Forum Jump: 

post #1171 of 1385 Old 04-18-2013, 03:07 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 14 Post(s)
Liked: 14
Quote:
Originally Posted by dbe425 View Post

and do the hokie pokie then turn yourself around....tongue.gif.
Really? the hokie pokie ? That's your best advice? stunning.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #1172 of 1385 Old 04-18-2013, 05:06 PM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by MOFO 13 View Post

Really? the hokie pokie ? That's your best advice? stunning.

I'm sorry I just can't help myself some times....biggrin.gif Don't mean to make fun of an obviously annoying situation you have.
post #1173 of 1385 Old 04-18-2013, 05:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dbe425 View Post

I'm sorry I just can't help myself some times....biggrin.gif Don't mean to make fun of an obviously annoying situation you have.

Im not offended ,I thought your comment was hilarious, I was joking back sarcastically, I'm not a soft type person, frankly I dont give a f--k what anyone says to me.... I appreciate witty humor , it's nice to know that people still have a sense of humor on this craphole we call earth , and your right ,it's like doing the korean hokie pokie......
post #1174 of 1385 Old 04-19-2013, 06:48 PM

Liked: 10
Hi,

I got my 55LM8600 few weeks ago and am fighting all the time with the wired network connectivity problem. Every 7-8 minutes it shows that the network is disconnected and is reconnecting again. I checked on my router that TV is renewing the IP address, so I set IP for static. Didn't help.
I called the LG support and they sent a guy who replaced the mainboard. didn't help.

Anybody had the same problem? Any ideas how i can fix it?

PS
Wireless is stable, however rather slow so preferred to set that up on wire.
post #1175 of 1385 Old 04-20-2013, 11:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by eonardinio123 View Post

Hi,

I got my 55LM8600 few weeks ago and am fighting all the time with the wired network connectivity problem. Every 7-8 minutes it shows that the network is disconnected and is reconnecting again. I checked on my router that TV is renewing the IP address, so I set IP for static. Didn't help.
I called the LG support and they sent a guy who replaced the mainboard. didn't help.

PS

Have you changed the ethernet cable?
post #1176 of 1385 Old 04-20-2013, 12:04 PM

Yes. i tried few cables which are working perfectly with other devices. Result is exactly the same on any cable, any port in my switch
post #1177 of 1385 Old 04-20-2013, 01:08 PM

Does anyone know if you can sync your laptop to the tv? If I have to Ill buy a cable or some device that can link the computer to the tv.

Main thing I'm looking to accomplish is use NFL rewind which you can watch any football game on there, so instead of watching on my computer screen have it broadcasted to the tv. Is it possible to do with this tv or do I need to buy a cable or some device like apple tv or another device.

Also not talking about using plex or something similar.

Thanks in advance
post #1178 of 1385 Old 04-20-2013, 01:54 PM

Quote:

Yes. i tried few cables which are working perfectly with other devices. Result is exactly the same on any cable, any port in my switch

have you rebooted the initial settings in the option menu after the motherboard change and latest firmware update?
post #1179 of 1385 Old 04-20-2013, 08:46 PM

Quote:

have you rebooted the initial settings in the option menu after the motherboard change and latest firmware update?

Don't think so. How to do that?
post #1180 of 1385 Old 04-21-2013, 07:50 AM

Quote:

Don't think so. How to do that?[/quo

A. go to the options menu the icon with the briefcase and wrench

B.Before you do this if you have your tv picture settings calibrated write down all the settings because there going to change to factory settings after you intitiate the process.

C. make sure you have the lg logo light setting set to off before you do this.. that option is in the same window ,if it is not set to off there is a chance it will not work correctly after the reset.

D. after you select the breifcase icon go into the option window scroll down you'll see intitial setting above dual play in that window ,highlight initial setting and click on it with the middle of the remote it will completely reset the tv.
post #1181 of 1385 Old 04-21-2013, 08:56 AM

Can anyone help?

I have a 47lm8600 thankfully no Issues with the logo light like many here but I have a question. When I turn the tv on or switch in between inputs at the top the status bar displays the picture as 1080p at 60hz. Does anyone know how to change the hz setting or is this just standard and it cannot be changed? Thanks in advance
post #1182 of 1385 Old 04-21-2013, 09:26 AM

Quote:

Quote:

Don't think so. How to do that?[/quo

A. go to the options menu the icon with the briefcase and wrench

B.Before you do this if you have your tv picture settings calibrated write down all the settings because there going to change to factory settings after you intitiate the process.

C. make sure you have the lg logo light setting set to off before you do this.. that option is in the same window ,if it is not set to off there is a chance it will not work correctly after the reset.

D. after you select the breifcase icon go into the option window scroll down you'll see intitial setting above dual play in that window ,highlight initial setting and click on it with the middle of the remote it will completely reset the tv.

i did that. smile.gif

Right now the connection last for 30s, reconnecting and connecting again.
post #1183 of 1385 Old 04-21-2013, 10:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sqadbeezy View Post

Can anyone help?

I have a 47lm8600 thankfully no Issues with the logo light like many here but I have a question. When I turn the tv on or switch in between inputs at the top the status bar displays the picture as 1080p at 60hz. Does anyone know how to change the hz setting or is this just standard and it cannot be changed? Thanks in advance

The TV can only run at the frame rate of the source signal,the conversion is done within the tv based on your motion setting 60hz is the the frequency your receiving.
sqadbeezy likes this.
post #1184 of 1385 Old 04-21-2013, 10:20 AM

Quote:

i did that. smile.gif

Right now the connection last for 30s, reconnecting and connecting again.

how far away is the router?
post #1185 of 1385 Old 04-21-2013, 11:37 AM

Quote:

how far away is the router?

it is located under the TV. 2 feet.
My first thought was the router but as mentioned all other devices work perfectly on the same setup.
post #1186 of 1385 Old 04-21-2013, 11:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joker99z View Post

Does anyone know if you can sync your laptop to the tv? If I have to Ill buy a cable or some device that can link the computer to the tv.

Main thing I'm looking to accomplish is use NFL rewind which you can watch any football game on there, so instead of watching on my computer screen have it broadcasted to the tv. Is it possible to do with this tv or do I need to buy a cable or some device like apple tv or another device.

Also not talking about using plex or something similar.

Thanks in advance

If you have a WiDi (Wi-Fi Direct) connection you can do it wireless. I use an HDMI cable and have a usb keyboard so I can control my laptop from the couch. If you want to watch sports, NFL, NBA or European football go to: http://www.firstrow1.eu. It shows all NFL games and NBA just watch the pop ups they do go away. Just keep closing them and on the game screen there are little x's to close those. After a few they all go away and I been using this site for years and have had no problems!
post #1187 of 1385 Old 04-21-2013, 12:03 PM

Quote:

it is located under the TV. 2 feet.
My first thought was the router but as mentioned all other devices work perfectly on the same setup.

unless your bandwidth is being consumed by other connections at the same time I would say it's a hardware problem with the tv did you actually watch the board get changed? If the router is that close and the connection is fine otherwise I would say the mtu is fine.....have you tried to reassign the port the tv is using?
post #1188 of 1385 Old 04-21-2013, 07:45 PM

Quote:

unless your bandwidth is being consumed by other connections at the same time I would say it's a hardware problem with the tv did you actually watch the board get changed? If the router is that close and the connection is fine otherwise I would say the mtu is fine.....have you tried to reassign the port the tv is using?

Yes, I was watching the guy changing the board.
I went through different port in the router, different cables, static IP, different other devices on the same setup. TV is the only one giving me a headache. LG support suggested to call authorized service rep and if he won't be able to repair, he can qualify me for the refund.

I gave up already. no clue why it happens. My assumption before the board swap, was the Ethernet card in my TV, but now when it's changed I don't know what to think.

Was it a bad choice to go fro LG LM8600?
post #1189 of 1385 Old 04-22-2013, 05:28 AM

Quote:

I went through different port in the router, different cables, static IP, different other devices on the same setup. TV is the only one giving me a headache. LG support suggested to call authorized service rep and if he won't be able to repair, he can qualify me for the refund.

I gave up already. no clue why it happens. My assumption before the board swap, was the Ethernet card in my TV, but now when it's changed I don't know what to think.

I understand your frustration they(lg) have some problems I'm not to happy with their firmware engineering... before seeing all the problems here being caused by bad firmware I would say it was not a bad choice...but your problem and everyone else's are not acceptable..I think the tv has a excellent picture but that's the only good thing I have to say about it...next time I'll buy a panasonic product.....
post #1190 of 1385 Old 04-22-2013, 06:13 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 396 Post(s)
Liked: 759
Quote:

Hi,

PS

I don't know how router-cognizant you are, so I'll ask the fundamentals first:

When you say you set the IP for static, you mean on the TV?

Also, if you have a static IP on the TV, you have to have the router save that IP aside and keep it out of the DHCP pool. Did you do that?

Also, DHCP is set with a specific lease time. Did you verify that it's long enough?

Grow milkweed. The Monarch Butterfly requires it, and its numbers are dwindling fast.
post #1191 of 1385 Old 04-22-2013, 06:19 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

Quote:

As a long-time software engineer, this still sounds precisely like some router problems I've seen people bump into from time to time.

And there's another solution too by the way: there are devices out there that seemlessly plug into the cat5/cat6 connection on TVs (and other devices) and connect to your router in a way that makes the TV convinced it's still on a landline. No, it's not just an access pont/adapter/repeater. The devices requires absolutely no config. People do that when they have crummy reception and/or need faster throughput.

I don't suggest this in your case though. Start with the router.

Grow milkweed. The Monarch Butterfly requires it, and its numbers are dwindling fast.
post #1192 of 1385 Old 04-22-2013, 07:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rudy Tuesday View Post

The logo light is off for now, the 5.0 update and resetting the TV a couple times seems to have worked. I don't understand why this is a 5.0 update, I thought when a OS moves up a whole number there are noticeable improvements to the menus and new features, can any one let me know if I overlooked anything ?

got an email from LG about the new software update:

An update to the software for your 2012 model LG Smart TV is now available. Updating is quick, easy and free, and will bring you a host of new features and benefits.

To find out more about the software update process, check out this helpful "how-to" video:

http://link.brightcove.com/services/player/bcpid1666406250001?bckey=AQ~~,AAABg974Gak~,-d5XwUBqifdZqUDooYJ-oHK-Fkg5TWXx&bctid=2160129399001

• LG Smart World now accepts PayPal payments. For more about LG Smart World,
Click Here.
• When you're watching YouTube & Netflix on a phone, tablet or portable player, send it to the TV, and pick up right where you left off. To find out about this feature, Click Here.
• Enjoy the convenience of Closed Captioning on Crackle Movies & TV.
• Save tedious typing in Social Center thanks to the new Speech-to-Text input.
• Browse and watch your favorite movies and TV shows, with Amazon Instant Video
post #1193 of 1385 Old 04-23-2013, 05:03 PM

I am in Colombia (South America) and I got the same problem.LG changed the the wireless LAN module board, but still the download speed is maximum 1,75Mbps. My internet speed conection at home is 5 Mbps, and I check it on Ipad, Iphone and they work well!
So I don't know what could be the problem.
Wireless LAN module (WN8122E) Specification:
Data Rate
802.11a/g: 54Mbps
80211b: 11Mbps
802.11n: 300 Mbps
Standard IEEE802.a/b/g/n
What daoes it mean?
post #1194 of 1385 Old 04-24-2013, 05:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CELMS View Post

If you have a WiDi (Wi-Fi Direct) connection you can do it wireless. I use an HDMI cable and have a usb keyboard so I can control my laptop from the couch. If you want to watch sports, NFL, NBA or European football go to: http://www.firstrow1.eu. It shows all NFL games and NBA just watch the pop ups they do go away. Just keep closing them and on the game screen there are little x's to close those. After a few they all go away and I been using this site for years and have had no problems!

Thanks for the info.

So I ended up ordering a cable didnt feel like adding an extra device to my setup. Anyways I have an issue with the picture theres black in the background it comes up all snowy. I was wondering if you had the same issue with yours as well.

This is the cable I bought.

Just wondering what you have for your setup and how is it working.

Thanks
post #1195 of 1385 Old 04-24-2013, 06:28 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by CELMS View Post

Thanks for the info.

So I ended up ordering a cable didnt feel like adding an extra device to my setup. Anyways I have an issue with the picture theres black in the background it comes up all snowy. I was wondering if you had the same issue with yours as well.

Did you see the reviews for that thing??? Over 1/3 of the 289 reviews were 2 and 1 star. 29 were 2 star, and 74 were 1 star. If it doesn't work well, scrutinize that particular cable first. wink.gif

post #1196 of 1385 Old 04-25-2013, 10:20 AM

Ladies and Gentlemen,

A lot of people here praise the calibration settings posted for the 55lm9600 posted on hometheater.com. Many people find them the best settings online including myself.

http://www.hometheater.com/content/lg-55lm9600-3d-lcd-hdtv

Recently hometheater posted a review for the 55lm8600, but they did not include the calibration settings.

http://www.hometheater.com/content/lg-55lm8600-3d-lcd-hdtv

What I have pasted below are the calibration settings that were used for the 55lm8600 review.

Enjoy and good luck!
All credit goes to hometheater.com

2D 3D
Energy Saving: Off Off
Picture Mode: Expert1 Expert1
Backlight: 42 100
Contrast: 80 88
Brightness: 56 55
H Sharpness: 5 5
V Sharpness: 5 5
Color: 49 50
Tint: +2 G 0
Expert Control
Dynamic Contrast: Off Off
Super Resolution On On
Color Gamut: BT709 BT709
Edge Enhancer Off Off
xvYCC

Color Filter Off Off
Expert Pattern

Gamma: 2.2 or 2.4 2.2 or 2.4
White Balance
Color Temperature: Warm Warm
Method: 2-Point 2-point
Pattern: Outer
2-point R G B R G B
High: -18 -8 19 -31 1 7
Low: -1 -2 -1 3 -3 -1
20-point N/A N/A
Luminance 130 130
CMS settings [( ) = 3D]: Color Saturation Tint Luminance
Red 0 (0) -30 (-20) 5 (3)
Green 0 (0) 0 (0) 5 (5)
Blue 0 (0) 0 (0) 0 (-1)
Cyan 15 (-5) 0 (10) 1 (5)
Magenta 0 (0) 7 (10) 2 (0)
Yellow -30 (0) 2 (12) 13 (4)

2D/3D
Picture Option
Noise Reduction: Off
MPEG Noise Reduction: Off
Black Level Low
Real Cinema On
Eye Care Off
LED Local Dimming High
TruMotion 2D: Off
3D: User (De-Blur 0 and De-Judder 10)
post #1197 of 1385 Old 04-25-2013, 02:24 PM

Quote:

Thanks for the info.

Just wondering what you have for your setup and how is it working.

Thanks

I use an HDMI to HDMI cable to connect to my TV. I use Windows 8 Pro and just go into the video settings and adjust the screen size for the TV. Or is it the website I put up? You can put the pic in full screen mode, just hold the curser over the game and controls come up underneath. It will get a little grainy in full screen.

If it is just PC to TV it works great!
post #1198 of 1385 Old 04-27-2013, 11:14 AM

Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Liked: 18
Quote:
Originally Posted by neodenjin View Post

Ladies and Gentlemen,

A lot of people here praise the calibration settings posted for the 55lm9600 posted on hometheater.com. Many people find them the best settings online including myself.

http://www.hometheater.com/content/lg-55lm9600-3d-lcd-hdtv

Recently hometheater posted a review for the 55lm8600, but they did not include the calibration settings.

http://www.hometheater.com/content/lg-55lm8600-3d-lcd-hdtv

What I have pasted below are the calibration settings that were used for the 55lm8600 review.

Enjoy and good luck!
All credit goes to hometheater.com

2D 3D
Energy Saving: Off Off
Picture Mode: Expert1 Expert1
Backlight: 42 100
Contrast: 80 88
Brightness: 56 55
H Sharpness: 5 5
V Sharpness: 5 5
Color: 49 50
Tint: +2 G 0
Expert Control
Dynamic Contrast: Off Off
Super Resolution On On
Color Gamut: BT709 BT709
Edge Enhancer Off Off
xvYCC

Color Filter Off Off
Expert Pattern

Gamma: 2.2 or 2.4 2.2 or 2.4
White Balance
Color Temperature: Warm Warm
Method: 2-Point 2-point
Pattern: Outer
2-point R G B R G B
High: -18 -8 19 -31 1 7
Low: -1 -2 -1 3 -3 -1
20-point N/A N/A
Luminance 130 130
CMS settings [( ) = 3D]: Color Saturation Tint Luminance
Red 0 (0) -30 (-20) 5 (3)
Green 0 (0) 0 (0) 5 (5)
Blue 0 (0) 0 (0) 0 (-1)
Cyan 15 (-5) 0 (10) 1 (5)
Magenta 0 (0) 7 (10) 2 (0)
Yellow -30 (0) 2 (12) 13 (4)

2D/3D
Picture Option
Noise Reduction: Off
MPEG Noise Reduction: Off
Black Level Low
Real Cinema On
Eye Care Off
LED Local Dimming High
TruMotion 2D: Off
3D: User (De-Blur 0 and De-Judder 10)
in pages before they say to leave the gamma 2.4 and the local dimming at medium
cyberguyjeff likes this.
post #1199 of 1385 Old 04-27-2013, 08:36 PM

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked: 17
Any reason my "Real Cinema" is grayed out?
post #1200 of 1385 Old 04-28-2013, 01:00 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 19
Quote:
Originally Posted by MagicMan3 View Post

Any reason my "Real Cinema" is grayed out?

I don't own this TV, but my LG 84LM9600 has the same or similar menu system. And on mine, when there is no actual picture playing on screen, the "Real Cinema" is grayed out. Once you actually have a picture on the screen the "Real Cinema" is adjustable, and on mine was set to "On" by default.

Hope this helps.smile.gif

Seth

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Reply LCD Flat Panel Displays

Tags
Lg , Displays , Lg Cinema Screen 55lm8600 55 Inch Cinema 3d Led Lcd Hdtv , Sony , Blu Ray Players , Lg Cinema Screen 55lm7600 55 Inch Cinema 3d 1080p 240 Hz Led Lcd Hdtv , Lg 47lm8600 Led Lcd Hdtv
Gear in this thread

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page