post #271 of 428 Old 02-28-2013, 07:41 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 27
Quote:
Originally Posted by BumbleBee08 View Post

Hi unarmdragon,

There is nothing you can do about dead pixels. Some people have mentioned tricks, but none of them have ever worked. You'll only make the screen worse. Are you sure amazon will not return the set? They are very good regarding returns.

tru dat... i think he cant exchange they are out of stock..but he should be able to return it within 30 days no questions asked.....
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #272 of 428 Old 02-28-2013, 07:50 AM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Quote:

Hi limitz,

There are several 7500 series posters that headed to that 8000 series thread due to the lack of posts/information here.

The 8000 series thread has a lot of details regarding calibrations and functionality. Some of them have done their own calibrations and they have provided a spreadsheet that includes each of their settings for everyone to view.

They are very helpful over there and I’m sure they won’t mind answering your questions on recommendations of what meters and software you need to do your own calibrations.

I agree that we need to have a unified settings spreadsheet similar to the one that was developed for the 8000 series thread.

I have posted my settings below (tweaked CNET settings/work in progress). I’m hoping DancingBear will post his settings, as I am familiar with D-Nice and his work in the past.

Picture: Movie
Backlight: 9
Contrast: 100
Brightness: 45
Sharpness: 10
Color: 50
Tint: G50/R50

Screen adjustment submenu:
Picture Size: Screen Fit
Position: [no change]
3D: [no change]
Advanced settings submenu:
Dynamic contrast: Off
Black tone: Off
Flesh tone: 0
RGB Only Mode: Off
Color space: Custom
White Balance: [see below]
10p White Balance: On
Gamma: -1
Expert Pattern: Off
xvYCC: Off
Motion Lighting: Off [grayed out]
Black Enhancer: Off

Color Space submenu:
Color Space: Custom
Red: Red 50, Green 0, Blue 0
Green: Red 4, Green 48, Blue 4
Blue: Red 2, Green 6, Blue 46
Yellow: Red 52, Green 50, Blue 4
Cyan: Red 0, Green 50, Blue 51
Magenta: Red 40, Green 6, Blue 44

White balance submenu:
R-Offset: 26
G-Offset: 26
B-Offset: 23
R-Gain: 25
G-Gain: 26
B-Gain: 27

10p White Balance submenu:
Interval 1: Red 0, Green +1, Blue +1
Interval 2: Red 0, Green 0, Blue +1
Interval 3: Red +2, Green +1, Blue +1
Interval 4: Red +2, Green +1, Blue +1
Interval 5: Red +1, Green +1, Blue +1
Interval 6: Red +2, Green +3, Blue +3
Interval 7: Red +1, Green +1, Blue +2
Interval 8: Red +1, Green +1, Blue +3
Interval 9: Red 0, Green 0, Blue +3
Interval 10: Red 0, Green 0, Blue +3

Picture options submenu
Color tone: Warm2
Digital Noise Filter: Off
MPEG Noise Filter: Off
HDMI black level: Normal [grayed out]
Film mode: Auto 1
Auto Motion Plus: Clear
LED Motion Plus: On
Thanks I will test using those settings smile.gif
post #273 of 428 Old 02-28-2013, 09:43 AM

Liked: 10
FYI, the 40" version of the 7500 is on sale for $699 + $5 shipping at Woot! today only. This model (UN40ES7500) is just a smaller size than what has normally been offered in the North American market.

http://www.woot.com/offers/samsung-40-1080p-3d-led-smart-tv
post #274 of 428 Old 02-28-2013, 10:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BMWBig6 View Post

FYI, the 40" version of the 7500 is on sale for $699 + $5 shipping at Woot! today only. This model (UN40ES7500) is just a smaller size than what has normally been offered in the North American market.

http://www.woot.com/offers/samsung-40-1080p-3d-led-smart-tv

what the heck? This is the 1st I am hearing of the 40" ES7500 Model..... where are u from? where is this in the world? it cant be in the USA..... I'm interested....
post #275 of 428 Old 02-28-2013, 11:17 AM

Quote:

Hi unarmdragon,

There is nothing you can do about dead pixels. Some people have mentioned tricks, but none of them have ever worked. You'll only make the screen worse. Are you sure amazon will not return the set? They are very good regarding returns.

i can return, but i wanted to exchange and they're out of stock.
Quote:
Originally Posted by EndeaverouX View Post

dude just get your money back. before the 30 day return window close....seriously...

.u get them cheaper now, but u ran this risk...the gamble did not pay off....

there are dead pixels policy on these tvs...its not like you can just replace the mother board in the tv....a service tech won't due jack for dead pixels....get your money back ASAP.... you will regret if if you keep and get stuck with the dead pixels....there is no fixel for that....

fi I were you, RETURN IT TO AMAZON...at least you will get a full refund...... wink.gif

i might hold unto a bit longer to see if they come back in stock. i returned a plasma already and if i return this too, that'll be two tvs in one month. don't want my account to be flagged.
post #276 of 428 Old 02-28-2013, 11:34 AM

Quote:

what the heck? This is the 1st I am hearing of the 40" ES7500 Model..... where are u from? where is this in the world? it cant be in the USA..... I'm interested....

I'm in the US! The 40" model is offered elsewhere in the world, just not in the U.S. (until now).
post #277 of 428 Old 02-28-2013, 12:35 PM

Quote:

Woot! is based here in Plano (suburb of Dallas, TX). The TV is $705 shipped. I'm on the verge of pulling the trigger since we've been looking for a 40-42 for the study......
post #278 of 428 Old 02-28-2013, 01:07 PM

$705 is a fair deal (for last year's model), right?
post #279 of 428 Old 02-28-2013, 01:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by unarmdragon View Post

i might hold unto a bit longer to see if they come back in stock. i returned a plasma already and if i return this too, that'll be two tvs in one month. don't want my account to be flagged.

dude its your money and your dead pixels....good luck brother....
post #280 of 428 Old 02-28-2013, 02:03 PM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 42
Quote:

I returned seven tvs to BB within a month and was finally given the 90 day exchange/return ban after the 7th time. You really have to abuse it to get flagged. The manager gave me $100 gift card as an apology to the ban. Even if you are banned, you can still make returns or exchanges as long as someone with a valid drivers license accompanies you for the return. Even with Amazon, it takes a hell of a lot to get banned.

So... Don't keep the tv in fear of being flagged.
post #281 of 428 Old 02-28-2013, 02:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmay91472 View Post

I returned seven tvs to BB within a month and was finally given the 90 day exchange/return ban after the 7th time. You really have to abuse it to get flagged. The manager gave me $100 gift card as an apology to the ban. Even if you are banned, you can still make returns or exchanges as long as someone with a valid drivers license accompanies you for the return. Even with Amazon, it takes a hell of a lot to get banned.

So... Don't keep the tv in fear of being flagged.

i hate best buy...they used to be great...but they are getting bad....no wonder they are in the verge of going outta business....

amazon is where its at... they are by far best customer service and return policy....

7x really? wow... u think after the second time you would've learned your lesson....lol....j/k... wink.gif
post #282 of 428 Old 02-28-2013, 02:40 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

i hate best buy...they used to be great...but they are getting bad....no wonder they are in the verge of going outta business....

7x really? wow... u think after the second time you would've learned your lesson....lol....j/k... wink.gif

I know, that is what my wife kept saying after the 4th.., "shouldnt you get something other then a Samsung? the definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over and over and expecting a different result" as she sarcastically said to me. It was a combination of bad luck and crappy Samsung quality control. Seven ES8000s, 4 with dead pixels, one banding monster, two with 3D mode dead on arrival. I kept thinking I was going to be told no more exchanges yet they didn't say anything until the last one. Funny thing is with the panel lottery, I then ordered a 65HX950 from Amazon and on the first one, no dead pixels, no DSE, no noticeable vertical banding.
post #283 of 428 Old 03-01-2013, 02:34 AM

Liked: 12
Hi unarmdragon,

You will not have a problem or be red flagged with Amazon. You need to return the set before it's too late. They will give you a full refund if it's out of stock.
post #284 of 428 Old 03-01-2013, 06:25 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

Hi unarmdragon,

You will not have a problem or be red flagged with Amazon. You need to return the set before it's too late. They will give you a full refund if it's out of stock.

+1

Amazon is very easy to work with in regards to exchanges and returns with tvs. If you bought directly through Amazon, they will drop off the new one when picking up the old one. if bought through a fulfilled by Amazon vendor, you will need to return first then reorder. If there is any doubt in your mind about exchanging/returning, do it so you won't have regrets.
post #285 of 428 Old 03-01-2013, 04:04 PM

Can anyone tell me if the 7500's 802.11n Wi-Fi antenna works with 5 GHz networks too? Or only 2.4 GHz (or both)?
post #286 of 428 Old 03-02-2013, 03:15 PM

I recently purchased a SAMSUNG 55ES7500, I am adding it to my XFINITY RNG-200N set top box, and a YAMAHA RX-A820 av receiver. I have gone from the xfinity set top box to the hdmi 3 input on the YAMAHA RX-A820(I have a digital optical (TOSLINK) from the XFINITY box to the audio 3 in on the receiver), from the av receiver I have gone to the hdmi2 in on the SAMSUNG 55ES7500 with a hdmi 1.4 hi speed cable. I also have a Samsung BD-C6900 BLUERAY PLAYER hooked up to the av receiever input hdmi 1 in. I'm pretty sure I am using the ARC input on the tv(hdmi2 in) and the receiver ARC(hdmi1 out). I have all the settings on the tv and receiver set properly HDMI CONTROL, PASS THROUGH, ARC on, but I'm having some performance problems.

When I try to use the tv smart hub, NETFLEX, VUDU, & HULU PLUS I'm having audio problems, at first I thought it was my cable hook up input and output, but after lengthy testing I've come to the conclusion that very few movies on the above three mentioned video rental through smart hub are always true dolby digital, in fact almost exclusively pcm other than the ones from VUDUHD that are in HDX format and they are TRUEDOLBY HT.

One of my other audio problems is when I turn the system own it shows video properly and audio hdmi 3 correct, per cabling, but then it keeps reverting to AV4 with no sound at all. I can correct the audio problem by pushing the hdmi 3 button or just pushing the display info button on the remote and it switches back to hdmi 3 with proper audio.

Every once in awhile when I turn the system own I get this message about 'YOUR DISPLAY IS NOT AUTHORIZED TO RECEIVE HIGH VALUE HD CONTENT OVER THE DIGITAL LINK.. PLEASE USE THE YPBPR OUTPUTS FOR YOUR HD CONNECTION" I think this is a HDCP hdmi hand shake problem, I turn it off and back on and it corrects itself and this has only happened a couple of times.

Anyone else feel like explaining there hook up and any thoughts or suggestions on mine. Seems like I have my set up almost perfect, but just a couple of quirks, which I think can be worked out. I've been watching this forum for awhile concerning the 55ES7500 owners page and have picked up a lot of knowledge, thanks to all. I have also have been watching the rx-a820 owners forum also, an will be posting this similar post there.
post #287 of 428 Old 03-02-2013, 06:32 PM

do yourself a favor and go get hdmi redmere cables at monoprice eek.gif

best cables i have used.

BTW don't fall for Monster Crap (I was once a Monster "Junkie")

-Why all HDMI cables are the same-
post #288 of 428 Old 03-02-2013, 08:18 PM

so something weird is going on with my dead pixels. i'm assuming it's dead pixels because it stays black on every color screen. there was 3 lumped together near the center yesterday. i turned it on just right now, and 2 of them still lumped together moved to near bottom center of the screen,1 became a hot pixel and moved toward the left side. how is that even possible? i thought dead pixels stays at the same spot.
post #289 of 428 Old 03-04-2013, 08:14 AM

Quote:

so something weird is going on with my dead pixels. i'm assuming it's dead pixels because it stays black on every color screen. there was 3 lumped together near the center yesterday. i turned it on just right now, and 2 of them still lumped together moved to near bottom center of the screen,1 became a hot pixel and moved toward the left side. how is that even possible? i thought dead pixels stays at the same spot.

dude. we all told you there is nothing any of us can do bro.... dead pixels, moving pixels, erratic pixels is an internal panel problem....

why are you punishing yourself....just return the darn tv back to amazon and get your money back....

you are in denial man....even a qualified samsung rep tech will tell you to get the tv replaced...you CANNOT fix pixel issues..... just accept it and deal with it...\

the best solution is for you to return back to amazon....Im sorry for your issues...but dont procrastinate and just retun it....

eek.gif
orijin and eric3316 like this.
post #290 of 428 Old 03-04-2013, 01:27 PM

Quote:

dude. we all told you there is nothing any of us can do bro.... dead pixels, moving pixels, erratic pixels is an internal panel problem....

why are you punishing yourself....just return the darn tv back to amazon and get your money back....

you are in denial man....even a qualified samsung rep tech will tell you to get the tv replaced...you CANNOT fix pixel issues..... just accept it and deal with it...\

the best solution is for you to return back to amazon....Im sorry for your issues...but dont procrastinate and just retun it....

eek.gif

i really don't understand what you responses are for. i'm not asking for a damn fix. all you keep saying is to return return return. i want to know why a dead pixel is moving around. dead pixels = dead. they don't stay at one spot for a couple of days, then move on to another spot and stay there for a couple of days. my issue is not a moving pixel issue also.
post #291 of 428 Old 03-04-2013, 01:37 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

Sounds like instead of dead pixels, you have cluster of stuck pixels that just so happen to be stuck on black. They are then unsticking themselves and then a new cluster of pixels are becoming stuck on black again. It doesn't happen too often but what you describe I've seen others post in other forums before. Etiher way, it's a sign of pixel failure and will only get worse over time.
post #292 of 428 Old 03-04-2013, 01:40 PM

Quote:

i really don't understand what you responses are for. i'm not asking for a damn fix. all you keep saying is to return return return. i want to know why a dead pixel is moving around. dead pixels = dead. they don't stay at one spot for a couple of days, then move on to another spot and stay there for a couple of days. my issue is not a moving pixel issue also.

call samsung....you are entitled an answer....you paid for the tv...why are they moving around? who the hell knows bro...but you sure can't fix it on your own.....

we are trying to help you brother....unless you are trying to do a thesis on dead moving pixels for a PH.D degree I dont even see the point of what you are trying to accoplish....

"I see DEAD Pixels" tongue.gif
eric3316 likes this.
post #293 of 428 Old 03-04-2013, 02:02 PM

-samsung mislabeled? - thread-

Hey,

Have any of you heard of Samsung incorrectly labeling the 'HDMI Black Level' setting of "Normal" and "Low" in reverse within the TV's Menu System?

I have read a short list of posts that mention it, and Samsung has not corrected the issue thus far, even after their QA Department insisted it be corrected.

From what I have read and understand is that with correct labeling, "Normal" is supposed to be RGB Full 0-255 and "Low" RGB Limited 16-235.
If it were incorrectly reversed, then "Normal" is actually RGB Limited 16-235 and "Low" is actually RGB Full 0-255.

The main reason I went to do research on how the HDMI Black Level setting works is because, I have a PC that is equipped with an Nvidia GTX 580 supposedly outputting RGB Full 0-255 via DVI > HDMI Redmere > HDMI1/DVI - named "DVI Devices" mode <~ Allows HDMI Black Levels to become adjustable and accepts sound input at the Audio-In (DVI) input. So, I have been stuck on which of the HDMI Black Level settings I should use for viewing my PC desktop.

HDMI Black Level >PC Desktop:
"Normal" - The entire screen gets washed out/greyed out. The black colors no longer have depth to them; it's just washed out to grey. I do not see any greater details in darker areas.
"Low" - The entire screen looks more vibrant, alive, has depth. The blacks are darker, I can see shades of grey detailed in the darker areas. I don't seem to notice "Black Crushing" going on, since I still can see details in darker areas.

Basically, to me, "Normal" just looks unacceptable whether it be viewing the desktop or watching a movie set to output either 0-255 and 16-235 color space. There is a slight grey layer of color throughout the screen. Hence "Washed Out" look.

What are your guys experiences with this setting?? Especially when you use your HTPC/PC?

P.s. I have calibrated the source using AVS HD 709 on DVD

-samsung mislabeled? - thread-
post #294 of 428 Old 03-04-2013, 02:13 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quoted: 646 Post(s)
Liked: 851
Quote:

call samsung....you are entitled an answer....you paid for the tv...why are they moving around? who the hell knows bro...but you sure can't fix it on your own.....

we are trying to help you brother....unless you are trying to do a thesis on dead moving pixels for a PH.D degree I dont even see the point of what you are trying to accoplish....

"I see DEAD Pixels" tongue.gif
lol....
post #295 of 428 Old 03-04-2013, 03:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmay91472 View Post

Sounds like instead of dead pixels, you have cluster of stuck pixels that just so happen to be stuck on black. They are then unsticking themselves and then a new cluster of pixels are becoming stuck on black again. It doesn't happen too often but what you describe I've seen others post in other forums before. Etiher way, it's a sign of pixel failure and will only get worse over time.

thanks for an actual answer. haven't seen this or heard of this before. couldn't even find something related to this on google.
post #296 of 428 Old 03-05-2013, 07:23 AM

Quote:

thanks for an actual answer. haven't seen this or heard of this before. couldn't even find something related to this on google.

so what are you gonna do? what's the verdict on the dead pixels?
post #297 of 428 Old 03-07-2013, 04:50 AM

Quote:

Can anyone tell me if the 7500's 802.11n Wi-Fi antenna works with 5 GHz networks too? Or only 2.4 GHz (or both)?

I'm still unable to see my 5GHz network, just the 2.4GHz one. But I prefer to use the 5GHz network for the "video network" mode that optimizes HD streaming. Can the 7500 series work with dual band routers on the 5GHz band too?
post #298 of 428 Old 03-07-2013, 06:44 AM

Quote:

I'm still unable to see my 5GHz network, just the 2.4GHz one. But I prefer to use the 5GHz network for the "video network" mode that optimizes HD streaming. Can the 7500 series work with dual band routers on the 5GHz band too?

pretty certain just 2.4ghz only.
post #299 of 428 Old 03-07-2013, 07:45 AM

Liked: 13
Mine is set up on the 5ghz frequency.
post #300 of 428 Old 03-07-2013, 08:13 AM

Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by limitz View Post

pretty certain just 2.4ghz only.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fudsak View Post

Mine is set up on the 5ghz frequency.

these tv's only have a 2.4ghz wifi reciever in them... not a dual one.... I dont care if your router is dual band, if your devices dont have a dual band wireless receivers it's useless...

Besides, nothing beats connecting your tv via ethernet..you cant go wrong with that and it will be the most safe, secure, fastest and relieable connection you will get.

I have it connected via ethernet cat6 to my gigabit router...connected to the lastest docsis 3.0 cable modem....
BMWBig6 likes this.
Reply LCD Flat Panel Displays

Tags
Samsung Un60es7500 60 Inch 3d Slim Led Hdtv , Samsung Un65es8000 Led Hdtv , Disney Wow World Of Wonder Blu Ray , Avatar 3d Blu Ray Collectors Edition
Gear in this thread - Disney by PriceGrabber.com

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page