32" HDTV with weird criteria. - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

Old 05-05-2012, 10:26 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Looking to buy a 32" LCD for a family member with some stupid requirements. I was looking at a cheaper samsung 720P a couple months ago but the only person I know with a truck bailed on me and now they have moved in new models.

I need a TV with the following:

1) The absolute width of the TV (INCLUDING bezel) must fit within a 37 1/2" foot print (this exludes 99.9% of 37" TV's AFAIK)

2) 720P or 1080p (this won't matter for a 32" TV right? viewing distance is around 12 feet)

3) USB media port that plays MP3, JPG, AVI,MKV,MPEG4; 2~ HDMI

4) preferably $350-550 (if higher, then I would like DNLA and integ. wifi)

5) good integrated speakers, excellent overall picture quality including motion

6) something that will work good with a Shaw HDPVR

7) buyable in Vancouver,BC from a box retailer preferbly

8) "good" viewing angles

9) "ok" standard definition viewing

10) good build quality

11) any other bonus features are welcome (I do kinda want a smart TV)

I am currently looking at these 2 TV's but there is literally 0 reviews and I can only find them in a few select places:

Samsung UN32EH5300 $550
Samsung UN32EH5300FXZC $650 (this one is like $100 more expensive but I can't for the life of me find out what features I gain)

Can these 2 above displays use a wireless tablet (say galaxy tab 10.1) as a touch keyboard? or are you forced to navigate with a non QWERTY analog remote?

Do I need a special router(currently using a Linksys 54GL w/ DDWRT .24) to use the built in wireless connectivity?

Can I designate folders on the PC with MKV / AVI files and stream them wireless to the TV?

I have a week to get this decided before I lose my opportunity and wait another year to replace this 27" Zenith CRT, have pity on me

Thanks.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-06-2012, 06:46 PM - Thread Starter

Bump need some info before this Friday or I lose my ride again for another year.

-32" tv
-good quality
-preferably with a USB port that plays H264/Avi/MKV (not needed if I can get a better looking TV -- just a bonus)

Budget: $300-650 before tax

Seating Distance: 9-12 feet

Size/placement limitations: Has to fit in a cabinet with about 36" width

Uses and sources: Going to be watching HDTV / PVR on it, maybe the ocassional DVD -- would prefer something with DNLA or other smart TV features so I can stream things from a PC upstairs on the same router -- but this is not needed if I can get a good quality display to watch HDTV on. At least 2 HDMI would be nice.

Room lighting: I don't watch TV in the dark I always have lights on, display cabinet IS angled so that sunlight hits it during mid day if it matters.
Old 05-06-2012, 07:24 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 63 Post(s)
Liked: 32
U don't need a truck for a 32" REALLY? None of the seats fold down? or ur current transportation is s two-wheeler?
Old 05-06-2012, 08:13 PM - Thread Starter

I drive a small sub-compact that can barely fit me and groceries never mind a TV. Recently moved rather rural so getting friends to drive out is a crapshoot.
Old 05-06-2012, 08:57 PM

Would it not make more sense to have the "big box retailer" deliver the set to you or whomever it is intended for?
Old 05-06-2012, 11:26 PM

You could also look into renting a small truck or even a large sedan for the day if need be. Not that expensive.
As for a TV, Panasonic makes 37" sets that are less than 36" wide...

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/Panasoni...&skuId=2125215
Old 05-07-2012, 12:01 AM - Thread Starter

Thanks

The only 37" sold around my area is the panasonic TCL37E5 problem is there are literally no reviews so I just forgot about them. Looks like it would fit from the website but buying a TV blind doesn't seem like a good idea. I live in Canada and from I can see there just isn't many 37" Tvs on the market anymore either.

Anyone know if its good or a stinker?