Official Sony HX850 Owner's Thread (46HX850, 55HX850) - Page 76 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews

Forum Jump: 
 1Likes

post #2251 of 2259 Old 09-29-2016, 05:14 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked: 0
I have a 40HX850 and was would like to calibrate it. Does anyone know if this TV has a Blue Only mode? I've tried looking for it but, surprisingly (shockingly!), there is no definitive information about whether Sony Bravia TVs have a Blue Only mode.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2252 of 2259 Old 09-29-2016, 05:16 AM

Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked: 10
No, it does not. It doesn't have color or 10 point greyscale either. You do get a great picture with what is there tho.
post #2253 of 2259 Old 09-29-2016, 05:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mabrandt View Post
No, it does not. It doesn't have color or 10 point greyscale either. You do get a great picture with what is there tho.
Bummer! Are there any particular blue filters you recommend?
post #2254 of 2259 Old 09-29-2016, 05:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by insertsomethingfunny View Post
Bummer! Are there any particular blue filters you recommend?
I used the one that came with the Avia disk, but I found that I got better results making sure that measuring the red and adjusting that using the color control was best. I left hue alone at 0.
post #2255 of 2259 Old 09-29-2016, 05:34 AM

Quote:
I used the one that came with the Avia disk, but I found that I got better results making sure that measuring the red and adjusting that using the color control was best. I left hue alone at 0.
I'm new to all of this and from the cursory reading that I have done (Rtings and elsewhere) it looks like it would be possible to get ~90% picture quality with basic calibration settings and without having to use very expensive equipment. I'd be fine with that. I haven't been able to get a blue filter and so the color and so haven't been able to adjust the color or tint settings. At times I find the skin tones too red but am not touching the Advanced White Balance settings as I'd be eye-balling it and don't have the equipment or experience for it.

Could you please share your settings if it is not a hassle?
post #2256 of 2259 Old 09-29-2016, 05:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by insertsomethingfunny View Post
I'm new to all of this and from the cursory reading that I have done (Rtings and elsewhere) it looks like it would be possible to get ~90% picture quality with basic calibration settings and without having to use very expensive equipment. I'd be fine with that. I haven't been able to get a blue filter and so the color and so haven't been able to adjust the color or tint settings. At times I find the skin tones too red but am not touching the Advanced White Balance settings as I'd be eye-balling it and don't have the equipment or experience for it.

Could you please share your settings if it is not a hassle?
Sorry, I just replaced it a month ago with a Samsung 4K. I gave it to my son and don't have access to it. Was always very pleased with Sony. I wanted one of their 4K but they were too big for my Entertainment center. Samsung had one that just fit. It also has all the controls. Just leave tint at 0 and adjust skin tone using color. If I remeber, it was 49 or 50.
post #2257 of 2259 Old 09-29-2016, 05:41 AM

Quote:
Sorry, I just replaced it a month ago with a Samsung 4K. I gave it to my son and don't have access to it. Was always very pleased with Sony. I wanted one of their 4K but they were too big for my Entertainment center. Samsung had one that just fit. It also has all the controls. Just leave tint at 0 and adjust skin tone using color. If I remeber, it was 49 or 50.
Sure. Thanks for your help :-)
post #2258 of 2259 Old 09-29-2016, 05:46 AM

I know I used the warm2 and movie settings. The other temps were not even close to what you want.Very little adjusting was needed after that.
post #2259 of 2259 Old 10-03-2016, 01:32 PM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 60 Post(s)
Liked: 24
I am not sure about your specific model. but most HX8** models just do a reset and maybe even a -1 on the blue other wise the
picture has perfect color balance after reset. you might not need to go -1 on some.
this was per home theater web site.

Last edited by eaamon; 10-03-2016 at 01:52 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply LCD Flat Panel Displays

Tags
Led Hdtv , Displays , Sony , 3d Hdtv , Sony Bravia 55 Inch Led Tv 3d Support Bravia Hx850 Kdl 55hx850 , Sony 40 Inch 3d Hdtv Kdl46hx850 , Sony Bravia Kdl55hx850 55 Inch Led Hdtv
Gear in this thread