't want a passive 3D set, so the 2012 models are a must for me.

Golden. There really is no difference between the 2 as far as 3D is concerned. Both sets produce excellent 3D so you can't go wrong with either one.
post #80 of 80 Old 03-24-2013, 05:22 AM

Liked: 13
Quote:
Originally Posted by goldenegg View Post

I can't comment on 3d performance, but as for glare, while the glass of the 850 will likely give you more glare, when it comes to my 55HX750, I see more glare than I saw with my 46XBR6 (mounted in the same location above the fire place.) What I see now, is outside light coming through the front living room window (TV is in family room in back) it gives me an impression/reflection of the window, and things like the over head lights, that were not there when we had the XBR6 mounted there. Its very noticeable on darker scenes, on bright scenes, like hockey games, its not noticeable at night, but is a problem during the day. I'll need to put darker curtains in the living room for sure.
Reply LCD Flat Panel Displays

Tags
Sony , Sony Kdl46hx750 46 3d Led Hdtv , Sony Bravia Kdl46hx850 46 Inch 240hz 1080p 3d Led Internet Tv Black , Sony Bravia Kdl40ex720 40 Inch 1080p 3d Led Hdtv , Sony Bravia 40inch Led Tv 3d Support Bravia Hx750 Kdl 40hx750 , Sony Bravia 55 Inch Led Tv 3d Support Bravia Hx850 Kdl 55hx850
Gear in this thread

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page