tv with headphone jack - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 6 Old 04-28-2012, 07:56 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 40 Post(s)
Liked: 132
I know this has been asked before, but maybe some new tv has come out. For various reasons, I need a tv with a headphone jack. I want a 46"-50" tv and cant find one.

Anyone know of any new ones that have one? Any type of tv, LED, LCD, Plasma, etc. Dont need 3D or wifi.

If not, can I just hook up a receiver without a surround sound system, that is, just have the sound go thru the receiver with an HDMI cable then to the tv but only use the tv's sound, thereby giving me the option of using the headphone jack on the receiver.

Thanks for any help guys.

never take life seriously
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 Old 04-28-2012, 09:42 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 17 Post(s)
Liked: 16
Quote:
Originally Posted by yankeeman View Post

If not, can I just hook up a receiver without a surround sound system, that is, just have the sound go thru the receiver with an HDMI cable then to the tv but only use the tv's sound, thereby giving me the option of using the headphone jack on the receiver.

Uh? whaaat? que?

Whatever you are trying to conjure up, I say there is a faulty logic somewhere in there. HDMI on the TV are all INPUTS.

Yup more and more TVs are coming without analog out jacks BUT, they should have a digital audio out, so as long as your receiver has (last 10 years receivers would) digital audio ins, ur all set.

Solution: FREE. Explanation: I will have to charge$ you.

post #3 of 6 Old 04-28-2012, 02:16 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 19
Usually only small <24" sets have a headphone jack that has volume control.
Larger sets that have an analog audio output are line level output with no volume control and aren't loud enough connected directly to earphones.
However there are relatively low cost headphone amplifiers that can connect to an analog line level output to drive earphones with manual volume control on the amplifier.
post #4 of 6 Old 04-28-2012, 02:31 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 89 Post(s)
Liked: 198
Quote:
Originally Posted by yankeeman View Post

I know this has been asked before, but maybe some new tv has come out. For various reasons, I need a tv with a headphone jack. I want a 46"-50" tv and cant find one.

Anyone know of any new ones that have one? Any type of tv, LED, LCD, Plasma, etc. Dont need 3D or wifi.

Thanks for any help guys.

the lg lk450 and lk520 series have one

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #5 of 6 Old 04-28-2012, 03:27 PM

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked: 10
pn51e590 samsung Plasma UN50EH6000 Samsung lcd
post #6 of 6 Old 04-29-2012, 12:41 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 46
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrBobb View Post

Uh? whaaat? que?

Whatever you are trying to conjure up, I say there is a faulty logic somewhere in there. HDMI on the TV are all INPUTS.

Yup more and more TVs are coming without analog out jacks BUT, they should have a digital audio out, so as long as your receiver has (last 10 years receivers would) digital audio ins, ur all set.

What the OP is talking about is running HDMI from source devices to AV receiver, then to the tv, and using the AV receiver's headphone jack. This will work, I've done it myself.

Steve S.
Reply LCD Flat Panel Displays

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page