Official Sharp LC-90LE745U Discussion Thread [No Price Talk] d - Page 28 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #811 of 1357 Old 01-22-2013, 01:39 PM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 17
Quote:
Originally Posted by gweempose View Post

When I was at Abt, I noticed there was a $1,000 instant rebate from Sharp. I don't know if this is still the case, but it probably is.

Yes it comes down to around 7000 after rebate.. this includes taxes. I think its a great price considering the fact that they are auth. dealers and deliver as well. 350 extra for mounting including brackers.. smile.gif
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #812 of 1357 Old 01-22-2013, 02:38 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked: 95
Quote:
Originally Posted by holyindian View Post

Yes it comes down to around 7000 after rebate.. this includes taxes. I think its a great price considering the fact that they are auth. dealers and deliver as well. 350 extra for mounting including brackers.. smile.gif

"350 extra for mounting including"

that's a rip off i don't care how big it is. my wife and i did our 80" no problem.

Habit Forming....Wallet Burning Hobby....

64" Samsung F8500 Plasma
55" Samsung B8500 Full Array Lcd
Channel Master Dvr
Onkyo 818
Crown xls-2000
Sony Blu-Ray 790
Svs Ultra Towers/Center, Energy Rc-50 Surround
Svs Pb-13 Ultra Sub
post #813 of 1357 Old 01-22-2013, 06:11 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 15 Post(s)
Liked: 30
Quote:
Originally Posted by airgas1998 View Post

"350 extra for mounting including the bracket ..."

that's a rip off i don't care how big it is. my wife and i did our 80" no problem.

Some people are handier than others. I sure as heck wouldn't attempt to mount a 90" TV on my own.
post #814 of 1357 Old 01-22-2013, 08:32 PM

Liked: 11
Anyone else with this tv that got to mess around with it ? Still trying to eliminate the soap opera effect as much as possible , getting puzzled
post #815 of 1357 Old 01-22-2013, 08:38 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jstnkim View Post

Anyone else with this tv that got to mess around with it ? Still trying to eliminate the soap opera effect as much as possible , getting puzzled

There are few settings for 80" sharp, check that thread.. i am sure they shud work on the 90" as well, as the software to program the TV shud be same probably.
By the way, i hated the soap effect at the showroom as well, the ending of Avengers movie looked funny as hell. biggrin.gif
post #816 of 1357 Old 01-23-2013, 05:50 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked: 95
Quote:

IF it is like the 80" 632 it is only defeatable in game mode. it's a software glitch with the 632 Sharp's well aware of this, but doesn't seem to want to do anything about it. watching blu-rays never a problem. there's a thread on this issue if you want to take a gander.

Habit Forming....Wallet Burning Hobby....

64" Samsung F8500 Plasma
55" Samsung B8500 Full Array Lcd
Channel Master Dvr
Onkyo 818
Crown xls-2000
Sony Blu-Ray 790
Svs Ultra Towers/Center, Energy Rc-50 Surround
Svs Pb-13 Ultra Sub
post #817 of 1357 Old 01-23-2013, 08:34 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Liked: 752
Quote:

IF it is like the 80" 632 it is only defeatable in game mode. it's a software glitch with the 632 Sharp's well aware of this, but doesn't seem to want to do anything about it. watching blu-rays never a problem. there's a thread on this issue if you want to take a gander.
airgas send me a link to that thread

Mike

JAZZ IS NOT DEAD IT JUST SMELLS FUNNY ; FRANK ZAPPA
post #818 of 1357 Old 01-23-2013, 06:14 PM
Advanced Member

Liked: 13
Quote:

Try turning off Film Mode and setting Motion Enhancement to 120 High at least that is what I read most guys with 632 and 844 units liked. I set my 844u to Film Mode - Advanced +1 and Motion Enhancement to currently Off but it looks good at 240 or 480 Aquamotion as well. But you do see sometimes double golf ball effect with aquamotion when watching golf.
post #819 of 1357 Old 01-24-2013, 08:38 AM

Ty u all ! Shall give it a try,
I know when I was calibrating it I tried to mess with the aquamotion, gave it major lag.but I havnt messed with film mode yet.

Now I'm excited to go home after work. I just got to work... Going to be a loooooong day
post #820 of 1357 Old 01-24-2013, 12:26 PM
Advanced Member

pls do let know, if it made any difference?
post #821 of 1357 Old 01-24-2013, 01:05 PM

Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Liked: 22
Quote:

I have the 80-632U and beg to differ. I watch it mostly in Standard mode. If I have the 120Hz and the FILM mode turned off, I get all the 24 FPS judder I can handle. It looks identical to my 60Hz 32" set in my bedroom. Scrolling titles at the end of a movie do not lie. I even get the irregular cadence indicative of the 3/2 frame rate necessary for 60 Hz.
The GAME mode is the only setting that does not have any significant lag - easily verified if you have a PC hooked up to it.
post #822 of 1357 Old 01-27-2013, 10:46 PM
Advanced Member

jstnkim, and other proud owners of this tv, please keep posting your experiences about this tv. please let the flame live.. and thus our motivation to to look into this model.
How did the config work for you?
post #823 of 1357 Old 01-28-2013, 05:38 PM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 27
Bloody hell I wish this would hit 6500 so I can buy it already
post #824 of 1357 Old 01-29-2013, 12:14 AM
AVS Addicted Member

Quoted: 38 Post(s)
Liked: 386
Quote:
Originally Posted by Suzook View Post

Bloody hell I wish this would hit 6500 so I can buy it already

Maybe soon with the 2013 models coming in? (I presume there is a 2013 version of this ?!?)

EDIT: I know the 90" continues in 2013. I don't know if they are upgrading the design/features.

There is no difference in HDMI cables. If you can see the picture without visible dropouts or sparklies, the cable is working at 100%. No other cable will display a better version of that picture. You're simply wrong if you think there is a better digital cable than one that is already working.
post #825 of 1357 Old 01-29-2013, 05:27 AM
AVS Special Member

Hey Mark. Nope its a carry over product with no changes :-(
post #826 of 1357 Old 01-29-2013, 04:16 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suzook View Post

Hey Mark. Nope its a carry over product with no changes :-(

Ah, that's a shame then.

I had a good conversation with Sharp about the 90" and the folks telling me how they really only brought the 80" to market to help sell 70" sets. But then it worked so well and the 80s were so cheap to make on the old fab, that they decided to try it again with the 90 inch. And sure enough, it worked as well (propotionally; obviously the volumes of 80s are much lower than 70s).

Maybe what they need to do is bring out a 100" to help sell more 90s and then drive down the price of the 90". smile.gif

There is no difference in HDMI cables. If you can see the picture without visible dropouts or sparklies, the cable is working at 100%. No other cable will display a better version of that picture. You're simply wrong if you think there is a better digital cable than one that is already working.
post #827 of 1357 Old 01-29-2013, 04:24 PM
AVS Special Member

Im all for anything that lowers the price on this beast
post #828 of 1357 Old 01-30-2013, 12:09 AM
Advanced Member

+1 on that, i will wait until april, if it gets any lower its a bonus,else i will get it for whatever it is selling for. 90" is irresistable. i cannot buy 80 after seeing the 90" side by side in comparison.
post #829 of 1357 Old 01-30-2013, 11:16 AM

Liked: 20
Question for the owners out there. What are you using for a stand, or are you wall mounting?

Currently my 90" is on a BDI Casata. It worked for my old home theater, but now I am looking to upgrade my speakers, and need more room for the Center Speaker.

Thanks
post #830 of 1357 Old 01-30-2013, 11:24 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Liked: 752
Quote:
Originally Posted by richardfh View Post

Question for the owners out there. What are you using for a stand, or are you wall mounting?

Currently my 90" is on a BDI Casata. It worked for my old home theater, but now I am looking to upgrade my speakers, and need more room for the Center Speaker.

Thanks
Using a wall mount adds flexibility in changing the speaker set-up , as with a entrainment center cabinet &/or a furniture stand you are locked into a certain size for the center , how far up the display is mounted & so on ,

Mike

JAZZ IS NOT DEAD IT JUST SMELLS FUNNY ; FRANK ZAPPA
post #831 of 1357 Old 01-30-2013, 11:26 AM

Some comments after having the Tv calibrated, and using it for close to 3 months.

The picture quality is similar to my old 80-632. Overall very good, though of course nothing like my old 60" Pioneer Kuro. That being said, I really dont miss the quality, with the significant size increase. Sports, and movies are amazing, as is most everything in high def. Non hd is not very good... its watchable, but overall pretty poor.

Despite the several thousand dollar price difference over the 80", this is one upgrade that I have zero regrets on. My room is large, and on the main floor, with several large windows. A projector would not be the option - and while I could finish part of the basement for a dedicated room, I now dont have any interest because of this tv.

For any of you sitting on the fence.... go for it, you wont regret it despite the price.
post #832 of 1357 Old 01-30-2013, 11:50 AM

Quoted: 12 Post(s)
Liked: 14
How is the black level on the 90"? What other TV can you compare it to?
post #833 of 1357 Old 01-30-2013, 03:17 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by sharok View Post

How is the black level on the 90"? What other TV can you compare it to?

You should read the post above yours.

post #834 of 1357 Old 01-30-2013, 08:52 PM

After a stroll through best buy, the 90" Sharp caught the corner of my eye in one of the magnolia theater rooms. As others have mentioned, I was really impressed and surprised with the image quality. I had always passed off the larger Sharps assuming they could not compare to a plasma display.

I finally convinced myself that this is the answer to the enhanced 'immersion' that i have been looking for. That, and the fact that it would be nice to have it in time for my SuperBowl party. I pulled the trigger, and it should arrive in a few days. I am coming from an ISF Calibrated Panasonic 65VT30 Plasma. I am nervous at the thought of making the switch to an LED panel, but I think the extra size will make up for it.

I really, really wanted to find a way to integrate a drop down projector to come over the front of the Panasonic, however, with the vaulted ceilings in my family room we could not come up with a concept that wouldn't look silly.

I am excited at the opportunity to view this set. I will report back once I spend some time with it.

Thank you all for your valuable feedback. Hopefully we can get more owners to chime in.
rogo likes this.
post #835 of 1357 Old 01-31-2013, 05:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rapidrezults View Post

After a stroll through best buy, the 90" Sharp caught the corner of my eye in one of the magnolia theater rooms. As others have mentioned, I was really impressed and surprised with the image quality. I had always passed off the larger Sharps assuming they could not compare to a plasma display.

I finally convinced myself that this is the answer to the enhanced 'immersion' that i have been looking for. That, and the fact that it would be nice to have it in time for my SuperBowl party. I pulled the trigger, and it should arrive in a few days. I am coming from an ISF Calibrated Panasonic 65VT30 Plasma. I am nervous at the thought of making the switch to an LED panel, but I think the extra size will make up for it.

I really, really wanted to find a way to integrate a drop down projector to come over the front of the Panasonic, however, with the vaulted ceilings in my family room we could not come up with a concept that wouldn't look silly.

I am excited at the opportunity to view this set. I will report back once I spend some time with it.

Thank you all for your valuable feedback. Hopefully we can get more owners to chime in.

Congratulations on your purchase. LED is a little different, but you quickly get used to it. I was in the same boat as you regarding a projector. This was the next best option, and as I mentioned, do not at all regret my decision.

Hopefully you get it in time for the Superbowl. Please let us know your opinion of the tv once received.
post #836 of 1357 Old 01-31-2013, 07:12 AM

Liked: 10
Quote:

Congratulations.....

I'm interested in your impressions when its in your house.

How far away do you sit?
post #837 of 1357 Old 01-31-2013, 08:07 AM
Advanced Member

Quote:

Congratulations dude, you are living a dream, i am dreaming of smile.gif
Soon... wink.gif
post #838 of 1357 Old 01-31-2013, 06:07 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Nothing replaces size.
holyindian likes this.

post #839 of 1357 Old 02-01-2013, 08:28 PM

After a better part of the day moving plasmas around the house and running cable for my new in-wall surrounds, we mounted the "90" on the wall! All I can say is, I didn't realize how big this thing was in Magnolia! It is HUGE. I am about 45 minutes into it, and the image quality is, again, pretty darn amazing for a screen this size. Avatar looks breathtaking, but I somewhat consider that cheating. Avatar looks amazing on almost anything. Regular HD content (DirecTV) looks great, caught a few minutes of an NBA game on ESPN. I am sitting about 13-14' from the screen.

One question for those with more experience on the Sharp LEDs. I briefly noticed a slight cloud or slightly lighter blobs on the left side of the panel. You can just barely, and I mean barely see them when there is a black background on a Denon backsplash screen or the Directv screensaver. One thing to note is when i was in the sharp settings menu, the black background on there did not seem to show them. It is really subtle, and I cannot notice anything when there is actual picture. It doesn't seem to be noticeable on a "real" black screen if that makes any sense. Its almost a halfway black screen that shows it.

Anyway, I hope its nothing to worry about. I will be posting pics soon enough.
post #840 of 1357 Old 02-05-2013, 01:29 PM

Here are a few pics taken from my iPhone with sub-par lighting. Obviously the pictures don't do the set justice in terms of PQ. After some quality time with it I can honestly say it has an amazing picture quality for a set this size. Almost every single person at my Superbowl party commented on how great the PQ was and that they didn't think a set this big could look that good. In fact, people were taking pictures next to it as if it was some sort of art piece on the wall. The size of it isn't really conveyed in the pictures. Watching movies is amazing. It truly is a projector/theater type experience. I followed some of the settings i found on the 80" Sharp threads and tweaked to my liking. Its not perfect yet, but its darn close.

and one more pic for good sport. I read what the other guy went through when the pics didn't look like a 90. Here she is delivered right to the back of my office. smile.gif LOL

Reply LCD Flat Panel Displays

Tags
Sharp , Displays , Sharp Aquos Lc52le640u Led Hdtv , Led Hdtv , Sharp 90 Inch 3d Led Hdtv Lc 90le745u
Gear in this thread

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page