Looks like this Sharp 90" is Really gonna come true
There is now a model #
here the WiFi Certificate filed by Sharp
Quote:

Certificate Date: January 16, 2012
Company: Sharp Corporation
Product: AQUOS LCD TV
Model/SKU #: LC-90LE745U/
Category: Display Device (eg. television, monitor, picture frame)

provided by .. new member;rketi

http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/attac...3&d=1335570023

posted here ;
http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/showt...1#post21959708

Looks like FUN is ahead !

Mike

JAZZ IS NOT DEAD IT JUST SMELLS FUNNY ; FRANK ZAPPA
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 1357 Old 05-10-2012, 05:04 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Confirmed price for Canada is 10k

Dealer in West Vancouver BC "Yana" is getting stock this month (May 2012)
post #3 of 1357 Old 05-10-2012, 05:13 PM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 12
Wow! A bit high for my wallet... At that price they should have included local dimming.

This month you say?
post #4 of 1357 Old 05-11-2012, 10:04 AM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 20
I want one!!!!!

The LC-90LE745U is part of our AQUOS LED TV a high performance line that off ers 3D capability. Sharp's proprietary AQUOS LED system comprised of the X-Gen LCD panel and UltraBrilliant LEDs, with an enhanced Active Contrast algorithm, enables an incredible dynamic contrast ratio of 8,000,000:1 and the Spacious 3D Sound completes the 3D experience.
The LC-90LE745U with brushed aluminum bezel features our 1080p 3D Full Array LED panel, delivering one of the most natural, vibrant pictures available. And with built-in Wi-Fi and our intuitive SmartCentral user interface,
you can access and download today's most popular apps or browse the Internet - all without disrupting what you're watching.
Features
Full HD 1080p (1920 x 1080) Resolution - with more than 8 million dots for the sharpest picture possible.
Optional 3D Glasses - with unique 3D-2D mode conversion button.
Built-in Wi-Fi - no additional hardware needed.
UltraBrilliant LED system - includes a unique doubledome
light amplifi er lens and multi-fl uorescents, enabling high brightness and color purity.
SmartCentral user interface - with access to Netfl ix, YouTube, Facebook, Twitter, and Internet browsing. (Netfl ix membership required for Netfl ix instant streaming. Membership and/or additional fees may apply.)
Full HD 1080p X-Gen LCD Panel - is designed with advanced pixel control to minimize light leakage and a wider aperture to let more light through, providing
the industry's highest contrast level.

Models LC-90LE745U
Basic Specifi cations
Screen Size Class 90 Class
(90 1/64 Diagonal)
Panel Type X-Gen LCD Panel
Backlight System Full Array
Audio System 10W + 10W +15W
Response Time 4ms
Features
Smart TV Yes with new user interface
Surround Sound Yes
Quattron quad pixel technology No
AQUOS Advantage Support Yes
Terminals : Inputs
HDMI® 4 (Version 1.4 capable)
HD Component 1
Composite Video 2
Audio Inputs (L/R) RCA X 2
RS-232C 1
PC 1
Ethernet Input 1
Power
Power Consumption AC (watts) 381 W
Power Source 120 V, 60 Hz
Weight & Dimensions : Dimensions
Dimensions (wxhxd)(mm) 2054 x 1211 x 116
Dimensions with Stand (wxhxd)(mm) 2054 x 1243 x 434
Weight & Dimensions : Weight
Product Weight (kgs) 64 kg
Weight with Stand (kgs) 68 kg
Additional Specifi cations
Cabinet Colour Black
Limited Warranty*3 1 year parts and labour from date of purchase
post #5 of 1357 Old 05-11-2012, 04:15 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 28 Post(s)
Liked: 36
So, once again a LED full-array backlight LCD HDTV that does not utilize its (un)arguably most important feature and benefit, namely full local-dimming...
What are these manufacturers thinking of ? Saving money by skipping implementation of expensive + "complicated" full local-dimming technology at the cost of higher brightness level / poorer black level, however offering the "benefit" of that extra slim + attractive panel ?
I would gladly trade that 1 1/2" in panel depth without local-dimming for a panel with a depth of 4" offering the technology, and i think most people familiar with its benefits would agree with me.
I've been reading test reports for years now on LCD screens and invariably they indicate that full local-dimming brings a level of brightness/contrast that's unsurpassed, with black levels measuring below 0.001 ft-L, the measurement floor of professional colorimeters !
It appears that the competition in XXX-large LCD HDTVs this Fall will be between this Sharp 90" and the LG 84" with 4K resolution, neither of which appear to have full local-dimming.
I guess like most knowledgeable videophiles i will just have to wait and bide my time until i can find what i want and meanwhile continue enjoying my rather small 70" diagonal high-gain screen "mated" with my Runco LED pj...
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Marcos
post #6 of 1357 Old 05-12-2012, 06:29 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 17 Post(s)
Liked: 64
That's a great find, about 22 yrs later never ever imagine we come a day when "big screen" is approaching 100" being that thin. In 1990 if you had a 35" square TV you were top dog on your block.

In a few years this 90" will be around 4k...prob 3k.
post #7 of 1357 Old 05-12-2012, 07:05 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by MCaugusto View Post

So, once again a LED full-array backlight LCD HDTV that does not utilize its (un)arguably most important feature and benefit, namely full local-dimming...
What are these manufacturers thinking of ? Saving money by skipping implementation of expensive + "complicated" full local-dimming technology at the cost of higher brightness level / poorer black level, however offering the "benefit" of that extra slim + attractive panel ?
I would gladly trade that 1 1/2" in panel depth without local-dimming for a panel with a depth of 4" offering the technology, and i think most people familiar with its benefits would agree with me.
I've been reading test reports for years now on LCD screens and invariably they indicate that full local-dimming brings a level of brightness/contrast that's unsurpassed, with black levels measuring below 0.001 ft-L, the measurement floor of professional colorimeters !
It appears that the competition in XXX-large LCD HDTVs this Fall will be between this Sharp 90" and the LG 84" with 4K resolution, neither of which appear to have full local-dimming.
I guess like most knowledgeable videophiles i will just have to wait and bide my time until i can find what i want and meanwhile continue enjoying my rather small 70" diagonal high-gain screen "mated" with my Runco LED pj...
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Marcos

I agree...
JSUL likes this.
post #8 of 1357 Old 05-12-2012, 07:31 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Liked: 753
Issues with getting the local dimming right is the reason ... They still have NOT got the issues with local dimming smoothed out on the Elites YET as well . So rather than put out models with a crippled local dimming (the 945 line is NOT going to be released also) , Sharp moves forward with a 90" panel .
Why not ? they can make them ,So why not release Displays that are larger panel than a 80" ? The 80" Displays are Very Nice I have one & I love it .

Quote:

Marcos

Mike

post #9 of 1357 Old 05-12-2012, 07:57 AM

These specifications seem to be mutually exclusive:

"Full HD 1080p (1920 x 1080) Resolution - with more than 8 million dots for the sharpest picture possible."

AND

"Quattron™ quad pixel technology No "

I wonder which it is?
post #10 of 1357 Old 05-12-2012, 08:16 AM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 27
Let the "guess the street price" games begin :-)
post #11 of 1357 Old 05-12-2012, 09:58 AM
Advanced Member

Liked: 13
Quote:
Originally Posted by hdtv4xmas View Post

These specifications seem to be mutually exclusive:

"Full HD 1080p (1920 x 1080) Resolution - with more than 8 million dots for the sharpest picture possible."

AND

"Quattron™ quad pixel technology No "

I wonder which it is?

I'm guessing it doesn't have Quattron. That's probably why it's 7XX instead of 8XX for latest 80" 844U.
post #12 of 1357 Old 05-12-2012, 10:15 AM
Advanced Member

Liked: 13
Quote:
Originally Posted by Suzook View Post

Let the "guess the street price" games begin :-)

My guess is $6500 - $7000. Good thing this doesn't fit in my entertainment center otherwise I may be wanting to upgrade.

When these displays reaches 120"+ with good pricing I'll have to see if I need to replace the front projector and my 134" image in my HT.
post #13 of 1357 Old 05-13-2012, 05:23 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 28 Post(s)
Liked: 36
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fastslappy View Post

Issues with getting the local dimming right is the reason ... They still have NOT got the issues with local dimming smoothed out on the Elites YET as well . So rather than put out models with a crippled local dimming (the 945 line is NOT going to be released also) , Sharp moves forward with a 90" panel .
Why not ? they can make them ,So why not release Displays that are larger panel than a 80" ? The 80" Displays are Very Nice I have one & I love it .

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Well, we all know what LED local-dimming means, that it has been around since Sony released its first implementation 3 years ago and that its main "problem" is that "halo" effect that might be visible due to the large size of LED zones illuminating much smaller white objects during expanded black scenes - starfields particularly.
Home Theater Magazine has been reporting on this issue since the magazine tested the first LCD HDTV with the technology about three years ago, a Sony model, and they found the tremendous increase in contrast ratio more than made up for its shortcomings, aka, "halos".
In fact, on their report on a newer LG model with local-dimming that has more LED zones than most others units, they found that "halos" were a non-issue, non-existent.
If the Sharp Elite implementation of LED local-dimming is "crippled" in any way it would be difficult to relate considering that the 60" Elite has reportedly 240 dimming zones and the 70" Elite has 336 zones.
About one year ago HT magazine tested a LED edge-lit model from Samsung offering variable dimming and they commented extensively on its effectiveness for that particular model, with its black level measuring close to 0.001 ft-L, comparable to models with local-dimming.
Before i purchase any of these new XXX-large LCD panels with LED backlighting but no local-dimming i will certainly try to read reputable test reports to get a handle on their native contrast ratio versus LED-dimmed contrast ratio, that's for sure...
post #14 of 1357 Old 05-13-2012, 06:40 AM
AVS Special Member

I have heard from a very good source street is 79xx
post #15 of 1357 Old 05-13-2012, 06:44 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

The current Elites do not have the pronounced halo effect &/or blooming due to the mentioned larger dimming areas. The Elites have had an issue with Pulsing in certain backgrounds , while sorta fixed by a  firmware upgrade, the problem still exists to a lessor degree & until that issue is resolved to Sharps satisfaction we are not going to see a new L/D model ..
The current 80" back lit full array Sharp's have a impressive black level now without local dimming & there is no reason that the 90" will not have the same level of black as the 80"er's do.

Mike

post #16 of 1357 Old 05-13-2012, 06:45 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by fastslappy View Post

the current elites do not have the pronounced halo effect &/or blooming due to the mentioned larger dimming areas. The elites have had an issue with pulsing in certain backgrounds , while sorta fixed by a firmware firmware the problem still exists to a lessor degree & until that issue is resolved to sharps satisfaction we are not going to see a new l/d model ..
The current 80" back lit full array sharp's have a impressive black level now without local dimming & there is no reason that the 90" will not have the same level of black as the 80"er's do.

+1
post #17 of 1357 Old 05-13-2012, 09:41 AM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Liked: 18
Quote:

I have heard from a very good source street is 79xx

Still too high. $3,500 difference from the 80" street price for 10 more inches? No thanks.
post #18 of 1357 Old 05-13-2012, 09:43 AM
AVS Special Member

nobody said being the biggest was cheap
post #19 of 1357 Old 05-13-2012, 10:02 AM
AVS Club Gold

Quoted: 8 Post(s)
Liked: 59
Putting it in the 7 series allows them to release an 8 or 9 series (or Elite) with local dimming for even more money

Stuck up, half witted, scruffy looking, nerf herder.
Double True!
post #20 of 1357 Old 05-13-2012, 12:59 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Liked: 18
Quote:

nobody said being the biggest was cheap

Yeah I was hoping they would be more reasonable. I was waiting for the 90" and hoping the MSRP would be $7,9xx with a street price 20% - 25% off of that. That I would consider.
post #21 of 1357 Old 05-13-2012, 05:40 PM
AVS Special Member

Yep, that msrp is a bit high but 90" would be reeally nice in my HT room down there in the basement... Looking forward to see one live!
post #22 of 1357 Old 05-13-2012, 08:49 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 7 Post(s)
10 more inches, twice the price?
post #23 of 1357 Old 05-13-2012, 08:53 PM
AVS Special Member

well if its limited quantities as stated then most of us wont be getting this monster because its likely to stay at the higher price. Of course if they start getting yield, pumping them out etc etc. who knows maybe 6k by the new year?

remember $100 an inch as the rule..... my first 42 inch plasma in 2001 cost me 7 grand

its all relative
post #24 of 1357 Old 05-14-2012, 09:21 AM
AVS Special Member

Went to a store today where a friend of mine works and they told me that the 90" was available NOW for 10k can. and that I could order one if I wanted to. I want to see it first and I won't pay 10k for it + an eventual 80" elite next year is another interesting prospect. So the waiting game continues...
According to some info they got from their Sharp representative it seems there are only 200 units available for north america in the first batch.
post #25 of 1357 Old 05-14-2012, 09:22 AM
AVS Special Member

post #26 of 1357 Old 05-14-2012, 09:23 AM
AVS Special Member

looks like we know what people will be mounting it with

http://www.peerlessmounts.com/dyn/Pr...7/u/t/av/15403
post #27 of 1357 Old 05-14-2012, 09:45 AM

Quoted: 15 Post(s)
Liked: 20
Unless this thing has a picture that starts to rival an Elite X5FD, ya really gotta think twice about saving $5k+ on the Mitsubishi 92" DLP. Heck, you could get the DLP AND a 60X5FD and have money left over.

I'd love to have one (I sit about 15' from my set) but at that kind of money, its just not worth it.
post #28 of 1357 Old 05-14-2012, 10:10 AM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 46
Quote:

Marcos

Although the lack of local dimming is dissapointing something needs clarifying.

It's the full backlighting vs edge lit that adds thickness, not local vs non-local dimming backlit.

Steve S.
post #29 of 1357 Old 05-14-2012, 10:44 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

with a limited supply of these Displays ,the price is Gonna Be High ! This is early adopter,money is no object stuff .....
these get ramped up & production kicks in then the prices drop & then more models will appear . Sounds like Sharp is just slipping it's toes into the water on this display to see how it is received by the Early Adopter Crowd ....

Remember this happened with the 632 80" when that display 1st showed up it was sold @ over the MSRP ...............

That display is Great Success !
best Part about a 90"er is what It does for the 80"ers drives them prices lower to a degree & the fact that a 80" Elite OR a 945 80" will **EDIT**(MIGHT)**EDIT**show up this coming fall football season

OR **** !Shocker! ****a 90" Elite !!!!!!!!!!!!!

Mike

post #30 of 1357 Old 05-14-2012, 01:08 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 7 Post(s)
I honestly dont recall the 80 inch being sold above msrp. I talked to a member here in canada who bought one of the first, and paid under msrp for it.
Reply LCD Flat Panel Displays

Tags
Sharp , Displays , Sharp Aquos Lc52le640u Led Hdtv , Led Hdtv , Sharp 90 Inch 3d Led Hdtv Lc 90le745u
Gear in this thread

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page