Official Sharp LC-90LE745U Discussion Thread [No Price Talk] d - Page 3 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #61 of 1357 Old 05-16-2012, 12:16 PM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 85 Post(s)
Liked: 66
Quote:
Originally Posted by billdag View Post

Keep in mind that 10" equals about 37% more screen area than an 80"!!
It's not directly comparable, of course, but I remember well the thrill of going from a 42" to a 52" some years ago. Huge difference.

Yes, 27% of course. I dyslexed it upwards. Sorry. Still - a sizable increase!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #62 of 1357 Old 05-16-2012, 12:25 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Liked: 753
Quote:

Yes, 27% of course. I dyslexed it upwards. Sorry. Still - a sizable increase!

Still Keeps That EXxtremE WoW ! Factor anyway

Mike

JAZZ IS NOT DEAD IT JUST SMELLS FUNNY ; FRANK ZAPPA
post #63 of 1357 Old 05-16-2012, 12:29 PM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 85 Post(s)
Liked: 66
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sick Mother View Post

Keep in mind viewing distance will also grow as screen size does. The human eye can only see so much detail. Google the article "why 4k is stupid." Very interesting. I personally would much rather see better color accuracy, motion resolution, deeper black, etc. than 4k.

I agree. Good points. At just under 12 feet from a 90" screen, a person with 20-20 vision cannot tell the difference between 1080P and ANY higher resolution. As Chad B pointed out with the 80-632U you can't really move too much closer (relatively) before you start seeing the sides start to lighten up and losing contrast.
post #64 of 1357 Old 05-16-2012, 01:14 PM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 14
Quote:

I agree. Good points. At just under 12 feet from a 90" screen, a person with 20-20 vision cannot tell the difference between 1080P and ANY higher resolution. As Chad B pointed out with the 80-632U you can't really move too much closer (relatively) before you start seeing the sides start to lighten up and losing contrast.

I am glad I don't have a larger living room or bedroom or the 90 might be tempting but I can't be back 12' from the screen (now at 10' with the 80") I would suspect that watching the 90 that close would be the equivalent of being in the front row of a movie theater.
post #65 of 1357 Old 05-16-2012, 01:59 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by planetweckesser View Post

I am glad I don't have a larger living room or bedroom or the 90 might be tempting but I can't be back 12' from the screen (now at 10' with the 80") I would suspect that watching the 90 that close would be the equivalent of being in the front row of a movie theater.

I'm about the same for my place as well , the 632 is gonna hold me until there is a significant improvement in PQ on newer sets down the road . at 10 to 11 feet back the 80" fills my " field of view " quite well . 10 more inches will not be that much of an improvement in PQ.
anyway if there would be a change in PQ with a 90" it might not be for the better at 10/11 foot back. I would be in the market for a improvement like a " Elite " 80" PQ improvement with local dimming ,increased black levels , better contrast, sharper detail . I myself think ( for ME anyway ) any added costs that the 90" goes for over a 632 ,I would rather put those added costs into a 80" "Elite "
Thou 4K might offer finer detail just in the fact that there are more pixels on the screen , The PQ by getting/moving closer to screen might improve in a 4K unit that provides with the higher pixel count . Until they come out I really don't believe in all the reports in favor &/or against 4K . I want to see & evaluate that for myself .
BUT that would have to be seen by me in person & NOT just a report about a perceived improvement .

Mike

post #66 of 1357 Old 05-16-2012, 02:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fastslappy View Post

I'm about the same for my place as well , the 632 is gonna hold me until there is a significant improvement in PQ on newer sets down the road . at 10 to 11 feet back the 80" fills my " field of view " quite well . 10 more inches will not be that much of an improvement in PQ.
anyway if there would be a change in PQ with a 90" it might not be for the better at 10/11 foot back. I would be in the market for a improvement like a " Elite " 80" PQ improvement with local dimming ,increased black levels , better contrast, sharper detail . I myself think ( for ME anyway ) any added costs that the 90" goes for over a 632 ,I would rather put those added costs into a 80" "Elite "
Thou 4K might offer finer detail just in the fact that there are more pixels on the screen , The PQ by getting/moving closer to screen might improve in a 4K unit that provides with the higher pixel count . Until they come out I really don't believe in all the reports in favor &/or against 4K . I want to see & evaluate that for myself .
BUT that would have to be seen by me in person & NOT just a report about a perceived improvement .

I guess we will find out in the very near future (about 4K) with the LG 84" just around the corner. I will bet there is not much difference at that viewing distance. Now 4-5 years down the road when large screen OLED's are reasonably priced - I am sure that would make a big difference from the current crop of LCD's.
post #67 of 1357 Old 05-16-2012, 07:38 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 520 Post(s)
Liked: 689
post #68 of 1357 Old 05-16-2012, 07:42 PM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 27
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cleveland Plasma View Post

People can barley see 1080P, we will need eye transplants to see 4K I feel. Not to mention when and where will the 4K content be out ?

So your not wanting my order for two LG 84 inch panels? ;-)
post #69 of 1357 Old 05-16-2012, 08:11 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 520 Post(s)
Liked: 689
We will sell any unit to any person, we do not have the final answer We are not prejudice

--Side note did you see the video where a Lamborghini had a better day ? Click Here ( this is a rhetorical question unless you want to send a PM )
post #70 of 1357 Old 05-16-2012, 08:20 PM

Quoted: 15 Post(s)
Liked: 21
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cleveland Plasma View Post

We will sell any unit to any person, we do not have the final answer We are not prejudice

--Side note did you see the video where a Lamborghini had a better day ? Click Here ( this is a rhetorical question unless you want to send a PM )

That right there is why I never drive my Lamborghini at the limit.
post #71 of 1357 Old 05-16-2012, 08:37 PM
AVS Special Member

I saw it........MAJOR FAIL....Wrecked Exotics is one of my favorite sites
post #72 of 1357 Old 05-16-2012, 11:23 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 280 Post(s)
Liked: 225
Has anyone absolutely confirmed these 90" are not 4K? If ever there was any display on the market that could benefit from the increased resolution, it is surely a set this size. It does say "with more than 8 million dots for the sharpest picture possible." and there are 8.3 million pixels in a 4K picture. Although they use the same terminology when breaking down the 2K Quattron panel into 4 sub-pixel colors, which technically gives you over 8 million dots. The LG 84" was 4K and was supposed to MSRP at around 10K also. Although, it looks like this 90" may street for around $7K and that might be proof it is indeed only 2K.
post #73 of 1357 Old 05-17-2012, 06:34 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by sytech View Post

Has anyone absolutely confirmed these 90" are not 4K? If ever there was any display on the market that could benefit from the increased resolution, it is surely a set this size. It does say "with more than 8 million dots for the sharpest picture possible." and there are 8.3 million pixels in a 4K picture. Although they use the same terminology when breaking down the 2K Quattron panel into 4 sub-pixel colors, which technically gives you over 8 million dots. The LG 84" was 4K and was supposed to MSRP at around 10K also. Although, it looks like this 90" may street for around $7K and that might be proof it is indeed only 2K.

Def 2k
post #74 of 1357 Old 05-17-2012, 06:40 AM

Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked: 21
Quote:

The current Elites do not have the pronounced halo effect &/or blooming due to the mentioned larger dimming areas. The Elites have had an issue with Pulsing in certain backgrounds , while sorta fixed by a firmware firmware the problem still exists to a lessor degree & until that issue is resolved to Sharps satisfaction we are not going to see a new L/D model ..
The current 80" back lit full array Sharp's have a impressive black level now without local dimming & there is no reason that the 90" will not have the same level of black as the 80"er's do.

I can't wait to see one, but I do think for that kinda dough they should add Local Dimming to the 90-inch!

Kevin Miller
ISF Technician
Co-Instructor ISF Level I & II Seminars
Display Product Development Consultant
kevin@isftv.com
Co-founder tweaktv.com
post #75 of 1357 Old 05-17-2012, 03:40 PM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by Monitorman View Post

I can't wait to see one, but I do think for that kinda dough they should add Local Dimming to the 90-inch!

With local dimming it would be a no-brainer... for me.
post #76 of 1357 Old 05-17-2012, 04:04 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by dhan View Post

With local dimming it would be a no-brainer... for me.

But probably add another 2k to the price at least
post #77 of 1357 Old 05-17-2012, 09:11 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

there will be a L/D 4K Sharp soon in all the large sizes 80" & 90" that's just a "when" not a " IF ".. That's where the profits will be & Sharp will chase it ...

Mike

post #78 of 1357 Old 05-18-2012, 05:37 AM
Advanced Member

Liked: 18
Quote:

there will be a L/D 4K Sharp soon in all the large sizes 80" & 90" that's just a "when" not a " IF ".. That's where the profits will be & Sharp will chase it ...

What does "soon" mean? This year? Next?
post #79 of 1357 Old 05-18-2012, 07:11 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by bslep View Post

What does "soon" mean? This year? Next?

Well no official models were announced at CES which likely means next CES. So add in production time and its probably June of next year. Again its all guessing at this point
post #80 of 1357 Old 05-18-2012, 03:36 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suzook View Post

Well no official models were announced at CES which likely means next CES. So add in production time and its probably June of next year. Again its all guessing at this point

Actually, there was a Sharp 60" 4K demo on the floor and 70" 4K prototype in private showing as I recall. No idea if they had LD. They are still saying they will release a couple of 4K sets in Japan by the end of this year.
post #81 of 1357 Old 05-18-2012, 03:41 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Quote:

Actually, there was a Sharp 60" 4K demo on the floor and 70" 4K prototype in private showing as I recall. No idea if they had LD. They are still saying they will release a couple of 4K sets in Japan by the end of this year.

AHhhh,
........ Hope Springs Eternal .............

Mike

post #82 of 1357 Old 05-19-2012, 09:40 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

I stand corrected ;-)

Hey the Canadian site has this beast on sale already for 1k off and it isn't even out yet
post #83 of 1357 Old 05-19-2012, 09:43 AM
AVS Special Member

First pics of the 90", I think. Don't have 80" to compare, but bezel looks smaller or maybe it is an illusion because the TV is so damn big.

The LC-90LE745U is part of our AQUOS LED TV a high performance line that offers 3D capability. Sharp's proprietary AQUOS LED system comprised of the X-Gen LCD panel and UltraBrilliant LEDs, with an enhanced Active Contrast algorithm, enables an incredible dynamic contrast ratio of 8,000,000:1 and the Spacious 3D Sound completes the 3D experience.

The LC-90LE745U with brushed aluminum bezel features our 1080p 3D Full Array LED panel, delivering one of the most natural, vibrant pictures available. And with built-in Wi-Fi and our intuitive SmartCentral user interface, you can access and download today's most popular apps or browse the Internet - all without disrupting what you're watching.
post #84 of 1357 Old 05-19-2012, 10:07 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

First pics of the 90", I think. Don't have 80" to compare, but bezel looks smaller or maybe it is an illusion because the TV is so damn big.

The LC-90LE745U is part of our AQUOS LED TV a high performance line that offers 3D capability. Sharp's proprietary AQUOS LED system comprised of the X-Gen LCD panel and UltraBrilliant LEDs, with an enhanced Active Contrast algorithm, enables an incredible dynamic contrast ratio of 8,000,000:1 and the Spacious 3D Sound completes the 3D experience.

The LC-90LE745U with brushed aluminum bezel features our 1080p 3D Full Array LED panel, delivering one of the most natural, vibrant pictures available. And with built-in Wi-Fi and our intuitive SmartCentral user interface, you can access and download today's most popular apps or browse the Internet - all without disrupting what you're watching.

Yeah that bezel looks way small
post #85 of 1357 Old 05-19-2012, 10:12 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

I stand corrected ;-)

Hey the Canadian site has this beast on sale already for 1k off and it isn't even out yet

Mind blowing isn't it. Just a year and half ago we were speculating the 70" set would be north of $10K if they every even released one and now this 90" is going to street for somewhere around 7.5K, and probably 6.5K by the same time next year.
post #86 of 1357 Old 05-19-2012, 11:52 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Quote:

Yeah that bezel looks way small

those spec's call for a AL bezel .. & that would stand to reason that it's AL anyway when you start to get that big ....................

plastic is just not gonna cut it, strength wise

that is a NICE looking set ..

If the Canada site is already reducing the price when it's not even released yet , we will see a lower price this summer that's for sure ..

there is Also a report over on the 945 site that has a statement from Sharp that the 945 is still going to be released this summer ...

That means that the Local Dimming issues are being resolved

AND if that is True !

then that means that a 80" & 90" Local Dimming model is soon to be expected outta Sharp & maybe even a Elite L/D 4K model
Then those Displays, if they happen , will make Sharp a Jumbo Display Juggernaut.......\\

You heard that here 1st !

Mike

post #87 of 1357 Old 05-19-2012, 01:06 PM
DDD

Quoted: 4 Post(s)
We've been having trouble getting our 80" without cracked screens. Just imagine how many of these will arrive with cracked screens!
post #88 of 1357 Old 05-19-2012, 01:32 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by DDD View Post

We've been having trouble getting our 80" without cracked screens. Just imagine how many of these will arrive with cracked screens!

Perhaps with the aluminum frame it will be less of a concern
post #89 of 1357 Old 05-19-2012, 02:07 PM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 12
Quote:

there is Also a report over on the 945 site that has a statement from Sharp that the 945 is still going to be released this summer ...

That means that the Local Dimming issues are being resolved

AND if that is True !

then that means that a 80" & 90" Local Dimming model is soon to be expected outta Sharp & maybe even a Elite L/D 4K model
Then those Displays, if they happen , will make Sharp a Jumbo Display Juggernaut.......q\\

You heard that here 1st !

I'm curious to see how a 945 will compare to the Elite.
And a 80 or 90 Local dimming model would make my day for sure!
post #90 of 1357 Old 05-19-2012, 02:26 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by DDD View Post

seems a redesign of the shipping package is in order also............
most if not all Cracked screens are the result of laying down the box &/or a drop of the box .
If the issue is not resolved then the shipping Costs of these displays will rise.

Mike

Reply LCD Flat Panel Displays

Tags
Sharp , Displays , Sharp Aquos Lc52le640u Led Hdtv , Led Hdtv , Sharp 90 Inch 3d Led Hdtv Lc 90le745u
Gear in this thread - Lc52le640u by PriceGrabber.com

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page