Official Samsung UNxxES7500 thread - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 426 Old 05-09-2012, 07:45 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 12
I have had this set for a couple weeks now and I have to say its a very great looking TV.
The PQ is superb and the 3D is outstanding.
The only thing is the Samsung apps are kinda lousy.
Would like to hear others experiences..
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 426 Old 05-11-2012, 11:44 AM

Liked: 10
I have this set too! It has a great picture. I calibrated it using SypderTV HD. The voice commands and hand gesturesso far are useless to me. You need bright lighting for the visual commands and I use a cable box so the voice commands are a waist. I still think that this is a great TV and it is future upgradable. It is also true 1080p 3D unlike some of the lower end models. Not sure how the dula processor is going to help since I am not using all of the Samrt features. Sometimes I think I should have bought the next model down to save some money but I did use the extended warranty on my old TV that gave me a $1199 credit toward this TV.
post #3 of 426 Old 05-11-2012, 12:17 PM - Thread Starter

I agree with the Gesture control, it doesn' work well at all. However the simple hello TV power on/off and source works great for me. I can't seem to get Pandora to play but vudu and youtube stream perfect.
post #4 of 426 Old 05-14-2012, 07:20 AM

ive had this set for almost 2 months now and it has been great. a little bit of clouding here and there but it does go away. other then that everything is working nicely. the hand gestures and voice rec. are pretty random when i try to use them. pq has been phenomenal! waiting to mount this on my new house wall.
post #5 of 426 Old 05-18-2012, 04:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lb750 View Post

I have this set too! It has a great picture. I calibrated it using SypderTV HD. The voice commands and hand gesturesso far are useless to me. You need bright lighting for the visual commands and I use a cable box so the voice commands are a waist. I still think that this is a great TV and it is future upgradable. It is also true 1080p 3D unlike some of the lower end models. Not sure how the dula processor is going to help since I am not using all of the Samrt features. Sometimes I think I should have bought the next model down to save some money but I did use the extended warranty on my old TV that gave me a $1199 credit toward this TV.

I was lucky and won a UN60ES7500 at a golf tournament raffle last week! . Absolutely love it. Tried the 3d and was blown away! I am a complete novice when it comes to calibrating a tv. Any chance you could share your settings? I found some in the ES8000 forum but am hesitant to use them on my ES7500.

Right now I'm using the tv just the way it came out of the box, so I'm sure it could look even better with proper adjustments. Thanks!!!
post #6 of 426 Old 05-18-2012, 09:39 PM - Thread Starter

^^^
Lucky you, winning the TV. Just mess around with the settings to your liking.
I do put the backlight down to 9 or else it gets blown out looking and sharpness to 30.
I just did the firmware update but don't notice any difference on the voice recognition.
post #7 of 426 Old 05-18-2012, 09:44 PM

Has anyone tried viewing SD content on their ES7500? I'm also curious about the quality of the Samsung tuner for picking up OTA signals.

Thanks
post #8 of 426 Old 05-19-2012, 10:18 AM

[quote=lb750;22012091]I have this set too! It has a great picture. I calibrated it using SypderTV HD.

What is your opinion of the SypderTV HD. Was it easy to calibrate and did it make a big difference in PQ when you compare before and after?
post #9 of 426 Old 05-19-2012, 11:09 AM - Thread Starter

That Spyder is interesting looking. I used the Disney WOW bluray disc and seemed to work well.
post #10 of 426 Old 05-19-2012, 11:42 AM

Here are the settings I got from SpyderTVHD.

Picture mode: Standard
Backlight: 10
Contrast: 98
Brightness: 49
Sharpness: 20
Color: 49
Tint: G47 R53
Color tone: Warm 2

The only setting that Spyder does not calibrate is sharpness. You can try these but you will probably have to tweak it to you liking. It will depend on the room you have the TV in and the lighting around the TV. I also use the same setting in movie mode, but the calibration has to be done in standard mode.

Big improvment over factory settings. I am sure that a professional calibration could get it better but I am OK with what I have. I also get to use Spyder on more than one TV, so the cost was worth it to me.
post #11 of 426 Old 05-20-2012, 12:31 PM

Here's a few pics of my set in action. Barely any light bleed. Backlight's at 9. You could see it in the dark but now it's hardly noticable! Amazing TV

Narnia:

Transformers 2:

White text on black screen test - no halos

post #12 of 426 Old 05-24-2012, 11:38 AM

Liked: 13
Would love to see actual 10p offsets and calibration settings for my new UN60ES7500. Have a few weeks before I can exchange it at Best Buy and need to dial this thing in. Read tons of threads but this TV appears too new for exact settings. I've seen a few for the ES8000, but it has a different "ultimate" micro dimmer making those settings semi questionable.

Also, is anyone getting the bleed in complete black scenes? I've seen threads and came across a link that said the bleed is a result of screws being tightened down too hard in production, which kinda makes sense, but you had to damn near take the entire thing apart to fix it, however i do not feel comfortable taking apart a TV to fix what Sammy should have done originally. I will post that link when AV forums lets me. I'm new.

I'm thinking of exchanging for the same TV in hopes i get one without the bleed, but its hard to say. Some people say the bleed goes away with a little use, some say they took it back. This thing is just amazing, but once you notice the bleed its like a cut at the top of your mouth that bugs the crap outta you and it's kinda hard to ignore. BUT once you have this TV for a few days, the WOW factor rubs off and you start critiquing every little flaw. I went through a bunch of TV's before i got this, and the fact i can get solid blacks and bright whites makes it a tough TV to take back. Had one of their plasmas, but got a screen burn in within 35days of use and had to beg Best Buy to take it back as Samsung told me tough luck! Samsung support blows! Make sure to buy an aftermarket warranty cause Samsung covers dick!

Any input is much appreciated.
post #13 of 426 Old 05-24-2012, 03:10 PM - Thread Starter

I dig mine. The smart features blow but PQ is great IMO. I have slight flash lighting on bottom middle but Don't notice it once the movie is going and that's with black bars.
Blacks seem to be dark on mine and don't bleed together.
post #14 of 426 Old 05-25-2012, 11:31 AM

Here are some settings which are pretty close for correct color value. It is for a ES8000, but it looks pretty sweet:
Picture Mode: Movie
Backlight: 13
Contrast: 79
Brightness: 56
Sharpness: 8
Color: 50
Tint (G/R): G50/R50

Advanced Settings:
Dynamic Contrast: Off
Black Tone: Off
Flesh Tone: 0
RGB Only Mode: Off

Color Space: Custom
Red: 48,0,0
Green: 0,50,8
Blue: 0, 6, 46
Yellow: 55, 49, 7
Cyan: 0, 53, 55
Magenta: 45, 7, 45

White Balance:
R-Offset: 21
G-Offset: 25
R-Offset: 30
R-Gain: 27
G-Gain: 25
B-Gain: 6

10p White Balance: On
Settings below shown as [Interval: R, G, B]
1: 3,0,-5
2: 3,1,0
3: 1,2,2
4: 2,1,2
5: 0,0,0
6: 1,0,-1
7: 1,0,-1
8: -1,0,-1
9: -1,0,0
10:-2,0,0

Gamma: 0
Expert Pattern Off:
xvYCC: Off
Black Enhancer: Off

PICTURE OPTIONS
Color tone: Warm2
Digital Noise Filter: Off
MPEG Noise Filter: Off
HDMI Black Level: Normal
Film Mode: Off
Motion Plus; Off
LED Motion Plus: Off
Tom1968 likes this.
post #15 of 426 Old 05-27-2012, 01:20 AM - Thread Starter

Just tried this out, see how it looks and report back.
post #16 of 426 Old 05-27-2012, 02:05 AM

Would you say that there are notable improvements with the 7500's 3D performance compared to last year's d8000 LED sets or are they more or less on a par? Also, do you find the browser is better on this year's models?
post #17 of 426 Old 05-27-2012, 10:23 AM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by theanew View Post

Just tried this out, see how it looks and report back.

Not feeling those settings. Colors are too muted for my taste and I actually like a light SOE on my Picture.
post #18 of 426 Old 05-28-2012, 06:03 AM

Agreed, and I should have clarified on the settings above. I found that whites are much better represented and that if you tweak to your liking with the settings above, i have found it as close to perfect for the time being. I still find the overall settings above to be a little soft, but after tweaking to my own preference, i have found the above to be pretty spot on for the 10p white balance and would urge you to try them again, but then really tweak on blacks and contrast, as the settings above to leave it semi-lack luster and lacking, but as soon as you find the right brightness, sharpness and backlight, it really pops!, but again is easily tweaked to personal likes. Now when i switch to the other color setups like Dynamic, Standard and Native, the Movie setting looks by far superior and the best once you dial in the 10p whites and offsets.

If anyone comes up with an alternative, please do tell, as I still feel these settings, even after the tweak, are only about 85% the way there. I may just bite the bullet and pay a home theater calibrator the $200 they ask and have it done professionally and I will share my findings, but for now the above after tweaking is getting close. might help to read other threads on the ES8000, as other than a "ultimate" backlit setting they are pretty similar in scope.
post #19 of 426 Old 05-30-2012, 04:02 AM

Hello everyone. Just got this display a week ago. Like lots about it, have a couple of reservations about a couple of things. First, I noticed that the side viewing angles wash out pretty quickly. I used to own a 55" Vizio XVT and it had a great picture, even from side. Anybody else notice this?

Also, can you folks share your settings for non-Movie mode, just for HDTV viewing? I have tweaked, but still have issue with faces being a bit washed out and color seems off. Appreciate your help.
post #20 of 426 Old 05-30-2012, 05:03 AM

I had the 60 inch D7000, but it has uniformity flaw and was replaced. Samsung could not find another D7000, so replaced it with the 60 inch ES7500. I guess lucky me.

Comparing the two:
Picture quality on the ES is slightly better than my D7000. And 3D is much better. Of course my ES model does not have the picture flaw. However the ES has more clouding than the D7000. This is only a mild problem for me as the TV is in a very bright room with many, many windows. So Clouding is rarely seen.

Sound quality on the D7000 (without external speakers) was better. More clear. I thought it was good enough to not need a sound bar. Not true of the ES. Will be getting a sound bar soon. More importantly I verified the D7000 has a design flaw. When watch 3D (any 3D), the sound will cut in half. I verified this with other members on this forum. However the ES model does not do this. (note this is with TV speakers). It is clearly a design flaw, but a mute point if you use external speakers.

I like the Voice control, but need to play with it more. I also like the Smart Remote and touchpad. Hand Motion Control seems useless so far.

I like the fact Samsung got rid of the Component converting cable. The ES model has direct input for Component.

As for Smart Hub and Apps, they are fun at times. I really like the SwipeIt App (allows you send pic from your smart phone to the TV by just swiping (or throwing) the pic towards the TV. I found this really nice when family is over and I take pics of the Kids. Then just swipe them to the TV so everyone can see. It also impresses the family members.

One final note, I keep my Backlight at 15. Much higher than most, but again this TV is in a very bright room, so this setting works for me.
post #21 of 426 Old 05-30-2012, 01:43 PM

and i love it. for me i do not have any of the problems reported throughout the web. apps are fast, youtube HD steams well, no ghosting, no problems with sreen uniformity, no power cycles, voice control and motion control work, but most importantly the picture is feaking gorgeous. people come over and stare in awe and this is just for a cable signal. i have not tried a bluray/ps3 game yet but will soon. i found these settings to work well. i keep my backlight lower and my contrast higher. i change a few things from time to time (i am one of those who constantly makes tiny tweaks to video settings). but try these for starters:

[url]avsforum.com/avs-vb/showthread.php?p=21910558#post21910558...
post #22 of 426 Old 05-30-2012, 01:45 PM

also put my sharpness up to 30
post #23 of 426 Old 06-01-2012, 08:31 AM

Need to know if the bleed through some of us are getting in super dark scenes is getting better or worse over time? I am coming up on the 1 month return at Best Buy and need to make a decision on whether or not to return. I am going to keep this tv for sure, loving pretty much every aspect, but I wonder if swapping it for the same TV i might get one that does not have the wash out issue. I did read a thread where a guy claimed the bleed was a result of screws in the back being too tight over the screen giving it a pressure bleed, but taking the TV apart to fix it is something i am not willing to do.

Anyway, is anyone noticing less bleed over time? Has anyone swapped for another TV of the same model to find the issue not as pronounced? Again, this is partly because I am nitpicking, as it's easy to do even after owning a Ferrari to find things you do not like about it, but all in all somethings we pay for and expect and I am on the fence regarding the damn bleed issue. I refuse to dial down the settings i prefer to compensate for the bleed. Thx guys.
post #24 of 426 Old 06-01-2012, 09:07 AM - Thread Starter

SS13

Not sure what bleed through is. I did have that slight flashlight effect (above the Illuminated Samsung logo) however it has darkened up and even more so when I turn off the logo.
With that said you have to be happy.
post #25 of 426 Old 06-01-2012, 01:13 PM

Is everyone pretty much happy with this TV, I dont see much action in this thread...Traded my LM8600 for the 7500 should be here tuesday, And is everyone pretty much using the settings from the es8000 on this? BTW Craiga 1993 Your set looks perfect hope mine is the same
post #26 of 426 Old 06-02-2012, 06:17 PM

Bleed through is a result of the backlight coming through slightly in very dark scenes. If you haven't see it, then maybe its just my TV, but others are having this issue with the ES8000 which shares much of the same technology. How do you turn off the Samsung logo, i am not really having the issue around the logo, but it would be nice to turn it off.
post #27 of 426 Old 06-02-2012, 06:51 PM

Anyone have any news on the 50" model? 46" is a little too small, 55" too big for my space. Samsung announced it, but it hasn't come out yet...
post #28 of 426 Old 06-02-2012, 09:23 PM

Liked: 14
Quote:
Originally Posted by HyperC View Post

Is everyone pretty much happy with this TV, I dont see much action in this thread...Traded my LM8600 for the 7500 should be here tuesday, And is everyone pretty much using the settings from the es8000 on this? BTW Craiga 1993 Your set looks perfect hope mine is the same

HyperC: Please keep me posted when your ES7500 comes in after a week of using it. I had a 55LM7600, got a 55LM8600 that one intermittently reboots, restarts, power cycles or whatever you want to call it if not twice an hour or once an hour. I'm on my second 55LM8600 it did it once already thinking of getting the ES7500 or ES7100.
post #29 of 426 Old 06-03-2012, 07:05 AM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScubaSteve13 View Post

Bleed through is a result of the backlight coming through slightly in very dark scenes. If you haven't see it, then maybe its just my TV, but others are having this issue with the ES8000 which shares much of the same technology. How do you turn off the Samsung logo, i am not really having the issue around the logo, but it would be nice to turn it off.

Under settings ?General?Logo
Then you can pick when you want the logo on.
post #30 of 426 Old 06-08-2012, 06:34 AM

Is anyone else having trouble logging into your Samsung Account via Smart Hub? I created a new account on the Samsung.com however I continue to receive an error message. I am hardwired and able to access the internet (via webrowser, stream hulu and netflix, as well as use the other builtin apps) but I can not access the App Store or log into the social networking apps due to being unable to sign into my Samsung account.

Any advice/suggestions?

Also,
For some reason I am unable to pick up some local hd channels. I currently have basic cable and when I complete a scan it skips about half of them. I try to manually punch in the channel (ie. 4-1, 5-1, 8-1 etc) but it defaults to simply "channel 4". I can access these channels on my other tvs.
Reply LCD Flat Panel Displays

Tags
Samsung Un60es7500 60 Inch 3d Slim Led Hdtv , Samsung Un65es8000 Led Hdtv , Disney Wow World Of Wonder Blu Ray , Avatar 3d Blu Ray Collectors Edition
Gear in this thread

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page