Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Phoenix, Arizona
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 36 Post(s)
Just installed a 60" 7500, replacing a 60" 6350. Initial impressions are as follows:
* First, connections: To use SmartHub for Apps, etc AND Satellite/Cable Box (all appear in SmartHub), it is necessary to connect the Sat/Cable Out to HDMI 1 and AVR HDMI Out (preferably ARC) to HDMI 3 (ARC) on back of TV. There is NO way around this if you want to use SmartHub as central point for all your video.
* Blacks are better than 6350, deeper and more evident.
* Off-center fade is still there but not as bad as 6350. I have concluded that its a fact of life with this technology.
* Its only been a few hours but so far, all other colors, brightness, etc are identical.
* The remote is weird. Its smaller and has a touch pad. Its a pain to install/change batteries. You can read about it online but my experience is that once you get used to it, the touch pad actually allows faster navigation.
I'll post updates to this as I learn/experience more...
Panasonic 2013 55VT60
Marantz SR-5005 AVR
B&W 805 Speakers
Velodyne 15" Sub
TiVO Roamo OTA