Official Sony HX850 Owner's Thread (46HX850, 55HX850) - Page 19 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 
Reply
 
Thread Tools
post #541 of 2241 Old 09-14-2012, 02:06 PM
Advanced Member
 
Justin Sullins's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: KC
Posts: 749
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 32
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trilel View Post

I will have to try setting the LED dimming to Standard and see if that gets rid of clouding at least.
Anyone know how to get rid of blurry faces even in HD?
I have not figured this out yet.

Are you seeing the blurry faces on blu-ray movies or just TV(Cable, Dish)?
Justin Sullins is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #542 of 2241 Old 09-14-2012, 02:46 PM
Member
 
rajivr's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 109
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 15
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trilel View Post

I will have to try setting the LED dimming to Standard and see if that gets rid of clouding at least.
Anyone know how to get rid of blurry faces even in HD?
I have not figured this out yet.

Are you seeing blurry faces when the picture is relatively still or when there is fast panning? Can you post some pictures?
rajivr is offline  
post #543 of 2241 Old 09-14-2012, 02:57 PM
Newbie
 
samplex's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Posts: 4
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Just bought the 55HX850 today, looked at the internet and saw pictures it also got a normal stand under the TV but it only comes with the metal stand in The Netherlands frown.gif
I wish you got both because it to low and my center speaker is now to high in front of the tv...
samplex is offline  
post #544 of 2241 Old 09-14-2012, 10:02 PM
Newbie
 
Trilel's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Posts: 7
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by Justin Sullins View Post

Are you seeing the blurry faces on blu-ray movies or just TV(Cable, Dish)?


Not on Blue Ray, but I do see it a bit on HD and alot on SD channels compared to my old Plasma which never had blurry faces unless on a really bad SD channel.

I can live with it on HD cause it's not real bad, but the SD channels it's really hard to watch some of them cause of the bad detail on faces. It could be my set is messed up to or needs calibrated.

I have Geek Squad coming in 5 days to do it. They said the TV has to be running at least 100 hours before they can calibrate it. I can only hope this will help some, but I am not holding my breath.
Trilel is offline  
post #545 of 2241 Old 09-15-2012, 09:27 AM
Newbie
 
hkot's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Posts: 2
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Led dynamic control set to standard. Clouding is not visible while watching cable/blu-ray or gaming. The picture is perfect... Clouding is only only visible in dark room when browsing through menus eg. media-music...
hkot is offline  
post #546 of 2241 Old 09-15-2012, 09:54 AM
Advanced Member
 
Justin Sullins's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: KC
Posts: 749
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 32
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trilel View Post

Not on Blue Ray, but I do see it a bit on HD and alot on SD channels compared to my old Plasma which never had blurry faces unless on a really bad SD channel.
I can live with it on HD cause it's not real bad, but the SD channels it's really hard to watch some of them cause of the bad detail on faces. It could be my set is messed up to or needs calibrated.
I have Geek Squad coming in 5 days to do it. They said the TV has to be running at least 100 hours before they can calibrate it. I can only hope this will help some, but I am not holding my breath.

If you're not seeing that issue on blu-rays it might be an issue with your coaxial cable going to your cable/sat box or just your cable/sat feed.
Justin Sullins is offline  
post #547 of 2241 Old 09-15-2012, 01:07 PM
Newbie
 
hym3's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Posts: 3
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Hello all.

I want to thank all here for the info. on this tv. It helped alot, and in the end, I pulled the trigger and bought a 46hx850.

I also want to thank all here, esp. Kevin, for the setting help. Made a big difference.

However, after having the tv for some 3 weeks now, I just noticed today, 4 small lines that run horizontal, from the top left of the screen, all the way to the right. Actually, the lines seem to be darker, going left to right, and fade as they travel to the right of the screen.

Is this the banding issue I have read about? If so, should I live with it or contact Sony?

Also, I have tried different inputs (ie. Ps3, cable, movies) and the lines show up on all.

Any help or advice would be greatly appreciated.

thx
kgunn likes this.
hym3 is offline  
post #548 of 2241 Old 09-15-2012, 06:08 PM
Newbie
 
Trilel's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Posts: 7
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by hym3 View Post

Hello all.
I want to thank all here for the info. on this tv. It helped alot, and in the end, I pulled the trigger and bought a 46hx850.
I also want to thank all here, esp. Kevin, for the setting help. Made a big difference.
However, after having the tv for some 3 weeks now, I just noticed today, 4 small lines that run horizontal, from the top left of the screen, all the way to the right. Actually, the lines seem to be darker, going left to right, and fade as they travel to the right of the screen.
Is this the banding issue I have read about? If so, should I live with it or contact Sony?
Also, I have tried different inputs (ie. Ps3, cable, movies) and the lines show up on all.
Any help or advice would be greatly appreciated.
thx


I would do a service call if I was you if you bought it locally. If you bought it from Amazon or whatever I am not sure how in Home service is done.

What you described is not banding, you actually seem to have something wrong with the screen or Pixels. Might have to get a replacement since it's under warranty, but of course they will want to send someone out to check it first.

Just be glad it is under warranty.
Trilel is offline  
post #549 of 2241 Old 09-15-2012, 06:46 PM
Newbie
 
hym3's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Posts: 3
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Thank you Trilel.

Yeah, that's what I thought; service call. And at this point, it looks like a replacement is in order.

Damm......had the settings perfectly dialed in, just starting to enjoy the picture quality, and boom, lines all the way across the top 2-3 inches of the screen.

And I came from a 8 year old 40 inch samsung lcd that never had any problems at all!!!!!

Anyway, thanx for the help.
hym3 is offline  
post #550 of 2241 Old 09-15-2012, 06:47 PM
Newbie
 
hym3's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Posts: 3
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Btw. anyone else have this problem.

If yes, please chime in and let me know how you resolved it or what Sony did for you.

thx
hym3 is offline  
post #551 of 2241 Old 09-16-2012, 12:28 PM
Member
 
Plutotype's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Posts: 78
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 13 Post(s)
Liked: 15
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trilel View Post

Not on Blue Ray, but I do see it a bit on HD and alot on SD channels compared to my old Plasma which never had blurry faces unless on a really bad SD channel.
I can live with it on HD cause it's not real bad, but the SD channels it's really hard to watch some of them cause of the bad detail on faces. It could be my set is messed up to or needs calibrated.
I have Geek Squad coming in 5 days to do it. They said the TV has to be running at least 100 hours before they can calibrate it. I can only hope this will help some, but I am not holding my breath.

This year I sold Panasonic VT30 plasma and went for HX850 as well. I have the same perception as you have regarding motion blur. I think LCD LED tech is anywhere regarding slow to mid motion in comparison to plasma. VT30/50 showed bad motion artifacts like false contouring on european models especially on 50hz content, but also on 24p blu-rays. In my experience, 80% of the slow-mid fast motion scenes handles plasma better than LED. But when it comes to mid to ultra fast pans, Panasonic top plasmas 2011/2012 showed additional negative artefacts when compared to the best LCD LEDs. For my eye, LCD LED is still blurred, more or less, but with no additional artefacts. There is no flickering, no noising, no double images, no false contouring..But if I would have the chance to choose again, I would probably choose plasma, because LCD/LED tech is simple unable to show natural motion as plasma and objects like faces even in slow motion appear blurred.
If you had plasma before or you are working with ultra fast IPS monitor ( on your desk ), the only serious competitor to plasma in the motion cleanliness will be OLED.

PS: HX850 - try to activate motionflow setting clear" and cinema mode auto1 ( adds a little SOE, depends if you can live with it ).
Plutotype is offline  
post #552 of 2241 Old 09-16-2012, 02:03 PM
Member
 
allencc3's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Posts: 79
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by aglot View Post

Hello guys I need very very good settings for ps3 gaming on the HX855. Nobody here can post a pro setting?



I am still working on tweaking them. I keep a log of all my settings. These are not perfect yet but try them out. The newer settings are on the right. Right now I am working on the COOL temperature. I gotta pop in God of War 3 then compare the differences between the temperature settings. I have some good 360 settings too if anyone needs them. My settings are pretty much for dark rooms. Let me know if you like or not. Feedback will only help them look better. Make sure that your PS3 is on Standard and not limited.
VesNL likes this.
allencc3 is offline  
post #553 of 2241 Old 09-16-2012, 02:20 PM
Newbie
 
aglot's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 8
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
@Allencce3 thanks. But what is ps3 standard? Sorry iam from germany and my english is not so good.
aglot is offline  
post #554 of 2241 Old 09-16-2012, 02:45 PM
Member
 
allencc3's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Posts: 79
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by aglot View Post

@Allencce3 thanks. But what is ps3 standard? Sorry iam from germany and my english is not so good.

Its in your display settings. RGB Full Range (HDMI) set to Full.
allencc3 is offline  
post #555 of 2241 Old 09-16-2012, 03:20 PM
Advanced Member
 
Justin Sullins's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: KC
Posts: 749
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 32
Quote:
Originally Posted by allencc3 View Post

Its in your display settings. RGB Full Range (HDMI) set to Full.

I realize it's all preference but RGB Full is more for PC use. It initially gives some pop but crushes blacks and makes video games dark and more cartoonish. I know Limited washes out the PQ a little but there is better shadow-detail and makes games/BD look more natural and life-like than setting to RGB Full range. It all goes hand and hand with having your tv properly calibrated. Again, I'm not putting RGB Full down but most PS3 owners prefer limited over full.
Justin Sullins is offline  
post #556 of 2241 Old 09-16-2012, 03:28 PM
Member
 
allencc3's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Posts: 79
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by Justin Sullins View Post

I realize it's all preference but RGB Full is more for PC use. It initially gives some pop but crushes blacks and makes video games dark and more cartoonish. I know Limited washes out the PQ a little but there is better shadow-detail and makes games/BD look more natural and life-like than setting to RGB Full range. It all goes hand and hand with having your tv properly calibrated. Again, I'm not putting RGB Full down but most PS3 owners prefer limited over full.

Just try my EXACT settings on FULL. My settings dont crush blacks. I always calibrate my brightness. If you get any crushed blacks, it is because you TV HDMI setting is not set to FULL. RGB full is all about 0-255 color spectrum.
allencc3 is offline  
post #557 of 2241 Old 09-16-2012, 07:43 PM
Newbie
 
rt1234's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Posts: 1
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I saw your post and had to comment...I'm pretty technically savvy with TVs but boot to the extent if some of u guys.but I've been having problems dirty screen effect on my last 5 TVs..: 55es8000,55c9000,55lm7600, 55es6500 , and now Sony kdl55hx850.....buy before this TV i Vogt the tcl55wt50 panny and out of AOL those TVs the Panasonic is the worst TV I've every bought it has very ebad dirty screen effect and pixelation issues are the worst I've seen on any TV.like i said I'm not as in tuned as u guys but i do know what these TVs are capable of and the panny id the worst out of the bunch....i hope ihh gave u fair warning and would love some help with this dirty screen on my led.about to return tv #8
Hope i helped and would appreciate any advices
Ralph T
rt1234 is offline  
post #558 of 2241 Old 09-16-2012, 08:48 PM
Member
 
rajivr's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 109
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 15
Quote:
Originally Posted by rt1234 View Post

I saw your post and had to comment...I'm pretty technically savvy with TVs but boot to the extent if some of u guys.but I've been having problems dirty screen effect on my last 5 TVs..: 55es8000,55c9000,55lm7600, 55es6500 , and now Sony kdl55hx850.....buy before this TV i Vogt the tcl55wt50 panny and out of AOL those TVs the Panasonic is the worst TV I've every bought it has very ebad dirty screen effect and pixelation issues are the worst I've seen on any TV.like i said I'm not as in tuned as u guys but i do know what these TVs are capable of and the panny id the worst out of the bunch....i hope ihh gave u fair warning and would love some help with this dirty screen on my led.about to return tv #8
Hope i helped and would appreciate any advices
Ralph T
Quote:
Originally Posted by rt1234 View Post

I saw your post and had to comment...I'm pretty technically savvy with TVs but boot to the extent if some of u guys.but I've been having problems dirty screen effect on my last 5 TVs..: 55es8000,55c9000,55lm7600, 55es6500 , and now Sony kdl55hx850.....buy before this TV i Vogt the tcl55wt50 panny and out of AOL those TVs the Panasonic is the worst TV I've every bought it has very ebad dirty screen effect and pixelation issues are the worst I've seen on any TV.like i said I'm not as in tuned as u guys but i do know what these TVs are capable of and the panny id the worst out of the bunch....i hope ihh gave u fair warning and would love some help with this dirty screen on my led.about to return tv #8
Hope i helped and would appreciate any advices
Ralph T

All LED tvs have banding/DSE. It's impossible to get one without it.

Some models have more than others and within 1 model some sets have more than others.

I would say give up the hunt for DSE free LED tv and settle with one which is acceptable DSE as long as it has no other defects.
rajivr is offline  
post #559 of 2241 Old 09-17-2012, 01:13 AM
Advanced Member
 
Flavius's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: USA
Posts: 823
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 46
Quote:
Originally Posted by rajivr View Post

All LED tvs have banding/DSE. It's impossible to get one without it.

My CCFL LCD, a 2008 Samsung, has NO DSE or banding. Are you saying CCFL is a better tech than LED?
Flavius is offline  
post #560 of 2241 Old 09-17-2012, 01:16 AM
Advanced Member
 
Flavius's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: USA
Posts: 823
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 46
Quote:
Originally Posted by allencc3 View Post


I am still working on tweaking them. I keep a log of all my settings. These are not perfect yet but try them out. The newer settings are on the right. Right now I am working on the COOL temperature. I gotta pop in God of War 3 then compare the differences between the temperature settings. I have some good 360 settings too if anyone needs them. My settings are pretty much for dark rooms. Let me know if you like or not. Feedback will only help them look better. Make sure that your PS3 is on Standard and not limited.

Motionflow off? Seriously? You like insane judder in 30FPS titles?
Flavius is offline  
post #561 of 2241 Old 09-17-2012, 06:01 AM
Newbie
 
Trilel's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Posts: 7
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I am not happy with my HX850 and I was actually thinking of having my 6 year old LG Plasma screen repaired cause I have non of these DSE, Banding and so on problems with it at all.

Why it needs repaired is I have 5 Pixels out that go vertical from top to bottom all way down the screen. I had a repair guy here about a year ago and he said something like $1,000 or more to fix it cause they have to replace the whole screen, but at least I would get my perfect TV back.

Do you think this is worth spending all that on a repair for a Plasma TV that's about 6 years old?

Like what else could go wrong if I replace the most expensive part?
Trilel is offline  
post #562 of 2241 Old 09-17-2012, 06:51 AM
Member
 
allencc3's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Posts: 79
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flavius View Post

Motionflow off? Seriously? You like insane judder in 30FPS titles?

The last time i checked, MotionFlow was disabled automatically for GAME mode. Correct me if I'm wrong. Plus, I would never watch movies on my PS3 at all. My PC kills my PS3 when it comes to watching movies. And watching movies on a PS3 takes away laser life from my games.
allencc3 is offline  
post #563 of 2241 Old 09-17-2012, 09:27 AM
Advanced Member
 
Justin Sullins's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: KC
Posts: 749
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 32
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flavius View Post

Motionflow off? Seriously? You like insane judder in 30FPS titles?
Quote:
Originally Posted by allencc3 View Post

The last time i checked, MotionFlow was disabled automatically for GAME mode. Correct me if I'm wrong.

Motion Flow should be turned off when you play a game. Turn it back on if when you watch a blu-ray/dvd/netflix.
Justin Sullins is offline  
post #564 of 2241 Old 09-17-2012, 10:44 AM
Advanced Member
 
Flavius's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: USA
Posts: 823
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 46
Why should MotionFlow be turned off for gaming?? Just because of lag? I play all my console games on my Samsung with Auto Motion Plus ON, can't stand them with it it off, too much judder, lag be damned. I also don't play games in the very limited "Game" mode. I just don't care about lag that much. And yes, I'm a hardcore gamer, just not into online FPS.

Unless MotionFlow isn't really doing what I think its doing (frame interpolation), then it should be turned on for any 30FPS games to help smooth out the otherwise bad judder when panning the camera, etc. In fact I specifically ordered an HX950 because its MotionFlow seems to be better than Samsung's AutoMotionPlus. Am I wrong? Is Samsung superior?
Flavius is offline  
post #565 of 2241 Old 09-17-2012, 11:41 AM
Member
 
rajivr's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 109
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 15
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flavius View Post

My CCFL LCD, a 2008 Samsung, has NO DSE or banding. Are you saying CCFL is a better tech than LED?

LED Tvs are super thin, besides manufacturers have increased the reflectance on these and resorted to resins to cut down on glare etc.

These factors have worsened DSE in my opinion, but LED tvs today are thinner and have better off angle viewing, better contrast, darker blacks, better color reproduction, less/no clouding, less motion blur and 3D.

The common customer does not know/care/notice DSE. So manufacturers don't try to eliminate it. Remember that prices are going down and there is a cost to everything.

It's kinda like the dish washers today that are quieter but don't clean as good as the older ones
rajivr is offline  
post #566 of 2241 Old 09-17-2012, 12:32 PM
Advanced Member
 
Justin Sullins's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: KC
Posts: 749
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 32
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flavius View Post

Why should MotionFlow be turned off for gaming?? Just because of lag? I play all my console games on my Samsung with Auto Motion Plus ON, can't stand them with it it off, too much judder, lag be damned. I also don't play games in the very limited "Game" mode. I just don't care about lag that much. And yes, I'm a hardcore gamer, just not into online FPS.
Unless MotionFlow isn't really doing what I think its doing (frame interpolation), then it should be turned on for any 30FPS games to help smooth out the otherwise bad judder when panning the camera, etc. In fact I specifically ordered an HX950 because its MotionFlow seems to be better than Samsung's AutoMotionPlus. Am I wrong? Is Samsung superior?

It could be just a preference issue but I don't really see any discernable effects on games as I do with TV/Blu-Ray/DVD. It also seems to judder alot with it on so I don't use it.
Samsung does produce a better Soap Opera Effect than any other TV. I've had Samsung, Sony, Panasonic, and LG and games suck when the AMP is on.
Justin Sullins is offline  
post #567 of 2241 Old 09-17-2012, 05:34 PM
Advanced Member
 
Flavius's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: USA
Posts: 823
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 46
Quote:
Originally Posted by Justin Sullins View Post

It could be just a preference issue but I don't really see any discernable effects on games as I do with TV/Blu-Ray/DVD. It also seems to judder alot with it on so I don't use it.
Samsung does produce a better Soap Opera Effect than any other TV. I've had Samsung, Sony, Panasonic, and LG and games suck when the AMP is on.

Hmm.. definitely a preference thing, as I could not bear to play any 30FPS limited titles without AMP on on my Samsung, the judder is just too distracting. And I have hundreds of games across PS3 and 360.

I'm hoping MotionFlow 960 on a 240Hz HX950 is going to be at least as good as AMP Low on Samsung 120Hz for 30FPS judder reduction. Of course, anything has to be better than the unplayable 30FPS judder you get with plasma. This is speaking from experience, I had to return a 64" Samsung plasma for primarily this reason. 60FPS was amazing, but most console games are 30FPS limited and since the plasma had no AMP, it was a nightmare of flickering double ghost images with every pan.
Flavius is offline  
post #568 of 2241 Old 09-17-2012, 05:37 PM
Advanced Member
 
Guibs's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Montreal, Qc, Canada
Posts: 997
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 8 Post(s)
Liked: 17
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flavius View Post

Why should MotionFlow be turned off for gaming?? Just because of lag? I play all my console games on my Samsung with Auto Motion Plus ON, can't stand them with it it off, too much judder, lag be damned. I also don't play games in the very limited "Game" mode. I just don't care about lag that much. And yes, I'm a hardcore gamer, just not into online FPS.
Unless MotionFlow isn't really doing what I think its doing (frame interpolation), then it should be turned on for any 30FPS games to help smooth out the otherwise bad judder when panning the camera, etc. In fact I specifically ordered an HX950 because its MotionFlow seems to be better than Samsung's AutoMotionPlus. Am I wrong? Is Samsung superior?

The very reason motionflow is turned off is because of the input lag it creates. Adding 1 to 4 new frames per frames will create delays that are very noticeable, espicially in games that requires good graphics but noticeable in any type of game anyway. I can garantee you that you could see a difference between it being on and off.

Some people are used to play with input lag and get away with it just fine in single player games where reflexes aren't that necessary. But if you plan on playing online gaming, you are really not as good as you could be if you could get the lowest input lag possible.
Guibs is offline  
post #569 of 2241 Old 09-17-2012, 07:01 PM
Member
 
bpmarkowitz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Posts: 66
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Is there a way to change picture settings within netflix?
bpmarkowitz is offline  
post #570 of 2241 Old 09-18-2012, 12:46 AM
Advanced Member
 
Flavius's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: USA
Posts: 823
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 46
Quote:
Originally Posted by Guibs View Post

The very reason motionflow is turned off is because of the input lag it creates. Adding 1 to 4 new frames per frames will create delays that are very noticeable, espicially in games that requires good graphics but noticeable in any type of game anyway. I can garantee you that you could see a difference between it being on and off.
Some people are used to play with input lag and get away with it just fine in single player games where reflexes aren't that necessary. But if you plan on playing online gaming, you are really not as good as you could be if you could get the lowest input lag possible.

Make sense, as I said I really like the extra frames effect on low FPS games, really helps. I don't play online very much, mostly SP. But I wonder if MotionFlow has worse lag than Samsung's AMP. Hmm...
Flavius is offline  
Reply LCD Flat Panel Displays

Tags
Led Hdtv , Displays , Sony , 3d Hdtv , Sony Bravia 55 Inch Led Tv 3d Support Bravia Hx850 Kdl 55hx850 , Sony 40 Inch 3d Hdtv Kdl46hx850 , Sony Bravia Kdl55hx850 55 Inch Led Hdtv
Gear in this thread

Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page


Forum Jump: 

Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off