Official LG 47LM8600/55LM8600 Owners Thread - Page 47 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1381 of 1385 Old 06-10-2014, 12:11 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10

Can anyone suggest what settings give the best results for watching movies (both newer HD and older scaled SD)?

Thanks!

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #1382 of 1385 Old 08-15-2014, 07:57 PM

I started having terrible pixelation on my 47lm8600, especially when watching SD content. I think it was the last firmware update that did it. My collection of old films became practically unwatchable overnight. Is there a way to alleviate the problem?

Thanks!
post #1383 of 1385 Old 09-05-2014, 09:48 PM

New firmware released (06.04.07)

New firmware released (06.04.07) on 9/4.

As far as settings go, I turn off energy saving, use Vivid for all inputs/modes (only use HDMI) and disable Trumotion, and set to "Just Scan".

You might try disabling (or enabling) Super Resolution in the settings and/or playing with the "cinema conversion" modes or disabling "upscaling" in your player.

To be honest, I've noticed a refinement in perceived sharpness and details in some modes, especially in the LG menu modes (excluding settings) with the latest firmware(s).
post #1384 of 1385 Old 09-06-2014, 01:40 PM

Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Audio from Smart Apps on LG LM8600 will not play thru AVR

Has anyone had a problem not being able to play the audio from YouTube or Amazon Prime thru their AVR?

I have the LG 55LM8600. Audio works fine for DishTV. I have a Yamaha RX-A3020 for AVR. However, when I try to play a YouTube or Amazon Prime video/movie the audio does not come thru.

Here is how i am connected currently

TV - HDMI 1(ARC) goes to HDMI Out 1 (ARC) on AVR
DishTV goes to HDMI AV2 on AVR

For tv watching i simply go to AV2 on AVR and everything is fine. But when I then try to play videos thru the Smart TV apps on the LG i get no sound thru AVR. In order to get sound I have to change setting on the LG to use the TV speaker not an External speaker.

I want to be able to watch a movie and listen to it through my home theater setup, NOT the wimpy LG tv speakers!!!

Any suggestions?

Thanks in advance!
post #1385 of 1385 Old 09-11-2014, 04:44 PM

Verify ARC/Simplink

Quote:
Originally Posted by jahriel12 View Post
Has anyone had a problem not being able to play the audio from YouTube or Amazon Prime thru their AVR?

I have the LG 55LM8600. Audio works fine for DishTV. I have a Yamaha RX-A3020 for AVR. However, when I try to play a YouTube or Amazon Prime video/movie the audio does not come thru.

Here is how i am connected currently

TV - HDMI 1(ARC) goes to HDMI Out 1 (ARC) on AVR
DishTV goes to HDMI AV2 on AVR

For tv watching i simply go to AV2 on AVR and everything is fine. But when I then try to play videos thru the Smart TV apps on the LG i get no sound thru AVR. In order to get sound I have to change setting on the LG to use the TV speaker not an External speaker.

I want to be able to watch a movie and listen to it through my home theater setup, NOT the wimpy LG tv speakers!!!

Any suggestions?

Thanks in advance!
Sounds like you dont have ARC enabled in the TV or Simplink not enabled.

Verify ARC is enabled in Settings/Sound/Sound Settings with "Digital Sound Out" set to Auto.

Verify Simplink is enabled in MyApps/Simplink/Simplink Setting with "Simplink" set to ON.

Also verify ARC/HDMI/HDMI CEC is enabled in your "AVR" settings.

Hope that helps.
Reply LCD Flat Panel Displays

Tags
Lg , Displays , Lg Cinema Screen 55lm8600 55 Inch Cinema 3d Led Lcd Hdtv , Sony , Blu Ray Players , Lg Cinema Screen 55lm7600 55 Inch Cinema 3d 1080p 240 Hz Led Lcd Hdtv , Lg 47lm8600 Led Lcd Hdtv
Gear in this thread

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page