Looks like this Sharp 90" is Really gonna come true

There is now a model #

here the WiFi Certificate filed by Sharp
Quote:
Certificate Date: January 16, 2012

Company: Sharp Corporation

Product: AQUOS LCD TV

Model/SKU #: LC-90LE745U/

Category: Display Device (eg. television, monitor, picture frame)

provided by .. new member;rketi

http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/attac...3&d=1335570023

posted here ;
http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/showt...1#post21959708

Looks like FUN is ahead !

See less See more
#4 ·
I want one!!!!!

The LC-90LE745U is part of our AQUOS LED TV a high performance line that off ers 3D capability. Sharp's proprietary AQUOS LED system comprised of the X-Gen LCD panel and UltraBrilliant LEDs, with an enhanced Active Contrast algorithm, enables an incredible dynamic contrast ratio of 8,000,000:1 and the Spacious 3D Sound completes the 3D experience.

The LC-90LE745U with brushed aluminum bezel features our 1080p 3D Full Array LED panel, delivering one of the most natural, vibrant pictures available. And with built-in Wi-Fi and our intuitive SmartCentral user interface,

you can access and download today's most popular apps or browse the Internet - all without disrupting what you're watching.

Features

Full HD 1080p (1920 x 1080) Resolution - with more than 8 million dots for the sharpest picture possible.

Optional 3D Glasses - with unique 3D-2D mode conversion button.

Built-in Wi-Fi - no additional hardware needed.

UltraBrilliant LED system - includes a unique doubledome

light amplifi er lens and multi-fl uorescents, enabling high brightness and color purity.

SmartCentral user interface - with access to Netfl ix, YouTube, Facebook, Twitter, and Internet browsing. (Netfl ix membership required for Netfl ix instant streaming. Membership and/or additional fees may apply.)

Full HD 1080p X-Gen LCD Panel - is designed with advanced pixel control to minimize light leakage and a wider aperture to let more light through, providing

the industry's highest contrast level.

Models LC-90LE745U

Basic Specifi cations

Screen Size Class 90 Class

(90 1/64 Diagonal)

Panel Type X-Gen LCD Panel

Backlight System Full Array

Audio System 10W + 10W +15W

Response Time 4ms

Features

Smart TV Yes with new user interface

Surround Sound Yes

Quattron quad pixel technology No

AQUOS Advantage Support Yes

Terminals : Inputs

HDMI® 4 (Version 1.4 capable)

HD Component 1

Composite Video 2

Audio Inputs (L/R) RCA X 2

RS-232C 1

PC 1

Ethernet Input 1

Power

Power Consumption AC (watts) 381 W

Power Source 120 V, 60 Hz

Weight & Dimensions : Dimensions

Dimensions (wxhxd)(mm) 2054 x 1211 x 116

Dimensions with Stand (wxhxd)(mm) 2054 x 1243 x 434

Weight & Dimensions : Weight

Product Weight (kgs) 64 kg

Weight with Stand (kgs) 68 kg

Additional Specifi cations

Cabinet Colour Black

Limited Warranty*3 1 year parts and labour from date of purchase

#5 ·
So, once again a LED full-array backlight LCD HDTV that does not utilize its (un)arguably most important feature and benefit, namely full local-dimming...

What are these manufacturers thinking of ? Saving money by skipping implementation of expensive + "complicated" full local-dimming technology at the cost of higher brightness level / poorer black level, however offering the "benefit" of that extra slim + attractive panel ?

I would gladly trade that 1 1/2" in panel depth without local-dimming for a panel with a depth of 4" offering the technology, and i think most people familiar with its benefits would agree with me.

I've been reading test reports for years now on LCD screens and invariably they indicate that full local-dimming brings a level of brightness/contrast that's unsurpassed, with black levels measuring below 0.001 ft-L, the measurement floor of professional colorimeters !

It appears that the competition in XXX-large LCD HDTVs this Fall will be between this Sharp 90" and the LG 84" with 4K resolution, neither of which appear to have full local-dimming.

I guess like most knowledgeable videophiles i will just have to wait and bide my time until i can find what i want and meanwhile continue enjoying my rather small 70" diagonal high-gain screen "mated" with my Runco LED pj...

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Marcos

#7 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by MCaugusto /forum/post/22013048

So, once again a LED full-array backlight LCD HDTV that does not utilize its (un)arguably most important feature and benefit, namely full local-dimming...

What are these manufacturers thinking of ? Saving money by skipping implementation of expensive + "complicated" full local-dimming technology at the cost of higher brightness level / poorer black level, however offering the "benefit" of that extra slim + attractive panel ?

I would gladly trade that 1 1/2" in panel depth without local-dimming for a panel with a depth of 4" offering the technology, and i think most people familiar with its benefits would agree with me.

I've been reading test reports for years now on LCD screens and invariably they indicate that full local-dimming brings a level of brightness/contrast that's unsurpassed, with black levels measuring below 0.001 ft-L, the measurement floor of professional colorimeters !

It appears that the competition in XXX-large LCD HDTVs this Fall will be between this Sharp 90" and the LG 84" with 4K resolution, neither of which appear to have full local-dimming.

I guess like most knowledgeable videophiles i will just have to wait and bide my time until i can find what i want and meanwhile continue enjoying my rather small 70" diagonal high-gain screen "mated" with my Runco LED pj...

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Marcos

I agree...

#8 ·
Issues with getting the local dimming right is the reason ... They still have NOT got the issues with local dimming smoothed out on the Elites YET as well . So rather than put out models with a crippled local dimming (the 945 line is NOT going to be released also) , Sharp moves forward with a 90" panel .

Why not ? they can make them ,So why not release Displays that are larger panel than a 80" ? The 80" Displays are Very Nice I have one & I love it .

Quote:
Originally Posted by MCaugusto /forum/post/22013048

Marcos

#11 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by hdtv4xmas /forum/post/22014723

These specifications seem to be mutually exclusive:

"Full HD 1080p (1920 x 1080) Resolution - with more than 8 million dots for the sharpest picture possible."

AND

"Quattron™ quad pixel technology No "

I wonder which it is?

I'm guessing it doesn't have Quattron. That's probably why it's 7XX instead of 8XX for latest 80" 844U.

#12 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suzook /forum/post/22014768

Let the "guess the street price" games begin :)

My guess is $6500 - $7000. Good thing this doesn't fit in my entertainment center otherwise I may be wanting to upgrade.

When these displays reaches 120"+ with good pricing I'll have to see if I need to replace the front projector and my 134" image in my HT.

#13 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fastslappy /forum/post/22014662

Issues with getting the local dimming right is the reason ... They still have NOT got the issues with local dimming smoothed out on the Elites YET as well . So rather than put out models with a crippled local dimming (the 945 line is NOT going to be released also) , Sharp moves forward with a 90" panel .

Why not ? they can make them ,So why not release Displays that are larger panel than a 80" ? The 80" Displays are Very Nice I have one & I love it .

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Well, we all know what LED local-dimming means, that it has been around since Sony released its first implementation 3 years ago and that its main "problem" is that "halo" effect that might be visible due to the large size of LED zones illuminating much smaller white objects during expanded black scenes - starfields particularly.

Home Theater Magazine has been reporting on this issue since the magazine tested the first LCD HDTV with the technology about three years ago, a Sony model, and they found the tremendous increase in contrast ratio more than made up for its shortcomings, aka, "halos".

In fact, on their report on a newer LG model with local-dimming that has more LED zones than most others units, they found that "halos" were a non-issue, non-existent.

If the Sharp Elite implementation of LED local-dimming is "crippled" in any way it would be difficult to relate considering that the 60" Elite has reportedly 240 dimming zones and the 70" Elite has 336 zones.

About one year ago HT magazine tested a LED edge-lit model from Samsung offering variable dimming and they commented extensively on its effectiveness for that particular model, with its black level measuring close to 0.001 ft-L, comparable to models with local-dimming.

Before i purchase any of these new XXX-large LCD panels with LED backlighting but no local-dimming i will certainly try to read reputable test reports to get a handle on their native contrast ratio versus LED-dimmed contrast ratio, that's for sure...

#15 ·

The current Elites do not have the pronounced halo effect &/or blooming due to the mentioned larger dimming areas. The Elites have had an issue with Pulsing in certain backgrounds , while sorta fixed by a  firmware upgrade, the problem still exists to a lessor degree & until that issue is resolved to Sharps satisfaction we are not going to see a new L/D model ..

The current 80" back lit full array Sharp's have a impressive black level now without local dimming & there is no reason that the 90" will not have the same level of black as the 80"er's do.

#16 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by fastslappy /forum/post/0

the current elites do not have the pronounced halo effect &/or blooming due to the mentioned larger dimming areas. The elites have had an issue with pulsing in certain backgrounds , while sorta fixed by a firmware firmware the problem still exists to a lessor degree & until that issue is resolved to sharps satisfaction we are not going to see a new l/d model ..

The current 80" back lit full array sharp's have a impressive black level now without local dimming & there is no reason that the 90" will not have the same level of black as the 80"er's do.

+1

#23 ·
well if its limited quantities as stated then most of us wont be getting this monster because its likely to stay at the higher price. Of course if they start getting yield, pumping them out etc etc. who knows maybe 6k by the new year?

remember $100 an inch as the rule..... my first 42 inch plasma in 2001 cost me 7 grand

its all relative

#24 ·
Went to a store today where a friend of mine works and they told me that the 90" was available NOW for 10k can. and that I could order one if I wanted to. I want to see it first and I won't pay 10k for it + an eventual 80" elite next year is another interesting prospect. So the waiting game continues...

According to some info they got from their Sharp representative it seems there are only 200 units available for north america in the first batch.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.