Samsung LCD screen fit setting problem - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 7 Old 05-04-2012, 05:19 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Hey Guys,

I posted this topic in the General & Tech board, but haven't gotten any responses in 4 days so thought I might have better luck here. I've searched the forums and have not been able to find an answer to my problem. I have a Samsung LCD LN32B640 with a Comcast cable box (non DVR) hooked in through the HDMI 1 port. The problem I am having is that despite having the tv set to "screen fit", when I watch channels such as ESPN, the ticker and side topic bar on Sportscenter are extended past the screen. Essentially, the screen size is about 10% too big for my tv. The odd part about this is that it never was a problem for the first few years of having the tv. Then a few months back I made a few picture setting adjustments to color and the like (copied some settings I found on AVS that I liked) and ever since then this oversized picture has been frustrating me to no end. FWIW - I saw on another thread that cable box user settings can sometimes cause these problems. I went into this menu and my 4:3 override is set to 480i - I toggled this setting and nothing fixed the problem. Also worth noting that I only watch HD channels on this tv.

If anyone has any ideas how I can fix this I would be greatly appreciative.

Thanks,

Mitch
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 Old 05-04-2012, 06:39 AM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 11
Have you unplugged the box and the tv for 10 minutes and rebooted both? I have the B650 and a FIOS motorola box and keep the SD to off, not that I think that would make a difference for HD.

After the reboot check to be sure the box is set right for HDMI out 16:9, 1080i.
post #3 of 7 Old 05-04-2012, 01:35 PM - Thread Starter

Mes - thanks for your response. I did try that process today and it didn't fix my problem. I checked the cable box settings and they were at 16:9 and 1080i. It just seems so strange that this started after I adjusted some picture settings - I wouldn't think the tv is broken.
post #4 of 7 Old 05-04-2012, 04:06 PM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 11
I guess you could try putting whatever you adjusted back to your old settings, if you remember them. And instead of setting the tv to screen fit, try setting the tv to 16:9.
post #5 of 7 Old 05-04-2012, 08:38 PM

Liked: 12
My dish network remote has a couple of buttons that stretch out a picture, not sure if your remote has the same? Maybe it's that simple.
post #6 of 7 Old 05-05-2012, 08:05 AM

Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked: 27
Quote:
Originally Posted by theanew View Post

My dish network remote has a couple of buttons that stretch out a picture, not sure if your remote has the same? Maybe it's that simple.

Try the # button this work with some SA converter boxes.
post #7 of 7 Old 05-09-2012, 05:14 PM - Thread Starter

Amazingly it was that simple. I finally scoured each button on my Comcast cable remote and found one that was called HD Zoom. Somehow that must've been hit at some point and threw the picture off. Thanks!
Reply LCD Flat Panel Displays

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page