Official LG 47LM8600/55LM8600 Owners Thread - Page 13 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #361 of 1385 Old 06-18-2012, 01:50 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Has any one use netflix app on this TV? Every time I watch the video on netflix for about 15 minutes, it automatically returns to the home screen but I can still hear the audio of that video running. Anyone else has this problem?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #362 of 1385 Old 06-18-2012, 02:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jedi29 View Post

I kind of figured it ( light bleed ) was inherent to the design.
Was it manageable ? In other words could you play around with the backlighting and brightness to try to minimize it ?
Did you have any heat related issues ?
If > Yes + Yes + No > then I would try another when Amazon was re-stocked , that way you lock in your original price PLUS , they are aware of the problem and that means if you do have the same issues or worst , they will easily understand why you would want your money back.
Like I have mentioned in the past , there is a lot to like about the LM8600 , I just wish the 47" didn`t heat up so much.
Well that is my idea !!
Best of luck whatever , are you still going to look if you return it or wait until next year ?
Later , smile.gif
Me 

I have played with the setting and in order to get right of the light bleed I have to go really dark which is not my preference. I don't experience heat issues. I touch the back of the TV and it kind of hot right about the center but it does not affect my PQ. I hope Amazon can lock in the price if I decide to re order when they have it in stock. I really like mostly everything about this TV. It's my second set and it is worst then the first set. I really don't what other TV I can get that is passive.
post #363 of 1385 Old 06-18-2012, 02:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by coobullets View Post

Has any one use netflix app on this TV? Every time I watch the video on netflix for about 15 minutes, it automatically returns to the home screen but I can still hear the audio of that video running. Anyone else has this problem?

I use netflix a lot and don't have this problem. Mine works flawlessly
post #364 of 1385 Old 06-18-2012, 04:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by coobullets View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by torres0428 View Post

I use netflix a lot and don't have this problem. Mine works flawlessly

I too use the netflix app all the time and have had no real issues. I did however experience a reboot the other day after the TV was on for about 6 hours. Something I had not yet experienced... worse part is my TV is past the return date so now I have no other options than to hope it is not a reoccurring issue. Has anyone else only experienced the reboot issue (TV turns off and then back on all by itself) only once and then had no other issues with it?

On a side note, if the TV continues to give me issues, has anyone been able to work with LG to pay the difference for a higher end model? Kinda like a trade in type of thing? I keep saying perhaps I should have waited for the 9600... because it is full array I can assume less light bleeding, right?
post #365 of 1385 Old 06-19-2012, 03:43 AM

So still torn on what to do with my tv. I have the 8600 47", probably going on 3 weeks so still have about a week to return it. I think I did experience some over heating issues at first, bc I need to reset my settings backlight, contrast etc. but it has been about a week and a half since I've had to do so again.

So far compared to others I don't have as many problems as you guys are having. Netflix app haven't watched anything in entirety yet just couple mins, but looks amazing, no issues with my set randomly rebooting.

My question to most of the people with the over heating issues is, was the tv on a wall mount or on its stand? Mine is on the stand about 2.5 ft from the wall, so I wonder if that helps it stay cooler than being on the wall?

I might be leaning toward keeping it. My gf is right I probably won't ever be 100% satisfied with any tv. I'd hate to return my set then get another that arrives damaged or has other issues when my current set is holding up well so far.

Other than that I love the tv, the price I paid, and all the extras I received with it!
post #366 of 1385 Old 06-19-2012, 06:20 AM

I have my tv on the wall. I just reused the ultra slim wall mount from my previous samsung plasma TV. It is probably less than 1" from the wall. What is the over heat issue? I think it shouldnt be hotter than my previous samsung plasma tv. I dont need to turn on the heater while my plasma tv is on in the winter. But it is too hot in summer.
post #367 of 1385 Old 06-19-2012, 11:54 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 8 Post(s)
Liked: 34
Hey Joker ,

I had mine setting on it`s base about 10" from the wall and the back would still get very hot after a few hours and extremely hot towards days end.

If you don`t find that over-heating is a problem with you 47" 8600 and you are happy with it , you may have hit the jackpot !!

2.5 " and with that much space behind the TV , that is probably why you are having good luck with it.

For me , it had no choice plus I had tower speakers on each side ( Note: this set up has NO effect on my KDL-40XBR2 ) , it may have needed more space for air to circulate. If that is the case then you might be good to go.

I don`t want to sound like a broken record ( fracture MP3 to you younglings ) , but the LM88600 is a great TV , IF you can keep it cool !

Sounds to me like you got the temp under control , so if your 8600 is running nominal then I would keep it , you could always get worse eek.gif

I see no reason to NOT keep it !! biggrin.gif

Best of luck to you and I`m glad to hear that someone has a decent 47" LM8600 !! smile.gif

Later ,

G. 

coobullets , the problem regarding the over-heat issue is that it drops out of white balance and after a few hours you would have to adjust contrast / brightness/ color - to compensate.

After being on for a few hours ( ok many hours LOL ) I would have to readjust it way to often , like very time I would change the channel . eek.gif , No fun frown.gif

So I had to send it back.

BTW ++++ Mine had a build date sometime in March , if your have sets after March maybe there was a secret fix , one that firmware would not help and LG is keeping quite !

OK Take care , later ! smile.gif
post #368 of 1385 Old 06-19-2012, 01:18 PM

Quote:

here is my light bleeding issue This picture is taken during daylight. Top left corner is noticeable and at night is a nightmare. Someone else is running their TV all day to see if flashlight goes away and apparently not. LG is coming out to service this on Monday. Hopefully they can do something about it. I really want to keep this TV

Is that only when the menu's are up or is it all the time. That looks horrible.

More HD please!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
post #369 of 1385 Old 06-19-2012, 02:35 PM

You can see it a lot in darker colors. In some of the PS3 menu I'm able to see it in colors too. Purple would look washed out at the top right corner
post #370 of 1385 Old 06-19-2012, 08:23 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked: 99
I hear lots of complaints in here regarding possible heat issues leading to overheating and color balance instability, and rebooting issues. Some have said they are considering a Samsung now instead. I'm curious - I'm currently trying out a Samsung 47" ES8000, and I'm torn. The image is quite breathtaking, really. I'm a huge 3D fan as well and I haven't gotten a chance yet to test that part out. But the absolutely dreadful viewing angle in the ES8000 has me thinking twice. The clouding and flashlighting is quite minimal on my ES8000, but it's the viewing angle that ruins it for me. You really have to be sitting directly in front of the screen for it to look good. Two people sitting on opposite ends of a 3-cushion couch will see different images. A few feet to the side and the screen falls apart drastically, to the point where I'm shocked how bad it can look for such an expensive set. It looks so amazing head-on, and yet dreadful from even a few feet off-center. If I move into another apartment and have a different furniture layout, I can see it being a real issue with seating.

Now this model sounds to me like a very strong alternative, with it's passive 3D (which I understand holds several advantages over active), and when I saw passive a few weeks ago on an LG in a store with Space Station 3D playing, I was blown away with the image. I also understand it has an S-IPS panel which has much better off-angle viewing, which is my only real complaint with the ES8000. I've heard many comments about the lm8600 not having as impressive an image as the Samsungs, but I have to wonder, at what point is it okay to lose a bit of image quality to gain a much better viewing angle? The wonderful image quality and outstanding black level of the ES8000 all goes out the window as soon as you sit on the floor, stand up, or step a few feet to either side of the set. At that point it looks like the worst set you can imagine. So there's clearly no benefit to the image quality of the Samsungs unless you sit directly in front of the set. If you tend to watch it from the side like I do when I'm at my PC, or at the table, then the Samsung looks like garbage. At that point, wouldn't the image quality of the lm8600 be far superior at an angle compared to the off-angle image of the Samsung?

What's people's take on this? I love the idea of the passive 3D, even though the 3D resolution may not be true 1080p, and the brightness and crosstalk-free images are a huge plus, not to mention far cheaper and lighter glasses. And the lm8600 seems to have some comparable features to the ES8000 (many picture options, motion settings, scanning backlight, etc.). But the viewing angle is really why I'm looking a bit at this set, combined with the image quality. Is the ES8000 that much better in image quality than the lm8600, and shouldn't the viewing angle be factored into it when considering the quality?

I'm worried about the possibilities of overheating and needing to readjust the color throughout the day, that sounds like a deal-breaker to me, as well as the reboots, and it seems as though flashlighting and clouding can get pretty bad on these sets. My set can look pretty bad with the backlight cranked up to 75% but if I keep it at a reasonable level, the flashlighting is virtually gone on the ES8000 and the clouding can be ignored, and it's still plenty bright since the Samsungs can get so ridiculously bright. I would hate to end up with the lm8600 and have far worse flashlighting. I don't want a dim set just to reduce flashlighting, and with the ES800 I don't have that worry. Any thoughts?

F8000 2D settings:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

F8000 3D settings:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #371 of 1385 Old 06-19-2012, 10:25 PM

@Eagle My brother-in-law has a Samsung 3D set (not sure the model) but I was not all that impressed with the 3D and It kind of gave me a headache. Had a chance to watch 3D on my 55LM8600 this past week and I thought it was amazing. Much more comfortable and I thought it popped and looked a lot better overall.
post #372 of 1385 Old 06-20-2012, 05:32 AM - Thread Starter

Liked: 20
I want to make this perfectly clear:

There is one guy in here who has diagnosed his problems as due to over heating. One person says that the TV will not hold its settings because it gets too hot. It sure sounds like an engineer diagnosed that.
I made a serious effort last night to overheat my set.....no dice. not even warm....not even close to warm. Not even as warm as my cell when I pull it out of my pocket. This is after a 1-1/2 Bluray and 1 hour of DTV and 3 hours of gaming.

Don't label the 8600 line of TVs as bad because of one report or even two reports. One person can say something and make everyone else start to hallucinate. As for rebooting.....I'm sure that happens too, but not to me. Not once, not ever. I have a crappy, overloaded electrical line too. In fact I am going to run another circuit because I just need too.
Now, the Toshiba 50H81 I just replaced, that rebooted. It was not due to overheating. It seemed to be due to static electricity. It did not happen often, maybe a few times a year.

I love this TV......I really cannot imagine a better edgelit TV. I think Toshiba is a nice design, but really do not care.

Mine is the 55". Maybe the 47" model is plagued, in which case, it should be separated from this thread.
The biggest issue you will need to deal with on the 55" is flashlighting...or light-bleeding or clouding or whatever the hell you want to call it. It is comforting to know......all edge-lit LED LCD TVs have it.

If you just like to try out every model from every manufacturer and look for all the little flaws, so you can report back to us on a forum like this, please do not hesitate to try out this model.

I think the trick would be......buy a TV, then quit shopping for them. Defective for one person, does not make it defective for all.
post #373 of 1385 Old 06-20-2012, 06:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by boxorox87 View Post

I want to make this perfectly clear:
There is one guy in here who has diagnosed his problems as due to over heating. One person says that the TV will not hold its settings because it gets too hot. It sure sounds like an engineer diagnosed that.
I made a serious effort last night to overheat my set.....no dice. not even warm....not even close to warm. Not even as warm as my cell when I pull it out of my pocket. This is after a 1-1/2 Bluray and 1 hour of DTV and 3 hours of gaming.
Don't label the 8600 line of TVs as bad because of one report or even two reports. One person can say something and make everyone else start to hallucinate. As for rebooting.....I'm sure that happens too, but not to me. Not once, not ever. I have a crappy, overloaded electrical line too. In fact I am going to run another circuit because I just need too.
Now, the Toshiba 50H81 I just replaced, that rebooted. It was not due to overheating. It seemed to be due to static electricity. It did not happen often, maybe a few times a year.
I love this TV......I really cannot imagine a better edgelit TV. I think Toshiba is a nice design, but really do not care.
Mine is the 55". Maybe the 47" model is plagued, in which case, it should be separated from this thread.
The biggest issue you will need to deal with on the 55" is flashlighting...or light-bleeding or clouding or whatever the hell you want to call it. It is comforting to know......all edge-lit LED LCD TVs have it.
If you just like to try out every model from every manufacturer and look for all the little flaws, so you can report back to us on a forum like this, please do not hesitate to try out this model.
I think the trick would be......buy a TV, then quit shopping for them. Defective for one person, does not make it defective for all.

I agree man. I got this tv coming in whenever Amazon gets it in stock. I mean i like these message boards, its good to hear ppl's opinions and a lot of people on here are knowledgable, but man some of the nitpicking on here is borderline crazy. You come on this site excited about buying a new tv, then i hear all this stuff about blooming, washed out colors, flashlighting, rebooting, glare, microscopic bleeding on the far left corner that can only be seen every tuesday between 3-4 am when the lights are completely off and only after you rub your eyes three times. It just makes me not want to buy a tv at all.
post #374 of 1385 Old 06-20-2012, 07:11 AM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by eagle_2 View Post

I hear lots of complaints in here regarding possible heat issues leading to overheating and color balance instability, and rebooting issues. Some have said they are considering a Samsung now instead. I'm curious - I'm currently trying out a Samsung 47" ES8000, and I'm torn. The image is quite breathtaking, really. I'm a huge 3D fan as well and I haven't gotten a chance yet to test that part out. But the absolutely dreadful viewing angle in the ES8000 has me thinking twice. The clouding and flashlighting is quite minimal on my ES8000, but it's the viewing angle that ruins it for me. You really have to be sitting directly in front of the screen for it to look good. Two people sitting on opposite ends of a 3-cushion couch will see different images. A few feet to the side and the screen falls apart drastically, to the point where I'm shocked how bad it can look for such an expensive set. It looks so amazing head-on, and yet dreadful from even a few feet off-center. If I move into another apartment and have a different furniture layout, I can see it being a real issue with seating.
Now this model sounds to me like a very strong alternative, with it's passive 3D (which I understand holds several advantages over active), and when I saw passive a few weeks ago on an LG in a store with Space Station 3D playing, I was blown away with the image. I also understand it has an S-IPS panel which has much better off-angle viewing, which is my only real complaint with the ES8000. I've heard many comments about the lm8600 not having as impressive an image as the Samsungs, but I have to wonder, at what point is it okay to lose a bit of image quality to gain a much better viewing angle? The wonderful image quality and outstanding black level of the ES8000 all goes out the window as soon as you sit on the floor, stand up, or step a few feet to either side of the set. At that point it looks like the worst set you can imagine. So there's clearly no benefit to the image quality of the Samsungs unless you sit directly in front of the set. If you tend to watch it from the side like I do when I'm at my PC, or at the table, then the Samsung looks like garbage. At that point, wouldn't the image quality of the lm8600 be far superior at an angle compared to the off-angle image of the Samsung?
What's people's take on this? I love the idea of the passive 3D, even though the 3D resolution may not be true 1080p, and the brightness and crosstalk-free images are a huge plus, not to mention far cheaper and lighter glasses. And the lm8600 seems to have some comparable features to the ES8000 (many picture options, motion settings, scanning backlight, etc.). But the viewing angle is really why I'm looking a bit at this set, combined with the image quality. Is the ES8000 that much better in image quality than the lm8600, and shouldn't the viewing angle be factored into it when considering the quality?
I'm worried about the possibilities of overheating and needing to readjust the color throughout the day, that sounds like a deal-breaker to me, as well as the reboots, and it seems as though flashlighting and clouding can get pretty bad on these sets. My set can look pretty bad with the backlight cranked up to 75% but if I keep it at a reasonable level, the flashlighting is virtually gone on the ES8000 and the clouding can be ignored, and it's still plenty bright since the Samsungs can get so ridiculously bright. I would hate to end up with the lm8600 and have far worse flashlighting. I don't want a dim set just to reduce flashlighting, and with the ES800 I don't have that worry. Any thoughts?

The viewing angle on the 8600, while in 3D, is nothing less than amazing to me. I always sit center.....but when demoing it for people, I am hovering outside of what I would consider a good location.....well outside, and the 3D still looks great.
I cannot watch a 3D movie at the theater.....it does terrible things to the pressure in my head. I have no problems with most 3d content on this TV. There are a few times when the image pulls at my eyeball, but mostly, it's a comfortable and very entertaining experience.

While you should consider the negative reviews that people on these forums give on models you are interested in, I would also suggest you look at all of their comments.....in all of the threads they post in. Some people are just "testers". Some people around here have been shopping and sampling for a very long time. Some people have an awful lot of information and opinions to share on a whole helluva lot of TV models.
I seriously.....seriously, doubt that the ES8000 has a better picture than the LM8600.
post #375 of 1385 Old 06-20-2012, 07:45 AM

Quote:

The viewing angle on the 8600, while in 3D, is nothing less than amazing to me. I always sit center.....but when demoing it for people, I am hovering outside of what I would consider a good location.....well outside, and the 3D still looks great.
I cannot watch a 3D movie at the theater.....it does terrible things to the pressure in my head. I have no problems with most 3d content on this TV. There are a few times when the image pulls at my eyeball, but mostly, it's a comfortable and very entertaining experience.
While you should consider the negative reviews that people on these forums give on models you are interested in, I would also suggest you look at all of their comments.....in all of the threads they post in. Some people are just "testers". Some people around here have been shopping and sampling for a very long time. Some people have an awful lot of information and opinions to share on a whole helluva lot of TV models.
I seriously.....seriously, doubt that the ES8000 has a better picture than the LM8600.

Well I had the 8600 and the Samsung 7100 (same as the ES8000 without the voice/hand commands). In comparing the two on a scale on 1 to 10 with 10 the highest I would give the Samsung a 10 on PQ and the LG a 7. I could never get the LG to equal the brightness of the Samsung. As for 3D I would give the LG a 10 and the Samsung an 8. The LG was my first choice when I went to purchase a new TV. I have always had Samsungs in the past but I could not live with the lower PQ on the LG. So I ended up with the Samsung 7100 which has worked out just fine. I usually watch it by myself so side viewing is not an issue for me. Also as for 3D I was quite concerned about using active glasses vs passive but the Samsung passive glasses were very light. I could not tell much difference between them and the LG glasses. I got 4 pair included with the TV.
post #376 of 1385 Old 06-20-2012, 07:50 AM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by ben12345 View Post

Well I had the 8600 and the Samsung 7100 (same as the ES8000 without the voice/hand commands). In comparing the two on a scale on 1 to 10 with 10 the highest I would give the Samsung a 10 on PQ and the LG a 7. I could never get the LG to equal the brightness of the Samsung. As for 3D I would give the LG a 10 and the Samsung an 8. The LG was my first choice when I went to purchase a new TV. I have always had Samsungs in the past but I could not live with the lower PQ on the LG. So I ended up with the Samsung 7100 which has worked out just fine. I usually watch it by myself so side viewing is not an issue for me. Also as for 3D I was quite concerned about using active glasses vs passive but the Samsung passive glasses were very light. I could not tell much difference between them and the LG glasses. I got 4 pair included with the TV.

PQ is all about calibration and personal preference. I bet my LM8600 looks better than your 7100. I would stand them side by side and say that.

And some people need to convince themselves their decisions are justified, myself included.
post #377 of 1385 Old 06-20-2012, 07:58 AM

I have the 47" tv. no overheat issue for me though and it is less than 1" from the wall. So far so good.
post #378 of 1385 Old 06-20-2012, 10:15 AM

Quote:

PQ is all about calibration and personal preference. I bet my LM8600 looks better than your 7100. I would stand them side by side and say that.
And some people need to convince themselves their decisions are justified, myself included.

I used the WOW disk to calibrate both the LG and the Samsung and believe me I wanted the LG to at least equal the Samsung in PQ as the LG had better 3D. Buth after calibration the biggest problem with the LG was the anything that was white was just dull when compared to the Samsung. Now when the Samsung was off the LG looked OK. Only when both sets were on and both were side by side with the same picture could you see the difference and it was not even close.
post #379 of 1385 Old 06-20-2012, 10:47 AM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 15
Quote:

Not to be a jerk, but it does. I just went from the 8600 to the es7500. Fortunately or unfortunately, the picture quality is better with Samsung. I also don't have any issues with angle viewing. I'm surprised to read that eagle is having such a difficult time. That being said, I think the 8600 is definitely a nice set and LG's best offering. I just had a local dimming and really bad flashlighting issue that was similar to what was shown earlier. Those issues greatly affected the blacks. Samsung's sets are far from consistent as well. These edgelit sets will have some issues. I agree with the advice to buy it and enjoy.
post #380 of 1385 Old 06-20-2012, 11:54 AM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by HenDokuYaku View Post

Not to be a jerk, but it does. I just went from the 8600 to the es7500. Fortunately or unfortunately, the picture quality is better with Samsung. I also don't have any issues with angle viewing. I'm surprised to read that eagle is having such a difficult time. That being said, I think the 8600 is definitely a nice set and LG's best offering. I just had a local dimming and really bad flashlighting issue that was similar to what was shown earlier. Those issues greatly affected the blacks. Samsung's sets are far from consistent as well. These edgelit sets will have some issues. I agree with the advice to buy it and enjoy.

Not trying to be a jerk either....but as I said...I will put mine up against yours in my environment. PQ quality is opinion. Correct calibration is key. Quite possibly.....one TV is easier to calibrate If you look around...nobody uses the same settings. Doesn't that tell you anything?
post #381 of 1385 Old 06-20-2012, 12:50 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked: 99
Well I think the thing to consider is factoring in off-angle viewing. To those who have had both a recent Samsung and the lm8600, how much better is the viewing angle of the lm8600? Maybe the ES8000 does have better image quality than the lm8600 when viewed dead-center, but what happens when you step a few feet to the side and the great picture quality of the ES8000 starts to fall apart - contrast goes to hell, colors wash, blacks become purplish, and the whole image looks terrible. Now from that angle, which set looks better? If the lm8600 has a much wider viewing angle than the ES8000, then I'm certain at an angle the lm8600 will look far better. So the lm8600 would in fact have the advantage of having an image almost as good, or as good, depending on who you ask, as the ES8000, and a far better image when viewed at an angle. That sounds like a huge advantage. When my friend was coming over to watch my plasma with me in my small apartment, I would sit where I normally do and he would pull up a chair a few feet away - with the ES8000 that's pretty much out of the question for him, it would look terrible. With the lm8600 I think he would be fine. A tv isn't much good if only 1 person can view it at one time, while all your friends in the room see garbage.

When I see my girlfriend's folks' $500 Vizio LCD from 2 years ago, you can step very far off-center and the image doesn't change at all - it looks virtually the same from a pretty wide angle. Anything anywhere close to that angle on the ES8000 and the tv looks like a mess.

F8000 2D settings:

F8000 3D settings:
post #382 of 1385 Old 06-20-2012, 01:14 PM

@Eagle - I've had a few small issues with my 55LM8600 but overall I'm still pleased with it. Perhaps you may be interested in the upcoming LM9600? Actually, I believe it is now available.

When I think back regarding my purchase decision, the only regret I feel is I think i should have waited for the 9600... though it would be hard to justify spending another $1000 or so (which is the difference in price between the LM8600 and LM9600).

Just curious, is it the reflection on the Samsung that gives you issues with viewing angles? I know i considered getting the UN60ES8000FXZA but it was so reflective I felt like I was looking into a mirror.
post #383 of 1385 Old 06-20-2012, 01:23 PM

Quote:

Not trying to be a jerk either....but as I said...I will put mine up against yours in my environment. PQ quality is opinion. Correct calibration is key. Quite possibly.....one TV is easier to calibrate If you look around...nobody uses the same settings. Doesn't that tell you anything?

Just wondering what your settings are for the 8600 if you don't mind posting them?

I think another major factor in the ES8000 and LM8600 is the price, I feel like I got a steal the 47" with 12 pairs of 3d glass, and a home theater surround sound system for $1200. Havent seen the ES8000 for less than 2k.

Not sure if I had over heating issues or what but I had to recalibrate my settings twice within the first week, but so far no issues the last 2 weeks so maybe its broken in and no more issues.

I feel my gf said it best that I most likely will never be 100% satisfied with any tv, that I could find a minor flaw in each one I tried out, so I'm just going to end up keeping mine. Did get the extended warranty too just incase.
post #384 of 1385 Old 06-20-2012, 09:18 PM

this how my TV looks like when changing inputs. I know I don't see all that while watching regular TV but with this much ligh bleed and flashlight colors do get washed out
post #385 of 1385 Old 06-21-2012, 08:04 AM - Thread Starter

Quote:

this how my TV looks like when changing inputs. I know I don't see all that while watching regular TV but with this much ligh bleed and flashlight colors do get washed out

I get that too, more-so if I crank up my backlighting and totally eliminate the recessed lighting in my room.
I find that increased backlighting does not help my picture quality at all and I do not like a totally dark room. I do not get washed out colors and do not notice any unusual brightness at the corners or anywhere else on the screen, while watching anything.
post #386 of 1385 Old 06-21-2012, 08:07 AM - Thread Starter

Um....I just realized, maybe my picture seems brighter and colors pop more to me because I have my set mounted on a black wall......I'm sure it makes some sort of difference and didn't think of it til now.
post #387 of 1385 Old 06-21-2012, 04:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ben12345 View Post

Which company is "TD Deal"?

@Ben12345 I think what virtualmadden meant by TD Deal is TigerDirect
post #388 of 1385 Old 06-21-2012, 04:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danilla Ice View Post

@Ben12345 I think what virtualmadden meant by TD Deal is TigerDirect

Thanks.
post #389 of 1385 Old 06-22-2012, 10:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Owlzfan84 View Post

I agree man. I got this tv coming in whenever Amazon gets it in stock. I mean i like these message boards, its good to hear ppl's opinions and a lot of people on here are knowledgable, but man some of the nitpicking on here is borderline crazy. You come on this site excited about buying a new tv, then i hear all this stuff about blooming, washed out colors, flashlighting, rebooting, glare, microscopic bleeding on the far left corner that can only be seen every tuesday between 3-4 am when the lights are completely off and only after you rub your eyes three times. It just makes me not want to buy a tv at all.

I have had my 55" for about a month. No issues at all. I ran it all day a couple of times (~8:00am - 9:30pm) and the TV was not hot. I am really enjoying this tv. As for all the other issues I don't care what the screen looks like on a PS3 loading menu or a Netflix loading menu. I don't care about menus I care about the movie or tv show. I recommend the set. I previously had a Samsung DLP LED tv. Samsung settled lawsuits that creatively were written not to include my issues as well as a couple hundred posts of other AVS members. I spent $200 replacing a board and apparently need to spend another $500 for something and the board I originally replaced will fail again. To each their own. Every manufacturer has their issues and we all go through cycles. Samsung will not see another dollar from me directly again for quite some time. I am sure someone else here can share the same type of story from Sony/Lg/Toshiba etc.

Hopefully this TV lasts longer then my previous Samsung (3 years for the 1st board replacement, 5 years for a total break down). It is sad when I have old tube TV's for 10-20 years that work perfectly. I am keeping my fingers crossed. I encourage everyone to look at this set if you can. Great value for the money. I should note that I am not a "power" user by any means. I better be handicap or very old to ever consider my self a TV "power" user. The outside world is far more rewarding then sitting in front of a TV all the time nit picking every little dot/detail. Just my opinion and I truly mean no disrespect to anyone. I think sometimes AVS and other forums enable people to think they "trained" themselves to be experts and vocal critics about every little nuisance. Just enjoy the technology and hopefully it is not your life. Without these forums I imagine most of the complaints would not exist as users would not even notice that pixel 1213 is out or the netflix menu looks hazy. To each their own.
post #390 of 1385 Old 06-22-2012, 10:20 AM

The issue is that even if you aren't a "power" user, some of these TVs have very obvious flashlighting that is noticeable in normal content watching. I was watching a couple episodes of Fringe last night, and it's very, very obvious that the top corners are brighter than the rest of the screen (not as obvious but still there are the spots in between the top corners).

Generally speaking, though, I love the TV as well. I need to find a good place for cheap 3D Blurays, now! smile.gif
Reply LCD Flat Panel Displays

Tags
Lg , Displays , Lg Cinema Screen 55lm8600 55 Inch Cinema 3d Led Lcd Hdtv , Sony , Blu Ray Players , Lg Cinema Screen 55lm7600 55 Inch Cinema 3d 1080p 240 Hz Led Lcd Hdtv , Lg 47lm8600 Led Lcd Hdtv
Gear in this thread

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page