Official LG 47LM8600/55LM8600 Owners Thread - Page 47 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 
post #1381 of 1396 Old 06-10-2014, 01:11 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10

Can anyone suggest what settings give the best results for watching movies (both newer HD and older scaled SD)?

Thanks!

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #1382 of 1396 Old 08-15-2014, 08:57 PM

I started having terrible pixelation on my 47lm8600, especially when watching SD content. I think it was the last firmware update that did it. My collection of old films became practically unwatchable overnight. Is there a way to alleviate the problem?

Thanks!
post #1383 of 1396 Old 09-05-2014, 10:48 PM

Liked: 11
New firmware released (06.04.07)

New firmware released (06.04.07) on 9/4.

As far as settings go, I turn off energy saving, use Vivid for all inputs/modes (only use HDMI) and disable Trumotion, and set to "Just Scan".

You might try disabling (or enabling) Super Resolution in the settings and/or playing with the "cinema conversion" modes or disabling "upscaling" in your player.

To be honest, I've noticed a refinement in perceived sharpness and details in some modes, especially in the LG menu modes (excluding settings) with the latest firmware(s).
post #1384 of 1396 Old 09-06-2014, 02:40 PM

Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Audio from Smart Apps on LG LM8600 will not play thru AVR

Has anyone had a problem not being able to play the audio from YouTube or Amazon Prime thru their AVR?

I have the LG 55LM8600. Audio works fine for DishTV. I have a Yamaha RX-A3020 for AVR. However, when I try to play a YouTube or Amazon Prime video/movie the audio does not come thru.

Here is how i am connected currently

TV - HDMI 1(ARC) goes to HDMI Out 1 (ARC) on AVR
DishTV goes to HDMI AV2 on AVR

For tv watching i simply go to AV2 on AVR and everything is fine. But when I then try to play videos thru the Smart TV apps on the LG i get no sound thru AVR. In order to get sound I have to change setting on the LG to use the TV speaker not an External speaker.

I want to be able to watch a movie and listen to it through my home theater setup, NOT the wimpy LG tv speakers!!!

Any suggestions?

Thanks in advance!
post #1385 of 1396 Old 09-11-2014, 05:44 PM

Verify ARC/Simplink

Quote:
Originally Posted by jahriel12 View Post
Has anyone had a problem not being able to play the audio from YouTube or Amazon Prime thru their AVR?

I have the LG 55LM8600. Audio works fine for DishTV. I have a Yamaha RX-A3020 for AVR. However, when I try to play a YouTube or Amazon Prime video/movie the audio does not come thru.

Here is how i am connected currently

TV - HDMI 1(ARC) goes to HDMI Out 1 (ARC) on AVR
DishTV goes to HDMI AV2 on AVR

For tv watching i simply go to AV2 on AVR and everything is fine. But when I then try to play videos thru the Smart TV apps on the LG i get no sound thru AVR. In order to get sound I have to change setting on the LG to use the TV speaker not an External speaker.

I want to be able to watch a movie and listen to it through my home theater setup, NOT the wimpy LG tv speakers!!!

Any suggestions?

Thanks in advance!
Sounds like you dont have ARC enabled in the TV or Simplink not enabled.

Verify ARC is enabled in Settings/Sound/Sound Settings with "Digital Sound Out" set to Auto.

Verify Simplink is enabled in MyApps/Simplink/Simplink Setting with "Simplink" set to ON.

Also verify ARC/HDMI/HDMI CEC is enabled in your "AVR" settings.

Hope that helps.
post #1386 of 1396 Old 10-16-2014, 04:32 PM

Liked: 0
Youtube app too slow

Hi,
The youtube app in my LG 55LM8600 is too slow.
It was working fine earlier and now it is around 1 year since it stopped working. I’m running the latest firmware. Also tried factory reset. Other applications are fine. Tried both wired and wireless connections. I see too many people posted the same issue online, and no resolutions yet.

Has someone got any advise for this ?

Thanks,
Shami.
post #1387 of 1396 Old 11-15-2014, 12:04 PM

55LM8600 Screen blacked out!!! no picture at all. help!

So this is actually for my sister in law, who is pretty tech illiterate.
She msged me this morning saying that there was a problem with her TV (she got this tv per my recommendation).

She says she just turned the TV on as usual and was watching some stuff sourced off her laptop via vga connection as far as I know, and all of a sudden she noticed the screen darkening starting from one corner of the TV and it started to spread like black ink on white paper and it completely blacked out her screen.

Now it won't even show the LG logo when she turns the TV on.

The TV still has sounds and outputs sound coming from her laptop from the TV speakers, and shows power button all lit up and all that as well.

She says when she pushes functions like 3D, the screen would brighten up and all but still no picture whatsoever.

Doubting this is a connection issue as the Logo won't even show, so theres definitely no picture here.

I did my best to search up all issues related to this TV set and could not find any similar problems. Doesn't seem to be power or the mainboard, in fact, I just don't know what it might be. Backlight dead?

Anyhow, shes out of warranty I believe, they bought the TV slightly less than 1 and a half years back.

Any suggestions or anyone with similar issues that's been fixed?
TIA! Any help would be really appreciated.
post #1388 of 1396 Old 11-15-2014, 03:16 PM

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
So are you saying that there is no picture what so ever. Or no picture from that one input?

If you can get no picture what so ever you can try resetting the tv.
I don't remember how to do that on that particular model. You should be able to find it easily through a google search.

If that doesn't help it sounds like the panel is going / went bad.
Without a warranty you would be better off getting a new tv than replacing the panel.

Hope this helps.
post #1389 of 1396 Old 11-15-2014, 04:15 PM

So what did the update do?
post #1390 of 1396 Old 11-15-2014, 05:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cetrax1 View Post
So are you saying that there is no picture what so ever. Or no picture from that one input?

If you can get no picture what so ever you can try resetting the tv.
I don't remember how to do that on that particular model. You should be able to find it easily through a google search.

If that doesn't help it sounds like the panel is going / went bad.
Without a warranty you would be better off getting a new tv than replacing the panel.

Hope this helps.
yeah it is just no picture at all, logo won't even show upon turning on, and apparently she saw the screen turn black, as if a black ink was being spread across the screen slowly.

now it is nothing. just black...
post #1391 of 1396 Old 11-16-2014, 11:43 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 15
A few new things. Those who don't like MediLink, or like the proper plex interface, check out MediaPlayz app in the app store (or whatever the stores called). Works a treat and looks heaps better than LGs medialink.

Also, im needing to re-intialise the TV regularly lately. Anyone aware of that?
post #1392 of 1396 Old 11-29-2014, 02:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrJu5to View Post
A few new things. Those who don't like MediLink, or like the proper plex interface, check out MediaPlayz app in the app store (or whatever the stores called). Works a treat and looks heaps better than LGs medialink.

Also, im needing to re-intialise the TV regularly lately. Anyone aware of that?
About once or twice a week it'll ask me to re-initialize the Smart TV apps when the Home menu loads up. It doesn't stop me watching Netflix or whatever and the message is gone the next time I turn on the TV.

Since the last recent update, however, I've been having the sound on Netflix and the built-in DLNA media player cut out every few minutes. PS3 Netflix app doesn't do this, so I guess it's the TV.

I tried changing the sound output from AUTO to PCM but it doesn't seem to make any difference. Anyone else have this problem?
post #1393 of 1396 Old 11-30-2014, 02:42 PM

Liked: 15
Quote:
Originally Posted by deton8 View Post
About once or twice a week it'll ask me to re-initialize the Smart TV apps when the Home menu loads up. It doesn't stop me watching Netflix or whatever and the message is gone the next time I turn on the TV.

Since the last recent update, however, I've been having the sound on Netflix and the built-in DLNA media player cut out every few minutes. PS3 Netflix app doesn't do this, so I guess it's the TV.

I tried changing the sound output from AUTO to PCM but it doesn't seem to make any difference. Anyone else have this problem?
This is the response I received from LG. Havn't tried it yet.

Thank you for contacting LG Customer Support. We apologize for the inconvenience it may have caused you. I am happy to assist you with your concern on the initialization issue of your LG TV.

In regards to that, please check and remove any external devices like USB stick connected on the TV as it might be the one causing the re-initialize pop-up. You may also need to turn off the SIMPLINK function:

1. Select HOME > SIMPLINK.
2. Select Set SIMPLINK on SIMPLINK menu window. SIMPLINK setup window appears.
3. Set SIMPLINK to Off in SIMPLINK setup window.

If you have any further questions or concerns, you can click on the link below to respond via email or contact our Customer Care Centre on 1300 542 273 (AU) or 0800 542 273 (NZ). We are open 7am - 7pm AU & 9am - 9pm NZ, 7 days a week.

To help improve our Quality of Service, we would appreciate it if you could complete our Customer Service Survey using the Survey link below.

Yours Sincerely,

Xian D
Customer Care Representative
LG Electronics Australia & New Zealand
post #1394 of 1396 Old 12-10-2014, 04:59 AM

I ended up switching out just about everything last weekend.

Apparently it was the HDMI cable between receiver and TV introducing the sound issues.

What is Simplink? LG's version of ARC or HDMI control? Mine's been set to "on" forever now, so I assume it serves some useful function...
post #1395 of 1396 Old 12-11-2014, 05:22 PM

Simplink allows you to control other devices such as ps4/ps3/firetv with your lg remote and will also switch to the input they are connected thru automatically
post #1396 of 1396 Unread Today, 03:27 PM

anybody know what the new update does?
Reply LCD Flat Panel Displays

Tags
Lg , Displays , Lg Cinema Screen 55lm8600 55 Inch Cinema 3d Led Lcd Hdtv , Sony , Blu Ray Players , Lg Cinema Screen 55lm7600 55 Inch Cinema 3d 1080p 240 Hz Led Lcd Hdtv , Lg 47lm8600 Led Lcd Hdtv
Gear in this thread

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page