Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 56 Post(s)
Liked: 210
Quote:
Originally Posted by MoonRabbit79 View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grubs92 View Post

After tweaking the settings on this set I've been impressed with the PQ. Cinema 2 is great, I've been playing 1080p content and it's been beautiful. Aside from the corner clouding on dark scenes it's great. I'll have to see if I can live with it if not I do have the protection plan.

To minimize your clouding problem try too enable eco-mode too low, ambient light sensor to on and dynamic led to low or off.

+1. Well said MoonRabbit. smile.gif
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2192 of 2227 Old 02-05-2014, 01:33 PM

Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Liked: 17
Quote:
Originally Posted by MoonRabbit79 View Post

To minimize your clouding problem try too enable eco-mode to low, ambient light sensor to on and dynamic led to low or off.

Thanks @moonrabbit79. I will give this a shot, I have also noticed changing scene select to sports greatly reduces clouding. I will try and combine the solutions.
post #2193 of 2227 Old 02-06-2014, 05:01 PM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10

i just update my hx850, for some reason i noticed that the live/soap opera effects are gone. does sony disable it? it used to be so noticable even at just watching tv, now its gone. did sony diable the 240hz refrsh rate.

post #2194 of 2227 Old 02-06-2014, 06:11 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by tawak View Post

i just update my hx850, for some reason i noticed that the live/soap opera effects are gone. does sony disable it? it used to be so noticable even at just watching tv, now its gone. did sony diable the 240hz refrsh rate.

You got an update for your HX850? That's funny because I got no update from Sony for mine and I got mine connected to the internet for updates. And the answer is No......updates cant disable the refresh rate of the tv.
post #2195 of 2227 Old 02-06-2014, 08:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by steve1971 View Post

You got an update for your HX850? That's funny because I got no update from Sony for mine and I got mine connected to the internet for updates. And the answer is No......updates cant disable the refresh rate of the tv.

the update way back last year, you know my tv ain no connected to wifi or internet. now that i just did, i got the late update. you guys probably had that update ages ago. its just weird i no longer see the soap opera effect on my tv after i went update.

post #2196 of 2227 Old 02-07-2014, 06:17 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by tawak View Post

Quote:

the update way back last year, you know my tv ain no connected to wifi or internet. now that i just did, i got the late update. you guys probably had that update ages ago. its just weird i no longer see the soap opera effect on my tv after i went update.

tawak you might have your Motionflow setting turned off. I would check it.
post #2197 of 2227 Old 02-11-2014, 05:31 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 16
Hey thread. Been a while. I have been enjoying my hx850 until this week. Started noticing the screen going all black for a second and back one and it would repeat after a few seconds. If I power off the tv and power back on, the issue seems to clear out and everything is fine. This has happened a few time since a few days so I am getting concerned this might get worse.

Anyone else had seen this issue?
post #2198 of 2227 Old 02-11-2014, 07:59 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guibs View Post

Hey thread. Been a while. I have been enjoying my hx850 until this week. Started noticing the screen going all black for a second and back one and it would repeat after a few seconds. If I power off the tv and power back on, the issue seems to clear out and everything is fine. This has happened a few time since a few days so I am getting concerned this might get worse.

No issue like that here Guibs. Give Sony a call if your concerned. I know I would for sure.
post #2199 of 2227 Old 02-13-2014, 05:35 PM

Liked: 15
Quote:

Is it randomly rebooting? If so, disconnect the internet and the problem will go away.
steve1971 likes this.
post #2200 of 2227 Old 02-14-2014, 04:48 AM
Advanced Member

I am aware of the random reboot with internet content. In fact I see that from time to time but when it usually happen, I see the Sony logo on screen which tells me the tv is rebooting. This doesn't happen very often.

No this is different although I am starting to wonder if the issue is not related to my PVR instead since I have only witness this when watching tv and never when watching bluray or olaying games. I will investigate further and let you know.
post #2201 of 2227 Old 02-19-2014, 05:39 AM

Hi Guy's,

I am hoping somebody may be able to assist me in setting up my recently acquired very expensive underwhelming Sonos Playbar which I have hooked up to my KDL46-HX850. I have it connected via the optical out from the Sony (obviously) but so far to say that I am undewhelmed by the audio would be an under statement. When I switch between the Sony speakers (TV Speakers) and the Playbar (Audio System) the output sound is very hollow sounding and probably only 2 levels above the TV.

I have the following settings set on the TV in the Sound menu
  • Dual Sound - Stereo
  • Speakers - Audio System
  • Headphone/Audio Out - Audio Out
  • Headphone Speaker Link - On but greyed out
  • Audio Out - Variable
  • HDMI/DVI Audio Source - Auto
  • Keytone - Off but greyed out
  • Digital Audio Out - Auto
  • TV Position - Table-Top Stand

I have the Playbar paired with 2 Play 1's to give supposed surround sound but that is another issue as these never actually kick in and are going to waste as far as I am concerned. I am a fan of the Sonos gear but so far this Playbar is an expensive piece of over hyped junk. I was previously using a B&W Zeppelin Air connected via the headphone socket as my TV speaker and this blows the Sonos Playbar out of the water in every way imaginable.

Any help with regards to getting this set up would be appreciated as I feel completely dudded by the whole Playbar hype.

TIA
post #2202 of 2227 Old 02-24-2014, 01:04 PM

Liked: 18
Quote:

2012 was the last great year for Sony in my book where quality counted.

LOL just stop it please

Loving my W802 btw
post #2203 of 2227 Old 02-24-2014, 01:06 PM

Quote:

This is exactly what happened with my HX750. Got tot he point where it was "rebooting" like this multiple times in a given day. Went thru 2 sets with this issue until they sent me a brand new mint W802.

Must be an issue with the 2012 Sony quality :P
post #2204 of 2227 Old 02-24-2014, 07:38 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by gatorboi352 View Post

Quote:

2012 was the last great year for Sony in my book where quality counted.

LOL just stop it please

Loving my W802 btw

Stop what? Telling the truth? Besides the W900 for 2013 I saw nothing from Sony tv wise that has impressed me since.
post #2205 of 2227 Old 02-24-2014, 07:39 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by gatorboi352 View Post

Quote:

This is exactly what happened with my HX750. Got tot he point where it was "rebooting" like this multiple times in a given day. Went thru 2 sets with this issue until they sent me a brand new mint W802.

Must be an issue with the 2012 Sony quality :P

Sony 2012 quality was pretty good when it came to the HX850 and HX950. tongue.gif
post #2206 of 2227 Old 02-26-2014, 11:33 AM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 15 Post(s)
Quote:

I am aware of the random reboot with internet content. In fact I see that from time to time but when it usually happen, I see the Sony logo on screen which tells me the tv is rebooting. This doesn't happen very often.

No this is different although I am starting to wonder if the issue is not related to my PVR instead since I have only witness this when watching tv and never when watching bluray or olaying games. I will investigate further and let you know.
don't confuse this with your cable provider. my cable provider switches me from 1080 HD to 480 SD during
commercials and my screen goes blank and my audio goes away. cheap a$$ charter here......

my HT
post #2207 of 2227 Old 02-27-2014, 11:09 AM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by eaamon View Post

don't confuse this with your cable provider. my cable provider switches me from 1080 HD to 480 SD during
commercials and my screen goes blank and my audio goes away. cheap a$$ charter here......

Nah, it's not related to this since the flashes are occuring during a TV show, not during commercial breaks.

Notice that if I see it happening, if I just power off and on my PVR/cable box, it seems to stop. So it could either by my PVR or a HDMC handshake issues between my PVR and TV. It would make sense since I never noticed this while playing games or watching a bluray movie so it may mean my TV is just fine. I will run more tests.

Anyway, I need to get a new receiver, my current 12 years old one is about to die and it has no HDMI ports so going through a receiver might fix the possible handshake issue I'm seeing, unless its not the issue and more about my PVR.
post #2208 of 2227 Old 03-31-2014, 10:08 PM

Hello. I'm hoping someone can help me here.

I'm currently having a problem while trying to watch movies via DLNA on my HX850. They are 1080p movies on a Shared folder on my laptop. The files have been converted from MKV to MP4 files since my TV will not play MKV files via DLNA. After they've been converted, I drop the files into my shared folder on my laptop, and play them on the TV. The past few times I've done this the movies start fine, but about 20 to 30 minutes in, the movies stop and the TV displays the message "Video File Cannot Be Played". The files aren't bad, as they play all the way through with no problem if I open them up on my computer. I've tried refreshing the internet content on the tv, turning off the tv and turning it back on, converting the files to a different format, usually AVI. Nothing has worked so far. I don't know what the problem is and was wondering if someone else has experience the same issue.

post #2209 of 2227 Old 04-01-2014, 06:28 AM

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked: 24
Quote:
Originally Posted by amedina1756 View Post

I'm currently having a problem while trying to watch movies via DLNA on my HX850.

What UPnP / DLNA server are you using on your PC?
post #2210 of 2227 Old 04-01-2014, 08:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AndrewFG View Post

What UPnP / DLNA server are you using on your PC?

I think just the Windows Media Player/Server. 

post #2211 of 2227 Old 04-03-2014, 02:34 AM

Do you stream through wireless or cable? If you server has a wireless interface from Intel, it could be because of driver issues. I have the same problem, but in my case it normally stops after some seconds to minutes.
post #2212 of 2227 Old 04-04-2014, 04:47 AM

Hi. Did you ever figure this out? Noticed this exact same problem last night while watching the hockey game. Coincidence that we're both in Canada (i'm in Toronto)? Haven't had time to do any testing so hopefully it was just a Rogers Cable/Sportsnet issue...
post #2213 of 2227 Old 04-04-2014, 04:48 AM

This is the problem I'm referring to:

"Originally Posted by Guibs View Post

Anyone else had seen this issue?"
Quote:
Originally Posted by newy3 View Post

Hi. Did you ever figure this out? Noticed this exact same problem last night while watching the hockey game. Coincidence that we're both in Canada (i'm in Toronto)? Haven't had time to do any testing so hopefully it was just a Rogers Cable/Sportsnet issue...
post #2214 of 2227 Old 04-04-2014, 10:50 AM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 15 Post(s)
Quote:

I have not had mine go all black but recently have noticed the full screen going to 1/2 brightness for a few seconds,
but it returns to normal. it does not do it repeatedly yet. but it has happened more than once.
I figured it was just a network issue, charter cable.....TN.

my HT
post #2215 of 2227 Old 04-09-2014, 07:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by patoberli View Post

Do you stream through wireless or cable? If you server has a wireless interface from Intel, it could be because of driver issues. I have the same problem, but in my case it normally stops after some seconds to minutes.

I stream through wireless. If it is driver issues, is there any way to fix it?

post #2216 of 2227 Old 04-09-2014, 07:55 AM

If you use Windows 8.1 to stream, I saw a wireless streaming bug solved in yesterdays released "Windows 8.1 Update 1" update. What operating system do you use and which model is your streaming client (laptop?)?
post #2217 of 2227 Old 04-10-2014, 05:35 AM
Advanced Member

Quote:

I believe my issue was a possible HDMI handshake issue or a problem with my PVR (I'm near Montréal and my provider is Vidéotron). I ended up getting a second PVR through a deal with my cable provider and put that new PVR downstairs where I use my HX850. Since then, I have not witness the issue and this has been a good 2 months now. It was probably something with a loose HDMI cable or my old PVR box. Anyway, the old PVR box is currently used on another TV and I have not witness the issue on that one. Both PVR are the same models too. So either disconnecting and reconnecting cables, swaping PVR or my Cable provider did a stealth update on the firmware/OS of my PVR but I have not witness the issue.

And to be clear, this is not the "reboot" of the TV that some may think it was. When the TV reboot because of online content crashes, My TV would close and power on with the SONY logo in the middle of the screen. The problem I had was a 1 second black screen at some random interval. Anyway, as I said, I have not witness the issue since I reported it and switch out my PVR.
post #2218 of 2227 Old 04-29-2014, 04:06 AM

I had an interesting bug with my TV yesterday which might also interest you.
History, I had a UPC Cablecom (Philips) DVB-C recorder box, where I terminated the TV signal. This box was connected with HDMI to my Onkyo TX-SR608 receiver, but also with an optical cable (HDMI never worked correct with audio and this box). The Sony is connected through the HDMI out of the Onkyo into the ARC compatible plug into the TV. I could watch without any problems TV this way and also had surround sound and everything. I could also switch on the TV to the DVB-C signal and watch the free channels incl. surround sound (sound was going through the ARC port to the receiver).
Now I've switched away from this old box to the CI+ card in the TV. So yesterday I plugged in the CI+ card, turned on the TV and had static noise instead of audio on the DVB-C signal. This was working the evening before, without the CI+ card. When I changed the TV sound settings to PCM instead of Auto I had sound, but only stereo.
I was a tad confused, so I checked all cables, turned the TV and Onkyo off and on again, but no change. No matter if I watched a free or unencrypted channel. I always had static noise when I had the audio setting format on Auto instead PCM (Auto is default).
Then I thought, hey I'm an IT guy, so the first thing to solve a problem, completely shut it off and on again. I turned off the power on the power strip, waited some seconds, turned it on again and ta-daa the sound was back in Auto, including surround!
So it was not enough to just power the TV and Onkyo off, or unplug and plugin the HDMI cables, I actually had to completely remove the power!
post #2219 of 2227 Old 04-30-2014, 03:46 AM

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked: 24
Quote:
Originally Posted by patoberli View Post

So it was not enough to just power the TV and Onkyo off, or unplug and plugin the HDMI cables, I actually had to completely remove the power!

That is HDMI for you. When set to Auto the two devices will "handshake" and negotiate a common setting, and then they keep that setting until they see an "event" informing them that something has changed. If you switch a device off, its internal circuitry might remain "on" (in standby mode), and so no event occurs to trigger a new handshake. However a full power recycle will always cause an event to trigger a new handshake.
post #2220 of 2227 Old 04-30-2014, 04:06 AM

That's why I also unplugged the HDMI cable while troubleshooting it. I expected that this should have been enough, but it wasn't.
Reply LCD Flat Panel Displays

Tags
Led Hdtv , Displays , Sony , 3d Hdtv , Sony Bravia 55 Inch Led Tv 3d Support Bravia Hx850 Kdl 55hx850 , Sony 40 Inch 3d Hdtv Kdl46hx850 , Sony Bravia Kdl55hx850 55 Inch Led Hdtv
Gear in this thread

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page