Official Sony HX850 Owner's Thread (46HX850, 55HX850) - Page 7 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #181 of 2227 Old 06-07-2012, 08:24 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 12
Great set! Best edge-lit LED?

No restarts/reboots here either (did the SW upgrade).

I'm deciding between the 55HX850 and the 60" Elite. Obviously like the contrast and black levels of the Elite better, but I really appreciate how uniform the screen is on the 850; whatever DSE it may have, it's so faint that you cannot spot it during normal viewing -- the DSE on the Elite is far more obvious.

I do not like the menus and scene selection though. Hate how cumbersome it is to change from scene to scene, especially because I've got the HDMI cables through a standby AV receiver, so settings per input don't help me at all. Am I missing something here or you do need to push home, select preferences and then pick the scene you want?

Also, the TV is very unresponsive right after start up -- connecting to wifi? Perhaps better to turn all that off (using wifi only for FW updates).
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #182 of 2227 Old 06-08-2012, 08:47 AM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by guima View Post

I do not like the menus and scene selection though. Hate how cumbersome it is to change from scene to scene, especially because I've got the HDMI cables through a standby AV receiver, so settings per input don't help me at all. Am I missing something here or you do need to push home, select preferences and then pick the scene you want?
Try using the options button on the remote and select Scene select.
post #183 of 2227 Old 06-08-2012, 10:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 400MHz MAN View Post

Try using the options button on the remote and select Scene select.

darn I did not see that in the options menu!

Either way, it seems the best approach is to set the auto (24p) which will auto select cinema when the BR is on.
post #184 of 2227 Old 06-08-2012, 04:42 PM

Liked: 17
WOOOOOOOOO new forum!!! biggrin.gif

Got the restart disease again 2 days ago. It seems to happen for me when trying to navigate menus soon after turning the TV on. It can Jam up and then reset. Thing is, sometimes it will reset a few times more after that even though the TV is otherwise fine. I unplugged for a few minutes and it seemed OK after that. I think this is mostly a software problem. Sony's biggest handicap these days is ****** software (lookin at you, Bravia & PS3- god those menus are hideous) and altho it is improving, it has a loooooonnnnng way to go.
post #185 of 2227 Old 06-08-2012, 07:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bitterkevin View Post

WOOOOOOOOO new forum!!! biggrin.gif
Got the restart disease again 2 days ago. It seems to happen for me when trying to navigate menus soon after turning the TV on. It can Jam up and then reset. Thing is, sometimes it will reset a few times more after that even though the TV is otherwise fine. I unplugged for a few minutes and it seemed OK after that. I think this is mostly a software problem. Sony's biggest handicap these days is ****** software (lookin at you, Bravia & PS3- god those menus are hideous) and altho it is improving, it has a loooooonnnnng way to go.

I think the fact that you happen to be working through the menu when it restarts is a coincidence, since the random restarts often happen within the first 1-2 minutes after powering on anyway.

I've definitely seen it happen quite a few times after just hitting power, and then doing nothing else. Keep in mind that it can happen at other times as well, it's possible that you just haven't noticed it yet. (I often have my HX820 on in the background as I work from home, and on mute, and when it restarts it's suddenly not on mute so that's how I notice it sometimes).
post #186 of 2227 Old 06-10-2012, 02:48 PM

Liked: 15
Quote:

Great set! Best edge-lit LED?
No restarts/reboots here either (did the SW upgrade).
I'm deciding between the 55HX850 and the 60" Elite. Obviously like the contrast and black levels of the Elite better, but I really appreciate how uniform the screen is on the 850; whatever DSE it may have, it's so faint that you cannot spot it during normal viewing -- the DSE on the Elite is far more obvious.
Also, the TV is very unresponsive right after start up -- connecting to wifi? Perhaps better to turn all that off (using wifi only for FW updates).

Regarding DSE, can you test by watching a 6-4-3 double play in baseball when the camera pans very fast from 3rd base to 2nd and then to 1st and report if you don't mind?
post #187 of 2227 Old 06-11-2012, 05:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rajivr View Post

Regarding DSE, can you test by watching a 6-4-3 double play in baseball when the camera pans very fast from 3rd base to 2nd and then to 1st and report if you don't mind?

No can do. I've returned the 850 and kept the Elite merely for its night time movie performance - essentially the black levels.

Not that I really need to test that , because all TVs will show DSE and/or banding in that type of content. However, I can tell you without a doubt that the 850 has less of it than the Elite.
post #188 of 2227 Old 06-11-2012, 03:07 PM

Watching the Stanley Cup, i did not notice much DSE because the ice is very bright. It is usually more visible on dim gray/blue backgrounds. It is very minimal, mostly because the backlight is so bright (I have even been using Power Saver Low/Backlight 6 lately and it is still very bright biggrin.gif) and much much better than the EX720. Rarely does the DSE grab your attention.
post #189 of 2227 Old 06-11-2012, 04:13 PM

post #190 of 2227 Old 06-12-2012, 10:09 AM

Liked: 10
Following:

What to change (NX720) and (HX820) (settings for the HX820 can be used for HX850 AND HX920 as well!):

Menu>

Preferences>

Scene Select>

General

Eco>

Light Sensor On (all others OFF) to NX720 only!!!

* Light sensor/Ambient sensor should be used to dim the backlight if there are edge failures such as the ones
commonly spoted on the HX820 models' backlight leaks. They almost fade totally away if used with the settings bellow.
It also makes the screen shine when it's totally black or when parts of the screen fade to black, showing
Beautiful reflections on it when it's all black. If backlight is too apparent or if brightness is too much, that wont happen.

Distance Alert OFF
Position Control OFF

Sound>
Sound Adjustments> (current imput)
Dynamic
Surround S-Force Front Surround
S-Force Front Surround On
Sound Enhancer Off
Advanced Auto Volume On (Dolby Digital Plus is On)

*Never turn the volume past 30 with danger of corrupting speakers.

Picture
Picture Adjustments> (current input)
Picture mode Custom

Backlight MIN/4/5
try MIN for tv viewing and 5 for other inputs for NX720
MIN for tv viewing and 4 for other inputs for HX820

Picture MAX
Brightness 50
Color 50
Color temperature Warm 2
Sharpness 65 for NX720 on blu-ray/tv (50 for HX820 on blu-ray/tv) <<< may vary depending on the input.
Noise reduction Auto
MPEG Noise reduction Auto
Dot Noise reduction Auto
Reality Creation Auto (only for HX820)
Smooth Gradation Low (only for HX820)
Motion Flow Standard
Cinemotion Auto 1

Advanced Settings
Black Corrector High
Adv. Contrast Enhancer Medium
Gamma -2
Led Dynamic Control Standard (only for HX820)
Auto Light Limiter Medium
Clear white Off
Live Color Low

White Balance for NX720 (if blue tints are saturaded on the set because of the blacklight intrusion)
or leave as is if not.
R-gain -1
B-gain -2

White Balance for HX820 (if bluish and green tints are saturated on the set because of backlight intrusion)
or leave as is if not.
R-gain -2
G-gain -1
B-gain -3

Detail Enhancer Medium
Edge Enhancer Medium

Ambient sensor> On (only for the HX820)

Screen> (current imput)
Wide mode full
Auto wide OFF
Auto display area Off
Display Area Full Pixel (Use "Normal" for TV viewing)

Credits

home theater magazine, CNET, Television.info, Flatpanels HD, digitaltrends.com, PCWorld, HDTVtest.co.uk,
sound and vision mag

Attention:

All of the settings above were a result of consistent testing using a wide array of videos on both NX720 and HX820
and all of the configurations fine tuned using suggestions posted on the sites above with the main objective of hidding
the backlight on the sets
while maintaining a screen that has soberb brightness but displays accurate blacks (as possible as edge led can do).

Tips:

For better brightness don't use Ambient/light sensor (keep the rest);
For perfect blacks and no sign of backlight use the sensor but brightness will suffer (recommended for dim rooms)

For 3D, the set adjusts backlight to MAX automatically.

For each input should be seleted HOME so it's possible to go to the picture proprieties for each input
so you can change each of them.

They are

USB (audio/photo)
Server (audio/photo)
USB(video)
Server (video)

Internet guide (mode for graphics)
Internet guide (mode video)

Internet guide mode video for services (adjustable for each service,
like youtube/mosh cam/crackle while viewing it)

HDMI (1,2,3,4)
Component
Video 1
Computer

TV
Cable

If you're too observative, I didn't let go most of the standard options on the set,
nor let go of the Sony original imaging processings of the Standard properties; in fact
we can use them to our own good. Instead of turning it all off and ending up with a lifeless picture,
all of the Sony processings actually make a better picture, but it's necessary to adjust the backlight,
and WARM 2 tint so it displays the nearest perfect Kelvin rates so we don't end up with a non-real image
on the set, that kind of bluish image that looks un-real (the kind of image we all see at stores...).
Another thing I tried had was to hide the backlight as much as possible which keeping brightness...
which prooves almost impossible -- brightness must be sacrificed to hide the backlights...

Fast review of the tvs:

Both NX720 and HX820 are perfect to many standards.

The NX720 has, surprisingly a better image than the HX820 regarding how it hides the backlights
But color acurracy is way better handled on the HX820, so is movements and internet video, also
The quality of the image and display are better.

The gorilla glass of the NX720 is less resistant than HX820s' ... The table top stand from NX720
Is less resistant than the HX820s'

It scared the hell outta me to turn the light sensor/ambient sensor on them. I know that it will
Display better blacks but seriously it scared the hell outta me. i've seen some sets starting to turn on and off
By themselves and I think it has to do with the sensors getting broken.

Sony should improve it's Bravia platform delivering videos and music through it. It's just hella beautiful;
I love the Home menu, all of the menus are classic and have a nice touch to it, they are intuitive and sound
High profile.

Both tvs have great sound despite being so thin, and if you turn on the Surround they get a bit
Of "WIDER" sound stage.

It sucks that the NX720 remote was downgraded from the 2010 model, so it's the HX850 this year...
It looks cheap and sony should not do this to its HX models... I love the huge, awesome control from the HX820.
If they could they actually should do it bigger!!! It looks very powerful!

Do you guys know what sensors were taking out from the HX850 model? It breaks my heart to hear how they've
Cut stuff from this awesome set!
post #191 of 2227 Old 06-15-2012, 02:55 PM

Quote:

No can do. I've returned the 850 and kept the Elite merely for its night time movie performance - essentially the black levels.
Not that I really need to test that , because all TVs will show DSE and/or banding in that type of content. However, I can tell you without a doubt that the 850 has less of it than the Elite.

Thanks for the reply. What is the right content to test DSE? How do I make sure that mine is not worse than an average TV?
post #192 of 2227 Old 06-16-2012, 05:22 AM

just hooked up my 55hx850. it was a replacement for a 50a2000 with green tint. initial impression was wow, retina burn, but now that i've got the settings dialed back (cnet settings for now) everything looks pretty good. the initial thing that concerns me is how much reflection/glare there is. last night watching a movie in a completely dark room while sitting 11-12 feet away i can see myself clear as day on the screen. with my reflection so visible, it looks like i'm an actor in the movie during dark scenes. i kept looking at myself instead of being able to watch the movie, very distracting. i don't ever remember this being an issue with the a2000 except for during the day with a lot of light in the room.
post #193 of 2227 Old 06-16-2012, 12:08 PM

I'm a happy new owner of a 46HX850, but I'm running into an odd error--when I try to load (refresh) internet content (this is my first time trying) I get the message

----
Configuration failed while acquiring Internet content.

Please try again later.
----

I've confirmed that the TV is on the internet; the browser is working and all its network diagnostics are working fine. Has anyone seen this before or does anyone have any ideas? I've already tried the factory reset method without any change, and the TV's software updated successfully to the most recent version, PKG1.221AAA.
post #194 of 2227 Old 06-16-2012, 11:11 PM

Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked: 27
Hello fellow 55" HX850 owners.. I upgraded from a Samsung 61" DLP tv.. i have been with the TV for about a week and a half.. to make a long story short.. this TV ended up giving me a headache.. even though i dialed down the settings and turned off motionflow etc.. it still did not looks great.. it looked like i was looking thru a piece of glass with waxy actors... the black levels were great but everything looked torchy and it had a helluva blue tint to it , even on warm... Just my .02... Had a great interface and the internet apps were great... but this TV did not put out a film-like picture at all.. it seems to be more for causal TV watching and movies almost l;ookd too real. But some people like this type of picture and that is OK. I was going to bed every night with a headache.. its funny because my wife was not bothered by the picture as much as I. Anyway, I am sure there will be many of you who will enjoy this set... I ended up getting a Panasonic Plasma instead and has a much more pleaseing picture to my eye and not getting headaches anymore. (And it is better than my old DLP which is still being used in my bedroom LOL) This is a fun hobby we have.. we are all nit-pickers... LOL.. have fun

Michael
post #195 of 2227 Old 06-17-2012, 01:59 PM

I'm having the exact same issue as Phyltre. Wifi is set up an I can use the browser on the tv, but failing on acquiring internet content with error 5008. I have also tried soft reset and still the same issue.

If anyone has resolved a similar issue any help would be appreciated.
post #196 of 2227 Old 06-18-2012, 06:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chihawk1975 View Post

I'm having the exact same issue as Phyltre. Wifi is set up an I can use the browser on the tv, but failing on acquiring internet content with error 5008. I have also tried soft reset and still the same issue.
If anyone has resolved a similar issue any help would be appreciated.

I'm getting the same issue. I tried updating the firmware and that didn't help.
Worse part is if you cancel it while doing the update NONE of the apps work and you have to reacquire the update.

I'm not happy with this TV to be honest, the menu is so SLOW!!
post #197 of 2227 Old 06-19-2012, 07:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phyltre View Post

I'm a happy new owner of a 46HX850, but I'm running into an odd error--when I try to load (refresh) internet content (this is my first time trying) I get the message
----
Configuration failed while acquiring Internet content.
Please try again later.
----
I've confirmed that the TV is on the internet; the browser is working and all its network diagnostics are working fine. Has anyone seen this before or does anyone have any ideas? I've already tried the factory reset method without any change, and the TV's software updated successfully to the most recent version, PKG1.221AAA.

Hi all!

I received my 55hx850 during the weekend and was having the same error 5008 about acquiring Internet content.

After some research, I noticed that users of some other models of Sony Bravia were having what seemed to be the same issue. Some of them have reported that doing a soft reset on the TV would work (To do a soft reset: With the TV on, hold the UP ARROW of the remote. While holding this key, press and release the power on/off button located directly on the TV. The TV will revert to its factory settings). Unfortunately, doing this soft reset didn't solved the problem for me.

To finally solve the problem, I had to tweak the settings of my router. I assigned a static IP address to the TV and put it to the DMZ of the router. For a reason or another, it was the only solution that worked.

If you would like to try this on your side and don't know how to do it, just do a quick search on the Web with the router model you own. Each router is different concerning their specific configurations. The good news is there are a lot of good websites explaining the steps to do it.

Hope this helped!

The hx850 is an outstanding TV by the way. Incredible black level for an LCD and a very sharp image. I have absolutely no clouding problem. I do have banding, but only in very specific situation and even then it can easily be forgotten. I don't see it in regular movie/cable watching or gaming. The HX850 is definitely a step up on the XBR4 I was owning.
post #198 of 2227 Old 06-19-2012, 11:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pierce2019 View Post

Hi all!
I received my 55hx850 during the weekend and was having the same error 5008 about acquiring Internet content.
After some research, I noticed that users of some other models of Sony Bravia were having what seemed to be the same issue. Some of them have reported that doing a soft reset on the TV would work (To do a soft reset: With the TV on, hold the UP ARROW of the remote. While holding this key, press and release the power on/off button located directly on the TV. The TV will revert to its factory settings). Unfortunately, doing this soft reset didn't solved the problem for me.
To finally solve the problem, I had to tweak the settings of my router. I assigned a static IP address to the TV and put it to the DMZ of the router. For a reason or another, it was the only solution that worked.
If you would like to try this on your side and don't know how to do it, just do a quick search on the Web with the router model you own. Each router is different concerning their specific configurations. The good news is there are a lot of good websites explaining the steps to do it.
Hope this helped!
The hx850 is an outstanding TV by the way. Incredible black level for an LCD and a very sharp image. I have absolutely no clouding problem. I do have banding, but only in very specific situation and even then it can easily be forgotten. I don't see it in regular movie/cable watching or gaming. The HX850 is definitely a step up on the XBR4 I was owning.

I too have been noticng DSE/Banding when I watch baseball, tennis and golf. It is very visibile on light green or light brown/red backgrounds and when watching in a dark environment. Last weekend when I was watching Masters, it was a constant distraction. It's even there when the camera pans to track the golf ball after the golfer finishes his putting stroke! This camera motion is not fast. Is this normal? Do I have to live with this?

Otherwise its a fabulous TV and I second everything else that you have said above.
post #199 of 2227 Old 06-19-2012, 12:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rajivr View Post

I too have been noticng DSE/Banding when I watch baseball, tennis and golf. It is very visibile on light green or light brown/red backgrounds and when watching in a dark environment. Last weekend when I was watching Masters, it was a constant distraction. It's even there when the camera pans to track the golf ball after the golfer finishes his putting stroke! This camera motion is not fast. Is this normal? Do I have to live with this?
Otherwise its a fabulous TV and I second everything else that you have said above.

Well, I don't know if it's "normal", but as I understand banding is a really common thing for the edge-lit LED TVs.

But you know, each TVs will have their imperfections. For example, my XBR4 had flashlights at two corners, a bit of clouding and trailing/ghosting when dark objects were moving over some solid colors.

I guess it amounts to what you can live with and if the positive aspects of the TV outnumber the negative elements.
post #200 of 2227 Old 06-19-2012, 02:27 PM

"For each input should be seleted HOME so it's possible to go to the picture proprieties for each input
so you can change each of them."

I am curious about this... How do I set which picture modes to see the Home menu and Netlix and such? They use Warm 2 AND I HATE WARM 2 >_< Once the video is playing I can adjust it, so it's not a big deal.

Also, NEVER USE LIGHT SENSOR EVER
If you want to minimize flashlighting, try Power Saver Low, Dynamic LED Standard, and a lower backlight setting.
post #201 of 2227 Old 06-21-2012, 05:29 AM

While I have yet to watch the "acquiring internet content" process work, I'm happy to report that the last time I checked the menu all the web apps were listed and I was able to use them. I wonder if there might not have been a DNS or routing issue beyond my house (possibly even on Sony's side) that was keeping new TVs from getting the first internet content update, since so many people started having error 5008 which as far as I can tell used to be a very rare error message. In fact I was only able to find exactly one person who had encountered the 5008 error when I ran into it the first time and Googled it. It would be a pretty weird coincidence for that error to suddenly start cropping up everywhere if there weren't some new common factor.

At any rate, I'm happy with the new television although I'm still playing with the scenes and advanced calibration. And to be perfectly honest, you're not missing a great deal if your internet apps aren't working. I thought using a keyboard-less Xbox controller was annoying for Netflix...well, using a TV remote instead is even worse. Of course the problem is even more complex for Youtube which naturally has less sorting. And pretty much every app/video source either costs money or is a randomly cobbled together listing of the past 5 years of free web videos from Epicurious or other sites whose primary focus is definitely NOT video. Get ready to watch gems like random convention highlight videos from 2009, videos where a host and foreign chef communicate very poorly, and the very latest update on technology that has already come out and clumsily fallen out of the market.

That being said, there's certainly some value there if you don't already have any kind of streaming set up in your house but you do have a Hulu Plus or Netflix or other subscription, or are okay with on-demand video offerings. It's just that a standard TV remote isn't terribly convenient for navigating that kind of content.
post #202 of 2227 Old 06-22-2012, 10:28 PM

Quote:

"For each input should be seleted HOME so it's possible to go to the picture proprieties for each input
so you can change each of them."
I am curious about this... How do I set which picture modes to see the Home menu and Netlix and such? They use Warm 2 AND I HATE WARM 2 >_< Once the video is playing I can adjust it, so it's not a big deal.
Also, NEVER USE LIGHT SENSOR EVER
If you want to minimize flashlighting, try Power Saver Low, Dynamic LED Standard, and a lower backlight setting.

That's a bit harsh... if your have a dim living room yes you can use Light Sensor, it's even better than HX820's Ambient sensor cause it does not messes with the colours!! I think the blacks turn out great!

The only problem that might arrive is that if you like a somewhat too brighty set... Then it can't help.

Dude, you are going away from the right PATH regarded to get a good image on this set lol You hate warm 2 but warm 2 is the nearest to real color temp...
The other ones are not REAL, the bluish one, the Warm and the Neutral....

Also, each Scene select Cinema, Graphics, Games... seriously, they are not good. you need to calibrate your tv properly
for each imput, selecting home then going to Picture and display, picture adjustments... etc
post #203 of 2227 Old 06-24-2012, 07:40 PM

Hello to all HX850 owners.

I ordered the TV on May 9th and received it on May 18th. Going from 32" LG to the new TV was HUGH difference. Everything was great at first. No issues that were previously mentioned in this thread. Used the TV regularly since i received it. At beginning of June decided to order couple of pair of 3D glasses to view few movies and try simulated 3D. Then the problem started. A purple rectangle appeared on TV when i watched any type of 3D content. I tried 3D broadcast (DirecTV), I tried a 3D movies (PS3) and even tried simulated 3D and each time the rectangle would appear. Soon as i turn 3D off everything is fine. Tested the issue over and over again for couple of days. Even searched the internet to see if anyone else had the same issue but did not find anything. Tried resetting the TV and same thing.

Finally called Sony support and after few days of sending pictures and so fourth they told me they will send a refurbish model to replace the TV. I said HELL NO. I want a new TV. After sending the purchase receipt they agreed to send a new TV within 4 to 6 weeks as a exchange. Below are the pictures i sent to Sony.

post #204 of 2227 Old 06-24-2012, 11:35 PM - Thread Starter

sounds like you needed to go straight to sony listens, they are much more reasonable and much more willing to help.
post #205 of 2227 Old 06-25-2012, 03:54 PM

ILLIDAN, that's definitely some kinda defect. Good for Sony for getting you a new TV!!!

MADSONY, if whites being brown is "real", then you can keep "real". I much prefer the cleaner, brighter Neutral setting. Warm 1/2 looks like you are wearing sunglasses indoors. This Color Temp Calibration stuff might get the nerds hard, but normal humans couldn't care less. And NO ONE likes Light Sensor. If you have a dark room, just turn down the Backlight setting and consider using Power Saver. DigitalVersus.com suggests using the default Custom settings, so I am more inclined to believe them than you and your atrocious grammar.
kgunn likes this.
post #206 of 2227 Old 06-25-2012, 04:05 PM

MADSONY, I just realized you are the same guy who was complaining about the stupid glowing Sony logo, and you don't even have an HX850, you have an HX820- last year's inferior model. Please leave this thread and never, ever return.
kgunn likes this.
post #207 of 2227 Old 06-25-2012, 11:09 PM

Quote:

MADSONY, I just realized you are the same guy who was complaining about the stupid glowing Sony logo, and you don't even have an HX850, you have an HX820- last year's inferior model. Please leave this thread and never, ever return.

ha WTF? avsforums certainly attracts some 'interesting' characters... at least 'bitterkevin' is living up to his screenname, I guess...

Anyway, there is definitively enough in common between the HX820 and HX850 to warrant posting in both forums; of course if you referencing a condition on your own TV, it makes sense to say which model you have. Not to mention if you already own on HX820 and may be buying an HX850 soon

For example, the 'random restart' issue apparently affects both models, I've seen multiple posts from people here mention it, and since there's been a more thorough dicussion on the HX820 thread, so I summarised the current status on this thread as well.

And calling the HX820 the 'inferior' model is a bit of a stretch, that makes it sound like it's significantly worse, like it's not even in the same league. Yes the HX850 is slightly improved upon over the HX820, but the HX820 is already an outstanding TV.
post #208 of 2227 Old 06-26-2012, 09:45 AM

I'm not mocking the HX820, but it's last year's model. If you don't have an HX850, WHY ARE YOU IN THIS THREAD?!? mad.gif

I come here for news and info about MY tv, not see people ramble and complain about a DIFFERENT tv. rolleyes.gif

All the current models of Bravia seem to have the random reboot problem. My EX720 did, and the HX850 does too. It must be the software, which is still Sony's biggest weakness.
post #209 of 2227 Old 06-26-2012, 11:54 AM

Quote:

I'm not mocking the HX820, but it's last year's model. If you don't have an HX850, WHY ARE YOU IN THIS THREAD?!? mad.gif
I come here for news and info about MY tv, not see people ramble and complain about a DIFFERENT tv. rolleyes.gif
All the current models of Bravia seem to have the random reboot problem. My EX720 did, and the HX850 does too. It must be the software, which is still Sony's biggest weakness.

Again, it's not such a mind-blowing revelation that someone who doesn't own a particular TV model may "be in" the thread (be it just viewing, or commenting). Whether they own something similar (like the HX820) and may be thinking about also getting the newer model on the particular thread, or not even own anything similar at all, but thinking about buying the model in question.

Another great example of why you may want to browse threads of similar models is this 'random restart' issue that is common across these very similar models. There is a lot more discussion about it in the HX820 thread, at least in part because the HX820 has been around longer. While viewing the HX850 thread (since I'm thinking about buying a larger version of the HX850 to upgrade my HX820), I saw the 'random restart' issue mentioned. In the interest of getting this issue resolved for owners of all models, I summarized the more through discussion from HX820 thread.

Let's use just a little intelligence and common sense here, guys. This is pretty basic stuff; just because this is a techie/geeky type of forum doesn't mean that it need be totally devoid of reasonable communication and social skills. I don't care one way or another about "calling out" this bitterkevin character, I don't know him in real life, so I literally couldn't care less. I'm only interested in using this forum for it's intended purpose, like resolving issues and sharing thoughts and review on products, anything besides that, like post #206 above only gets in the way of that.
kgunn likes this.
post #210 of 2227 Old 06-26-2012, 02:06 PM

Hey man, I got nothing against you either. Of course you can read the thread, but think twice about posting. This is for discussing the HX850 ONLY. That's why I'm annoyed at MADSONY. He comes in here babbling about glowing logos and Calibration settings THAT AREN'T EVEN FOR THIS TV, and then starts telling me I don't know what I'm talking about. We don't want trolls; we want HX850 owners. cool.gif
kgunn likes this.
Reply LCD Flat Panel Displays

Tags
Led Hdtv , Displays , Sony , 3d Hdtv , Sony Bravia 55 Inch Led Tv 3d Support Bravia Hx850 Kdl 55hx850 , Sony 40 Inch 3d Hdtv Kdl46hx850 , Sony Bravia Kdl55hx850 55 Inch Led Hdtv
Gear in this thread

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page