LG 55LH40 HDMI Issues - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 1 Old 04-22-2012, 10:45 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I've had this TV for about 2 years, and it has been hooked up the same way all that time. Two days ago I started getting "no signal" with intermittent sound, or a picture w/o sound when switching inputs.

This TV receives HDMI from an Octava cat5/6 4x4 Matrix. The Matrix feeds the signal from one of 4 sources through 2 CAT6 lines up to a Octava Receiver. The HDMI from that receiver goes into an Onkyo TX-SR505, and then onto the TV.

As of two days ago, switching inputs on the Matrix causes the TV to not regain a picture. If I unplug the HDMI cable at the TV and plug it back in, the Picture and sound will return after 5+ seconds. The picture is SOLID at that point until I switch sources on the matrix.

The Other TV's in the house (connected the same way) do not act this way. I went as far as bringing a small HDTV to the same location (same HDMI cable etc...) and that TV works fine with all the same connections. So I'm pretty sure *something* wonky has gone wrong with the TV itself. I tried multiple HDMI inputs on the TV w/o any better results. I tried swapping Octava Receivers, I tried bypassing the Onkyo receiver. Which all leads me to the TV itself.

Has anyone experienced something similar? Is it correctable (resetting the TV) or anything similar? I plan to call LG tomorrow to just see if there's possibly anything I can do.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Reply LCD Flat Panel Displays

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page