Looks like this Sharp 90" is Really gonna come true

There is now a model #

here the WiFi Certificate filed by Sharp
Quote:
Certificate Date: January 16, 2012

Company: Sharp Corporation

Product: AQUOS LCD TV

Model/SKU #: LC-90LE745U/

Category: Display Device (eg. television, monitor, picture frame)

provided by .. new member;rketi

http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/attac...3&d=1335570023

posted here ;
http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/showt...1#post21959708

Looks like FUN is ahead !

See less See more
#80 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suzook /forum/post/22036843

Well no official models were announced at CES which likely means next CES. So add in production time and its probably June of next year. Again its all guessing at this point

Actually, there was a Sharp 60" 4K demo on the floor and 70" 4K prototype in private showing as I recall. No idea if they had LD. They are still saying they will release a couple of 4K sets in Japan by the end of this year.

#81 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by sytech /forum/post/22038861

Actually, there was a Sharp 60" 4K demo on the floor and 70" 4K prototype in private showing as I recall. No idea if they had LD. They are still saying they will release a couple of 4K sets in Japan by the end of this year.

AHhhh,

........ Hope Springs Eternal .............

#82 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by sytech /forum/post/0

I stand corrected ;-)

Hey the Canadian site has this beast on sale already for 1k off and it isn't even out yet

#83 ·
First pics of the 90", I think. Don't have 80" to compare, but bezel looks smaller or maybe it is an illusion because the TV is so damn big.

The LC-90LE745U is part of our AQUOS LED TV a high performance line that offers 3D capability. Sharp's proprietary AQUOS LED system comprised of the X-Gen LCD panel and UltraBrilliant LEDs, with an enhanced Active Contrast algorithm, enables an incredible dynamic contrast ratio of 8,000,000:1 and the Spacious 3D Sound completes the 3D experience.

The LC-90LE745U with brushed aluminum bezel features our 1080p 3D Full Array LED panel, delivering one of the most natural, vibrant pictures available. And with built-in Wi-Fi and our intuitive SmartCentral user interface, you can access and download today's most popular apps or browse the Internet - all without disrupting what you're watching.

#84 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by sytech /forum/post/0

First pics of the 90", I think. Don't have 80" to compare, but bezel looks smaller or maybe it is an illusion because the TV is so damn big.

The LC-90LE745U is part of our AQUOS LED TV a high performance line that offers 3D capability. Sharp's proprietary AQUOS LED system comprised of the X-Gen LCD panel and UltraBrilliant LEDs, with an enhanced Active Contrast algorithm, enables an incredible dynamic contrast ratio of 8,000,000:1 and the Spacious 3D Sound completes the 3D experience.

The LC-90LE745U with brushed aluminum bezel features our 1080p 3D Full Array LED panel, delivering one of the most natural, vibrant pictures available. And with built-in Wi-Fi and our intuitive SmartCentral user interface, you can access and download today's most popular apps or browse the Internet - all without disrupting what you're watching.

Yeah that bezel looks way small

#85 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suzook /forum/post/22040775

I stand corrected ;-)

Hey the Canadian site has this beast on sale already for 1k off and it isn't even out yet

Mind blowing isn't it. Just a year and half ago we were speculating the 70" set would be north of $10K if they every even released one and now this 90" is going to street for somewhere around 7.5K, and probably 6.5K by the same time next year.

#86 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suzook /forum/post/22040848

Yeah that bezel looks way small

those spec's call for a AL bezel .. & that would stand to reason that it's AL anyway when you start to get that big ....................

plastic is just not gonna cut it, strength wise

that is a NICE looking set ..

If the Canada site is already reducing the price when it's not even released yet , we will see a lower price this summer that's for sure ..

there is Also a report over on the 945 site that has a statement from Sharp that the 945 is still going to be released this summer ...

That means that the Local Dimming issues are being resolved

AND if that is True !

then that means that a 80" & 90" Local Dimming model is soon to be expected outta Sharp & maybe even a Elite L/D 4K model

Then those Displays, if they happen , will make Sharp a Jumbo Display Juggernaut.......
\\

You heard that here 1st !

#89 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fastslappy /forum/post/0

there is Also a report over on the 945 site that has a statement from Sharp that the 945 is still going to be released this summer ...

That means that the Local Dimming issues are being resolved

AND if that is True !

then that means that a 80" & 90" Local Dimming model is soon to be expected outta Sharp & maybe even a Elite L/D 4K model

Then those Displays, if they happen , will make Sharp a Jumbo Display Juggernaut.......
q\\

You heard that here 1st !

I'm curious to see how a 945 will compare to the Elite.

And a 80 or 90 Local dimming model would make my day for sure!

#90 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by DDD /forum/post/22041281

We've been having trouble getting our 80" without cracked screens. Just imagine how many of these will arrive with cracked screens!

seems a redesign of the shipping package is in order also............

most if not all Cracked screens are the result of laying down the box &/or a drop of the box .

If the issue is not resolved then the shipping Costs of these displays will rise.

#91 ·
BB inventory system also lists 10K price. "In-stock" date of 6/24/12, although actual shipments to distribution centers/stores will probably be 1-3 weeks later if things go as usual.

#93 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by planetweckesser /forum/post/22028448

This one would probably work - look under specifications and it gives the mounting pattern dimensions - depends on what the pattern is for the new 90" I believe this is the heaviest mount on the market. http://www.chiefmfg.com/Products/PDRUB

While the weight would be under the limit of this mount, the VESA pattern would require an adapter. The mount pattern is supposed to be 400x600 on this.

#94 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by Speakerphile /forum/post/22055225

While the weight would be under the limit of this mount, the VESA pattern would require an adapter. The mount pattern is supposed to be 400x600 on this.

This is the technical drawing for the Universal Mounting Plate that comes with the mount - I am not sure how to calculte the VESA numbers but this looks large enough? http://downloads.chiefmfg.com/TECH-D...s-T/PSBU-T.pdf I used the adaptor for my 80" (844U) and it seems like there was plenty of room for a larger mounting pattern (400 X 400 for the 80").

#96 ·
I can't imagine that this model would look that great...1920x1080 at 90", combined with the inherent sharpness of an LCD vs. the softness of a, say, front-projected image at 92". Guess seeing it will be the real test.

#100 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suzook /forum/post/22057960

well fat then I suggest you stroll on over to the 80632 or 80844 threads. Yes 10 inches less but plenty of happy campers with full array which the 90 will have as well. And I suspect very good PQ as well.

I'm sure they'll look "good," but just how good? I think we are at the point where Sharp has been hitting the market so hard with large flat panels that at 90" we are at the point where screen size is outpacing available resolution. I'm sure at a far enough seating distance this set will look very good, however I think it's undeniable that these mega-sized sets would definitely benefit from a bump in resolution.

#101 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by fatuglyguy /forum/post/22058190

I'm sure they'll look "good," but just how good? I think we are at the point where Sharp has been hitting the market so hard with large flat panels that at 90" we are at the point where screen size is outpacing available resolution. I'm sure at a far enough seating distance this set will look very good, however I think it's undeniable that these mega-sized sets would definitely benefit from a bump in resolution.

Yeah, if every there was a large format display that need 4K, this would be it. TCL has a commercial 110" LCD and that is 4K. They may be saving the 4K for the Elite line next year.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.